The Crown - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished it last night. I have enjoyed the William and Kate scenes, and of course Margaret’s episode.
I loved the scene with William and Harry, with them talking about William II being murdered by his brother Henry. Ouch, that was a cringeworthy moment.
Harry has been portrayed in an almost entirely negative light, which I really don’t think is true of the time. Harry (pre Meghan) was charismatic, cheeky and endearing. I don’t see that this came across on the Crown at all. Netflix must have been pretty pissed off with Prince Harry 🙊
having ready Spare… my first thought was that there’s no way that the real Prince Harry had a clue who William II was lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I finished it last night. I have enjoyed the William and Kate scenes, and of course Margaret’s episode.
I loved the scene with William and Harry, with them talking about William II being murdered by his brother Henry. Ouch, that was a cringeworthy moment.
Harry has been portrayed in an almost entirely negative light, which I really don’t think is true of the time. Harry (pre Meghan) was charismatic, cheeky and endearing. I don’t see that this came across on the Crown at all. Netflix must have been pretty pissed off with Prince Harry 🙊
Oh I think it was. This was pre the army, pre his rehabilitation in his public image. Then he was a bit of a party going posh toff.

He wasn't the loveable cheeky chappy he became after his army days.

Reactions: 7
I wish they didn't focus so much diana for the first half, I know there was alot to unpack but equally alot to unpack for the 2nd half.

Reactions: 7
I wish they didn't focus so much diana for the first half, I know there was alot to unpack but equally alot to unpack for the 2nd half.
Yeah and they skipped all of Andrew and fergie which was a lot too

They also skipped princess Anne's kidnapping in the 70s which is crucial character development. And with the actress they had it would have been brilliant.

The also ignored Prince Edward completely. You had his career struggles and then him an Sophie meeting in the 90s and the early scandals with her.

They also could have done something about Catherine's press issues too when she met William.

Reactions: 8
Oh I think it was. This was pre the army, pre his rehabilitation in his public image. Then he was a bit of a party going posh toff.

He wasn't the loveable cheeky chappy he became after his army days.
You’re probably right, I was too young to remember teenage Harry.

Reactions: 1
Yeah and they skipped all of Andrew and fergie which was a lot too

They also skipped princess Anne's kidnapping in the 70s which is crucial character development. And with the actress they had it would have been brilliant.

The also ignored Prince Edward completely. You had his career struggles and then him an Sophie meeting in the 90s and the early scandals with her.

They also could have done something about Catherine's press issues too when she met William.
Yes!! I do wish they focused on a little more of William and Kate.

The first few episodes seemed long and drawn out and the 2nd half seemed rushed, trying to pack alot in and missing out on so much more too.

I still can't get over the Queen Mother, she looked nothing remotely like the Queen Mother

Reactions: 12
Yes!! I do wish they focused on a little more of William and Kate.

The first few episodes seemed long and drawn out and the 2nd half seemed rushed, trying to pack alot in and missing out on so much more too.

I still can't get over the Queen Mother, she looked nothing remotely like the Queen Mother
I can get passed the looks, it was more the silly doddery characterisation. The queen mum had a lot of experience and still a sharp humour. Yes she was remote from the real world, but she wasn't a silly old lady

Reactions: 5
I was sorry that It's A Royal Knockout didn't get an episode. Though I suppose all the EXPOSITION! that bogged down the dialogue was cringe enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gillan Anderson often sounds like she's straining for a huge and painful tit when she's playing Margaret Thatcher.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Watched the last few episodes yesterday. Have to say the Ritz episode was very good, a welcome change from the Diana and William focus. Have to say I found it quite emotional.
Also I thought the ending was lovely, again I was in tears.

I keep meaning to push on and finish this final series, but it’s just not grabbing my interest as much as the earlier seasons. I do want to finish it though. I’m interested to see how they end it.

Reactions: 2
The casting for the last couple of seasons has just been awful, seriously struggling to get through it.

Reactions: 2
I wish they’d ended with Kate and William’s wedding, ushering in a new era. I did enjoy the last episode though and welled up a few times.

I wish they’d ended with Kate and William’s wedding, ushering in a new era. I did enjoy the last episode though and welled up a few times.
I think they chose not to do that because the episode ended on a bit of a reflective note - with Phil and the Queen being a “dying breed”. It didn’t end on an optimistic one, because I don’t think the show runners have much optimism for the monarchy.

as the character pointed out, the institution doesn’t make sense to people outside it, nor inside it. And I think it’s becoming increasingly clear that it’s not really working, with a less than optimistic future. The entire show has been about humanising the people who are dehumanised by the system itself. As the show pointed out, it’s a cruel system to those in it.

ending it in the wedding wouldn’t have done much or offered much - it was a brief highlight moment, not a real glimpse into how the future looks for wills and Kate. In the immediate aftermath of the wedding, neither were spectacularly popular. Kate has consistently been called lazy. Their popularity picked up a bit because of Meghan and Harry, but that’s not sustainable.

I was skepticalmof the show when it first came out years ago, but I’ve since really grown as a fan. It’s not sycophantic drivel, it’s a pretty astute observation and commentary.

Finished it today. I have struggled since Olivia took over, Claire and Matt were so amazing and it’s never been the same since the first two series. Have to say tho, the ending really got me. I wonder if that’s how it was always written, or if they adjusted it as they were still filming when the Queen died? Anyway, it had me 😭😭

• Heart
Finished it today. I have struggled since Olivia took over, Claire and Matt were so amazing and it’s never been the same since the first two series. Have to say tho, the ending really got me. I wonder if that’s how it was always written, or if they adjusted it as they were still filming when the Queen died? Anyway, it had me 😭😭
I think they did adjust it. On this side of the Irish Sea we were impressed with the dignity and grace of your country at the profound loss of QE2. There had to be a nod to that, hence the storyline about the funeral arrangements. It might also be why they split the series in two - too much contrast with the hysteria of Diana's funeral.

Reactions: 6
I think they always planned to end it that way, because it’s consistent with the recurring themes. But the last episode (along with The Ritz) were particularly poignant for me! I welled up at the Ritz episode and I’m not even sure why. Superb acting from Lesley no doubt was a big reason!

Reactions: 1
Finished today too. Those last episodes were fantastic. When she walked past her coffin to the bagpipes. I’m not ashamed to say I was very tearful. The Diana stuff really dragged it down. So lovely to see Claire and Olivia again too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm glad Claire got double the lines that Olivia got.

Camilla received a very favourable portrayal in the later years, Harry won't be happy with that at all. Maybe they shouldn't have made their netflix show boring AF and gave away all the juice to Oprah for free.

The problem with these things is they need to keep churning out the series to keep subscribers once they start. So it's not a huge suprise it was all rather rushed and felt like it needed a fair bit more development.