The Chateau Diaries #95 Some people have a really low bar when it comes to dignity and self respect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here it's similar, though they do ask with whom and where you live. Sadie living with Mo they count as a family and Mo has to support her. Also she has to use up all her private funds first. So no car or savings account for example. Not even cash birthday money allowed. Also she will have a hard time to explain if she pays rent to a family member. If they acknowledge that she can pay rent to them Billy would have to make it official and pay tax (25%) If she doesn't pay rent they again count as community then family must support her. In this case she gets only the amount for food and clothes. But here it's quite alot of bureaucracy to apply for it
Let's take Sadie and Mo situation. But I'm not sure they live officially together though ?

If they are a "legal" couple (married or civil partners or whatever) with a common tax situation, their common revenue is taken in account. But... what is Mo's job ?? Have they ever mentionned it ?
If their common revenue is below the limit, they are considered as a couple + 1 kid = 849 euros.

Reactions: 7
This is just sooo sweet! I was watching Dan's from a month ago and noticed this adorable scene happening in the background of one of his sped-up meal-prep time-lapses. So adorable! I do like these two, and wish them happy together.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 10.56.08 pm.png

So why is it, I don't know why, why is it that I think that these two embracing is adorable, yet I find the very thought! of BBJ and SSB's PDAs quick... ick...

Reactions: 22
Addicted to shopping
Maybe SSB should start ‘shopping’ at her HMN. She’ll see their junk and more junk and stuff for the first time... again. They could use Monopoly money to keep it real🤣.
She should invite Biffy to peruse her accrued tat... some of it is newly purchased tat from fans and some is brocante tat but he loves rummaging through all tat so I guess he's Tintilated with Tat.. so

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a look at Sadie's latest vlog (I rarely watch her vlogs).

I can assure you that Sadie and Mo don't live together !

Mo is renting a room + mezzanine in a shared small house in Angers (I know this 150.000 inhabitants town quite well).

Sadie is still living in the "Chaaaateau de Basmaignée",or in the outbuidings, sure. And is not declared as a couple but as a single person + 1 kid (and no job).

PS : Mo has got a good sense of humour. Love it !

• Wow
Selmar has scrubbed all of the negative comments. Why???
Would you give this man and his sidekick, Tatty any money???

Selmar crazy pic.png

Thank you @Jeeves for capturing this gem of a photo.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
The guest bedroom is certainly cluttered, I would be annoyed that not a single surface is clear for my stuff and would probably relocate most of the books and knick-knacks and just put them back when I'm leaving. I do this in most places I stay but particularly in this overdone place! Perhaps her aunt likes the style but again I loathe fussy wallpaper, gives me an instant headache. I just cannot fathom her obsession with it.
Yep too much stuff on bedside tables and the candle is a disaster waiting to happen 🔥

Reactions: 12
Thread 18 -
Was a load of tit .. shite .. Stephanoligy
And MOLD fecking off to Spain during lockdown

@Mrs O
I have finally watched the latest vlog of ‘You tube saved my chateau’. I have to hand it to SJ that she has a marvellous spy network - CIA/M15/6/Mossad would be proud to have these agents! Almost all the queries we have made she has addressed - almost!
😆😆

As someone has already pointed out, most of her vlogs could be recorded using a tripod - cheaper and quieter than present camera person.
February 16 2021.

@ComtesseRose
Question is, did he cheapen the impressionism of the painting by going bande dessinée style, or did he elavate the bande desinée style and put it up along side the impressionist...?

@lolander
And for the vlogs she needs to act and put her best foot forward, in the long run you just realize her high principles aren't followed out of pure selfishness or fear of conflict.

In addition to from @lolander
All her favorites (what we've seen on YT) seem to have an emotional trauma in their past; Nati was in an abusive relationship, Marie's father was an alcoholic and she was bullied at school. I don't even want to know what kind of emotional baggage Philip is carrying. Her long staying volunteers are all people

😈😈😈😈😈😈🏆🏆🏆🏆😈😈😈

I can't wait to start my Patreon and unashamedly exploit people, ask them to send help to renovate my parents'
@Marquis de Potpourri

Every move is calculated and motivated by one thing...money.
@Mummy Dearest

In years to come further disturbing behaviour will occur as Philly morphs into Steph or vice versa...
@Gibson

a shatelaine struggling to convince herself that she is neither a lazy scrounger nor excessively greedy.
@the tax inspector

What the locals are really thinking is - mon dieu, it’s that weirdo from the dump up the road. 🤦🏼‍♀️
@NorrisCS

"it's just a group of friends having dinner"? No Stef, it's a meal with your employees! THEY ARE PAID TO BE YOUR FRIENDS!
@MrsPitstop

@Jeeves - next 3 for voting 🗳
"How Tattle Saved My Vlog!" @Marquis de Potpourri

"La Folle du Château de la Fleur Fanée" @TheTaxInspector

"A pile of tit, fossilized tit, but tit nevertheless" @FrankieG

Nominated @lolander

Progress at the farmhouse
Still not done ✅

Meanwhile, back at Lalande:
Who else has been itching to pick this scab off of Chateau de Lalande's tower?
@Marquis de Potpourri
6BFF76EB-A03E-4B51-9D3F-5C05FCF0BC83.png

IDIOTS thought they found a dungeon, only to find that it was nothing more than a holding room for 18th-century poop!
@Marquis de Potpourri
FBE8B7A4-C4A5-45AA-8ACA-10ED365FB779.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I can not watch the last Advent vlog. Too much is too much.

Another vlog about Christmas decorations ? Have they spent the whole month of November drowning in Christmas baubbles and garlands ?!

No interest. So... I read the comment section instead.

It's comical :

Only very positive and sweet comments to read. And all of them - I mean ALL of them - are liked by the Chatelaine or her Lalande staff. All of them.

After months and months of silence and no reaction to their comments.

Such a fun to see it 😅😂🤣 .

• Haha
QUOTE="NoIAmNotAHorse, post: 7479089, member: 102304"

After a recent sob-argon where he’d had to borrow money from the Lush of Lalande

This is genius, the lush of lalande & sums her up perfectly, even SS is looking worse for wear now & he’s so young, the food or lack of it, certainly doesn’t look healthy, the freezing temperatures & the copious amounts of booze seem to be taking their toll on him too! I used to sing years ago & my music tutors would be super strict with what I ate or drank when rehearsing as it affects your performance

Reactions: 16
Let's take Sadie and Mo situation. But I'm not sure they live officially together though ?

If they are a "legal" couple (married or civil partners or whatever) with a common tax situation, their common revenue is taken in account. But... what is Mo's job ?? Have they ever mentionned it ?
If their common revenue is below the limit, they are considered as a couple + 1 kid = 849 euros.
Pssst MO
apparently is a plumber / electrician

I cannot see how he’s lost for work
In this current climate you can’t get anyone !!!!!

Reactions: 19
I think I can sympathise with how cold the chateau is. I've had no heating or hot water for three days, while boiler guys try to chase down spare parts. Absolutely freezing in this old Victorian house. I only have one small blower heater which is less than useless so have taken to walking about with a hot water bottle clasped in my arms, á la Jarvis. I think if I had to endure this for more than a few days, I might well die. Poor staff and guests at the chateau having to suffer it for six months of the year. 🥶❄😰

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Pssst MO
apparently is a plumber / electrician

I cannot see how he’s lost for work
In this current climate you can’t get anyone !!!!!
I can not find any Mo M. as plumber or electrician.

One can fit his description : in Paris, delivery driver + DIY + repairs + etc.

We know that Mo lived in Paris until very recently.

Anyway, this guy works and does things to improve his life (even moving from Paris to a tiny 1-room apartment in a shared house in Angers).

Better than many of these Chateaux vloggers !

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I laughed when I saw Fanny digging around in boxes of unused, gifted Christmas stockings, because I almost sent her some that I had made, back when I was still under her spell. SO glad I didn't send them! What a waste that would have been. Here's a couple pics:
WOW these are stunning, you are so talented. I’m so happy you didn’t waste them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm having to be surgically removed from my monster fluffy pyjama top as it's so cold in my shitoo Have now got another one and just off to buy more. It is so cosy and can pass for normal wear! And no I'm not stinky!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thread 🧵 12

ggyahoo said:
Time for a Donegal.

There once was a forum called Tattle,
Which caused many cages to rattle.
Mention Stephanie and gifting,
Or Michael and grifting,
And their mothers come out to do battle.

😈😈

A Donegal summary for newbies.

LaLande is a chateau in France,
Which patrons pay to enhance.
But the chatelaine is feckless,
And with the money quite reckless.
She prefers to party and dance.

😈😈
@Fannybee
What an appalling display of greed, the hints for desired objects (including high end and antique brand china) pretentiousness. The constant self obsessed dialogue by Stephanie was bad enough, but when the money grab Patron started, interspersed with the expensive trips to Venice , South Africa, Egypt etc (I know Gerry is supposed to pay for her) when she is crying poverty and wants to renovate the Chateau with volunteers and donations. Other

jjj667
Jan 25, 2021
I'm new. Don't ask for details because I'm not giving them. Recently learned of the TV series on Channel 4/5?. I noticed someone googled "Chateau de la lande" and found you guys here.

If you are a person donating to Steph, please stop. The family is very wealthy, I know this for a fact - directly. What they have in the bank I'm unsure but we are talking millions! Multiple properties all over the place, 7 that I can recall. Very sizable incomes - alimony payments, pensions, trusts, inheritance, rental income, the list is endless. Money most of us could only dream of.

They have no money issues you are just paying for things they don't want to pay for

😈😈
Jeeves
VIP Member
Jan 24, 2021
[QUOTE="
🕳👁👃🐀

[/QUOTE]
As if Spode or Liberty would want to use him. Can you imagine - he'd design a cup and saucer and need to have a rest. The collection would be antique before he got to the dinner plates!

No one needs to drive across France for flower arrangements in a pandemic.
@Donotgogentle

Finally - and this is the best bit, PP and LOLL discuss the height of the ceilings, when she says that the height is "Probably similar to our bedroom height!" I replayed it several times - definitely bedroom and not bedrooms, my bedroom or your bedroom.
@Jeeves

I voted with my pocketbook so I’m not sore. I just don’t expect anything from him, and he doesn’t deliver, so that’s that.
@OhIDontKnow...

Not at all surprised to learn Floral Roadkill is rude, even allowing for a language difference, her surly, sulky nature cannot be disguised, no matter how faux-happy she appears from time to time nor what she dresses up in.
@frenchessence

😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

@Jeeves

Ahh duck it... no... it’s a heap. A heap in the middle of nowhere.
@norrisSc

I think she didn't mind living in a dated, unkept chateau...well, bc it's a chateau! Even if she froze to death
@Subzero

There is endless money for shopping and vacations but not for the Château bills
@Pno

@Viva La Loca
hide her light under her bush.

Welcome to Lalande, a chateau filled with Spode, Junk, and Tatter
@bibisilver

Jan 27, 2021
Tarts Boudoir, a pushup bra and a smashed car
@Jeeves

😈😂😈🗳
Forgot this nugget from
@Clara Burnett

. Isabel however also owns an apartment in Agde, close to Bézier, that they usually rent out through an agent. She and Percy would go there when her mother was still alive to spend some private days. No clue if they still hang onto it. SJ would pretend to have 'forgotten' all about this property, find keys in her desk and then make a casual remark about 'her apartment at the Mediterranean'.

Breaking off some of crumbling exterior like the Berlin Wall
@ComtesseRose

Don't worry about Selmar, he is toasty in his van. He's got the best room in la la lande.
@vivalaloca

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.