Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pasta_aldente

VIP Member
O M G !!!!! There is a new show coming out on Discovery+ about competitive Table Setting. Shit you not. Can you imagine snorts & or dear Nicolas Fairford in a smack down. Now THIS is an advent gift 🎁

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

Espe

VIP Member
Quote from Ky Bourbon, previous thread: "I can’t believe how patronizing Snorts’ is…how to set a table? His target audience has been setting tables for twice as long as he’s been alive! They can do it better, too…with their eyes closed".

I agree, and isn't this what so many young, so-called influencers do, whatever it is they are talking about? They jump on the bandwagon and teach their grandmothers to suck eggs. From doing this, they make thousands. I find it infuriating when so many others work hard to gain qualifications and skills and earn their living by doing a proper job. I suppose I am too out-dated thinking like this. Apparently, loads of teenagers now aspire to become YT influencers because all they need to do is pick a topic and sit in their bedroom talking a lot of rubbish into their phones. Surely, this can't go on for much longer. Their supporters must be absolutely gullible and brainless! Nichloas Fairford is better at it than BJJ and has more taste but is just as patronising in thinking that he is teaching all his adult followers something!

• Heart
  • Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Little Lord Snort-A-Lot hasn't a clue, not an iota of an idea nor a scintilla of knowledge of how to "dress" a table. His Treascape (served in lieu of supper because - as ever - timing in the kitchen was at odds with an actual clock) is beyond odd. Not just odd: it's wrong in so many ways. He tries so desperately hard to please SJ but, over and over again, just looks a complete idiot.

. View attachment 909851

He is an ignoramus par excellence.
Not to mention that the China he chose to display this time around isn't SJ's but Mini Apron's. I wonder if he asked for her permission to use it and if not, he will finally learn the consequences of getting on the old hag's bad side (not that she has a good one, but y'all get my drift).

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
And that’s why they’re a mess. I suspect the whole lot was filmed prior to the big outing, because she was supposed to be traveling and if they play them now she’s afraid she’s going to come off as a big faker to the only people she cares about - the granny brigade…
Spot on. This is exactly what has been causing her panic attacks all through November. She wasn't freaked out over the reveal of having a boyfriend half her age necessarily, but what it would mean for her advent cycle. They decided to try and go back to the cheerful concept of improvising, what brought her the succes when she did that with TrotterBoy Pathetic, but she knows it falling way short this time around. All of the lines I have thrown out are catching Paniced Fishes with a capital P at the moment and I fear (not) it's going to be a not so relaxed Christmas for our charlataine this year.

• Heart
  • Haha

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
i quess its hard for Dan...he tries his best for sure...a young family...annoying kids..a probably exhausted wife..from coping with life and kids..and then you have Fan... full of fun... life and laughter..and alcohol...Analise cannot fight against that..he should be smarter...get away from that evil heap feulled with alcohol and lazyness shittoo..or keep the relationship stricklty business..its all to mixed up together now..not good...certainy not familywise..
I find his vlogs so boring these days, he seems to be very uninspired and falls back on old drone shots and a rigid formula for his daily stuff. He blames the extra projects he's doing, like filming SJ's intro, but that one was hardly a succes story, was it? I certainly hope his real life, the one where he has found a friend in cousin Armoir and is happy with his lovely family, will take over and safe him from SJ's trap he fell into thinking he could become someone important in her fantasy world of youtube stardom.

Up to the attic to show what ??? Let me guess more wallpaper! What’s up with that? I’m officially sick of wallpaper, talking about it, hanging it, the history of it, the making of it. I don’t understand her obsession with wallpaper
Everything about that wallpaper "discovery" was faker than fake. She knew exactly what was there but could not be bothered with it before, in all of her sixteen or seventeen years there. Now all of a sudden she wants it to be saved? We all know who is going to pay for that.

Last edited:

SloanSabbith

It's an act. It was almost impossible to graduate from Oxford with ADHD 25 years ago, nobody knew how to accommodate and help with their difficulties in learning then.
Just this morning I watched an older video (re the ghost at Lalande) and she was so much calmer and serene. She managed to weave a compelling story and capture one's attention. She really did 'used to' have some charisma! Life was easier for her then -- no PJ and no patrons to answer to!

• Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I wonder if Amaury will go home to the UK for Christmas, he seems close to his parents. If so, will he take Natti with him? I think you can often see from his expression that he thinks SJ and the chateau are totally chaotic but I suppose he has to keep in with her because of the family and now he's moved his stuff into the workshop, he'll probably have to stay for a while. I bet he regrets it though and I tend to think he and Natti are not going to last forever.
Nutty's departure from the entourage is long overdue. Her smiles are fake and she truly seems unhappy. I doubt she will be there for the new B&B season. I guess we'll know once she's taking her break in Argentina in January. It usually helps to be away from the HMN if you want some clarity and the best life-choices are made when not under SJ's continuing spell.

Patriciarella

VIP Member
FFBAA5B8-7989-46FF-8007-D31D8A8A46DC.jpeg

Who has a favorite card? Why did your mom send you food you are allergic to? Does she think if she offs you she gets your squatter’s rights?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Espe

VIP Member
That was a very odd afternoon tea! I don't know what other Brits think but I think it's unusual to have tartare sauce with smoked salmon. It's usually with cooked fish; cream cheese is much more usual with smoked salmon. I still can't get over the mincemeat on scones! Of course, I haven't had afternoon tea at The Ritz or The Savoy but I somehow doubt that they do any of those things! Also, you'd normally eat the savoury sandwiches first, followed by the scones, and finally the cakes. Sometimes, there are tiny pots with desserts in them too. SJ is so unnatural. I do wish she'd stop flapping her arms around and just speak normally instead of putting on such an act.

Last edited:
  • Heart
So her Madame de Pompadour fragrance is only 220 euros a bottle...not a bad gift from a grifter without money.. :rolleyes: i bet she bought it for herself..and the other two scents too..she always gets gifts..refunds..bargains and upgrades...silly me....i never get that...

And she ends her not so christmassy vlog...only another very consuming vlog..with a trip up the attic...to show another...not gonna happen project..if those patreons dont see through her by now..i guess they are lost...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
I've always used cream cheese with smoked salmon too, but I remember on a vlog a while ago they said cream cheese was hard to get in France. Think it was when someone wanted to make a cream cheese icing and they had to use cream fraiche instead.
When I (not very often) make finger sandwiches I make with the crusts on, then stack up and use my electric knife to cut off crusts and then cut into thirds or triangles.
Seems like Squirrel boy has never seen a finger sandwich before with his stupid comment of 'Why cut the crusts off?' Obviously his grandmother never made them! He has so little life experience. I keep seeing thought bubbles above Michael's head thinking 'When is Stef going to get rid of this silly annoying kid?'

• Haha
  • Heart
Autism may or may not be a disability. For those at the higher end of the ASC spectrum, it quite likely is not a disability per se. That is not to say that there are not areas that they struggle with, particularly with social and communication and not necessarily restrictive and repetitive behaviours. Others will find the condition far more disabling and will need an entirely different level and intensity of support.
How is are things for you and your aunt?
She always lived a very strict life. all set on time..no surprises there....very keen on a healthy way of life...she was always very caring to me..i like her a lott..she spend the first 35 years of her life living at the house..my parents married..at that time she wanted to move out..bought a grand house in the village and got on with life..she had a marvellous career...she always had staff..to deal with the home..food and the garden..she wasnt very good with that...she always sat with her nose in books..food and a clean house wasnt so important..but other people did that for her..she still has staff..last summer her housekeeper said to me she wasnt feeling well, i also noticed because i visted once a week..and wasnt eating much...but she didnt want to go to the doctor..because she knew best...we had to drag her to the first aid because she was so ill, she wouldnt probably made it into the next morning...i was so mad..she almost had no blood left in her body...and cancer...they gave her blood and she got home..but still she doesnt believe she has cancer..its so annoying ..she knows best..you have to be very firm with her...to tell her what to do..she doesnt read between the lines..and in the end she does it..but it costs an huge amount of energy..i know her all my life and i know how to deal with her..but sometimes she likes to put me down like a seven year old..

• Heart
  • Sad

Jeeves

VIP Member
Little Lord Snort-A-Lot hasn't a clue, not an iota of an idea nor a scintilla of knowledge of how to "dress" a table. His Treascape (served in lieu of supper because - as ever - timing in the kitchen was at odds with an actual clock) is beyond odd. Not just odd: it's wrong in so many ways. He tries so desperately hard to please SJ but, over and over again, just looks a complete idiot.

. View attachment 909851

He is an ignoramus par excellence.
Phiphi should have done his research before presuming to present afternoon tea. If you are going to set yourself up as an expert in table setting, then you need to make sure that you get it right.
As it is considered perfectly acceptable in the highest circles to eat the scones, sandwiches and pastries with your fingers only a butter knife is required.. The pastries should be bite sized and so no forks are required. Teaspoons are placed in the saucer. Afternoon tea is not traditionally served at the dining table but at a smaller, lower table, although this is often combined now as" a tea party." Stephanie should know that the cream and jam should be spooned on to your teaplate and never "slathered" directly on the scone.
Sandwiches are always placed on the lower tier of the cake stand, scones on the middle tier and small sweet items on the top, Savouries are always eaten first.

• Heart

Jikki2

Chatty Member
Day 6 - Afternoon tea at midnight

As a CD video, I think it would have been ok if better edited and stupid Squirrel left completely out but...

WHAT DOES AFTERNOON TEA HAVE TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS???

• Haha
  • Heart