The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jafar, Rufio and Mandalorian,
I know you want to keep some anonymity but do you guys/girls know each other? Have you ever been on camera, even in the background, on any of the vlogs? It sounds like you're all in the inner circle.
I don't know either of them, that I am aware of

Reactions: 2
What a weird thing to be so hung up on with Ryno. Being aware and vocal about problems he sees makes him a bad person? lol I also feel bad for the scrawny dog in HM, I guess I'm the worst!
Been lurking for a couple of days and seeing the Ryno (and Craig) divide a lot. Wanted to throw in a business pov.

First, I really like Ryno and Craig. They're what kept me watching and my wife still hopes to see Ryno in the park. I think he's a good person, nothing wrong with feeling bad for the dog (they may be robots but their point is to elicit a response), but being vocal is a double edged sword.

For the last two years Ryno has clearly been going through something. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone has been affected by the state of things. The problem however is it has affected his work for a while now. He has literally become the Debbie Downer SNL skit. I don't fully disagree with his feelings but he has a product to sell and that is not the time or place to constantly tit on it. I love the way he and Craig used to criticize things but it's evolved into nihilism. I know some people believe any platform has a responsibility to champion righteousness but if that same act erodes your platform then what good does it serve. There is also the fact that no matter what he does he is still part of the system he's crapping on. He needs to reconcile that or move on. There is nothing wrong with either of those choices. I think it's normal for someone that age (especially for this generation that seems to be raised on zero tolerance towards things) to go through this conundrum. Additionally, he may be going through external things that exacerbate the situation. It's just been going on a bit long. I wish him the best though.

This is just my opinion though.

Reactions: 11
Been lurking for a couple of days and seeing the Ryno (and Craig) divide a lot. Wanted to throw in a business pov.

First, I really like Ryno and Craig. They're what kept me watching and my wife still hopes to see Ryno in the park. I think he's a good person, nothing wrong with feeling bad for the dog (they may be robots but their point is to elicit a response), but being vocal is a double edged sword.

For the last two years Ryno has clearly been going through something. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone has been affected by the state of things. The problem however is it has affected his work for a while now. He has literally become the Debbie Downer SNL skit. I don't fully disagree with his feelings but he has a product to sell and that is not the time or place to constantly tit on it. I love the way he and Craig used to criticize things but it's evolved into nihilism. I know some people believe any platform has a responsibility to champion righteousness but if that same act erodes your platform then what good does it serve. There is also the fact that no matter what he does he is still part of the system he's crapping on. He needs to reconcile that or move on. There is nothing wrong with either of those choices. I think it's normal for someone that age (especially for this generation that seems to be raised on zero tolerance towards things) to go through this conundrum. Additionally, he may be going through external things that exacerbate the situation. It's just been going on a bit long. I wish him the best though.

I think the Pandemic + Current Political Issues have absolutely broken Ryno.

Reactions: 18
I think the Pandemic + Current Political Issues have absolutely broken Ryno.
For sure, I also think a lot of vloggers are burning out but can't find that money elsewhere. I've got the feeling lately that a lot of the older vloggers (channel age not physical) would jump ship in a heartbeat if they could replace that income.

Reactions: 4

Ryno and Craig have always been great to me. When you’re on camera you’re always going to have fans and haters. Both are good individuals but certainly are not for everyone.

Reactions: 5
Ryno and Craig have always been great to me. When you’re on camera you’re always going to have fans and haters. Both are good individuals but certainly are not for everyone.
They are only good together, they are the epitome of "greater than the sum of its parts".

Either one on their own really turns me off, but both of them together some how works.

Reactions: 3
i used to watch regularly five to six years ago. I still will catch an occasional review here an there. The entire outfit and especially the flagship show gives me an Island of Misfit Toys vibe. To extent that is fine, but after a bit for such a big operator in their space they should get their act together.

I think Pete is a tragic tormented broken soul, but not inherently a pleasant person. He’s no dummy for sure. Not very sympathetic figure either.

Reactions: 5
They are only good together, they are the epitome of "greater than the sum of its parts".

Either one on their own really turns me off, but both of them together some how works.
I agree, my wife however prefers his solo shopping trips.

She told me about the time the shoppers pushed him out of the way. That was about the time some of the mood change happened. I totally get that. The last year in the park has probably been stressful.

Sean said:

Pete does not have financial issues. In 2019 he was exploring retirement and he just needed to start learning to spend on a budget (even a high one) compared to how he spends currently. The money would be capped and if he ran out, that's it. So, it was just about getting ducks in a row.

I dont know enough about Craig and Coreys deal for the The DIS to say much, but I imagine the terms didn't work for them.

As far as Pete's announcement to sell MTO. Nobody was 'lying' in the situation. Pete had offered to sell me his half (which he does all the time) and that time we finally started discussing numbers and terms. He just announced it way too early. I didn't even know he said it on his Patreon show until I was told about tattle. He offered me bad terms and the deal kept changing all the time so I backed out. He is now offering his half to other people as well for much better terms but I just dont think hes going to sell it.

I dont think Pete intends to be a bad guy, I do think he tries to do good things for people and give people chances, but then something in his head takes over and feels like he's owed too much gratitude and he just can't separate the good that he does from people not being indebted. I really don't think he realizes he is the way he is.

As far as me being close to the team or them not liking me. I was never close with the team and didn't hang out with them. I quickly understood their position and didn't want to mess with anyones job. If they were friendly with me, Pete might feel threatened. If Pete fell out with me (which was often) and they were still my friend, Pete would be mad at them. If Pete tit talked me to them and they agreed, then he would turn on them once he and I made up. So being close with the team really wasn't an option. That being said, I was told that Dustin was a little aggressive with the team and I people felt he talked to them like he was the owner because he had backing from Pete on things, so I know they felt me coming in was just going to be Dustin 2.0.

Can confirm, Charles hates my bleeping guts. He hated me from day 1. As eluded too in the group, Charles and I each have our own 'pasts' and some people just aren't going to be able to get beyond those things, regardless of how much you change or grow. I know Charles and I both joined to change our trajectory in life and to become better people and Pete gave each of us an opportunity that he didn't have to, so I am grateful for that (just not indebted forever) - we both were awarded positions that we weren't qualified for, I admit. However, Charles was very protective of Pete and just didn't feel that Pete and I were a good match and he just felt like I was with Pete for his money. Pete proposed to me a few times and I always turned him down. He offered to make me not have to sign a prenup and I still turned him down. Despite this, Charles still always saw me as the bad guy and Pete wouldn't listen to him and he spiraled. I completely understand someone not trusting someone with a past they don't agree with, but - his past wasn't so hot either and people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....

From the times I have hung out with the team, they have all been really nice. Ryno and Craig are great guys in person. I do think the pandemic has hurt Ryno and people as a whole have just learned to live in the mess that is work. One of the biggest things that was pointed out to me on tattle and why I made my first video was the professionalism and knowledge. More often than not, shows were not determined until the day of or less than 24 hours before the show. I remember many times showing up to film and still not knowing the topics for the show (and we filmed 4 at a time) - one time, I showed up and me, Fiasco, Steve and Pete (I think was the 4) sat in Petes office and came up with topics on the spot and they chose best appetizers at Epcot. I remember not knowing several apps they discussed off hand, nobody knew the names, ingredients, prices or anything. It was just 'I like that one started at Le Cellier' or whatever. So we start doing the show and the whole time I just felt uncomfortable because it all felt unprepared and I realized I felt that way a lot when doing the show. We also never reshoot anything. If Pete messes up the intro or something is happening badly with audio or something, we reshoot one portion, but for the most part, we sit and it's 1 take. We don't know who will speak in what order and everyone is a little unsure all the time. Also, I had to stop saying my opinions before the show because Pete would take everyone else's opinions that were shared and say them first and then that left me with nothing to say (and it happened to others) so I just felt even more unprepared after. When I started hosting MTO, I ran things that same way because that's all I knew. I gave agents the topics the day before and I had no reshoots and no structure. I think authenticity is a good thing but this method is just unprofessional imo. So I think the burn out from everyone of having to 'fly by the seat of their pants' is exhausting. Nobody really knows what's happening because the company itself has not checks and balances and there's not a set 'role' for each people. You just work for Pete and he can have you in whatever capacity, whenever he needs it and it's mentally draining from my experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
From Sean:

Sorry, I also was going to say something about GKTW. I am glad they end up with the money, but the amount of fights I had with Pete about GKTW is ridiculous and it makes it feel more like an ego thing to me, but he thinks I have a huge ego about it, so we were always at each other about them for some reason.

In 2020, GKTW had their first night of a million lights. Steven Amos offered a house to Dreams as one of the companies and Pete asked if I would want to do a house for Moving To Orlando and I said yes. So I started planning the house, I had a whole theme chosen and planned to spend my own money to do it (a few thousand dollars) to make the Moving To orlando house the best house at the place. While I did want the advertising and people noticing it, I also wanted it to be great so people would step up their game and do grander things in the future to make the event more popular (Publix was literally just putting shopping carts in the yard at first) but Pete was really upset that I planned the Moving TO Orlando house without him. He had planned Dreams and was MTO to be similar to the one he did there but I wanted to go a whole different way as I didn't like what Dreams did (I assume GKTW didn't either cause in 2021 their house was on the little trolley tour in the back that doesn't even stop) - eventually we had to just pull MTO entirely because of 'my ego'

Then in 2021, I told Pete that I was going to donate an AbD to GKTW for the auction. I had pushed several times to Dreams to auction cruises previously and they never would. They finally did and it was a hit (who would've thought?) and I said they should do AbD and they said no. So I donated one myself. Pete got very upset that I donated it in my name and not 'Moving To Orlando' and I said, thats fine, but I am the one paying for it, so I put my own name. If I put Moving To Orlando, everyone will just say the Pete donated it and this is expensive for me to do so I am putting my name on it, plus it's my donation and not the companies, so that changes the taxes. He then offered to compensate me half the money if I would agree to change it to MTO's donation and I said no, you have more than enough money to donate 1 on your own too, I told y'all that Dreams should donate one and you didn't, so go donate one yourself. That man never stopped berating me about that for months. Even the day he went on the show and announced how much money it made for the village (over 50k) and talked me up, he had just fought me about it like, right before.

Finally DIScon. We had a MTO booth last year and it was a huge bust (who would've thought?) - I was actually banned from the event and just showed up anyway briefly. We got a total of 6 leads over 2 days and nobody bought anything. So this year rolls around and Pete was supposed to be selling to me and he wanted to know if I was getting a booth at DIScon and I said absolutely not. He was very upset and asked me about 4 more times over the next 5-6 months to reconsider. I still wouldn't get a booth and finally he just got one anyway and sent me an email saying, he got a booth and there's nothing I can do about it. I said I don't care, if you buy the booth and want to operate it, I dont care. I just didn't want to pay for one. Next thing I know, I get a letter from his attorney about the booth. The lawyer said that I am harming MTO by not agreeing to this booth and that MTO has participated and maned a booth 'every year' (it's only ever happened once) and that this is for GKTW and Sean must stop deliberately hurting the companies reputation by not having a booth. So, if anybody goes to DIScon, please enjoy that booth with your whole heart because attorneys had to get involved over it, so I hope it's good.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Thanks, Sean, for answering about your relationship with the team. It completely makes sense that after coming in after Dustin, you kept your distance because you were just going to been seen as a favorite already. It is a no-win situation for anyone that Pete brings in. I guess my newest wager will be when Gio starts popping up on videos, I say soon!

What a weird thing to be so hung up on with Ryno. Being aware and vocal about problems he sees makes him a bad person? lol I also feel bad for the scrawny dog in HM, I guess I'm the worst!
I think its more being a phony and a hypocrite that was the point

Jafar, Rufio and Mandalorian,
I know you want to keep some anonymity but do you guys/girls know each other? Have you ever been on camera, even in the background, on any of the vlogs? It sounds like you're all in the inner circle.
I do not know who the other two are

I think its more being a phony and a hypocrite that was the point
Are you saying Ryno doesn't actually believe in the social justice rhetoric he shares online? If that's the case, that's different than what I interpreted in the other poster's post.

Are you saying Ryno doesn't actually believe in the social justice rhetoric he shares online? If that's the case, that's different than what I interpreted in the other poster's post.
He may believe in it but he doesn't practice it. He treats people like resources. "How useful are you to me?" type of a thing. So his talk about treating people well and being a good person is disingenuous.

I always thought of Ryno as a less successful Pete Jr.
Nailed it!

Reactions: 1
He may believe in it but he doesn't practice it. He treats people like resources. "How useful are you to me?" type of a thing. So his talk about treating people well and being a good person is disingenuous.
Ah, then that's different. That's crappy.

Reactions: 2

Nailed it!
I need you to elaborate on this. Full disclosure, I personally know Ryno. I’m not in any position to be of any “use” to him and he and I are cool. I just have never gotten that vibe from him from the time we’ve spent, so I’m wondering if this is just your own personal experience with him.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like a survival skill he's had to develop in that workplace.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.