The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the last episode was a little rushed, I would have loved to see just a little more in between C&C and W&K overall pure enjoyment
I would have liked the Diana stuff condensed over fewer episodes and more focus on the later years; or perhaps a further two episodes.

Reactions: 12
I thought the first four episodes were soapy, but it got a lot better - the Ritz episode in particular was wonderfully done and very moving. Lesley Manville is such a good actor. And Imelda Staunton has that pursing of the lips down perfectly.

Reactions: 14
1. duck me they’re really going for Harry being a twit. It’s hilarious.

2. William is VERY golden child-y which is interesting.

3. the ritz episode was beautiful

4. it all feels very rushed. I could have done with less of the Diana episodes and more of this

5. Carole Mid isn’t coming across well is she?

Note the large black and white picture of Naomi Campbell on Prince William's boarding house room wall at school, Episode 5? Princess Diana had taken note of pictures he'd kept of Naomi and Cindy Crawford and surprised him with a visit from both at an earlier birthday he'd had when going to see his Mother at her Kensington Palace apartment!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I thought the first four episodes were soapy, but it got a lot better - the Ritz episode in particular was wonderfully done and very moving. Lesley Manville is such a good actor. And Imelda Staunton has that pursing of the lips down perfectly.
Im not an emotional person at all, but I cried during the end of that episode. Lesley Manville is one of my favourite actresses of all time. She just exudes charisma and really captivates you. It was such a beautiful way to end the episode on and Margaret’s story arc. Margaret is a difficult person to feel sorry for so it’s a testament to Lesley and HBC that I really liked the character.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Note the large black and white picture of Naomi Campbell on Prince William's boarding house room wall at school, Episode 5? Princess Diana had taken note of pictures he'd kept of Naomi and Cindy Crawford and surprised him with a visit from both at an earlier birthday he'd had when going to see his Mother at her Kensington Palace apartment!
How come that obviously private occasion is out there in the public domain, not querying what you say I’ve seen that reference myself.
If I ask George Clooney to visit me at home do we think he’ll come.🤫

Reactions: 1
I think it was too Diana focussed and wish that was a spin off.
I thought bringing the 2 previous Queens back was a nice touch.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The ending of the last episode was so powerful, all I could think about was Emma the pony during her funeral 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
1. duck me they’re really going for Harry being a twit. It’s hilarious.

2. William is VERY golden child-y which is interesting.

3. the ritz episode was beautiful

4. it all feels very rushed. I could have done with less of the Diana episodes and more of this

5. Carole Mid isn’t coming across well is she?
1. Harry the twit. In the scene of William's press conference before leaving Eton, Harry keeps making terrible jokes from the wings, while the PR fella who was working on Camilla's image is glaring at him in exasperation. Now I finished the series last night with some nice wine, but I don't think that PR fella showed up anywhere else in S6 P2, and it'd be kind of hilarious if his entire role is "glaring at His Royal Twatness Prince Harry."

Reactions: 3
I get the rumours about Kate following Will to St Andrew’s and I like the theory but bloody Nora they’ve thrown Mrs Middleton well and truly under the bus haven’t they? Could have been a bit more subtle. Conversely Charles has had a laughably favourable portrayal

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I get the rumours about Kate following Will to St Andrew’s and I like the theory but bloody Nora they’ve thrown Mrs Middleton well and truly under the bus haven’t they? Could have been a bit more subtle. Conversely Charles has had a laughably favourable portrayal
They’ve turned her into a right schemer haven’t they? Very controversial considering I don’t think anything was ever confirmed? 😂 Agree re. Charles. He appears to be a cantankerous git at times, Dominic West played him too nice imo.

I’ve just finished the final episode and it had me welling up. I thought it was a poignant ending and “Sleep Dearie Sleep” on the pipes always makes me emotional.

Reactions: 8
I think the Diana episode were fine.

They could of put the King Tony episode in the bin though

Reactions: 6
Im not an emotional person at all, but I cried during the end of that episode. Lesley Manville is one of my favourite actresses of all time. She just exudes charisma and really captivates you. It was such a beautiful way to end the episode on and Margaret’s story arc. Margaret is a difficult person to feel sorry for so it’s a testament to Lesley and HBC that I really liked the character.
Lesley Manville is exceptional. She starred in a couple of Mike Leigh films and was absolutely incredible in both. Love her.

Reactions: 7
I've actually enjoyed this series, the ritz episode was lovely I knew lesley manville was a really good actress but she was amazing as Margaret in that episode and the ending to the series was very well done it actually made me cry 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm coming to the end of series 3 and duck me it's been a hard watch. I found myself on my phone for some of it because it had lost my focus. Series 1 and 2 were magnificent!
Claire Foy and Matt Smith were marvellous in their roles.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I finished it last night. I have enjoyed the William and Kate scenes, and of course Margaret’s episode.
I loved the scene with William and Harry, with them talking about William II being murdered by his brother Henry. Ouch, that was a cringeworthy moment.
Harry has been portrayed in an almost entirely negative light, which I really don’t think is true of the time. Harry (pre Meghan) was charismatic, cheeky and endearing. I don’t see that this came across on the Crown at all. Netflix must have been pretty pissed off with Prince Harry 🙊