The Chateau Diaries #96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SJ calls her Tantine which means aunt or auntie.
Noooo ? Reallly ??

Tantine ? OMG. Tantine sounds so.... old France for the commoners from the 1950's !

Hilarious when you see her posing and playing Grande Dame šŸ˜‚

EDIT : I checked the French dictionary to be sure : Tantine is a term for children and is outdated.

You couldn't make it !!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm ashamed to say that my part of the US (rural South) thinks Covid is over. Y'all sharing what is happening in your countries is so different than here. Most people have gone back to *normal* life. Parties, no masks, stores are packed, concerts etc. etc. A lot of the places I go I'm the only one still wearing a mask. We are going to be very unprepared when another surge hits with the holidays. No cases of Omicron, yet.
i feel this so hard. Our governor has hamstrung local government, mask mandates arenā€™t allowed, it is a hot mess. One of the reasons I am so careful.

@ComtesseRose Any idea of how Crown Princess Mary is doing? I heard she was diagnosed with Covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She's not interested in covid because it's 'not pretty,' Now, if it was, and she could make a toile from it, then we would never hear the end of it.

Well, if that's the case, it's a huge waste of money and good wine. Pearls to swine.
non of these vloggers care about the covid restrictions, just like the uk political class, concern for others clearly does not apply to them.

Reactions: 14
Vote closed. Winner of last night's vote is
THREAD. 47. She's totally delusional. She's spending champagne money on beer ideas! - Countess Pompidoo

THREAD. 47. She's totally delusional. She's spending champagne money on beer ideas! - Countess Pompidoo 17
THREAD 41. So much spent on the icing when the cake isn't even finished - Bleu Lala. 14
THREAD 50, Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant. - Pno

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It does not look like this was a wise distraction for Stephanie Jarvis.

Peggy Vick
10 hours ago
I live in Ohio, USA. I worked for 27 Specialty Doctors. All you need to do for hospital bills is fill out financial aid application. Billions in Gov aide was given to hospitals for COVID patients. You should end up with 0ļøāƒ£ balance. For Doctors: Same, but they may or may not write all off, but they will definitely discount it.

flibbertygibbette
6 minutes ago (edited)
Michael, I am so sorry to hear you need this major surgery. And unfortunately I can't afford to donate right now. However, the good news is that under the Affordable Care Act (the ACA, aka "Obamacare") you should only have to pay a maximum of $8.550 for the year for all medical expenses under your individual insurance plan ($17,100 if you are on a family plan). This is the maximum allowable out of pocket expense per year and includes all procedures, surgeries, medical appointments, medications, etc. It's still a lot, I know, and more than a lot of people have in savings, but it is a lot less than $100k. If they try to bill you more than this, it's illegal and you should refuse to pay more than the out of pocket maximum. A lot of people don't know this. And if you have a high deductible plan, the out of pocket limits are $7,000 for an individual and $14,000 for a family. I hope this information helps. And of course as many donations as you can get would be helpful to cover not just the surgery but also time you are unable to work, etc. Best of luck!

n g
6 minutes ago
This is so sad. Why isn't the Chateau Diaries/Stephanie Jarvis, donating to Michael Bergantino?
Still feels like a scam to me the blurry photo and no real story on the pay pal link no complete name. If you search for images of his name you get the photo from an old Myspace account. It is the same photo (cropping out another younger man) that is used on MB's youtube profile

Reactions: 15
Thank you @ComtesseRose

Phyllis' said, she was immunocompromised, but Phyllis also says he is allergic... :rolleyes:

Iā€™m sorry if that was offensive to you. Iā€™m an Aussie and that is what we say. I had a boyfriend who was a ā€œ******ā€ and he and his support group friends commonly labelled themselves that way. In Australia, we tend to abbreviate everything. Everyoneā€™s name etc. Even our dogs names evolve into terms of endearmentā€ eg: Tinkerbelle is ā€œTinksā€

We are generally more protective and respectful of people living with disabilities. There are anti discrimination laws. Perhaps Iā€™m a bit more precious because my birth family was decimated by a hereditary neurodegenerative disorder. Our 3 young sisters and our brother gone, And I have the family misdiagnosis of MS.

Again, I apologise for any totally unintended offence.

That's rich comming from somebody, who refered to transwomen as "trannies" - just making that point for what it is worth.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Noooo ? Reallly ??

Tantine ? OMG. Tantine sounds so.... old France for the commoners from the 1950's !

Hilarious when you see her posing and playing Grande Dame šŸ˜‚

I checked the French dictionary to be sure : Tantine is a term for children and is outdated.

You couldn't make it !!!
a term of endearment maybe... unlike Mummy dear who apparently calls her fat feet.... doesn't quite have the same feeling to it somehow x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
(more... posh) pronounced Tateeee.
Thanks, I think it was Tatie and she explained it was how she addressed her aunt in case people thought she meant Tatiana. I think she also said that that was what Amaury called Isabelle.

Reactions: 8
Yes it was a very heart warming, feel good atmosphere.. I tried to ignore the silly girlish laughter for no apparent reason which crept in occasionally...I found myself saying out loud 'What are you laughing at'? stop it....but the vlog was nicely put together and Abba is always a great choice to get people up and moving... on the whole I enjoyed it... x
Marie seems to laugh when she is nervous or doesn't know what to say. She feels the need to fill the gap in conversation. It can be annoying but her vlogs are improving and I love me some ABBA too! More fun than a chateau party

Reactions: 12
Loved the Pethericks Tree Decorating vlog. I like Sadie's chateau themed vlogs ,her others I tend to skip. She is great with the dogs and Ernest, who is really cute and charasmatic...maybe he needs a channel too šŸ¤£
I don't fault Sadie for saying she needs to find content. Let's be honest, how many of us would have interesting content on a regular basis?? It's the same thing , just because she lives in a chateau, doesn't necessarily mean she will always have great content to shoot, and if you're trying to make a living at it, means regular vlogs ,then there will be times there's not much to vlog. Unless you start purposely manufacturing it like Stephanie has and we all seem to be on the same page as to how that ends up feeling. I think finding a balance is best .

Of course, MPK has a cottage to finish....so he HAS CONTENT!!!

Reactions: 9
Think you are spot on. Dick is establishment, having learned about this and being executive producer of the show, it would have become untenable to be involved with the Pethericks. Teabag and sister were also working for Dick and Angel at their weddings business. They were let go and Teabag maybe felt resentment towards Dick, as it's nothing to do with him? But he obviously knew about Billy being a deserter. This now brings up so many questions about Teabag blaming Dick and Angel for losing his job and their participation on a hit show. Was the copyright art nonsense a side show to deflect from the real reason of them being dumped from the TV series? What other skeletons are in the wardrobes in Narnia land. Ryan? Doing a runner to Thailand has a whole other slant to it now.
Also with others, involved,

Reactions: 6
as per @Clara Burnett they did purchase 3 cases just hide it from the viewers due to the extravagant price per bottle. šŸ˜šŸ˜‰
I was wondering if that wine was in the boxes that were delivered to La Lande under Potty's name, as he was on the same holiday. When the 3 owners were contemplating the disastrous ceiling collapse whilst in the wine cupboard area we know she mentioned opening a wine from Italy but then he then opened a box that had been delivered to him, so she could have purchased 3 and had the rest sent under his name. Just a thought.

Mustering as much understatement as I am able to manage on a Saturday morning, the comments are somewhat disappointing!

I'm actually stunned at the attitude of some of those who posted beneath the Mail article. They don't seem to grasp that he reneged on a contract. It's a very serious offence and he has an indelible stain on his character should he ever require a reference. Stupid, stupid young man.

Another Petherick squandering another opportunity. IF ex Trooper Petherick was subjected to barrack room bullying, why on earth did he not take the proper steps within the Regiment and leave by mutual agreement if the situation was untenable. Rather than going AWOL in the knowledge that the Army would not forgive and forget. To appear on a TV show and embark on his YouTube "journey" in plain sight is the height of stupidity and arrogance.

Not to derail (I'd use the spoiler thingy but no idea how it works!) but you might be interested in this, which explains the Household Cavalry's role in terms of operational deployment and ceremonial duties. Joining the Household Cavalry is not just about trotting through London all dressed up in a fancy uniform. Billy seems to be quite good at tinkering with engines...knowledge gained in training, no doubt.

Haven't read the responses,but it's shabby.i think they were deploying to Afgan,around the time he removed himself.

She has multiple wreaths . I think youā€™ll find this is one of Marieā€™s previous creations . Perhaps itā€™s been tarted up a bit but it was made especially for those gates
The one Kirsty made was made with greenery from her own garden; it looked much bigger than Marie's from last year.

Reactions: 13
I some where in my brain have recollection of seeing there being a problem at a police station on a vlog . Anyone remember? Iā€™ve already been sucked down a rabbit hole this week looking for an Isobel quote I canā€™t find !
Are you thinking of when they went to a hospital emergency dept wearing party gear? It was during some party and one of the volunteers injured his hand, can't remember how, and IJ and SJ took him.

Yep. I wish we knew more about that. Is there another branch of the family in France or the UK?

It says..." Captain Daniel Lawlor, prosecuting, said Petherickā€™s stepsister had died that year and he had been bullied by colleagues as a result."....I didn't know he had a stepsister....That would mean that either his dad or his mom isn't his biological dad or mom...right? I'm terrible at figuring this stuff out.

Reactions: 3
Not Petherfending, but kind of am... the whole serving Queen and Country thing is BS, maybe I should preface I am a pacifist. It's a brainwashing exercise of young, and often lost, men and women to prop up the ego of governments; good for him for escaping that environment - just a shame about the content he puts out - subjective taste though. Maybe he should have resigned in an official way and avoided all this DM drama????
I tend to agree ... I do think there is a difference going AWOL during active service in a warzone vs protecting the Queen. I just dont understand why he didn't do it through official channels and think that would have been best. It does show some balls/arrogance going on a national tv show knowing his past though . It's be interesting to hear his explanation . I wonder if he would ever talk about it with his viewers , he'd have to face possiblikty of losing subscribers but MPK braved that head on.

I respect your views but I wonder what he thought he was enlisting in - some kind of perpetual fancy dress party?
He may have But it seems more that the atmosphere changed for him due to his stepsisters death . Things do change that make people regret chocies or current circumstances. However, I still think he should have gone through proper channels.

Last edited:
Only if Mick fathered Billy and another or others or Sherrie mothered Billy and another or others šŸ‘

I don't know...maybe someone with knowledge of this kind of thing could figure it out...but that's NOT me!...LOL

But that would have made her a half sister, right?
How very sad. Sherrie has a son with a life limiting disorder and heā€™s been left in the UK in an institution, I assume, with no visits from his mother. Maybe his biological father cares for him. I hope so. I hope too that he is loved šŸ„²

Sherrie was married before she was married to Pa Petherick. She has another son who has cerebral palsy, who lives in the UK. I'm assuming the sister they're talking about who died was also Sherrie's daughter.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.