The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having avoided catching the "C" for two years my selfish housemate has infected all of us.
I'm trying not to effect my mental health but it is truly awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
What time is it due to start?
Don’t leave yet. You’ve done the hard part by even getting there ❤
I waited about 15 minutes until after it was due to start before I left and didn’t see anyone looking like they were on their way there on my way out. The campus is quite close to a shopping centre so I’ve got myself bubble tea and am going to hang here for a bit so it’s not a completely wasted journey. Plus it meant I could return my library books!
It’s fine, I was just feeling a bit anxious standing there all on my own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Starting a new job next Thursday and I’m in such a low rut... Really hoping it breaks a bit before then.

I’m trying to keep a sleep routine and sit outside in the sun as much as possible but I just feel like I’m sinking constantly.

does anyone else just dream of winning the lotto and living a simple life forever 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Starting a new job next Thursday and I’m in such a low rut... Really hoping it breaks a bit before then.

I’m trying to keep a sleep routine and sit outside in the sun as much as possible but I just feel like I’m sinking constantly.

does anyone else just dream of winning the lotto and living a simple life forever 😇
Exactly the same I'm starting new job on Monday and dreading how I'll feel. Good luck for Thursday 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hope it is ok to post here. You said it was open to all with MH issues.

I did suffer with depression after a really awful bout of cluster headaches which together caused me to leave work permanently and isolate myself from everything.

However, my LT issues surround eating and excessive exercise but the ED thread is really triggering and makes me want to restrict. I just want to echo those of you who say that we don’t feel worth the money to heal. We were going to spend it, but then the energy crisis hit and we can’t. I am in an endless loop of shame. I know the only way to mend is through therapy. I cannot do this alone. Is the rest of life going to be filled with constant internal arguments?

Sorry for a slight derail. Please let me know if you want me to hightail it to another thread.
Hi I just wanted to say the internal battles and loops that go around in our heads is a constant issue for me. I don’t have a ED but I do have OCD and once my brain latches onto an ‘obsession’ the compulsive side to ruminate goes over and over and over in my mind. My guess is (and I have no experience so please don’t me offended) like with an ED it’s and obsessive compulsive cycle that you are trying to break? Does that sound right?
I know on the NHS you can self refer for therapy now? Would this help you?
Have you had help before? What actions helped you in the past.
There is always hope. There can be good days and bad days but you will and can get through this.
I hope my post makes sense x

• Heart
Exactly the same I'm starting new job on Monday and dreading how I'll feel. Good luck for Thursday 🥰
No way! Good luck, I will be thinking of you on Monday. Let us know how it goes.

it’s so tough being the new person, such pressure to put yourself out there and be chatty and get to know everyone. I know I’m going to be exhausted!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi I just wanted to say the internal battles and loops that go around in our heads is a constant issue for me. I don’t have a ED but I do have OCD and once my brain latches onto an ‘obsession’ the compulsive side to ruminate goes over and over and over in my mind. My guess is (and I have no experience so please don’t me offended) like with an ED it’s and obsessive compulsive cycle that you are trying to break? Does that sound right?
I know on the NHS you can self refer for therapy now? Would this help you?
Have you had help before? What actions helped you in the past.
There is always hope. There can be good days and bad days but you will and can get through this.
I hope my post makes sense x
Thank you for this. Not had help. It has taken me a while to admit my problem and being in Psychology I thought I could deal with it myself.

The days are getting better. The problem is, having worked with students who were really at the knife edge, I don’t want to take resources away when I feel that if I work hard enough on my own I can get through it.

Thanks for your thoughts though- having OCD must be so hard, with everyone and their wife latching onto the term ❤.

@LennyBriscoe hope you are ok. Mrs T surprised me with the Dr Julie book. Am starting it at the weekend. How are you getting on?

Good luck with everyone starting something new.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for this. Not had help. It has taken me a while to admit my problem and being in Psychology I thought I could deal with it myself.

The days are getting better. The problem is, having worked with students who were really at the knife edge, I don’t want to take resources away when I feel that if I work hard enough on my own I can get through it.

Thanks for your thoughts though- having OCD must be so hard, with everyone and their wife latching onto the term ❤.

@LennyBriscoe hope you are ok. Mrs T surprised me with the Dr Julie book. Am starting it at the weekend. How are you getting on?

Good luck with everyone starting something new.
Aw that’s fantastic!! I really hope it helps ❤ I haven’t read any more 😔. I do spend a fair bit of time on Tattle but that’s easier to skim read when my son is going from room to room! I’m hoping to have some time to myself on Saturday so I’m going to read some more when I can get properly into it.

I’ve been feeling a bit better this week, feeling less despairing than I was so that could be the increase in tablets. I’m still a bit frightened how close I am to feeling like it’s a nightmare all the time, if that makes sense. Work was a bit overwhelming yesterday and within about 3 minutes of logging on, I was about to phone the Doctor to be signed off - a real feeling of “I can’t do this”.

I understand about not wanting to take away resources from other people. But what about you? You may feel like you’re not at the same place as them but that shouldn’t mean that you have to put up with how things are for you. It’s a caring and empathetic position but putting everything on your shoulders in terms of feeling better might lead to feelings of failure. And that would be a real shame. You deserve happiness and you deserve whatever help you need to get there ❤

• Heart
Hi all! I used to post here a lot before creating a new account (as Raymond), just found this new thread. I was wondering whether anyone on here also has body image issues. I’ve been thinking of creating a support thread for people with such issues but not sure if anyone would participate. I do have depression too but I don’t really want to derail this thread with body image talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi all! I used to post here a lot before creating a new account (as Raymond), just found this new thread. I was wondering whether anyone on here also has body image issues. I’ve been thinking of creating a support thread for people with such issues but not sure if anyone would participate. I do have depression too but I don’t really want to derail this thread with body image talk.
Hey there Agent C, I remember you from your old account, it’s good to see you.

I do have body image issues, and I’m sorry you do too, it’s hard.

I think it’s a great idea to make a separate thread. Sadly I think there’s a lot of people that can relate. I know we can’t control these things, but I think the safest way for a thread like that to work is if no-one mentions numbers or specifics. Which might be easier said than done, but I think it is possible, and it‘s such an important conversation to have.

I hope you’re doing ok x

• Heart
Just wanted to do a Sunday night check in to remind us all that we’re stronger than we give ourselves credit for and I hope you all have a good week.

@Rodneytrotter and @newaccount2022 - good luck in your new jobs! Can’t believe you’re moving in from Trotters International Trading Rodders!

@Into_the_tunnel I’ve seen bigger sparks of your wit in this weekends posts, you’ve had me hooting. As have you @Sideboard Bob. I don’t know about anyone else but when I see posters here on other threads, I feel a bit ‘safer’. Sounds a bit naff actually, I don’t think I’m explaining it well at all! I feel comfortable sharing here and just because I join in other threads, it doesn’t mean everything is great and you lovely people get that ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just wanted to do a Sunday night check in to remind us all that we’re stronger than we give ourselves credit for and I hope you all have a good week.

@Rodneytrotter and @newaccount2022 - good luck in your new jobs! Can’t believe you’re moving in from Trotters International Trading Rodders!

@Into_the_tunnel I’ve seen bigger sparks of your wit in this weekends posts, you’ve had me hooting. As have you @Sideboard Bob. I don’t know about anyone else but when I see posters here on other threads, I feel a bit ‘safer’. Sounds a bit naff actually, I don’t think I’m explaining it well at all! I feel comfortable sharing here and just because I join in other threads, it doesn’t mean everything is great and you lovely people get that ❤
You are so lovely @LennyBriscoe I hope you’re doing as ok as can be? And you’re so right! People don‘t understand that just getting through everyday things can be so hard with depression, it takes a lot of strength, but we forget we have that.

Aww, I’m genuinely flattered to make someone with such a good sense of humour laugh!

I know exactly what you mean about the threads ❤

• Heart
Just discovered this thread and wanted to drop in and say hi and send my support to you all! 🧡 It's nice to know that a thread like this exists on Tattle Life. I myself struggle a lot with depression and anxiety. Mine moreso comes with a lack of direction and purpose in my life right now, things have been difficult for me since I graduated college, but it's been especially difficult since I had graduated during the middle of the pandemic.

I don't have experience at all with medication, I coped in college by going to a therapist and now I mostly rely on CBT. I've also been thinking of implementing mindfulness more into my daily life.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Good luck for today Rodneytrotter ...... am sure you'll be fine. Take your time to suss out people. Often the instantly friendly are the gossips and the difficult to get to know are the nicest. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Good luck for today Rodneytrotter ...... am sure you'll be fine. Take your time to suss out people. Often the instantly friendly are the gossips and the difficult to get to know are the nicest. xx
Thanks so much ❤❤

I've had a night of panic attacks and no sleep so now have to do my first day absolutely shattered.

• Sad
  • Heart
You are so lovely @LennyBriscoe I hope you’re doing as ok as can be? And you’re so right! People don‘t understand that just getting through everyday things can be so hard with depression, it takes a lot of strength, but we forget we have that.

Aww, I’m genuinely flattered to make someone with such a good sense of humour laugh!

I know exactly what you mean about the threads ❤
Bob, you always make me laugh! We have very similar humour. I often overthink my posts to the nth degree or I’ll spam with loads of posts (Jack Monroe gives us lots to work with, let’s be honest)

I’m doing ok thanks. I’ve had a pretty good weekend. I had some time to myself on Saturday but had a cat nap rather than reading my book. It wasn’t a total waste of time but something else to beat myself up about 😩 ❤

• Heart
Thanks so much ❤❤

I've had a night of panic attacks and no sleep so now have to do my first day absolutely shattered.
thinking of you this morning!! 💖 if you’re nervous just remember you’re not alone, we’re all in this together and you have this thread to come home too! Time marches on no matter what so the day will end and it’ll be 5pm before you know it

• Heart
Thanks so much ❤❤

So sorry, that sounds just horrible. Not sleeping ruins the day but am hoping you'll be so exhausted tonight you'll sleep like a log. The first day is always the worst, but by the end of the week I hope you'll be feeling more settled. Just fake it until you make it.

@Rodneytrotter hoping your day is going OK. More than half way over now!

Once when I was panicking about sleeping well before an exam, I googled extensively and read that a night of sleeplessness mainly affects things like motor skills rather than cognitive skills - the example given was that you’d be more likely to drop a plate or mug or something, but you’d still remember things you’d learned and be able to recall things from your memory. Things that might be less optimum were the physical things we do on autopilot, like putting shoes on, brushing teeth etc.

So hopefully that will set you in good stead for your first day, even if your role is more physical than knowledge-based, as presumably day one anywhere is about meeting people and learning where the loos kinda thing, are etc. Anyway, just wanted to share in case it helps ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.