The Circle and The Celebrity Circle 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The tally “twist” is just boring 😴 like who even cares which one is the real Tally, she’s only been in there 5 minutes, no one gives a tit 😂 I wish they wouldn’t mess with the format. Also why do they allll act so shocked when an alert pops up, like anyone who had seen the show before knows what the alerts are going to say (influencers have to block a player, blocked player is on their way to see someone face to face etc) .. it all seems so over produced and staged x

Reactions: 4
Imagine the reaction though if it was a white person playing an Indian though.
but he's not white so it's not an issue? the photos are his uncle so that's probably actually what he sounds like as he's doing an impersonation of him?

Reactions: 11
My take is that syed is his character, so he speaks with an Indian accent so it translates into his writing 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah and Syed is based on his uncle, so he's pretty much doing an impression of his uncle and how he would talk. I don't see a problem with it, if he was white and putting on an accent then yes.. but he's not so we're all good 😂

Reactions: 11
I think they might block Penny , oh well we have to wait till tomorrow now
I don't think it will be a big loss if Penny is blocked, I keen forgetting about her, the father and daughter playing the character haven't made the character stand out or particularly likeable

Reactions: 5
but he's not white so it's not an issue? the photos are his uncle so that's probably actually what he sounds like as he's doing an impersonation of him?
My point is though that if he WAS white it would suddenly be deeply offensive. Doing a comedy accent should either be offensive or non offensive. It shouldn't change depending on the accent being done and who is doing it. If a white man did a comedy French accent nobody would bat an eyelid. If the same man did a Jamaican one he'd be called a racist. It is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1
My point is though that if he WAS white it would suddenly be deeply offensive. Doing a comedy accent should either be offensive or non offensive. It shouldn't change depending on the accent being done and who is doing it. If a white man did a comedy French accent nobody would bat an eyelid. If the same man did a Jamaican one he'd be called a racist. It is ridiculous.
because if it was a white person doing it it would be racist?

Reactions: 1
The tally “twist” is just boring 😴 like who even cares which one is the real Tally, she’s only been in there 5 minutes, no one gives a tit 😂 I wish they wouldn’t mess with the format. Also why do they allll act so shocked when an alert pops up, like anyone who had seen the show before knows what the alerts are going to say (influencers have to block a player, blocked player is on their way to see someone face to face etc) .. it all seems so over produced and staged x
Is it wrong that I prefer the catfish version of Tally, to the actual person. Blue Tally is trying too hard to be 'laddish', and loud. The catfish is much more likeable

Reactions: 8
They’re all so tactical now, so it wouldn’t surprise me if Syed & Andy are least popular in the next ratings 😂

Hope Penny is blocked. The dad and daughter make me cringe.

Is it wrong that I prefer the catfish version of Tally, to the actual person. Blue Tally is trying too hard to be 'laddish', and loud. The catfish is much more likeable
Oh same, Blue Tally is complaining too much. Orange Tally is much better haha although if they remove Blue Tally then they’ll know Orange Tally is fake. It’s a shame she picked the wrong person to catfish!

Reactions: 2
I had a different take on him doing the accent, before i knew Syed was his Uncle, i was wondering how the older generation Asian men might react, i Know he is Asian himself but that isnt his real accent, so would an older Asian think he was taking the piss, rather than racist would it be a lack of respect to Asian men who were not born here, its interesting to know something like that,

Even though now i know he is doing what i imagine is how his uncle speaks, to be honest i dont really think he needs to keep doing it, and i dont think they should be writing it out the way he speaks either to make the text sound Asian, i think its playing an advantage, the vernacular of an Asian/English is obvious in speech, but in this game he is being a catfish so to write it that way means people just believe it without questioning it, if you were putting on a scouse accent to be a catfish then it wouldnt be written differently so no one could tell the accent in the text.

Also would anyone think someone is catfishing being an older Asian guy, obviously its not going to be a white person doing it, so would you want to offend by questioning "Syed" being a catfish.
It would be the same say if Gino D'acampo was in there as himself, would they keep writing the text in his very broad italian/English accent because if they did it would be taking the piss surely. It a would a be a taking a the a piss a, if its written like that if you know what i mean.

Its got me thinking about fairness of the game now when its not that important :D i think this is what lockdown does to a brain :D

Reactions: 3
Thinking about it though, that Drag artist was doing Kim Woodburns voice and they were writing it out the same, with the luvvie and dears, so he was using it the same way, plus he got found out for overdoing it to the point it didnt sound realistic.

At some stage i think Hashu will make a mistake, somewhere along the line i think he might forget to do the accent and someone will clock that the tone of the text had changed, its hard to keep up the pretence i reckon, so it could get interesting

What’s your favourite mixed gril?
*answers* what’s yours?
Oh I can’t eat one I don’t have a bowel

ok 🤣

im sure not having a bowel is very traumatic but it keeps being his opening line

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.