The Chateau Diaries #91 It's really time for a revolution and most of all for guillotines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a picture of him in uniform, outside one of the Royal palaces. Will try to find it again.
He was in the Guards.It was mentioned way back when I was in Brenda Gibbon's Facebook group before she fell out with the Pethericks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
No she told us on Instagram Nichola's house is in Oxenhope. Its very close to Haworth, about a mile. Haworth has several tiny moorland villages and hamlets about a mile or two away, Stanbury, Oakworth, Oxenhope. Oldfield and others all with their own identities still. They all look very similar to Haworth and all look across the moors. My niece lived in Oxenhope till last July. , it's definitely there.
Oakworth is the largest and featured in the "Railway Children" movie.
Maybe she said that to deter stalkers (if she has any) cos some of the exact same buildings behind are also in Howarth. I recall her saying Jill’s house was nearly by in Oxenhope when she was moving in in one of her vlogs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Literally nobody cares for Snorty but SJ, and even she seems to have lost a rather huge portion of her first affections for him, or so I have heard. He is making a complete ass out of himself at the moment and although SJ pretends to be supportive of his new escapades into YouTube fame, she's poking fun of him behind his back all the time. Larkin and Potty, everybody here is always referring to them as co-owners which they only are on paper but they have only invested in her HMN to keep her happy and at arm's length from their real lives, now both have serious relations with other woman and they can't be that bothered anymore. It's quite telling that this year Potty will arrive ON Christmas day instead of before, so he does not have to be involved in any more advent filming and he can keep his girlfriend out of her vlogs. Even when Potty was dating Tess Hoffman, who at that time still lived in her own chateau nearby, Potty refused to spend Christmas there without SJ and she obviously demanded him to be at the HMN with her.
What does she have on these two fools that they can’t get her out of their lives? Very weird set up indeed.

Reactions: 18
Somehow, Snorts just doesn’t seem to fit in this group…can you imagine adding his picture to the collage? 😆

View attachment 906274View attachment 906275
I think he is handsome, though I prefer my men to have short hair and muscles. But I found this to be a new trend among young people so what do I know. Can't blame him to be young and unexperienced I was there, too. He speaks several languages, can sing and play piano so that's a plus and he really is very polite and kind. The snorting is annoying though, Steph is a saint to endure it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
He was in the Guards.It was mentioned way back when I was in Brenda Gibbon's Facebook group before she fell out with the Pethericks.
Yes, he was in in one of the mounted divisions. He and Sadie were both equestrians and competed in local gymkhanas. I think Teabag had an entirely different take on "being mounted" and looked elsewhere for his sport.
I think the photograph of him was on Sherrie's FB page, which is no longer accessible.

• Haha
  • Heart
I think he is handsome, though I prefer my men to have short hair and muscles. But I found this to be a new trend among young people so what do I know. Can't blame him to be young and unexperienced I was there, too. He speaks several languages, can sing and play piano so that's a plus and he really is very polite and kind. The snorting is annoying though, Steph is a saint to endure it.
BIB
Handsome! The beanie? This beak?
19072445-E781-45E8-8327-5DAC96D3EDD6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
no to derail but
the weird thing is that I even studied psychology in children (also adults, also diagnostics etc), but saw only level 2 in real life and suspected that some adults might be level 1 but I knew only about oldfasioned white male criteria, then maybe a year ago I saw great video

and that feeling you get that you know it might be you if... and my if were no speech delays, no intellectual delays (on the contrary), and since we were discussing Hanny and Davy and I am honestly not like that, you would never know if you see me, I can mask as there is no tomorrow, I look and have sarcastic humor more like Kat, always smiling etc. but then everything else
my mother was a kindergarten director and we met during the summer with another director whose grandchild is level 2-3 and they were discussing it, so I asked them (as bluntly as I could) that I suspect that I can be on the spectrum and they both said no (almost like "common, you?")
I recognized it this summer in my friends child (possibly level 2) and my brothers kid (one of the twins (level 1)) crazy is that they are the same age (3.5 yrs) but they behave very differently, my brothers kid is an observer, he loves movement, I immediately knew that he sees the world through different eyes, so I again went down the rabbit hole and researched the * out of it and I arrived, home, where my aliens live 💜 hidden in the plain sight
obviously so many things make sense now, and I am laughing on why we offend NTs with the best intentions

btw that I can tell what people are feeling and thinking was also something what i thought was against this diagnosis, but then when I thought about it, I can tell because I learned to recognize it, also growing up, I have always NT friend who was like a translator of human reactions for me, I always wondered why I do not get certain things (shall I say people's emotions but was hyperempathetic the same time), so I can see it between them but not towards me I think, either way it takes a lot of energy bc it is like a analysis, synthesis, details, categories, focus in a speed of light
(sometimes I am totally oblivious, also super blunt and stuff I can tell people...but you know it is a fact, which reminds me of Davy stating out loud what everyone was thinking)
Any chance you could supply actual research papers rather than the usual you tube stuff. Thanks

Reactions: 3
Four days in and the CD Vlogvent Calendar is dire. All that fuss for what? Admittedly, the segment at the Provençal nativity figure making place was interesting, and could easily have been left at that without the tedious unwrapping of purchases back at Grifting HQ. How many nativity scenes will there be, I wonder? Not that I'm interested!

Another 20 days of mindless drivel, squeals of delight, snorts galore and content regurgitated from last year and the year before. The first year was quite entertaining because it was new and different, plus it benefitted enormously from the dynamic between SJ and Teabag - as unlikeable as he is, he does at least have an ounce of two of personality. Last year was desperate, trying to replicate what had gone before.

Philip is a Class 1, premier league prissy twerp. His omnipresence is like nails on a blackboard. As for his Y/T channel, words fail. The Unrenaissance Boy knows diddly squat about setting tables but thinks he's the arbiter of taste and savour faire because he's read up on it (but gets it wrong) and has acquired some cruddy china, cutlery and glass. All the stuff he's brought into the uninhabitable farmhouse probably makes him think he has squatter's rights. Having his feet firmly under the table - or toasty warm in the chatelaine's bed - doesn't make for security of tenure. I hope he has the phone number of a removal firm, come the moment the Great Romance bites the dust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Any chance you could supply actual research papers rather than the usual you tube stuff. Thanks
I said that I came across this video which made me think... not that this is in some way a research paper

but if you are interested give me your email

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, he was in in one of the mounted divisions. He and Sadie were both equestrians and competed in local gymkhanas. I think Teabag had an entirely different take on "being mounted" and looked elsewhere for his sport.
I think the photograph of him was on Sherrie's FB page, which is no longer accessible.
Ohhh what happened between BG and the Pethericks? Or which thread should I go read?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes there had to be candles, wonky ones, obviously to underline his fabulous trick from last time really doesn't work when it's executed. by a moron.
Singularly lacking in style, taste, finesse and originality .
Please feel free to watch any episode of Quintessence ( as often mentioned here Susanna Salk on YouTube is excellent) for eclecticism in sourcing table adornment. If Snorty imagines he has any future as a stylist he’s as deluded as his Dutch brother in seduction Mr Duin, lover of Tatyana.
Here is how to do blue Sonny !
DB3016B2-2FC6-42AA-9646-31F099453792.jpeg
DD4A6844-E914-454C-80FE-8478776AAE8F.jpeg

• Heart
What a jolt of reality when the “free” money stops rolling in.
No guest @Nuttie
No Christmas 🎅 cards 🃏
( if you bought the stamps or printed the cards you’d show US … to tell us the costs)
No media management - video dosent work !!!!! They paid for it 😍

What ARE ye doing ???

Oh yes nothing as usual …😎

😂
I am also unable to watch this video

2d
😂😂
I am getting “Sorry, this video does not exist”. Odd because I watched it when it was first released, but not since. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!
😂😂

Hi Stephanie could you please repost this on the you tube format as it’s saying the Vimeo file doesn’t exist and I’d love to be able to view this. Thankyou 😊
😂😂
Can you reupload the video. It keeps showing the “doesn’t exist” message.
😂😂

Still unable to watch. Unsure why Stephanie has not responded, very frustrating, and frankly unfair to loyal patrons.
🤣🤣

Any idea why this video is not available on the Patreon App?
14h
😂😂

Seriously 😒
Down on numbers …. 2022 will see the steady and concerted fall of the monies

Being ingored despite running the gauntlet of posting their concerns 🤢

Support consort being thrust in their faces … it’s NOT 3500 ppl who are jointly delighted for her …
it was less than 1/3 … 🤢

Nothing NEW for advent …
rehash … reuse … same story 🤢

Better still
Inability to read the room deleted messages in relation to the financials for the last 16 months
With no progress ON ANY one ☝ fixed project …
eye rolls that its France 🇫🇷
won’t work

Latest gossip
No new patrons …
but a flurry of comments that boarder fantastic life long friends and admiration ….

Those chosen as example ….
Our Belief is there an inside job

That’s written as if English isn’t first language… !!!!!

This is a diamond 💍
Davey never looks happy, always the grumpy one.cheer up love,nay never happen.

22h

Would you like someone to say that about you? I think that he is just a little shy and a bit reserved. He has absolutely begun to smile more as he becomes more relaxed on camera. Plus, maybe things aren't that easy for him? Why criticize? Aren't their enough exuberant people on the set?

6h

Stop being a snow flake, patreons are allowed to give opinions be it good or bad. And him looking grumpy is my opinion.so stop clutching your pearls and take it for what it is......an opinion

Interested to hear what you 💭

Hmmm. I think if I were Stephanie I might have a private conversation with Dan and Matt because neither of them look all in. Both of them are knowledgeable and practical and have hands on experience; I would want to know what their reservations are. Davy has a lot of botanical, historical and design knowledge (as well as being a sweetie!) but I am unclear how practical he is with the actual costs, both installation and maintenance. Matt obviously felt that he was way off on his estimate of how much topsoil it would take. If Stephanie has an installation estimate even for this stage, she hasn't mentioned it. The upkeep of these gardens are a very significant financial commitment for decades to come (which is probably why the gardens that must once have been there are gone.) Some of the gardens in Davy's design are central to the look of the chateau, such as the front courtyard and back garden off the terrace but others seem more like nice-to-haves, like this garden and the amphitheater. The English garden sounds peaceful and charming but so is the low maintenance woodland walk which is only steps away. And is the amphitheater redundant with other gathering places - the pergola, the back terrace, the planned pavilion at the lake or the eventual pool area? The reality is that long-term the number of patrons are apt to drop as people return post-pandemic to other interests. I guess my real concern is that this enormous garden design is installed but then is too expensive to maintain, or requires employees that can't be found in a rural area. It would be sad to overbuild the chateau so it becomes unsustainable. (I'm sorry - I don't want to be negative but I am incurably practical and these thoughts have been worrying me!)

2d

Davy doesn't seem to participate in any physical work - I would have thought with all his plans he would be very hands on - like when the trees were delivered. We must remember that Nick, Matt & Dan do this for a living they know what really works and what is a achievable in a designers brief. Like Elisabeth I don't want to be negative - but you see all these gardening programmes with the likes of Monty Don, Charlie, the Rich brothers and they are hands on.

19h

Davey is more of a visionary. He "sees" lovely things but I was a bit concerned when I heard about an ampitheater. That sounds very grand but is it realistic? Also, just because you can do something (English garden) does it mean you should do it? Maybe, after other less (possibly) fragile things than gardens are finished ( like the steps of the back terrace...) this beautiful idea could be revisited.

😈😈🎅😈😈
It’s the season to be tattled …😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Who eats peasant food like that these days, huh, Philip? :rolleyes: What a load of superfluousness for pumpkin soup and garlic bread!

View attachment 906209

Normal people's soup and bread lunch. ;)

View attachment 906220
sorry Snorty: being matchy-matchy when you can plunder your rich girldfriend's extensive porcelain collection is no great skill/talent, real talent is e.g. being able to juxtapose your girlfriend's favourite porcelain colour scheme with small touches of complementary colours, or play with layering. And the shade MP was throwing: no tea strainer Philip? and putting an emphasis on his silver-plated cutlery (subtitle: instead of sterling silver).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The poor beggar is too scared to learn to drive a car, so I’d find it hard to imagine he’d be brave enough to take on a horse !

• Haha
Reactions: 16
SquirrelNutkins has a new slog about setting a blue and white table. It's bee-you-tee-full! Napkins match the curtains, He bought the glassware second hand 😯 and when he returned the next week, they had the completer set! Snort! Snort! Of course there have to be candles, though it's a lunch in the afternoon. Creep doesn't know anything.
Didn't take his own advice though, candles were not straight!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Stephanie, is that you? You’re no saint of endurance my dear.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I said that I came across this video which made me think... not that this is in some way a research paper

but if you are interested give me your email
just a link here is more than enough. I’m always happy to read a peer reviewed paper, especially a recommended piece. I’m sure with your background you must have lots of links you share.

Reactions: 2
Maybe she said that to deter stalkers (if she has any) cos some of the exact same buildings behind are also in Howarth. I recall her saying Jill’s house was nearly by in Oxenhope when she was moving in in one of her vlogs.
Ah yes Sophie, I think you're right, shes being deliberately vague to deter stalkers as you say. On Incabella',s Instagram (Nichola Taylor) she mentions she is house sitting for a dear friend till their apartment is ready. The picture which you can spin 360° on the Instagram is the house Marie is showing on her Instagram. Is it Jill's house? Maybe she is living with Jill but playing safe by disguising the location. I wouldn't blame her. More detective work needed. I'm visiting my brother in Haworth next Saturday to take Christmas presents ,first time back there for 2 years. I'll have a little look round the back of Cobbles and Clay and take a photo if I can.

Attachments

• Heart
Really Desiree???
Comments from BJJ's latest...

Nico Eeek.

5 hours ago
Phillip your parents and your grand parents must be so proud of you!! Love that you are making these! Wow, just beautiful setting. The top soup bowls are so pretty!

Desiree Smeets
4 hours ago
Yes,, we are very proud of him!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.