The Chateau Diaries #95 Some people have a really low bar when it comes to dignity and self respect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I scrolled by @Beau Monde's take on the nativity, so didn't spend a moment being offended. Honestly, as a Christian in our current society, we are the okay group to mock ... and I'm used to it, it doesn't remotely affect my faith. What other people think about me and my faith has little impact on me because what I have is too powerful for others opinions to matter. So yeah, I just scrolled by.

I do want to say that I really appreciate @Marquis de Potpourri for speaking up. Just because I'm not offended and the others here who are practicing Christians aren't, that doesn't mean someone else might not be. And I respect people who put their neck out and stand up for others, no matter who they are. Kudos to you, Marquis, you give me hope!

And Christmas isn't "A" pagan holiday! What we now call Christmas is a melting pot of a lot of things. some things were taken from pagan stuff, but other parts weren't. In my home there is a tree with lights, and I know Jesus wasn't born in December. I'm not doing other pagan things though. The thing is, of all the decor, the ONLY thing that is really Christian IS the nativity ... and that's what was being messed with here. And you do you in your home, but like with anything else, if you post a picture of it publicly you can expect a reaction to it. If I pause and consider Beau Monde's nativity ... the part that could be offensive to me is the puppy replacing Jesus, not really the two Josephs. The two Josephs would mean the birth of Christ was an even bigger miracle than a virgin girl having him, and his birth was a miracle!!!

I was trying to think of what is similar in the secular world that people might understand, and the only thing I could think of was flags. If I do disrespectful things to the American (or any other flag), the tit would hit the fan.

Just my 2Loonies on the topic. Back to Chateauverse.

editing to add: What actually personally bothers me more with nativities is that most of them are so inaccurate ... the figurines are freaking white, Mary & Joseph et al were brown .... and that the whole scene all so neat and clean looking, that manager scene wasn't all pristine! So I've spent more of my life irritated by what Christians do to the nativity than what others do! I still haven't found a nativity I'm willing to purchase because of these inaccuracies!
I have always been enthralled by manger scenes. Growing up, we didn't have one, but I always wish we did and I was envious of my friends who did have one. As an adult, I thought about getting one for years, but like you mentioned, I could never find the "one" that spoke to me. Then a few years ago, I saw a Gaytivity online somewhere and knew that is what I wanted. When we were in Italy there was a shop in Lucca that made the figures. They were expensive so I only bought a few. Every year I buy a few more, mostly animals but I got a shepherd this season.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Since the bedroom is a smaller, contained space, once the space-heater warms it up the heat will stay inside. Auntie & Uncle should just hide away in the bedroom since it's probably going to be a damn sight warmer in their room vs. the cold, drafty downstairs where all the rooms connect to each other. I was just pissed off that after 16+ years SJ hasn't fixed the damn fireplace, since a log fire would certainly improve the ambience and warm the space.
yes but could you see camel toe cleaning it out and laying a new fire?? hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's all yours. 🤪 Enjoy, SJ and BJJ. 🤗

norma markey
15 hours ago
I have decided that, Stephanie and Philip can adopt me . I would be very quiet, I could be the older relative who comes for Christmas. I would be no bother , of course I would only come at Christmas ( other times to be arranged) . I cook well , I paint artwork, I make delicious cakes, I make candles and all things craft related , I read tarot cards ( could be interesting) I also see spirit ( but maybe they wouldn’t want to know, what they have there lol) I would give out wonderful hugs , when needed. All this and more for a room like this. Bargain I think xxx love the room
Show less

View attachment 923972

Hide reply

View attachment 923973
Maria K
4 hours ago
View attachment 923974You could channel “Henri”!! (the spirit at Lalande) View attachment 923975View attachment 923976
Oh there's lots of Spirit at La Lande, French Brandy is the big favourite..(Calvados?) Correct me if that's the wrong name, cocktail corner is filled with spirits, it's should be called Poltergeist corner with the amount of screaming it causes and hallucinations it probably causes..I think Norma needs to study her tarot again as she is definitely The first card in the Major Arcana The Fool...Snorts could be Page of Wands 'He thinks that he's got plans for her, Oh what she'll do and see He's going to find she has her own mind, and she says your not the boss of me. SJ The Devil...(as if we couldn't guess) When you get into bad habits, those chains are hard to break, She should find someone close, she trusts the most, they'll have advice to take. Or tongue in cheek.. The Queen of Pentacles... The queen has reached the top you know she's shrewed with money Ask her how, and she'll tell you now, you have to work hard, honey.

yes but could you see camel toe cleaning it out and laying a new fire?? hahaha
That tea set will need washing before Auntie arrives it will be dusty

• Haha
Reactions: 14
apparently is a plumber / electrician
Oh nice! Is he available to fix the heat at the shittoo?
Come on steffy... give some business to your buddies at baZmaniee (I can never forget how our half french shittolain pronounced the name of that chateau before she was supposedly corrected 😂 )

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just better hope there's not a power surge and all the electrics in the Chateau blow 🤭
well..watching her eatingsystem ...i surely have my doubts about her electricitysystem..especially when there are so many people there..all those lights, decoration,electric heaters etc..more washing, drying, ironing..i think the next disaster is expected on christmas..no heating and no electricity.. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I realize this is an hour before this might be needed, but I need to get to work so I'm throwing this all up here and those of you around can help pick one from each thread for @Jeeves ...
---------------------------------------------------
Thread 12

Lots of casting talk. Who would play who if a movie/show was made of La Lande.

Do any of the rest of you imagine @MojoDublin as a kind of amalgam of Judi Dench and Dr No? Or is it just me
Edited to add Father Ted @Mand

@Jeeves this one is the pick for #12
Welcome to Lalande, a chateau filled with Spode, Junk, and Tatter @bibisilver

You can have the money, just not the mouse. @Clara Burnett

Thread ideas:
Krypgal

first said …
Tarts Boudoir and a smashed up car

Vaffle said:
Tarts Budoir, a pushup bra and a smashed car USED

PNO

King Charles Spaniel

Norris CS
Hat Tat and Porcelain rat
Hoarder Like No Other

FrannyBee
Active member "Sycophants and Suckers
She shat on the rat in a hat"
"The rat shat in the hat"

-----------------------------------------------

Thread 13

New to this site, brought here by the freaking tidal wave of tears from the man who whined about the dark side of being an influencer. @Marquis de Potourri

Whoa, the chateau cannibalism season has begun. Rose colored glasses and Donegal lasses @Vaffle
(Rose colored glasses was the nickname of someone who came on Tattle and caused havoc)

Think In SSB’s case it’s called Ergophobia.... @NorrisCS
Or Egophilia @Linus

Time for "empty the lake party". What's the dress code here? @Milre

New thread idear
ChocLili said:
“Microcosm of chateau incestry”

Nice one @witchgrass Let it stay . . .

think it’s parrrfeeect

The Chateau Diaries #7 Chateaux ignored, add to the hoard

Curly tresses and Yellow Dresses @FrannyBee

recycled plates at honfleur a second hand dress and a discarded rat @Sandton

New thread title hoping to be nominated: Chateau Wars - Brenda Strikes Back. @ComtesseRose

Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice to Deceive @ggyahoo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread 14
Gibons arrives, he gets "accused" of being Heathcliffe

The yellow dress supposedly made for Stephanie wasn't ...

Her fans are accusing anyone who questions anything of being from this site. Causing people to search for and find this site. @lalablahblah

New here. After being harassed by some incredibly immature sycophant it appears to be the place to be. @lalablahblah

OMG, next thing we find Stephanie dead in the basement with the bats. P. wearing a blonde wig and her robe, drinking tea pretending to be her @Milre

TITLE SUGGESTIONS:
THE EARLIER THREADS HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS YOU SEEK @Francis Nicole

Grifters of a feather flock together @lyna
THIS ONE WAS USED

Chato chato , double speed - still doesn't stop the greed, see them grift, see them smile, see them add to their pile. @Geordieboy71

The Yellow Dress @ggyahoo

Never mistake personality for character @Incognito Chatelaine

Never Mistake a Dump for a Shato @the Tax Inspector

How to Wangle Loads of Tax-Free Dosh out of Gullible Twats @the Tax Inspector

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THREAD 16

Sceptic tanks and sceptical Tattlers @ggyahoo

royally-flushed: tales and tattles from the skeptic tank @Marquis de Potpourri THIS ONE WAS USED

Think tanks and stinky tanks @LaBrocantuese

It’s not just the tank that’s skeptic...... @MAE52

Smelly puddles and financial muddles @ggyahoo

How about let's do zoom, Brenda's not in the room! @arwensgal1975

S(k)eptic Tanks, Murky Eyes and Loo(p) Holes. @Linus

“Skeptics of the septic Chateau. All tanked out and nowhere to go.“ @Gibson

Shat O has a leaky loo, what's our SJ gonna do? @Chit~chat Chateau girl

Designer shades and male maids! @Chit~Chat Chateau girl

pee stained ceiling, left me reeling! @Chit~Chat Chateau girl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREAD 17

1. Like
@LaBrocanteuse
Porky mitts and porky pies

2. Love
@NorrisCS @chitchatcheateaugirl
Manky mitts and pork juice mitts

3. Laugh
@chitchatcheateaugirl
Welcome to the tit-O Deception

4. Wow
@ClaraBurnett
Welcome to our tit Show ShitO deception

5. Sad
@Incognito Chatelaine
Iliberty, Inequality, and the Grifter Fraternity

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Advent #12, the gift wrapping vlog, ugh! Really? Just an ad for her crappy chateau inspired gift wrap. Who would pay to download it? Also, they didn’t do a really good job wrapping anything. Just below average, nothing special. Blah. Boring. I am a wrapping professional, I know what I’m talking about.

Advent 13, the guest room. I kind of liked watching them together, even though Stephanie was a bit much. The room came out kind of cringey. I would be disappointed if I went to stay there and that was my room. Seemed like Emmaus threw up in there. It was also kind of gross for Stephanie to touch the sticky candy and chocolate with her bare old lady hands after touching all that old dusty stuff in the room, during a pandemic and leaving it there a week before her guests will arrive. You know she didn’t was her hands first.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Advent #12, the gift wrapping vlog, ugh! Really? Just an ad for her crappy chateau inspired gift wrap. Who would pay to download it? Also, they didn’t do a really good job wrapping anything. Just below average, nothing special. Blah. Boring. I am a wrapping professional, I know what I’m talking about.

Advent 13, the guest room. I kind of liked watching them together, even though Stephanie was a bit much. The room came out kind of cringey. I would be disappointed if I went to stay there and that was my room. Seemed like Emmaus threw up in there. It was also kind of gross for Stephanie to touch the sticky candy and chocolate with her bare old lady hands after touching all that old dusty stuff in the room, during a pandemic and leaving it there a week before her guests will arrive. You know she didn’t was her hands first.
You need running water and not down the walls to wash.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My favourite: "That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam".

👍 "Home and headquarters of the British vlog mafia. Book your course with Madam Jarvis now" @Geordieboy71
❤ "Continuing Misadventures of the British Vlog Mafia" @prettyplease
:ROFLMAO: "Bonfire of vanities" @lolander
😲 "The British chateau vlog mafia: we're bringing out the bodies!" @ggyahoo
🙁 "That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam" @FrankieG
🤢 "Château de la Fleur Fanée School of Scrounging" @TheTaxInspector
😡 "The peeerfeck retirement home for lost souls and second hand tat" @Geordieboy71
[/QUOTE]

Am I supposed to be doing a thread? 😳

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My favourite: "That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam".

👍 "Home and headquarters of the British vlog mafia. Book your course with Madam Jarvis now" @Geordieboy71
😡 "The peeerfeck retirement home for lost souls and second hand tat" @Geordieboy71
Am I supposed to be doing a thread?
[/QUOTE]

Just need to @Jeeves so she can see your favorite!

Reactions: 1
CD vlogs are so booooring that I'm down to watch Billy videos now ! 😅

His latest one is interesting. He's buying a whole library for the panelling.

What I love the most is the scene at the brocante with the French man.

Billy can speak and understand french quite well.

But every time something is said about the panelling in french, MPK has to speak and ask what was said. The funniest is when the French man said laughing and pointing his finger on Michael : "Lui, il ne parle qu'anglais !" (= "This one speaks only english). And Billy saying yes and laughing too 😅😅

MPK... what a loser !

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Am I supposed to be doing a thread? 😳
[/QUOTE]
@Jeeves gave you #19...

@Kotare

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Haha, back in my days Macdonalds was one of the few places in France /Italy with real toilets and not just a hole in the ground. Also Air-conditioning. Just imagine... When traveling my mom would always look out for a MD, she also trusted them more to have clean glasses

🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪🐪
Day 24 of tattvent!
I love Lalande most when I am away
❤ @Reader's digest ❤
I do wish it was day 24 of tattvent. Sadly, it is only day 14.
I will go with a picture of SJ's new luggage covered by her storage/sleeper bag. 🤪
Sums up her life. When in doubt, cover it with fabric.

View attachment 923409
May I add 'On Safari' to the mix
Photo by MP

safari south africa.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OMG

Billy comments section.

These Chateaux fans have no clue of how things are done in France - or maybe they are speaking of a dummy wedding ??

Karherine
21 hours ago
Hey Billy, a convent and a library! Wow! This so cool! I was thinking about the convent chapel and what you could do with it. What about keeping it as a chapel and performing weddings there. Michael could get the papers to officiate and the courtyard could house a small garden and fountain for pictures. The tables and chairs at your chateau (for sale) could be used for receptions, but the people are responsible for the setup and catering. Michael could cater as well.
Show less

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.