The Chateau Diaries #96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yes! The two of them trying to be so sophisticated about Italian wines. What a hoot! Pony Boy knows nothing about wine. Neither of them have any wine tasting knowledge or vocabulary. Full disclosure: my brother represented Italian wineries for over 30 years. Why waste good wine on this bunch? Most of the wine they drink at the Shitoo is boxed, nothing wrong with that as it's economical and pretty decent, that's why they decant it. If you're serving good wine, you want people to be able to see the bottle with the label. Pony Boy's comment about the Borello tasting like cinnamon and reminding him of his grandparents. Good grief! I'm surprised he's not allergic to the tannins in red wine. Nevermind that hideous summer dress Fannie was wearing. You're too old and scrawny my dear for that look. Her skinny arms reminded me of a plucked chicken. Best to start covering up a bit more if you want that chic French look! I'm sure the gentleman serving them their tastings was relieved when they at last dragged their sorry asses out the door after purchasing only three bottles. People who go to these kind of places generally buy a case or two.
as per @Clara Burnett they did purchase 3 cases just hide it from the viewers due to the extravagant price per bottle. 😏😉

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Lalanders must be exhausted by now !

They have stopped reading, answering and deleting their comments. Even the comments about the Covid situation are still up.

They managed to supervise their comments section for 3 vlogs exactly.

Hard workers they are 😅
The next vlog will about how to rest. We will see them all snuggled up with their electric blankets, hot water bottles, cartoon earmuffs, and stuffed animals on the regency bed with the red toile this and that, while eating plenty of chocolates and drinking nog all the while watching their favorite old chateau vlogs. Twenty five minutes of that should put everyone into a restful sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
From CD's day 17, continuing comments regarding Michael Bergantino's paypal account...
n g
4 hours ago
This is so sad. Why isn't the Chateau Diaries/Stephanie Jarvis, donating to Michael Bergantino?

Ruth Bernstein
1 hour ago (edited)
Someone mentioned Cadeaux at the Chateau But isn't that used for charity organisations and not individuals? I can understand and sympathise with the plight of this gentleman but once this route has been made available to one it could well open the flood gates for many others in need. Then you have a situation of deciding whose need is greatest, and as a non medical person at @the Chateau Diaries that is not their call to make.

Sarah Burton
1 hour ago
@Ruth Bernstein very valid point

View attachment 931255
Michael Bergantino
30 minutes ago (edited)
@bee french I believe that they planned to mention me and post the link in their next Cadeaux video so that will be great. I don't think, nor wouldn't want them, to change how they distribute their charity funds from the channel, just in case that's what you were asking. They’ve been wonderful just letting me ask our wonderful community for help! Thanks Bee! ❤🙏
GOOD GOD now everyone is jumping on the money train band wagon. Who are these people ?

• Haha
  • Heart
The fact that Billy has liked these comments on his vlog shows that he doesn’t “get it” and I doubt he ever will. It would go a long way if he released a statement or made a comment that said “I made a mistake, I turned myself in, and I accepted the consequences. I apologize.” Straightforward and no excuses. In the US, many high profile people make mistakes, but a good apology goes a long way…we Americans like apologies and giving second chances. Instead, he “likes” these comments that say it was “no big deal” and “how dare they!” Oh…and some people DO care, foggy Qubti! (Billy had no problem saying he failed one of his projects, so we know he’s capable of admitting mistakes).

90A80CCB-D9E6-4E4E-BC99-D9418EC3C8A8.jpeg
3E86D4CF-F3DF-4FAB-A836-02F4B9963C20.jpeg
3877339C-4C12-47E9-969F-719E2BA3B9F1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I was just googling her to find more content from her opera times because I do actually like her singing 🎶(found nothing).
Found tattle and another gossip site instead, I believe it was still the very first thread, lurked for a while because I was not so invested. Registered to Stephfend her😂 stayed because people were so funny.
Don't care how she dresses, that she spends money on party and travelling and then there's nothing left for restoration (obviously that's her priorities).
Don't mind that she doesn't have to work because her parents left her well off... I wouldn't, either.... (though it made me consider how much and when I will give to my kid because I am scared now he might end like her)
Don't care for the chateau but it is an exercise in tolerance to see her mismanage it all🙄
I understand her inviting people from all over the world because I, too, would love to live in a community because I feel today's society is a lonely one and I myself couldn't manage to keep all the friends from earlier times or different places I lived. I am still trying to figure out how she is doing it.
I even see her youtubing as work because I know how much work there is behind the scenes.
But what got me mad was her not following the covid restrictions. She doesn't seem to have invested more than 5min in educating herself about it and the consequences for individuals, community, society. Is she careless, stupid, mean? Either way, guillotine it is!
She's not interested in covid because it's 'not pretty,' Now, if it was, and she could make a toile from it, then we would never hear the end of it.

as per @Clara Burnett they did purchase 3 cases just hide it from the viewers due to the extravagant price per bottle. 😏😉
Well, if that's the case, it's a huge waste of money and good wine. Pearls to swine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I respect your views but I wonder what he thought he was enlisting in - some kind of perpetual fancy dress party?
So I didn't know what "Household Cavalry" was before today, but isn't it pretty much a perpetual fancy dress party? The mounted version is described as being ceremonial. "The Household Cavalry Musical Ride has been performed at agricultural shows, military tattoos since the 1880s. The display is often accompanied by the drum horses and mounted State Trumpeters of The Mounted Band Of The Household Cavalry. During the display it is usually recorded music of that band. The Musical Ride demonstrates the skills that were required by cavalry in times of war. "

It sounds like Disneyland army reserves.

Reactions: 7
SJ hosting parties and festivities in the midst of the pandemic and this new Omicron wave inspired me to re-read Edgar Allan Poe’s “Masque of the Red Death.” In the midst of a terrible plague, Prince Prospero is happy and carefree, indifferent to the suffering of his people. He and 1,000 wealthy noblemen barricade themselves in an abbey to wait out the plague while drinking and partying, but death finds them anyway in the form of a mysterious stranger. Story so appropriate for today.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
So I didn't know what "Household Cavalry" was before today, but isn't it pretty much a perpetual fancy dress party? The mounted version is described as being ceremonial. "The Household Cavalry Musical Ride has been performed at agricultural shows, military tattoos since the 1880s. The display is often accompanied by the drum horses and mounted State Trumpeters of The Mounted Band Of The Household Cavalry. During the display it is usually recorded music of that band. The Musical Ride demonstrates the skills that were required by cavalry in times of war. "

Exactly! And Billy couldn’t handle it! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it's her aunt and uncle she's referring to. She uses a French diminutive for her aunt that sounds a bit like Tatyana and Stephen is the name of the uncle.
SJ calls her Tantine which means aunt or auntie.

Reactions: 10

Um, no, the Household Cavalry is not a "perpetual fancy dress party", in the same way way that guardsmen in the five Brigade of Guards regiments are not Toy Town soldiers permanently marching about in bearskins! Both elements of the British army see active service (not written in a huff, just wanting to clarify a misconception and as a daughter whose late father served with 1 of the Guards regiments...tanks, WWII).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
If you sign up you should fulfill your duty and finish your required period of service, leave honourably and then go on with your life. He's trash! The only one in the family with any decency seems to be Pa Pethrick
I might have had a little sympathy for a young, maybe very vulnerable and uninformed, soldier who had been posted to the front line in the Iraqi war or in Afghanistan (although if you understand what an army is, you should know what might be involved when you join). However, Billy's regiment were thousands of miles away from any conflict. It's a ceremonial role and is highly regarded by the public but they can also do active service but as far as we know, Billy was not facing that.. I am sure discipline must be strict, especially if you are not used to it, but If he was genuinely being bullied, he could surely have spoken to a medical person and asked about support or spoken to an officer about the possibilities of leaving. I am sure there can be problems but as things go, I doubt if there were serious issues. I was beginning to warm to him after seeing what his brother is like but this proves him to be just as weak and unreliable. He must be very stupid to think he would get away with it and then appear on a TV show!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think it's her aunt and uncle she's referring to. She uses a French diminutive for her aunt that sounds a bit like Tatyana and Stephen is the name of the uncle.
You might be right.

French diminutive for Auntie can be Tata (more common) or Tatie (more... posh) pronounced Tateeee.

@witchgrass Very much not toy soldiers. They are one of the most prestigious front line regiments who historically also perform ceremonial and guard duties.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm ashamed to say that my part of the US (rural South) thinks Covid is over. Y'all sharing what is happening in your countries is so different than here. Most people have gone back to *normal* life. Parties, no masks, stores are packed, concerts etc. etc. A lot of the places I go I'm the only one still wearing a mask. We are going to be very unprepared when another surge hits with the holidays. No cases of Omicron, yet.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Not Petherfending, but kind of am... the whole serving Queen and Country thing is BS, maybe I should preface I am a pacifist. It's a brainwashing exercise of young, and often lost, men and women to prop up the ego of governments; good for him for escaping that environment - just a shame about the content he puts out - subjective taste though. Maybe he should have resigned in an official way and avoided all this DM drama????
Agreed. Without knowing what lead up to him going AWOL, I can't judge. Who knows what steps he took trying to get discharged and about the bullying before he felt his only option was to split. Army service isn't for everyone; I'd rather have an army of soldiers that want to be there.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The next vlog will about how to rest. We will see them all snuggled up with their electric blankets, hot water bottles, cartoon earmuffs, and stuffed animals on the regency bed with the red toile this and that, while eating plenty of chocolates and drinking nog all the while watching their favorite old chateau vlogs. Twenty five minutes of that should put everyone into a restful sleep.
We need Phillip in a full size unicorn fluffy suit with tail & horn & zipper. My daughter wanders around the house in onesies and he is about her age (or slightly older in fairness)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.