The Chateau Diaries #91 It's really time for a revolution and most of all for guillotines

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I wonder...after all the talk of working on the advent vlogs, I'm not impressed. I was expecting something with a bit of work actually put into it and not something filmed months ago on holiday. Ollie creeps me out for some reason that I can't quite pinpoint..
If the first two are anything to go by the rest are going to be dreadful. I expected so much more with this being her 3rd year of doing them. I watched at double speed and fast forwarded them to try and find an interesting bit. Very very poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
As a nurse I could talk S…it all day long! I must say I have lost my appetite for a Yuletide log.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I am almost tempted to watch Sadie's advent vlog to see if it's any better. I said almost.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Electrician Ian just stayed over at Manor and Maker's. He's sailing his catamaran in the Med next summer and planning his birthday party on Majorca in May. Stephanie and Philip have accepted an invitation, so we might get to see Snorts in his dormouse smugglers.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
OMG ..... I wake up and there is pooing everywhere on the Advent vlog ... tell me ... was it a Full Moon last night???

What fascinated me was Tracing Oliver ..... who wears a jacket - and a light one at that ---- while cooking chocolate rolls???

Morning All !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes, I wonder...after all the talk of working on the advent vlogs, I'm not impressed. I was expecting something with a bit of work actually put into it and not something filmed months ago on holiday.

It's only day TWO! I'm so glad they pre-filmed things as I'm hoping we won't be getting filmings day after day from the cramped corner of a chateau bedroom. I'm sure they have a variety of vlogs set up , some from travels and some from the chateau. We will surely be getting a tree decorating vlog for one of the hundred Christmas trees they are putting up! 🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

Edit: I have not seen today's advent vlog but I guess I need to prepare myself ...

Reactions: 18
Well just watched Manor and Maker’s new vlog. Electrician Ian made an appearance. Was invited for dinner with some other people they met at Lalande but they did not say who. Interesting. Ian stayed overnight. I thought that was better than previous vlogs.
@ggyahoo just noticed your post!

Reactions: 17
Ollie creeps me out for some reason that I can't quite pinpoint..
With you there ..... he is crawling but in a different style to the old Teabag Spiv .
I would never trust either of them .

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's only day TWO! I'm so glad they pre-filmed things as I'm hoping we won't be getting filmings day after day from the cramped corner of a chateau bedroom. I'm sure they have a variety of vlogs set up , some from travels and some from the chateau. We will surely be getting a tree decorating vlog for one of the hundred Christmas trees they are putting up! 🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

Edit: I have not seen today's advent vlog but I guess I need to prepare myself ...
I know....and I should know better than to get my hopes up, though I suppose thanks are due for them introducing me to the Catalan pooping man & the Christmas pooping log..lol.

I am almost tempted to watch Sadie's advent vlog to see if it's any better. I said almost.
Oh go on...you know you want to... 😝

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We're in a for a festive Advent treat for sure.
Undoubtedly a guide to showing off your baubles to best effect, but the one I'm really looking forward to, is the how to lay a dining table ( again).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Don't bother it is just Sadie and Ma Sherrie playing with balls baubles, making christmas decorations... some pretty, some atrocious...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I know some have complained about the intro to the 'Christmas ADVENT-ures in Vomit & Poo', but I suspect Dan's hands were tied and he been heavily directed by SJ about what to include.
We expected, and I'm sure he did too, wonderful drone shots all around the shitoo, but I don't think he's been able to show the front of the shitoo because they courtyard is 'off limits'. The intro was filmed after they returned from London following the first frost/snow and you can just sneak a peek of the wooden structure around the fountain.
Dan likely had other shots, but now that her relationship with Squirrelboy is official, SJ decided to put that them as a centrepiece in the Advent intro and cut out pictures of anyone else. It's all about the King and Queen of Lalande this Christmas.

• Sick
Reactions: 27
Don't bother it is just Sadie and Ma Sherrie playing with balls baubles, making christmas decorations... some pretty, some atrocious...
Did you catch the bit on day one where she said the fabric she was wrapping around the base of the tree was her dog's pee mat the previous year and that it should be ok this year?? Also, she has a moan about needles dropping off the tree...the stand she has the tree in doesn't look to have a water reservoir so she's in store for many more needles dropping before xmas gets here. I only watched the first day...after seeing what she hung on her tree I used my imagination for the one where they're making ornaments.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm getting bad vibes that there may be a Christmas marriage proposal and can just see their rings...
1638485899554.png
1638486059155.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
We have a Mr Hankey Christmas tree decoration. 😂
Howdy Ho! :ROFLMAO: I collect vintage Christmas stuff, my newest ornaments are from the 60's (except for some German Christmas pickle ornaments) but I would totally make an exception for a Mr. Hankey ornament.

I wonder if there's going to be an ornament making episode in the advent series..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think I’m cured of any lingering hopes of getting back to the old vlogs of La Lande et al. I had a YouTube binge tonight and not once was I remotely temped to watch CD. Caught up with Dan, Lalacelle and La Ferte and had no desire for any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Oh go on...you know you want to
I admit I watched it. She and Sherrie made decorations for the tree at Ernest's kindergarten. It wasn't as bad as SJ's. In the previous one, they decorated a tree in her house. Sadie is very good with Ernest, she is quite natural with him and encourages him to speak. However annoying that family have been, without Michael, Ryan, etc., there is no fake jollity and none of the utter madness that you get at LL. They seem to get on with each other. They haven't got much taste and they lack SJ's Oxford education but they are considerably more natural and for all her education, SJ lacks taste and decency. I agree that Billy is much nicer without Ryan etc., and he seems sensible and looks good. Never thought I'd speak up for the Pethericks!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Howdy Ho! :ROFLMAO: I collect vintage Christmas stuff, my newest ornaments are from the 60's (except for some German Christmas pickle ornaments) but I would totally make an exception for a Mr. Hankey ornament.

I wonder if there's going to be an ornament making episode in the advent series..
Hoooowdy Ho! (Who you calling a 'ho?) Most of my Christmas decorations are old, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.