Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JaqAndGus

I have been asked in other posts if I truly thought the stories I heard could be true. I attempted to be proactive and explain why I did think what I heard (but did not reveal) could be true and pointed to something else that was twisted and could be verified by public document
Well I thank you JL for the thoughtful reply. And I do want to be gentle in light of the impact to you as well. I think I see where you and I may be disagreeing on the connection of the two events. I don’t see a connection between proving a story you heard while employed is any more or less likely to be true by proving a story about Pete’s father with public documents. The latter has lead us to revealing details about past alleged victims from long ago.

I don’t think Pete honoring his parents, (even if they were terrible humans as it appears), necessarily proves anything one way or the other about Pete or his personality. Parent relationships are deeply complicated.

To step away from real lives to a made up example, let’s say Jane provides end of life care for her parents, perhaps an alcoholic and abusive father. She may arrange for military honors at his funeral. She may publicly give a eulogy. It’s not wrong or right, it’s just what Jane has decided to do. It doesn’t mean Jane will ever be her parents or that she is narcissistic for honoring them.

I know a woman whose abusive father disappeared when she was a very small child. She had no contact for 30 plus years. He reached out as his health was failing a few years ago to make amends before his death. It would have been valid for her to either reject or accept his offer. She accepted, while her sibling ultimately decided to reject it and continued to have no contact. They were both valid in their decision. She mourned him after his death with tributes but I don’t fault her, I recognize her feelings about it are complicated.

All this to say, I don’t fault Pete for caring for his elderly mother regardless of whatever person she was. While a lot has been revealed about Pete that is disturbing, caring and honoring an elderly parent to me is something we see in many situations. I agree a site dedication to his father is gross. But I am not sure how much it moves the needle for me on what I already thought about Pete. His father is not an excuse or explanation to me. I do not have sympathy for Pete but I don’t think less of Pete either. It’s more horribleness but reflects the actions of a different person.

The parents you get are the biggest crap shoot of this life. It’s not fair, it just is what it is.

If the point is to share or illuminate Pete’s own personality issues, ego or behavior or treatment of others, there has to be a more direct route than a story about his parents’ actions.

This route exposes the trauma of others from very long ago who have chosen not to participate here. While there is public records, the alleged abuser has been dead for a VERY long time and they went through the court process and jail time long before that. It would seem they should be able to assume their story is long buried unless they chose to bring it up. It’s wild some see it as a free for all forever and forever because it was printed in a newspaper decades ago. So forever and forever people on a platform not yet even conceived, could bring up Dustin was a victim? I mean I guess yes that is true. But man, how crappy for victims when you have longed moved on.

The direct experiences about Pete and his actions from current and former staff hold FAR more weight to me than if his parents were terrible humans.

Thank you for your candidness and showing ip here. I do appreciate you being here while some take the luxury of continuing to be silent.

This conversation is very complicated and I do recognize it’s difficult when the stories are all over meshed together.

Reactions: 2

ItsDeLiCiOuS

What did he say? I went to his FB, but didn't see anything. I saw him eating gingerbread recently, also an Epcot video.
In the comments someone said they hope he might come back to DisUnlimted and he said he would never.
Also, looks like he’s probably on Ozempic.

• Wow

Rufuscat

I know for fact some of them want you guys to have the information you are getting, and I'm trying to give an honest take on the many layers of this horror story for their sake as well as those of us who aren't there anymore.
On the DIS Boards there are people who are referencing you and your struggle, but in a very oblique way so not to be censored. The comments are being read by the moderators yet they stay as they document the shit that they have suffered. I don't expect John ever looks at the boards so it goes under his radar.

exdisfan

I wonder if instead of being back on the media list they're buying out the podcast/vlogging side of the DIS? Or however that business stuff works.
I think this is a pretty reasonable guess. If you’re being bought out, why rush to get a product to market that’ll probably get overhauled anyway?

ProfessorFate

VIP Member
It looks like records are only kept for 50 years from the year of indictment. Since he died in 2001, I would not be surprised if the over 50 years have already passed. I don't think there is going to be an answer here in the positve or negative.
2001 was 22 years ago...

bten1989

VIP Member
Corey’s a BMX bike builder for the stars now. He seems pretty content putting together gold bikes for Rick Ross to take one picture of and put it aside rather than come up with creative new content ideas.

RescueRanger

As scummy as Pete is, when he left he took the Dis with him. It’s over.
Yes! As much as I wanted the DIS to continue without Pete, it’s just not going to happen. Perhaps it’s for the best. Whatever he built off the backs of his employees will be gone.

Murray9000

VIP Member
Guys it's been a while since I've been heavily involved in this thread (the DIS people bore the shit out of me anymore), but I had a question and thought you all would be able to give me some honest answers...

I met this lovely woman at Publix who was working at the Aprons counter and thought I HAVE to invite her over for Christmas. What do you all think?
I heard they're pretty selective when it comes to the holidays. I wouldn't wait any longer. Something better might come along for her. I would have an expensive prime rib roast and about 6 bottles of Dom in my shopping cart to try and convince her.

• Haha

Rufuscat

It seems like whatever happened was extremely serious in nature, but unable to be verified. People probably don’t want any legal push back! I’m sure if anyone is able to verify info, they will share it. Makes sense to play it safe.
You can't defame a dead person under common law.

Charm

Chatty Member
It always seemed like a horrible financial expenditure. I think I remember them saying that she makes and sends out gift bags or something but really how does this make any financial sense for the company? I think they employed a few people to staff it plus the overhead of having a space there. So strange.
I go to that area fairly often because we're in seeing some of the more unique rocket launches. The Dis location appears to be just a spot to rent for an address. It is near the cruise terminal, and you can visit, but it's just a random, small, strip mall. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to have anything lavish, but I think they were mostly just wanting a physical address at their exposal

Just a reminder that it isn't DOXing if all you are doing is using publicly available information. That includes all public records that are obtainable, even if there is a fee required, and all news or journal postings even if they require registration or are behind a paywall.
I’m not talking about publicly available info (and even publically available info doesn’t include names of victims of crimes like these.) I am NOT talking about Pete’s father.

JL gave a name and described a “dark and twisted betrayal“ that she said was non verifiable. Any longtime listener knows the name of the person’s offspring she described. She’s not giving details but referring to some story horrific enough that just hearing it now becomes part of her story. Yes, fine, it’s all allowed per the rules of this forum. But I’m putting myself in the shoes of that potential victim’s mother and thinking of how she would feel that this name has been introduced into the conversation. That isn’t heroic on any level.

LobCheapek

Chatty Member
I feel like 2 scenarios were tossed over the fence and most people only caught one…
Then by all means please point out with quotes what 2 scenarios you’re taking issue with the rest of us missed. Choosing to be overly vague here without “receipts” is causing more confusion. I feel JL has addressed it, but if you feel she has not, then let’s be direct here.

JL has only told us the bigger pieces of her story. Of course there have to be smaller pieces that she hasn’t shared or has only alluded to once or twice.

DISbored

Chatty Member
I’d like to make sure and clear up anything about Jodi Benson. She’s very nice and is not ‘friends with the dis. She was hired (and paid a lot more than you’d think) for each of her appearances. It was strictly contractual for a client that hired her often.
She got her bag and I highly doubt they could afford her now nor have enough to celebrate to throw anything but a funeral.
It says $50,000 - $100,000 to book her to sing. 🧜‍♀️

• Wow