The Daily Mail

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love having a nose on that site for a bit of celeb gossip but this article has to be the most pointless thing ever written? Very bitchy and borderline trolling. Whoever wrote it needs to hang their heads and hand in their notice

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It never ceases to amaze me how badly written and poorly researched some of their online articles are. I know my grammar and spelling isn’t always perfect, but I‘d expect it of a journalist.

Reactions: 13
When I was studying Fashion Journalism I was an intern for a week at the DM. The Mail HQ offices are out of this world. The HQ offices were like a mini-city as it has a huge entrance and glass windows/offices around and you can see a glass elevator moving up and down. Oh my god, the catering was sooo good as it has a huge kitchen where you can always order food and a mini costa cafe. That was the best part for me - the catering.
I was working for the Femail part and was working directly with the Femail editor. For that week I was on a photoshoot with some soap stars (don't ask me who as I can't remember!) and did lots and lots of research online for various fashion trends. For the most part, it was quite a quiet week and I had my own office (ok so it was a little cubby hole but it was made into an office). The one thing that struck me while there, was how nobody really took any notice of the website or really wanted to comment on it. I never worked on the website, I was just the extra hand to do research and iron clothes or get coffees. Everyone was friendly to me. The intern was part of my uni course so I didn't get paid obviously. I'll try and dig out a photo I took of a behind the scene look at the photoshoot I was working on. This was also 10-11 years ago so things might have changed.

Reactions: 13
I remember reading an article about how Princess Charlotte would look on her first day of school. They got an image of her face and photoshopped it with the girls uniform of her current school.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I like it for the US news as there's always drama going on over there. But the constant spelling and grammar mistakes are shocking. As a child it was seen as a big deal to be a journalist, up there amongst jobs like a doctor, solicitor etc. But I feel that is not the case nowadays. I prefer Tattle for a good read and write up.

Reactions: 5
Kate has done what my pet hate is with the Daily Mail. If you don't want people to comment on something don't put up a post or news story about it. I have a big dislike for things where commenting is disabled or limited. Stand by what you post and allow feedback.

Does anyone know what's up with the comments section for the Mail online? In the past few months it regularly will say there are numerous comments on an article, but only a few show in the sidebar, or none at all. It's not a question of adblockers on the web version, as it's the same on the app.

Does anyone know what's up with the comments section for the Mail online? In the past few months it regularly will say there are numerous comments on an article, but only a few show in the sidebar, or none at all. It's not a question of adblockers on the web version, as it's the same on the app.
I reckon it’s when they have had a lot of unmoderated comments but have curated them and only allowed a couple to be published. Or it exaggerates the number of comments to make you click on it to see them.

Reactions: 1
This is going to make me sound like a snob but I despise the Daily Mail and refuse to click on links. It’s a vicious, misogynistic rag whose only purpose appears to be whipping up hatred against minorities and creepy celeb papping.

Reactions: 17
It's been a guilty pleasure of mine since childhood as both my parents read it.
Some academic research of newspaper reading habits conducted in the 90's suggest personal news paper choices are influenced by parents reading habits. I don't know if it's valid but it was/has been in my case. I also read the Times as they did.
I go straight to comments. Rarely even read the articles.
I've had people call me a fascist or dodgy for reading it. Had arguments about it with freinds. They started them not me. I don't give a tit what other papers people read. Unless it's the Volkischer Beobachter.
It's reductive and juvenile thinking all mail readers are dodgy. Just like any generalisations. It's always lazy thinking.
Tattle owes DM and DM owes Tattle by my reckoning. I found out about here from there tbh. I suspect quite a few have.

I rarely go on there these days. Got fed up of those silly articles that were about something that had been posted on mumsnet/Reddit and was probably made up anyway 😴

If I want gossip about celebs I will look on here

Reactions: 3
It's my guilty pleasure too but I do read other papers for balance and depth and never take anything I read in any paper at face value. All the rags regurgitate the same trivia and nowadays mine social media for content, but the Mail has developed a website and app that is easy to navigate and constantly updates, and on my settings I don't get ads or pop-up videos, so I do prefer it to some others. It's fairly easy to skim past all the Kardashian type garbage and obvious clickbait. The non-showing of comments seems to be a recent thing and is really annoying though.

The Sun used to be the most odious newspaper in this country but the Daily Mail beats it by a country mile now. It is the mouthpiece of the vilest of the Tory Party politics but seems to get a free post by many because it is supposed to speak to and for “Middle England”. Thank God for James O’Brien, one of the few who regularly calls it out for what it is.

Reactions: 2
I just use it to keep up to date with what’s happening in the showbiz world. Rarely will read the main page except for like the top 3 stories. I think it’s a grand resource for a bit of goss, as long as you don’t take any of it that seriously it’s fine

In regards to comments not showing I think like Changuito said they're in a moderation queue type thing.

One KP article there were 15 comments for hours then it jumped to 4k plus.

Tabloids are just part of the media feedback loop as is Tattle. It's self perpetuating.

Why is everything behind mail plus these days?! End of an era :)

Reactions: 9