The Dis Unplugged #5 Stay Out of the Damn Employees

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's funny you mentioned that bc DH and I would always laugh at how Charles would force himself almost into a pretzel trying to describe things using "big words." As if he was trying to be so esoteric with his word choices, philosophizing about friggin MK quick service meals or something...trying to sound like the smartest guy in the room. 🤣

Though, I have to admit I recall him making some joke about the design of the queue for Na'vi River Journey that had me rolling at the time. I can't remember specifics but I think it was something about Pier One, or the wicker / bamboo / rattan...something? Do you remember that?
There was an episode where they were discussing retired Disney attractions. Charles talked about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and went on a LOOOOONG rant about how it teaches children lessons to not speed, be reckless, etc. It came off as pseudo-intellectual, but at least it was interesting.

He strikes me as a grown up theater kid, tbh. Trying to stand out and be different. I didn't like him at all at first but eventually I came to appreciate his perspective, especially since he was opening to try new things/weird menu items unlike the mac and cheese king and sir smokes-a-lot. Even then, though, his pretension would creep beyond the screen on occasion.

I wonder what happened to him. I remember the story of how he just said screw it one day and left, but he's never resurfaced online as far as I can tell.

Reactions: 3
There was an episode where they were discussing retired Disney attractions. Charles talked about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and went on a LOOOOONG rant about how it teaches children lessons to not speed, be reckless, etc. It came off as pseudo-intellectual, but at least it was interesting.

He strikes me as a grown up theater kid, tbh. Trying to stand out and be different. I didn't like him at all at first but eventually I came to appreciate his perspective, especially since he was opening to try new things/weird menu items unlike the mac and cheese king and sir smokes-a-lot. Even then, though, his pretension would creep beyond the screen on occasion.

I wonder what happened to him. I remember the story of how he just said screw it one day and left, but he's never resurfaced online as far as I can tell.

I mocked him mercilessly for this episode. I rolled my eyes so hard I’m shocked the entire earth didn’t reverse rotation. I forgot about it til now and I hate that I remember it. It was the worst.

I know that wasn’t your point here but I just remember sitting there and being like, wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m not sure about prison time. All I knew was that he stabbed at least one person.

I am usually someone that can win someone over in person and Charles just hated me from the first day, until his last. I never made any ground with him and I tried but he would go out of his way to constantly bring up my past and just blast me for it. Like I get it, he wears bow ties and has a bigger vocabulary than me and doesn’t have sex for money but just give me a break for like….a day?

He constantly would make snide remarks about me behind my back and to my face and I finally just told him to get off my dick or start paying me. Obviously, this went over poorly but I was sick of it. Just keep your head down, do your Job and stop stabbing people, it’s not hard.
“Get off my dick, and just stop stabbing people” is the energy I needed today!
Sean you are an absolute treasure!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I mocked him mercilessly for this episode. I rolled my eyes so hard I’m shocked the entire earth didn’t reverse rotation. I forgot about it til now and I hate that I remember it. It was the worst.

I know that wasn’t your point here but I just remember sitting there and being like, wtf?
Sean give us some Ryno tea.

Reactions: 7
So he was running around buying Gucci and jewelry and parading his labels and he can’t pay his debts? Maybe he needs to sell some DVC since it is such a great investment. Has mommy been bailing him out his entire life? Has he just never grown up and learned to be a decent and responsible adult? He gets more and more disgusting by the minute.

Reactions: 14

Wait I remember it now. It’s because I just really personally love Winnie the Pooh and we were comparing whether it was a good change. And that little witch sat there and stumped this big elaborate speech about ‘sharing is caring’ and life lessons or whatever and it was strictly to be contentious against me and I know it.

So I said the only thing I could when asked to defend why I liked the Winnie the Pooh ride and I said something like ‘because it has Winnie the Pooh.’ And that was my only defense but I just liked that ride better?

I did also go watch Mr Toads after his speech and the movie is stupid. It’s just this adhd frog that treats his friends like garbage. He didn’t deserve going to jail or getting his house overtaken but he’s not like a hero or anything. He’s just kind of a jerk that had a rough couple of days?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So he was running around buying Gucci and jewelry and parading his labels and he can’t pay his debts? Maybe he needs to sell some DVC since it is such a great investment. Has mommy been bailing him out his entire life? Has he just never grown up and learned to be a decent and responsible adult? He gets more and more disgusting by the minute.
Sean said all his DVC contracts are financed, so I wouldn't expect him to sell them off so easily.

This does track with what Sean and others have said before about Pete. He's a poor guy who happens to make a lot of money, like those millenials living paycheck to paycheck on 200k a year. He's just a financial mess.

Think Gio left him because he's broke? Between him and the company, he's about 900k in the hole. Could this be the end of Bob Varley Studio aka Pete's spare room?

Reactions: 8

I remember Googling him right after he left the Dis and finding his Twitter and a lot of Police related stuff.

Charles was also a "noted tank top wearer", I remember his Twitter profile picture.

Reactions: 4
Ryno needs this job though. He's got no skills and he isn't even a good presence on camera. No other vlog company would be interested, he can't carry a channel by himself, and lord knows a resume of "ate cupcakes at Disney World" for 15 years won't do any good on the job market.
so I just unsubbed and unfollowed everyone today but recently Ryno has been talking about moving out of Florida and he does acknowledge he doesn’t know what he would do for work. He seems super super super over it. It’s like he sort of wants to start talking tit and then remembers who is watching and who his audience is and quickly backtracks. Would love to hear what he has to say if he ever did leave. Oddly he never ever mentions Eli when he theorizes where he would move to our talks about his finances but afaik they’re still together.

I subbed to panda and Deni instead. Molly is super annoying to me but anyone else have any suggestions I’m open.

He was on Twitter for a while after he left the Dis. Last I checked his account was still there but he hadn’t posted in like a year. I didn’t really like Charles at first be he really grew on me over time. He seemed like a natural performer and had a weird since of humor. The “Charles Goes Fishing at Port Orleans” video was among the funniest things I’ve seen in a Disney vlog and basically it was just him doing a 15 minute monologue and I believe Ryno filming.

Still it was quite easy to tell none of the team liked him. I remember on one show he turned to Theresa when she said something smart to him and he said “Theresa you don’t like me do you?” To which she replied something like “You’re damn right I don’t and I don’t mind telling you!”

Reactions: 3
Pete flexes so hard with the constant concierge cruising, tacky designer clothes and jewelry and his addiction to DVC points etc, I’m not surprised he’s in debt but this amount is insane. Makes me laugh that Pete, John and Kevin were always pushing ABD as if normal people could afford it, also convenient that Kevin handled ABD so him and John kept those nice fat fees for themselves.

I’m thinking if he’s forced to pay he’ll just declare bankruptcy. I’m sure Pete would look down on how little me and my family travel but when we do we can pay it off quickly

so I just unsubbed and unfollowed everyone today but recently Ryno has been talking about moving out of Florida and he does acknowledge he doesn’t know what he would do for work. He seems super super super over it. Would love to hear what he has to say if he ever did leave. Oddly he never ever mentions Eli when he theorizes where he would move to our talks about his finances but afaik they’re still together.

I subbed to panda and Deni instead. Molly is super annoying to me but anyone else have any suggestions I’m open.
I'm kind of surprised Ryno hasn't left already. I remember the episode where he talked about Desantis' new law that lowered the bar for death penalty assignment (from whole jury agreement to 8-4 in favor). He claimed you could be killed by the state when only 50% of the jurors wanted you dead. Of course he then stated that you could go to jail for being gay and then be sentenced to death for it.

Maybe the only thing keeping him in Florida is his inability to read a map?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone said they ran in to Tyler and he had some choice words about Pete and I want to know what those were. I loved Tyler and Katrina.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I remember Googling him right after he left the Dis and finding his Twitter and a lot of Police related stuff.

Charles was also a "noted tank top wearer", I remember his Twitter profile picture.
I remember a mug shot. Didn't Charles stab his lover? I remember something like that in the police report? And he wasn't cooperating with the police.

But then I remember him talking about, while on the DIS, about a girlfriend who was a chef... or am I misremembering?

Reactions: 6
I remember a mug shot. Didn't Charles stab his lover? I remember something like that in the police report? And he wasn't cooperating with the police.

But then I remember him talking about, while on the DIS, about a girlfriend who was a chef... or am I misremembering?
Yep, that all sounds familiar to me.

This is interesting. From very early on, Pete always struck me as a guy who didn't have much polish or sophistication, but worked hard to at least visually project the image. From the way he presents himself, down to the weird "grandma's kitchen" studio space, things just didn't mesh. To be honest, I told my wife I thought he had travel related businesses in order to live the lifestyle on the company's dime. Expense everything and be the Florida version of Robin Leach. Maybe I wasn't too far off. I wonder how many D&G shirts and Gucci loafers MOT or Dreams Unlimited paid for. Even a couple thousand DVC points could be paid for by Dreams Unlimited and pitched to the IRS as business related marketing expenses.

Reactions: 1

I just looked up his court records. He had allegedly stabbed another man and run into the woods. He didn't put his hands up like the cops asked him to and was tazed. Turned out he had a previous warrant for violation of probation stemming from an old DUI arrest. It seems like he served 10 months in prison.

Don't know if it was his lover but it was listed as a domestic abuse situation. They could've been roommates.

IIRC, wasn't the chef gf someone related to Pete or another team member?

Reactions: 5
I'm kind of surprised Ryno hasn't left already. I remember the episode where he talked about Desantis' new law that lowered the bar for death penalty assignment (from whole jury agreement to 8-4 in favor). He claimed you could be killed by the state when only 50% of the jurors wanted you dead. Of course he then stated that you could go to jail for being gay and then be sentenced to death for it.

Maybe the only thing keeping him in Florida is his inability to read a map?
It seemed like he just can’t pick a state he wanted to stay on and again, when he talks about it there was absolutely no factoring in his long time boyfriend which was interesting. I know he was working on getting his channel monetized and he did, Although I’m sure it doesn’t bring in much. I think at one point he mentioned living with a friend so again, it’s interesting to hear him talk about it. But as mentioned here I just can’t be complicit in supporting Pete in any way anymore even if I’ve always felt kinship with both Craig and Ryno so I won’t know what he decides on the future!

Am the only one who likes Ryno? He puts it out there- he tells you who he is - you can take it or leave it. I don’t always love his complaining, but again he puts himself out there. I do think he might thrive outside the Dis. Do a big nerd YouTube - I don’t know.
I met him once with Steve Porter and they were both super nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.