The Chateau Diaries #95 Some people have a really low bar when it comes to dignity and self respect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love a minibar, tea station, chocolates, candle and good quality towels, but night stands empty please. And no bleeping excessi pillows and Xmas decorations. And where is the TV and WiFi password? And a proper trash? And a small desk would be fine, too🤨
Since the bedroom is a smaller, contained space, once the space-heater warms it up the heat will stay inside. Auntie & Uncle should just hide away in the bedroom since it's probably going to be a damn sight warmer in their room vs. the cold, drafty downstairs where all the rooms connect to each other. I was just pissed off that after 16+ years SJ hasn't fixed the damn fireplace, since a log fire would certainly improve the ambience and warm the space.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
The Father Christmas grotto SJ and BJJ created in the room for Stephanie's beloved aunt and uncle is uber overdone. Santa Claustrophobia, rather than Santa Claus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
The guest bedroom is certainly cluttered, I would be annoyed that not a single surface is clear for my stuff and would probably relocate most of the books and knick-knacks and just put them back when I'm leaving. I do this in most places I stay but particularly in this overdone place! Perhaps her aunt likes the style but again I loathe fussy wallpaper, gives me an instant headache. I just cannot fathom her obsession with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Any indication on how he’s feeling? I guess he probably doesn’t have anyone to confide in there. He truly is without friends there. I could see him also feeling like his sacrificing any chance he has of a career as well. He can’t be making much money from his channel. It’s like $4.00 per thousand views. He’s probably made a couple hundred bucks.
Squirrel shouldn't have wasted his weekly allowance on animal ear muffs for his boss/girlfriend/bedmate/lover/mummy substitute.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The guest bedroom is certainly cluttered, I would be annoyed that not a single surface is clear for my stuff and would probably relocate most of the books and knick-knacks and just put them back when I'm leaving. I do this in most places I stay but particularly in this overdone place! Perhaps her aunt likes the style but again I loathe fussy wallpaper, gives me an instant headache. I just cannot fathom her obsession with it.
To quote Coco Chanel, "before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off."
The same applies to interior decorating. In SJ's case it's a matter of taking away about a dozen things in each room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
MPK and his branded clothes / oak stairs from England etc.
His sister Sadie not working but living in France with a child.
PhiPhi living and "working" in France.
Natti living and working in France.
Amaury : not sure of his legal status in France. But he seems to be legally working in France too.

All of these people... make my blood boiling.
Because they all play with the French social welfare system. I'm pretty sure ot this (maybe not Amaury though). Not to mention their Carte Vitale (Free Healthcare French insurance which reimburse 70 %).

- Given that they must declare wages below a certain limit (easy in their case : Lalande must pay them a minimum and in the case of MPK and Sadie... they don't work and can declare what they want from their You Tube channel which must not be a lot anyway) :

- They can claim the RSA (Minimum Social Wage) which is attributed to any person living legally in France (European citizens + Non European Citizens included) and who are not working - or not earning enough (in this case, it has another name but it's the same).

- This RSA is calculated based on your personal situation (single, couple, kids or not kids etc).

- No limited in time. You just need to renew your application every 3 months.

Example (2021) : Single person + no kid = 487 euros per month
Single person + 1 kid = 712 euros per month
etc etc

When I see them in their vlog, begging and playing Nouveaux Riches... and telling tales to an American audience who has no idea of the French Social model....:mad:
Here it's similar, though they do ask with whom and where you live. Sadie living with Mo they count as a family and Mo has to support her. Also she has to use up all her private funds first. So no car or savings account for example. Not even cash birthday money allowed. Also she will have a hard time to explain if she pays rent to a family member. If they acknowledge that she can pay rent to them Billy would have to make it official and pay tax (25%) If she doesn't pay rent they again count as community then family must support her. In this case she gets only the amount for food and clothes. But here it's quite alot of bureaucracy to apply for it

Reactions: 11
Where I live, people OD in the Mickey D’s bathrooms. ‘ merica! Sorry, move along, too much reality.
Actually where I live in Melbourne, our McDonalds is actually really nice (for a fast-food place I mean!) I often stop at the McCafe on my way in to work for a yummy cappuccino, with a gluten-free chocolate raspberry torte. Or their banana bread, warm with butter! So yummy. But shh it's my guilty secret.
Socks, however, McDonalds socks, I leave for the more discerning fashionistas of this world to enjoy.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I have a cousin who used to walk around in silk underwear the morning after parties or when we were staying at someone's house.
She was beautiful, had a stunning figure and she knew it, and it was definitely a vanity /attention seeking thing. My husband thinks she is the most conceited person he has ever met, and I agree, but I love her to bits. Awful as she can be, she has a kind and generous heart. We were brought up together and we shared a bedroom so she's a sister to me.
I thought Stephanie was doing the same thing at first. She used to wear silk pyjamas in the first ETTCDIY. I liked her as she reminded me of my cousin, who looks a lot like Stephanie.
SJ now wears awful rather mumsy nightwear. I think she's just got into the habit and has become lazy about getting dressed.
That's true, @Dippy Hippy ! But, OmG, I am getting just as lazy aout getting dressed some days (since Covid)! My nightwear, however, is NOT mumsy,:LOL:, and I the most important aspect is that I am not filming myself!:ROFLMAO::love:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes........ I saw that claw on the phone...... it was just like her Mothers claw at the Gift Grab......yik.
It was a little "sad" Happy Birthday with just Amaury , Natti and the turban SJ. Does she Ever get dressed???
It amazes me that she is either in a dressing gown or has a towel on her head or both. Rude.

Reactions: 17
That's true, @Dippy Hippy ! OmG, I am getting just ike that (since Covid), but my nightwear is NOT mumsy,:LOL:, and I am not filming myself!
I make this easy on myself. I wear cute sweats to sleep in. I keep them on when I wake up. If I go out, I wear them. I put on a little mascara and lipstick and put my hair in a pony. You look dressed if you need to and can sleep anywhere. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Is she wearing ear muffs?!!! the only place on earth I had ever had to wear earmuffs was visiting Rockefeller centre at Christmas to see the tree and it was so windy I was in danger of landing in Oz!

How cold IS in that house?! 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶
Brrrrrrrrr!
It may not be everyones taste, but for me, the ONLY acceptable color for bed linen is WHITE!
Even for my own bed i only use white, with some fun color for duvet cover or decorative pillows...
I agree with you!

Reactions: 8
@Jeeves: from thread 19 in case @Kotare doesn't finish it

My favourite: "That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam".

👍 "Home and headquarters of the British vlog mafia. Book your course with Madam Jarvis now" @Geordieboy71
❤ "Continuing Misadventures of the British Vlog Mafia" @prettyplease
:ROFLMAO: "Bonfire of vanities" @lolander
😲 "The British chateau vlog mafia: we're bringing out the bodies!" @ggyahoo
🙁 "That's how I found Tattle! I googled "Chateau Diaries" and "scam" @FrankieG
🤢 "Château de la Fleur Fanée School of Scrounging" @TheTaxInspector
😡 "The peeerfeck retirement home for lost souls and second hand tat" @Geordieboy71

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It's very hard to keep a potted evergreen alive. He should have a hole dug outside somewhere that he can drop the tree in after the holidays. Won't be able to use it as a Christmas tree again next year, but the odds of it surviving will be a lot higher.
Yes...that is what should be done.

Reactions: 5
This was funny in thread #18😂

Jeeves said:
One of her superfans expressed their concerns that they were worried for her safety in reopening the B and B because they had been reading on that nasty site.

They should be afraid:
first thing a tattler would do
-put sugar in jaguars tank
-insulate the attic and destroy ventilation of roof
-heat the rooms above 11 degrees and harm the fabric
-free the animals
-pay volunteers
-buy some vases
-play another song than "it's raining men"
-remove the bag from Nics head
-clean Selmars leather jacket
-perform rhinoplasty on Phil
-sow all of Isabelles seeds

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
From CD's day 14 live chat...
The Chateau Diaries Hello from Lalande lovely people!!!

NO!!!
Michelle Kucharew Okay. The idea of Stephanie dressed up as Mrs Claus, sneaking into Amorie's parents' room in the middle of the night to stuff those stockings is too fun to not laugh.

I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE!!! :eek:
S Dole @Philip Janssen YES, we are appreciating all the effort here. Have you considered having fans/Patrons share images of the decor Lalande inspires? Unique email we could send pics, video?

ONE SIDED SHOUT OUT.
The Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield and @isabelle Jarvis Hello Mummy and Percy!

TEABAG DOING SOME SELF PROMOTION.
Doing It Ourselves Love to Stephanie and everyone at lalande.
The Chateau Diaries @Doing It Ourselves Hello Michael! Miss you!!!!
BJJ TRYS TO JOIN IN.
Philip Janssen @Doing it ourselves Is it the one we filmed together? :)
TEABAG DID NOT JOIN THE CHAT TO CONVERSE WITH BJJ.
Doing It Ourselves Good evening everyone. Can’t stay long but just letting you know my first Christmas video goes live after this video tonight xxx
Philip Janssen This is one of my favourite videos we’ve filmed so far!!

NEIL DIDN'T HAVE THE FULL TREATMENT AS A GUEST???
Neil Hartley @the Chateau Diaries I don't remember getting any bonbons when I was in Perse
The Chateau Diaries @Neil Hartley You are! Only joking ;) You can have many bonbons next time, promise
The Chateau Diaries @Neil Hartley We had you on a very strict diet
Neil Hartley @the Chateau Diaries whaat! I'm in great shape...for my age

HEAT???
Sandi Foster what about heat for the room?
Philip Janssen @Sandi Foster There’s an oil heater in there :)

👌🤪
Jason Dubey I sure hope you guys are going to leave these decorations up until February with all the work you are putting into decorating @the Chateau Diaries
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries I always leave ours up until after the last major holiday, MY BIRTHDAY, on Jan 20th....LOL!!!
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey We genuinely are!

TIME FOR TEABAG...
The Chateau Diaries There’s a premiere on @Doing It Ourselves at 21:45!!!
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here with us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I make this easy on myself. I wear cute sweats to sleep in. I keep them on when I wake up. If I go out, I wear them. I put on a little mascara and lipstick and put my hair in a pony. You look dressed if you need to and can sleep anywhere. 🤣🤣🤣
Good tip.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
MPK and his branded clothes / oak stairs from England etc.
His sister Sadie not working but living in France with a child.
PhiPhi living and "working" in France.
Natti living and working in France.
Amaury : not sure of his legal status in France. But he seems to be legally working in France too.

All of these people... make my blood boiling.
Because they all play with the French social welfare system. I'm pretty sure ot this (maybe not Amaury though). Not to mention their Carte Vitale (Free Healthcare French insurance which reimburse 70 %).

- Given that they must declare wages below a certain limit (easy in their case : Lalande must pay them a minimum and in the case of MPK and Sadie... they don't work and can declare what they want from their You Tube channel which must not be a lot anyway) :

- They can claim the RSA (Minimum Social Wage) which is attributed to any person living legally in France (European citizens + Non European Citizens included) and who are not working - or not earning enough (in this case, it has another name but it's the same).

- This RSA is calculated based on your personal situation (single, couple, kids or not kids etc).

- No limited in time. You just need to renew your application every 3 months.

Example (2021) : Single person + no kid = 487 euros per month
Single person + 1 kid = 712 euros per month
etc etc

When I see them in their vlog, begging and playing Nouveaux Riches... and telling tales to an American audience who has no idea of the French Social model....:mad:
Yep, agree totally with you there both of us work bloody hard pay our taxes and people who play the system make me mad. My husband leaves home about 8am and sometimes doesn't get in until 9pm. He covers the entire Department (85 Vendee) plus part of the adjoining one (79 Deux Sevres) which means he gets home absolutely worn out, shame on them! Funnily enough his last job of the day today is at the Chateau I used to work at....their boiler's packed up and they've got no heating either!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.