The Daily Mail

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s ridiculous how little coverage they have given the man who self immolated outside the Israel embassy in DC. A serving US solider sets himself on fire in the capital of the world’s biggest superpower and it’s basically crickets.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It’s ridiculous how little coverage they have given the man who self immolated outside the Israel embassy in DC. A serving US solider sets himself on fire in the capital of the world’s biggest superpower and it’s basically crickets.
I've just googled it. It is too horrifying for words.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It feels like most of the articles these days are a copy and paste from another source with AI used to change things to make it not legally a copy and paste. Usually there's one or two sentences with the meat and the rest is padding.

They're almost always not the first for details, but they get credited as the first and good for detail because they're very good at scraping thousands of other sites for details (including tattle) then repurposing it. The huge volume of "articles" are cheap as chips to churn out and it gets the interest as it's kept fresh. The guardian are guilty of this too, but to a lesser extent.

Reactions: 6
It feels like most of the articles these days are a copy and paste from another source with AI used to change things to make it not legally a copy and paste. Usually there's one or two sentences with the meat and the rest is padding.

They're almost always not the first for details, but they get credited as the first and good for detail because they're very good at scraping thousands of other sites for details (including tattle) then repurposing it. The huge volume of "articles" are cheap as chips to churn out and it gets the interest as it's kept fresh. The guardian are guilty of this too, but to a lesser extent.
The other day they had an 'Exclusive' about the guy who said he had been racially profiled in Hobbycraft. They literally just lifted off twitter. It had been on there all morning before it made the DM.

Earlier I read a Daily Mail article about how an outdoor wedding was interrupted by a mooing cow. Here's an extract:

Moment cow objects to couple getting married by mooing as they say their vows
  • Harry and Amy Millard's Somerset wedding was rudely interrupted by the cow
  • The brazen cow didn't only 'object' once - the farm animal did it TWICE

Not only is it far from newsworthy, but the wedding took place in the summer, so why it's been published now in February is anyone's guess. I thought it summed up the general quality of the DM's journalism. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But why is it? It's an American, in America protesting about Israel. It got a mention but why should it have been anymore than that? The DM's priority is UK news.

Reactions: 3
But why is it? It's an American, in America protesting about Israel. It got a mention but why should it have been anymore than that? The DM's priority is UK news.
Like I said he was a serving member of the biggest military in the world, who set himself on fire and filmed it, in the capital city of the world’s biggest superpower.
It’s not just local American news - it’s a massive political statement whether you agree with it or not.
The newspaper version may have UK news as their priority but this is still a big story. There was little coverage on their online website which is one of the most viewed English speaking newspapers globally.

And 'flaunting' when the person is just going about their daily life.
I hate the phrase ‘commands attention’ when the celeb in questions is usually wearing something outrageous or risqué!

Reactions: 4
The mail+ articles are annoying but I find this works
Just copy and paste the URL and it removes the paywall
Thanks. Can't believe it's taken this many posts for a current workaround tbh.
As I said prior. Loads of people on here read it. Check out how many links there are from the DM on Tattle. Loads of people joined here because they found out about Tattle from the DM comments-me included.
It's the levels of denial on here about it that vexes me slightly.

Reactions: 6
I use apkmirror website to download an older version of the DM app since all the current updates screwed it up. I think I've got an early 2023 version now. No adverts, no popup videos, and all the exclusive articles are available.

Reactions: 5
Thing is though.. I’m noticing a few of their articles now look very AI. I wouldn’t have paid for mail plus anyway, but even less likely now they’ve all just been written by bots to have the main news? I can get that elsewhere 🤔

Reactions: 2
I use apkmirror website to download an older version of the DM app since all the current updates screwed it up. I think I've got an early 2023 version now. No adverts, no popup videos, and all the exclusive articles are available.
I’ve had a quick look at this - is it just for Android?

This is behind the paywall and no one's bothered- it's got no comments. I archived it and it's fairly juicy- it would have got thousands of comments in the old days. I guess the DM are under pressure for traffic and clicks only, so people click on it and even if they can't read the site will still get revenue

Attachments

You can also comment on M+ articles without needing to pay for them so most people are just reading the headlines and commenting.

Reactions: 1