The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a DIS fan for years, and someone who has used their sponsors (including DVC Resale Market, Magic Candle Company, etc) and contributed to their Patreon in the past, I'm a little shellshocked by some of the revelations here. Every business has it's drama, but this ranks up there.

I started watching because I wanted to keep up to date with the parks news and I enjoyed Pete's famous takes. We go to WDW roughly once per year and finding a podcast network that filled me on what was going on was entertaining and fun. This morphed into enjoying the DVC Show (and into purchasing a small DVC resale contract) and eventually the Cruise Line show and finally Moving to Orlando.

However, The DIS isn't fun anymore.

As much as I like some of the content they produce and enjoy some of the personalities, I feel like the quality has gone downhill.

They need to make some serious changes and it needs to start at the top. The 8/23/22 episode was one of the worst produced, nonsensical and unprofessional shows they've done. It wasn't fun in an "Off the Rails" riff-on-one-topic kind of way, it was a complete tit show. I've listened to amateur podcasts that were more thought out than that show.

There's a big difference in not wanting an overproduced, scripted show and being completely unprepared.

This year, the 7 in 7's were half assed or didn't happen, the dining reviews have been mostly quick service (because apparently it takes a year to get reimbursed), the Tuesday show has been dominated by DCL and how great concierge is, apparently prepared topics aren't allowed anymore and B-roll doesn't exist (because none of the staff seem to go the parks or resorts).

If you're going to talk about Mickey's Not So Scary (which is a big deal in the World of Disney bloggers), you might want to have the pricing history ready for your audience. Aren't you really a travel company masquerading as a Disney news podcast? Wouldn't pricing and accurate event information be important?

Half the staff has checked out (literally) and the other half have checked out mentally. Craig can't do it all.

If this is the future, count me out.

Sean, I honestly hope you get some closure with everything. We all make mistakes and deserve to not be punished for them for the rest of our lives. You also deserve to be happy. Partners shouldn't make you feel indebted or less-than. You have a knack for relating to people and I wish you nothing but the best in your real estate career. Build your new channel and Facebook group and continue to grow professionally.

I also hope you continue to better yourself and find yourself a good therapist.

Reactions: 22
I need you to elaborate on this. Full disclosure, I personally know Ryno. I’m not in any position to be of any “use” to him and he and I are cool. I just have never gotten that vibe from him from the time we’ve spent, so I’m wondering if this is just your own personal experience with him.
I'm glad that your experience has been a good one, thats how it should be. But to maintain the anonymity standard of this site im not going to elaborate, although I'm sure others have similar feelings about him based on previous posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
They need to make some serious changes and it needs to start at the top. The 8/23/22 episode was one of the worst produced, nonsensical and unprofessional shows they've done. It wasn't fun in an "Off the Rails" riff-on-one-topic kind of way, it was a complete tit show. I've listened to amateur podcasts that were more thought out than that show.

There's a big difference in not wanting an overproduced, scripted show and being completely unprepared.

This year, the 7 in 7's were half assed or didn't happen, the dining reviews have been mostly quick service (because apparently it takes a year to get reimbursed), the Tuesday show has been dominated by DCL and how great concierge is, apparently prepared topics aren't allowed anymore and B-roll doesn't exist (because none of the staff seem to go the parks or resorts).

If you're going to talk about Mickey's Not So Scary (which is a big deal in the World of Disney bloggers), you might want to have the pricing history ready for your audience. Aren't you really a travel company masquerading as a Disney news podcast? Wouldn't pricing and accurate event information be important?

Half the staff has checked out (literally) and the other half have checked out mentally. Craig can't do it all.

If this is the future, count me out.
As a someone who listened from the beginning, the entire market is just over saturated. I have to give the original Pete, Corey and the "early team" credit, that there was a time when the DIS was really out there by themselves in terms of producing quality content (Mongello was around, but there wasn't that much else). The 7 in 7 series was awesome and a great idea... 12 years ago. Now you can just log onto youtube and find dozens of accounts doing the same thing. Even the forums which used to be a premier spot to get Disney information and questions answered are just a shell of themselves. The DIS has turned into a giant dinosaur, and thats before you even start factoring in some of the toxic issues of the workplace.

Reactions: 8
I agree, my wife however prefers his solo shopping trips.

She told me about the time the shoppers pushed him out of the way. That was about the time some of the mood change happened. I totally get that. The last year in the park has probably been stressful.
I always questioned what really happened with that incident. I've watched some of his shopping vlogs where he is blocking shelving. I'm thinking there was blame on both sides.

Reactions: 1
…I think I’m losing my mind for people feeling bad for a bleeping fake dog. Holy tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
However, The DIS isn't fun anymore.

As much as I like some of the content they produce and enjoy some of the personalities, I feel like the quality has gone downhill.

Agreed, for me it's the lack of consistency. They've either canceled the Tuesday (and other shows) or phoned it in. I think they're trying but the lack of consistency and quality this summer has been nuts. I felt bad for the guys on the 8/23 show (you are completely right) because I've come back from Japan and Alaska and readjustment to the time zone plus being at work the next day is murder. Still though, they've missed/under delivered so many before that that it leaves a bad taste.

I hope whatever is going on gets resolved.

I always questioned what really happened with that incident. I've watched some of his shopping vlogs where he is blocking shelving. I'm thinking there was blame on both sides.
That's a fair question. Vloggers do tend to take up a lot of space from what I've seen. I've also seen the savagery of guests so I don't know.

…I think I’m losing my mind for people feeling bad for a bleeping fake dog. Holy tit.
TBF, I didn't see the level to which he said that. If it just reminded him of animal cruelty I get it but I'm not calling for the dog to be removed or anything. Also, I think those type comments from him are a little much for a theme park vlog. I still like him as a video personality. I don't know him in any other capacity to judge.

Last edited:
That 8/23 video was the epitome of unprofessionalism this team is tit without Pete they can not guide this show without him. I know you read here Craig you should be ashamed of that tit you produced. Look at your universal content no one is tuning in for you.

That 8/23 video was the epitome of unprofessionalism this team is tit without Pete they can not guide this show without him. I know you read here Craig you should be ashamed of that tit you produced. Look at your universal content no one is tuning in for you.
My only problem with their Universal content is that so many episodes are about HHN and I am not interested whatsoever so only ever "get to" watch about half the episodes. I don't follow any other Universal shows though so don't know if its just them or if it's a thing that happens with all of them. I get that it's a massive deal for a lot of people but it sounds like my worst nightmare haha.

Agreed, for me it's the lack of consistency. They've either canceled the Tuesday (and other shows) or phoned it in. I think they're trying but the lack of consistency and quality this summer has been nuts.
Say what you will about Pete, but at least during the Tuesday show, he's good at keeping the discussion focused from topic to topic—even if that's because it's mostly him talking. Deni was also very good at this. I'm not surprised she landed a public relations job once she got more and more exposure.

Reactions: 9
I'm glad that your experience has been a good one, thats how it should be. But to maintain the anonymity standard of this site im not going to elaborate, although I'm sure others have similar feelings about him based on previous posts.
Well, if you’re gonna bring it up in the first place…

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I will admit, I actually like the Universal Show, even if they are weeks late with the universal news. I think I like it because they don't actually take themselves too seriously and I don't take them seriously either. They are both definitely more relaxed on the universal show, and they actually have some passion about it, even if it they are kinda ridiculous. I loved with JL was on with them because it would be Ryan and Craig being stupid and then JL would just sigh. She was a parent dealing with a couple of teenagers in the back of the car.
The thing with Ryno (and people like him) is that they complain about so much in their life, and yet they do nothing to change their circumstances. It gets exhausting. And also, after having spent time with him and the team, he was definitely one of the less friendly of the group. I'm sure if you ran into him in the park, he is the type of person who is really nice then. He loves his fans...or the adoration of his fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
To be fair, Craig might be the only reason why some of us still tune in. Pete, John, & Kevin are practically non-existent on the show. Deni is gone and BFP & Erica are boring. The best combo, in my opinion, was the Off the Rails show with Craig, Deni, & Ryno.

I’ll give them a pass for being a bit disjointed on 8/23 since they had just come back from Alaska but the whole bit about Ryno not knowing how to do his job and press the stupid button was just obnoxious.

Reactions: 5
Whoa. I didn't watch until right before the pandemic, so I don't know much about the old players. I just returned from letting the dogs out & I left the tv on upstairs. Dis Dining is playing the Sebastian's review from 2018, and it is Eric's first time on camera. Very interesting to watch as Pete is teasing an announcement, which will have to do with "his very good friend" Eric in the future. Odd that this video would be the one that randomly came on...spooky.

• Wow
First of all: Sorry for possible mistakes, English is not my native language.

I discovered the DIS-threads on this site only a few weeks ago and am stunned and frankly a bit saddened by all the things that are being revealed here.

For me, watching the DIS Unplugged crew has always been like an escape from reality, a good way to dream about Disney World & Disneyland since I live in Europe and very rarely have the opportunity to actually travel there. I discovered them in 2016/2017 and loved all the content of the team at that time - especially the Tuesday show, with Pete, John, Kevin, Corey & Julie, Ryno, Craig, Steve, Cathy, Theresa... as well as the Disneyland show with the pre Tyler & Katrina team.

But I have to say that for some time now I've also had the feeling that the content was getting worse and worse, which also has to do with the fact that people you slowly get used to and whose insights you eventually really appreciate keep disappearing, like Charles or now Deni. No we know why that is the case, obviously. Thanks Sean for all the information; to be honest, I've always wondered how the relationships within the team were, especially between Pete and other individuals, but nothing is ever said about that. His way of running his business and his employees is obviously unprofessional to the max and with this knowledge it's really hard to continue to watch him and take him seriously. Still find his rants entertaining, even though they‘re so ridiculous sometimes (or maybe because of that).

I have also canceled Patreon and catch myself having no desire to tune in on Tuesdays again and again. As I said - that makes me really sad, because this hour in the week was my little happy place for a long time; a small moment not think about work & everyday life but fully engage in Disney magic with people who „get it“, too.

I find the development especially frustrating for Ryno and Craig, because I always had the impression that both work really hard to deliver good content and because they actually love what they do. I always appreciated Ryno's input, because he always considered less privileged people in his arguments, which I think is very important. Always had the feeling that he was my spirit animal and I really wish him from the bottom of my heart that he finds his way and becomes happy.

Personally, I‘d also be interested in the Fiasco-story. How did he get in Pete‘s favor? I know he is a vet, but that can’t be it? To me it always seemed like he was the new Steve - a person Pete could make the butt of the joke whenever he felt like it.

Reactions: 17
I’m curious how Drake found his way into the group. My understanding is that he wasn’t a realtor when he started, not sure if he was hired as a producer or what. Then I thought he was gone, then back. Is he now performing in Parades in the Magic Kingdom? So many questions about how this group came together.

Question for the regulars, has the last two weeks been the busiest for this thread? I've only looked at the thread a couple of times since 2020 (was following the Tracker thread mostly) and it seems like there's been a lot more lately.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.