The Chateau Diaries #96 The Oxymoron and the Ass

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Anne Marie & Nutty were in UK....in the Grift a Gift video, Nutty SJ & Sabine are trying mincemeat pies that Nutty "brought back". She said she loves them. Didn't mention brought back from where but I think they were sent to UK for British Bits for Xmas given the Easter chocolate fiasco after Brexit.

I think I saw a few of these heaters, they use kerosene
BADE265E-13B8-4D32-8256-D4206A5242DC.png

Reactions: 15
I go out to meet my friend, whom I haven't seen for 2 years because of COVID, and I come back to all this goz! And lovely to see some old timers back. 🥰
I am still missing @Marten. @ProfessorPlum I see you ❤ my posts, hope real life is keeping you busy, since you don't post anymore. 😁

LOL, IJ being a COVID denier, didn't we name her Nurse Ratchet once? She has more than earned that nickname.
Numbers of infected with Omikron is constantly rising here in Denmark, however no deaths have been reported. It doesn't give an illusion of it being milder, but more contagious.
That being said, many have been vaccinated. Those who are not by now, are those who declined the vaccine. Boosters are also being given out.

I do not understand the friendship between Florian and Pathetick, are they work-out buddies?! (I'm looking for their common connection, other than living in the same area)

Jeeves, I'm still working on #77. I'm on page 38 out of 52 - It's coming...

@Reader's digest thanks for the screenshot. He reminds me of Gertrud from The Julekalender, LOL, Scandinavians may understand...
BJJ in a robe.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
This was after the live chat and Percy/isabelle's asinine comments. Or should that be ass..inine given our current title

According to Ms Gooder ;
caroline gooder

14 hours agoSo Amaury's parents didn't make it to France.😞❤

8dIpL4geW8Jvr2REjDfW-XMA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

KJ
14 hours ago @caroline gooder Why?

( THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING, perhaps she should ask Percy/Isabelle/Stuffannie)
Well done Isabel at Madrid, you compromised Lalalande without knowing it.

JgnWju5LmxpN026R03dXlI4E=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Isabel at Madrid
11 hours ago
@caroline gooder how sad! At least they might be safer not traveling. I don’t know them but I am guessing they might be around Isabelle's age. Really sad Christmas this year again for a lot of people.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I think so too from what was mentioned in the vlog I t made it seem to me that they were arriving at LaLaLand on Friday, so before the new restrictions and like you my guess is they may well have already been in France a few days prior to that. Whatever way, they got in before they couldn't.
I hope they drove straight to lala, I don't think I'd like to eat a turkey and ham that have spent days in a car on a journey.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
♥ @Reader's digest ♥

💋 💋 💋 💋 💋 💋 💋 💋
Day 17 of tattvent....

View attachment 929221

WARNING 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 WARNING
I can not imagine this man/child getting near me.
No kissing??? SJ's Christmas Miracle????
They deserve each other and everything that comes with it.

View attachment 929227 View attachment 929229View attachment 929231View attachment 929232
He is SO gross!

GROSS, Stephenmememe.
You are not anything SPECIAL, Phyllis.

You are both reading here....now...still in bed, around 2 o'clock French time.

Up and at em! Time for some booze and bread!
You can cheer to mama's and Percy's gross ignorance.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How come there is not one heating engineer in a 50km radius who could not have got that heating or even part of it up and running for Chrismas ??? I find it VERY strange !
I'd be willing to bet that it may well not even be done by Christmas, 2022 because she won't have got round to/faced up to dealing with it. She's already decided they can get through this winter without heating. So, after that, it will be spring, the weather will start to get warmer, she'll be soo... busy preparing for Easter and then, providing she can travel again, she'll be off on her summer jaunts, all over the globe; in no time at all, it'll be autumn and the B & Bs and workshops will stop again and she'll reckon the heating can wait till the following year!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
She claims she does, but calls her "fatty two shoes" behind her back. You tell me.
I always appreciate your insights into the real Lalande. Obviously she doesn’t love her as much as she loves whatever reason she wants her there because she’d rather feign ignorance of the risks than prevent her sister from facing them. Just amazingly selfish people.

• Heart
This one needed a warning! The eyes…black and soulless.
When she doesn't realise that she's being filmed, the corners of her mouth are always facing downwards, as if she's always scowling. I remember the time when she was ranting furiously about something to Gerry, then turned round and realised SJ was filming her, so she instantly put on a fake smile.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Chateau de La Ruche
"Our spirits have dwindled with the light as yet again the borders to the U.K. are closed and we face a Christmas without family. The château’s rooms empty, the four of us rattling around by ourselves. We are searching for the silver linings, soothing the disappointed children, seeking solace in the quiet time.

And quiet it will be. No family, no gîte guests, no New Year party guests in the chambres d’hôtes. Hours that were to be packed with preparation now loom ahead, empty and purposeless. “Now you can truly rest, take a break” people say. But we want to work. We want to get on with our business. We want our rooms to be full. We want to create everything we have spent months planning.

We, like so many other little hospitality businesses put in so much work behind the scenes. So much of the magic happens before our guests even arrive. Special stays are carefully considered, every detail thought out, each moment carefully curated.

I have spent months dreaming up festive tables, I have decorated the Christmas trees in my mind over and over again. I have handmade decorations, searched the shops and scoured the internet for beautiful baubles and the perfect pink candles.

Menus and cocktails have been planned and tested, planned again. The cellar restocked. Flowers and foliage have been ordered for wreaths I was just about to make. We’ve tested the heating, bought in extra fuel, made curtains, bought more cosy blankets for our winter guests. We’ve cleaned windows, made chandeliers sparkle, tidied the garden, raked up leaves.

We have put aside everything else to be ready. We’ve invested huge amounts of time and money to create Christmas for our guests, to make sure that their stay with us is perfect. We do it willingly, but it’s hard not to be heartbroken when it all, again, goes to waste. When the Christmas trees will have no one to look at them, when the flowers will fade without having their moment centre stage. When all that work and energy comes to nothing.

And it isn’t just us. Small businesses everywhere are feeling the same. Every cancelled meal, every abandoned stay, every stolen moment represents so much time, so much financial risk. And we’re tired. We’re all so tired of this rollercoaster ride. We just want it to stop, just as you all do.

It seems though it’s not time for it to stop yet. So I will decorate the trees and arrange the flowers, we will mix the cocktails and cook the party food. We will share it with you all instead. You can be our guests from afar while we wait for everyone to come back. Hanging on as best we can through the lean winter months.

And then we’ll put on our pjs and try and make the most of the festive season again as just us four. Feeling a long way from family - separated again by a small stretch of sea and a virus that won’t go away."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
From CD's day 14 live chat...

Sandi Foster what about heat for the room?
Philip Janssen @Sandi Foster There’s an oil heater in there :)
Yeah, but what I meant is those heaters are not meant to be refilled with oil. There's oil in them but they're heated with electricity
[/QUOTE]
Those, too, are probably leaking everwhere. Snorts could not get himself out of a wet, paper bag.
And if I were SJ I would keep a paper bag over his head 24/7.

I think Anne Marie & Nutty were in UK....in the Grift a Gift video, Nutty SJ & Sabine are trying mincemeat pies that Nutty "brought back". She said she loves them. Didn't mention brought back from where but I think they were sent to UK for British Bits for Xmas given the Easter chocolate fiasco after Brexit.

I think I saw a few of these heaters, they use kerosene View attachment 929381
I think Armoire took Nutti home to meet the parents. Hence the mincemeat pies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I liked Methy's tree with it's multicolored lights, but again his facts were off. He opined that white Christmas tree lights were a 1990s thing. However, I remember baby Beau Monde convincing my mother, in the late 1970s, to go with the then-new white lights. (But of course that could never have happened according to Christmas light expert, Methy).
He also pontificates like SJ but gets his facts (rather myths/stories) wrong. His story about St. Michael killing a dragon were surely wrong; I think St Michael was supposed to have slain the devil, although the devil may sometimes be depicted as a sort of dragon and then there was the bit about St. Michael having been the archangel Gabriel's "friend" because they were both archangels!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I watched MPK’s vlog for Florian..he’s cute. If you’re not into Florian, just pass! 😊
It's quite clear TrotterBoy Pathetic has lost all interest in vlogging about his life. He has no clue how to come up with new content and I doubt he's verry happy with what he's putting out now, as the quality is horribly bad and lacks anything remotely interesting.

NO uncle and auntie for Christmas then ... thank god, we will now not see them freeze to death in that cold room !!!
How come there is not one heating engineer in a 50km radius who could not have got that heating or even part of it up and running for Chrismas ??? I find it VERY strange !
They were not supposed to arrive until next week, but because of the new rules starting on Saturday they changed plans and they will come today. It's still ridiculous and by no means smart or responsible, but it won't be illegal as the old rules still apply. It will be harder for them to return home, I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Wow. Well clearly the SA spin on the Omicron variant is the only news Percy chooses to listen to! 🤔
When I first said something about Percy being a racist, I got my head bitten off by many, even here, because he seems to be such a nice, elderly guy. Except he really is not. I find no joy in telling the truth about this wicked couple, but the harm they are doing with their lies and devious behavior is really not okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
:mad:
Between all the traveling, the Lalande thanksgiving and Dana's 50th birthday party, Stephanie Jarvis and Co. are responsible for infecting how many????
Now, it is time for Christmas at Lalande.... another perfect breeding ground.

1639750112323.png
Dana 50th.png
dana.jpg
Dana BJJ and SJ.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Not to defend anyone, but I've also been hearing that the Omicron variant is, although more contagious, it is exhibiting milder symptoms , which is usually how it goes. Isn't this what we want ...something eventually like the common cold? I don't understand why there is such commotion over the omicron variant unless something new has developed in the last 24 hrs? The thing is Delta is still running amock and we know how deadly it is, so should not the focus still be there? Omicron seems to be confusing everyone now.
Please inform me if I'm wrong about this. I just trying to understand.

I most definitely agree that travel is not the thing to be doing right now and a bunch of people from different countries coming together, needlessly, at the chateau seems pretty foolish, even if vaccinated, as that isn't a guarantee and most who have gotten the omicron are the vaccinated .
It's really simple. Even if the new variant makes people less sick, it is going to affect many more people than the other variants did because it is so contagious. Even if a smaller percentage get very sick and need to be hospitalized, it's going to be a smaller percentage of a much much larger group, therefor putting a huge strain on healthcare workers, who are already exhausted as is.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Snorts shouldn't have been swinging Fanny around like that. She could have broken a hip!!

• Haha
Word on the street is that when SJ came back from London with "a cold" she actually had Covid. The story she tells is that she got tested in England as well as in France and both turned out negative, but full disclosure (something SJ does not seem to understand anything about) those test were self-tests and hardly accurate. Nobody knows for sure what she brought "home" from her London trip, nor what she will be spreading this Christmas, but it will not be only love and laughter, I'm quite sure.
I would be more surprised if they didn’t have COVID…as much as they’ve traveled with no signs of masking or distancing, it would be a miracle if they escaped illness. Including Michael…he fell off the radar for a while, and didn’t look well, either. We assumed it was a because he’d been on a bender, but it could have been COVID. And there’s the mystery of Chris the volunteer who made a cameo in a few of MPK’s videos only to disappear and never be mentioned again…maybe COVID related, too? If MPK (or any of them) got COVID it would be wise of them to keep it under wraps given how they’ve flaunted safety concerns (unethical to keep it under wraps, but wise).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's really simple. Even if the new variant makes people less sick, it is going to affect many more people than the other variants did because it is so contagious. Even if a smaller percentage get very sick and need to be hospitalized, it's going to be a smaller percentage of a much much larger group, therefor putting a huge strain on healthcare workers, who are already exhausted as is.
What will also happen is those who are infected, and the numbers will increase dramatically, will also have to self isolate. this means that all workforces will be affected, hospital staff, firemen, police, bin men, post office workers, teachers and everyone else. for the individual it may not be the problem it was earlier this year but for the community/Country it could prove disastrous. When you dial 999, it will take much longer, if at all for someone to come, it is happening already.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My Mum actually saw Yolanda in the late 1980’s in a Deli in Paris. She was wearing all white & she said it was like looking at a real life Unicorn, the most beautiful woman she had ever seen! Of course not knowing who she was at the time, but she never forgot her.
Yolanda is the mother of Bella and Gigi Hadid - today's equivalents of super models!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.