The Circle and The Celebrity Circle 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually really enjoyed this version! I think the fact that some of them know each other means that things have the potential to get very messy very quickly.

Reactions: 9
How fabulous would it have been if let’s say Gemma Collins for example was actually in there AND there was a catfish of Gemma Collins as well and they had to try convince everyone they were the real one! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
How fabulous would it have been if let’s say Gemma Collins for example was actually in there AND there was a catfish of Gemma Collins as well and they had to try convince everyone they were the real one! 😂
Fuuuuuuck that would be so interesting!!!!!! Lol pitch that to Channel 4!!

Reactions: 8
Do you think the celebrities themselves chose who to catfish? Or do you think the producers had some say in it?

I find it strange Sam and Pete chose Rachel Riley. I genuinely like the real Rachel :ROFLMAO: just found “them” choosing her really random, they’d be better if they’d have chosen someone from TOWIE (gatsby, lockie, joey Essex) or from MIC (spencer matthews, mytton, Jamie Laing) as they’d know more about them and how they speak/convey themselves.

Reactions: 6
Do you think the celebrities themselves chose who to catfish? Or do you think the producers had some say in it?

I find it strange Sam and Pete chose Rachel Riley. I genuinely like the real Rachel :ROFLMAO: just found “them” choosing her really random, they’d be better if they’d have chosen someone from TOWIE (gatsby, lockie, joey Essex) or from MIC (spencer matthews, mytton, Jamie Laing) as they’d know more about them and how they speak/convey themselves.
They choose their own - the 2 lads off Towie and Made in Chelsea ( Sam and Pete) were on Stephs packed Lunch yesterday and said they had chosen Rachel Riley.
Just found this that tells you how they chose who they would be - https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/blog/celebrity-circle
I hope Denise V O does not go out tomorrow - she can be quite funny and would rather see others go first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
They choose their own - the 2 lads off Towie and Made in Chelsea ( Sam and Pete) were on Stephs packed Lunch yesterday and said they had chosen Rachel Riley.
Just found this that tells you how they chose who they would be - https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/blog/celebrity-circle
I hope Denise V O does not go out tomorrow - she can be quite funny and would rather see others go first.
Thanks! Interesting read. Although I still reckon the producers must have had some involvement with the choosing.

Reactions: 3
Thanks! Interesting read. Although I still reckon the producers must have had some involvement with the choosing.
I post on the Nadia Sawahla thread and she said before Christmas she was going on a SM detox for a week (which we guessed correctly she was doing The Circle) but there was no mention of them being other people until last week when she started to do her Mockney accent on her you tube channel and then said they were Gemma C. She would have chosen her as she fancies herself taking the mick out of people.
By the way if you are a fan of her don't go on her forum as we are not. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
Do you think the celebs they are pretending to be had to give their permission?

Reactions: 2
Enjoyed the USA version and the series before they introduced Emma W as a presenter...but this series is unwatchable due to the amount of lenghty adverts. I gave up in the end. Perhaps I'm too used to watching it on Netflix.

Reactions: 3
Enjoyed the USA version and the series before they introduced Emma W as a presenter...but this series is unwatchable due to the amount of lenghty adverts. I gave up in the end. Perhaps I'm too used to watching it on Netflix.
It’s the cancer stories for me, and then the bloody adverts after.
I know they’re doing this for charity but honestly going from a fun atmosphere to this dark thing about cancer is really eh, and then there were adverts after it as well.

Totally agree about the advert breaks! There’s so many it’s like how they do ad breaks in the US, every bleeping five minutes.

The cancer stories are utterly heartbreaking. Cancer is in my family at the moment so I find these awfully triggering and upsetting. However I do hope they raise awareness for people to check themselves. The story of the woman last night, she started by just having an abnormal mole on her leg. Spread all over her body💔

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s the cancer stories for me, and then the bloody adverts after.
I know they’re doing this for charity but honestly going from a fun atmosphere to this dark thing about cancer is really eh, and then there were adverts after it as well.
I watched it on catch up and skipped forward when the stories came on. Sounds horrible but I don’t like sad stuff like that, especially after the crappy/ sad year everyone’s had. Seen too much sad stuff in the last few years.

It’s very good they do Stand up to Cancer though

• Heart
found it weird how Pete said about saffron saying she’s single and he knows it’s a lie because he follows her on instagram! But he doesn’t??

Reactions: 2
As awful as this might make me seem, I'm either going to donate or not donate to SU2C. Honestly the sad stories, like any charity appeal show, doesn't actually change whether I donate or not.

Reactions: 7
Someone pointed out elsewhere that Saffron was lowkey trying to get at the other player's heart strings in the house with the mentions of family and what not, and now I can't help but see her as slightly dishonest. At least the other celebrities are straight up telling the audience what their game plan is, she just doesn't seem to be doing that at all

Also I feel so removed from the current generation of YouTube kids because I have nooo clue who she is or have ever seen her videos, but 8m is a sizable following

Reactions: 4
Someone pointed out elsewhere that Saffron was lowkey trying to get at the other player's heart strings in the house with the mentions of family and what not, and now I can't help but see her as slightly dishonest. At least the other celebrities are straight up telling the audience what their game plan is, she just doesn't seem to be doing that at all

Also I feel so removed from the current generation of YouTube kids because I have nooo clue who she is or have ever seen her videos, but 8m is a sizable following
Don’t worry she hasn’t got 8 million followers at all 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.