The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive been close with one of the dis people for a long time and it seems like a terrible place to work. Everybody is constantly afraid they will get fired if they do anything Pete doesn't like.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I see the reply on the reality of over-claiming disability was removed. Suffice it to say that’s the case in the vast majority of cases. 1990: 300,000 kids receiving SSI disability. 1995: 900,000. It tripled in 5 years. You also had the transfer of welfare payment responsibility from the federal to the state governments. The state governments have contractors who are compensated for each person taken off of welfare and placed onto SSI disability as it re-transfers costs from the states back to a federal program.

I have family with mental disabilities. We do other things. Disney or any theme park would be out of the question. I question anyone’s sincerity over getting DAS passes when they’re in the park multiple days every week. So you’re going to Disney dozens of times a year, but can’t wait in lines? You can wait an hour for fireworks at “your spot,” but can’t wait 35 minutes for a ride?

The sooner people see reality for what it is the better. I guess for most it’s far easier to “not get involved” by giving others the “benefit of the doubt” because “we don’t know the situation.” The problem is we now have a society where far too many are looking for handouts and entitlements. And the rest are just content to be a oblivious to it. That’s easier because then they don’t have to look like they’re insensitive. It’s virtue signaling. Like I said, it’s like being a naive tourist in a foreign market getting ripped off. I see it for what it is and speak up because as with so many things, few have the courage to speak about what they see in front of them. It’s far more comfortable to stay blue pilled and numb to reality.

Reactions: 3
Obviously people don’t actually understand how DAS works. It doesn’t “skip in line” or lessen waiting time, it is literally not having to physically stand in the actual standby line. Your wait is the same as somebody in standby and some times it is even longer because the LL lanes can be long sometimes as well. I don’t know why people have their panties in a twist over a disability accommodation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Obviously people don’t actually understand how DAS works. It doesn’t “skip in line” or lessen waiting time, it is literally not having to physically stand in the actual standby line. Your wait is the same as somebody in standby and some times it is even longer because the LL lanes can be long sometimes as well. I don’t know why people have their panties in a twist over a disability accommodation.
I understand frustration, but DAS can be used a psuedo fast pass.

You want to ride Space, it has a wait time of 60 minutes. They give you a return time from 60 minutes out. In the interim you can go ride People Mover, and then ohh look Buzz has a 10 minute wait so you go do that, then maybe you get a snack, and then comeback to Space Mountain to ride.

Reactions: 4

You want to ride Space, it has a wait time of 60 minutes. They give you a return time from 60 minutes out. In the interim you can go ride People Mover, and then ohh look Buzz has a 10 minute wait so you go do that, then maybe you get a snack, and then comeback to Space Mountain to ride.
Are they allowed more than one at a time? If that is the case, it's better than LL.

I’ve just heard a lot of the stories so if you have a specific question, I might know.

I know Jackie is actually that nice in real life.

Charles apparently quit out in Disneyland in a really dramatic way and then disappeared. He apparently wasn’t even on the return flight with them and left the content writers in a bind.
Pete despises Ryno because he sees him as a threat to his popularity. He’s been looking for a way to fire him for years without upsetting the audience but he couldn’t with Covid and now he can’t because Deni and Fiasco quit.
Fiasco was on Petes list for a long time too because of his views on life. He ‘quit’ technically but I think he was forced out and my guess is that he was offered some kind of escape from his non-compete if he would just leave quietly. Panda was brought in to give Pete the freedom to cut ryno or fiasco and still have a producer.

Overall everyone is just really burnt out. One of the big reasons Deni left was because of the way they make money. Instead of pay increases, Pete shifted to giving advertising deals. So they get a low pay and then get a product to advertise. If you notice only specific people do Patreon and then a different person writes Magic Candle company articles etc. whoever that person is, is getting a cut of the money from that product. The sales from it, is how the person/people make the bulk of their money. The problem is, if they make too much money and the product does too well, Pete caps them. So it will be like 25% of the money Made (with him getting the rest) but then he sees them making more than he thinks they should so he caps it at like $500 per month and ‘guarantees’ them that amount even if the product doesn’t sell much but by that point they have already built up the sales numbers so it makes a lot of money. Then he just has them start on a new product that he will eventually take away when it gets too big for the workers. Deni thought the job was writing about Disney but it really became more of an advertising job.
I believe this is why the quality has gone down because the workers have to put their focus into that kinda stuff to make money instead of the content for the viewers.

Also one of the biggest issues is that people are afraid to spend their money because they might not get paid back. Pete tells people to buy dinners and other things and keep track and expense it back to the company at the end of the month, but if they do and he’s having a bad day or is in a bad mood, he yells at them about it and demands they spend less. He does pay them but by that point he’s threatened them that he won’t pay next time, he calms down and then says for them to go do stuff but they are walking on eggshells so they all started doing really cheap stuff, in case He wont pay them back.

Ultimately Pete bases everything around friendship. It’s never the work, it’s always who went to dinner with him, who texts him and who is his friend and those are the people he puts on things. People join, they get showered in praise and attention and then they have their own tit to do and can’t spend every minute with Pete and Pete turns on them. If Pete can find a new friend then that person is safe and off the radar but if Pete has no new friend to turn to, then that person becomes public enemy 1.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a terrible and unprofessional work environment.

Pete despises Ryno because he sees him as a threat to his popularity.
This made me laugh though. I don't think Pete is in any danger of Ryno becoming more popular than him. He has become so bitter lately and is disdainful of the Dis community. People notice.

• Haha
Yea, public opinion shifted I think on him anyway but I know he was really popular at one point.
I heard there was a blow up over an auction. I guess a meet and greet with Ryno and Craig went for more money than dinner with Pete and Pete felt insecure about where he stood after that and flipped out on Ryno and Craig

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Instead of pay increases, Pete shifted to giving advertising deals. So they get a low pay and then get a product to advertise. If you notice only specific people do Patreon and then a different person writes Magic Candle company articles etc. whoever that person is, is getting a cut of the money from that product. The sales from it, is how the person/people make the bulk of their money. The problem is, if they make too much money and the product does too well, Pete caps them. So it will be like 25% of the money Made (with him getting the rest) but then he sees them making more than he thinks they should so he caps it at like $500 per month and ‘guarantees’ them that amount even if the product doesn’t sell much but by that point they have already built up the sales numbers so it makes a lot of money. Then he just has them start on a new product that he will eventually take away when it gets too big for the workers.
LOL so Pete thinks he’s the only one who deserves to make a decent living in that group? Heaven forbid someone else may reserve a concierge room and prevent him from having it. Way to incentivize your employees, Pete!

Reactions: 2
I’ve just heard a lot of the stories so if you have a specific question, I might know.

Charles apparently quit out in Disneyland in a really dramatic way and then disappeared. He apparently wasn’t even on the return flight with them and left the content writers in a bind.
Pete despises Ryno because he sees him as a threat to his popularity. He’s been looking for a way to fire him for years without upsetting the audience but he couldn’t with Covid and now he can’t because Deni and Fiasco quit.
Fiasco was on Petes list for a long time too because of his views on life. He ‘quit’ technically but I think he was forced out and my guess is that he was offered some kind of escape from his non-compete if he would just leave quietly. Panda was brought in to give Pete the freedom to cut ryno or fiasco and still have a producer.

Overall everyone is just really burnt out. One of the big reasons Deni left was because of the way they make money. Instead of pay increases, Pete shifted to giving advertising deals. So they get a low pay and then get a product to advertise. If you notice only specific people do Patreon and then a different person writes Magic Candle company articles etc. whoever that person is, is getting a cut of the money from that product. The sales from it, is how the person/people make the bulk of their money. The problem is, if they make too much money and the product does too well, Pete caps them. So it will be like 25% of the money Made (with him getting the rest) but then he sees them making more than he thinks they should so he caps it at like $500 per month and ‘guarantees’ them that amount even if the product doesn’t sell much but by that point they have already built up the sales numbers so it makes a lot of money. Then he just has them start on a new product that he will eventually take away when it gets too big for the workers. Deni thought the job was writing about Disney but it really became more of an advertising job.
I believe this is why the quality has gone down because the workers have to put their focus into that kinda stuff to make money instead of the content for the viewers.

Also one of the biggest issues is that people are afraid to spend their money because they might not get paid back. Pete tells people to buy dinners and other things and keep track and expense it back to the company at the end of the month, but if they do and he’s having a bad day or is in a bad mood, he yells at them about it and demands they spend less. He does pay them but by that point he’s threatened them that he won’t pay next time, he calms down and then says for them to go do stuff but they are walking on eggshells so they all started doing really cheap stuff, in case He wont pay them back.

Ultimately Pete bases everything around friendship. It’s never the work, it’s always who went to dinner with him, who texts him and who is his friend and those are the people he puts on things. People join, they get showered in praise and attention and then they have their own tit to do and can’t spend every minute with Pete and Pete turns on them. If Pete can find a new friend then that person is safe and off the radar but if Pete has no new friend to turn to, then that person becomes public enemy 1.
Mandorlandarian, thanks for sharing your insider tea.
Jafar, Any thoughts on expanding or agreeing/disagreeing with anything ?

Very informative and not surprising. As I have said all along Pete is not a good businessman. The agency is awful, the site is awful. He makes a decent living out of luck and timing. He thinks he invented the wheel.

Reactions: 1
Mandorlandarian, thanks for sharing your insider tea.
Jafar, Any thoughts on expanding or agreeing/disagreeing with anything ?
The only thing I haven't heard of in all of this is the details on Deni leaving and the detailed money breakdown but know that money is definitely an issue for everyone so it seems like solid inside info.

From what I know the Charles story is close but not exactly right. Charles resigning was announced on the boards and videos were still released with him after and history shows he wouldve been wiped from existence or never acknowledged if it was as bad as him disappearing.

Not for nothing but why would anybody want to sit and have drinks with Craig and rhino they seem like the Disney know it all people that you cringe online standing next to nothing about them seems friendly or inviting to be 100% honest with you

Not for nothing but why would anybody want to sit and have drinks with Craig and rhino they seem like the Disney know it all people that you cringe online standing next to nothing about them seems friendly or inviting to be 100% honest with you
It just feels like it's only a job for them. No enjoyment is evident.

The only thing I haven't heard of in all of this is the details on Deni leaving and the detailed money breakdown but know that money is definitely an issue for everyone so it seems like solid inside info.

From what I know the Charles story is close but not exactly right. Charles resigning was announced on the boards and videos were still released with him after and history shows he wouldve been wiped from existence or never acknowledged if it was as bad as him disappearing.
I don’t know what videos he was in after because I heard it second/third hand but he had recently been on a cruise with the team and was there representing the writers and content side. He hadn’t finished his work when he left and was tracked down to complete that or at least turn over the info so it could be still be useable. So, not sure if it was in studio things but I know Disneyland and cruise vids would have still had him and would still be useable content.

In theory yes, in reality, that rarely happens

Common sense applies here. Anyone going to Magic Kingdom dozens of times a year and making TikTok videos can absolutely stand in line. Please elaborate otherwise.

But yes, DAS passes can be better than Fast Passes/Lightning Lanes as you are confined to the standby line times, not the rules of LL. If I get an LL for a popular ride, my window to ride it could be 5 hours out. That requires me to wait 120 minutes before making another LL reservation. With DAS, if there’s a 40 minute standby, one could get the pass and do something else. They can do this at three different attractions with 40 minute waits by redeeming one after the other in the same time a person paying for Genie+ would only be able to reserve one Lightning Lane.

JL got fired for stealing but I heard she didn’t really steal anything. Pete accidentally gave her money that was supposed to go to someone else and she spent the money. Then it was questionable about if she should’ve questioned the xtra money.

Shaun (the first one) got fired because he wouldn’t use his time to hang out with Pete so Pete felt like He didn’t really care about the company.

Shaun (the second One) got proposed to by Pete at least three times and keeps turning him down

Dustin wasn’t gay but did date Pete. It’s unknown if he was experimenting or if it was forced to keep his job. Dustin is the one who ended it and left and Pete held him to his non-compete so he couldn’t get work in his field so he moved away.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.