The Chateau Diaries #90 They have no freaking idea what they're doing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The main reason that the American Health Care System ranks so low in comparison to other wealthy Countries is the wealth gap. They rank low in providing prenatal care to women. The infant mortality rate is closer to a third world country. Mainly because of the economic disparity. This has been a dirty secret for decades. (Studied this in Nursing School) Even if you can afford medical insurance it is not created equally. As @nastynan13 stated her insurance provider looked to disqualify her not to provide the service she was paying for. The wealthy are able to choose the best Dr’s, the best Hospitals that have cutting edge treatments. Therefore they are able to tap into state of the art testing and care. The wealthy Canadians do not bother to use the healthcare system they head to institutions such as the Mayo clinic where they undergo multi system investigation. Complete work ups! This does not happen anymore here in Canada. You receive care when you present with a problem.
Unfortunately in the US a medical emergency can absolutely bankrupt people. For now at least this does not happen in Canada however there is a movement to move towards a system like the US. A tiered system where the wealthy have the ability to jump to head of the line. Our healthcare is managed by the individual provincial governments so there is already some disparity between have and have not provinces. They restrict the numbers of Physicians that are allowed to practice so they are able to control the salary and can budget somewhat how much this will cost. They have also cut some of the routine medical testing to reduce costs. So much for preventative healthcare. They also restrict the number of nurses, lab techs on & on even though there is a need to reduce wait times.
We also have a shortage of Physicians. Family Physicians are retiring in large numbers therefore leaving many on wait lists. Many are on these lists for more than five years! New Dr’s are not taking patients which they deem to have too many health issues or are older. They prefer to have younger patients and young families.
We have to have private insurance for our medications, eye care, and dental care. Sometimes they as well look to disqualify certain treatments. For instance a crown is considered a cosmetic procedure.
Touched a nerve as I am passionate that healthcare should be a human right and should be fairly available to everyone.
Still I am thankful that I am not in the US.
I appreciate your passion and feel the same way. Another thing that makes US based health care so bad is that it is a for-profit system with insurance agencies dictating what is and what isn't covered, sometimes AFTER you have already paid an outrageous deductible. It's capitalism over all here and it's going to bite them in the ass eventually as doctors & nurses are so burnt out that they're leaving the profession in droves. One recent study stated they're jumping ship at four times the rate than prior to the pandemic. It's a giant mess. One of the reasons I started watching CD was because it's based in France and I'd contemplated moving there at some point because the houses are affordable and the health care is decent.

do you think she has a Daddy kink??

EWWWWW i am so, deeply sorry for typing that. and making you read it
Now that you mention it...I have to go bleach my brain. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Electrician Ian is also a sailor who owns his own boat so that's big tick from me. But sadly I think he might still fancy SJ to keep coming back. I thought perhaps he has returned to the HMN to wire up the giant tree in the courtyard, but maybe he is sofa surfing after laying up his boat in the marina.
I get gay vibes from him :unsure: I've always thought he comes to party and he's tolerated because he's useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I appreciate your passion and feel the same way. Another thing that makes US based health care so bad is that it is a for-profit system with insurance agencies dictating what is and what isn't covered, sometimes AFTER you have already paid an outrageous deductible. It's capitalism over all here and it's going to bite them in the ass eventually as doctors & nurses are so burnt out that they're leaving the profession in droves. One recent study stated they're jumping ship at four times the rate than prior to the pandemic. It's a giant mess. One of the reasons I started watching CD was because it's based in France and I'd contemplated moving there at some point because the houses are affordable and the health care is decent.

Now that you mention it...I have to go bleach my brain. 😂
There are people moving to Honduras, Costa Rica, etc. as well just to have some quality of life and good medical care. I interviewed hundreds of people before the aca passed and it nearly killed me. It’s outrageous.

Reactions: 6
Biffy throws some shade on Teabeg on today's video :sneaky:
@4:54
the
Is this his business plan? 🤔Oh my... In the best case the 7 apartments pay for themselves, not for all the extra empty buildings. And there is not even feed and taxes considered, certainly not any repairs and upkeep or God forbid tenants who suddenly decide not to pay rent but destroy your property.

Reactions: 11
Re. Billy.

When he's on his own, with his partner and his kids, his parents, he's an OK guy. Mature and responsible.

When he's with Ryan le Fou, Edd Lagorce or his brother... he becomes a different man- and not for the better.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Very glad to hear that! Unfortunately in my province the homeless numbers are climbing. Rents are going up exponentially that even working people cannot afford the increases. Affordable almost nonexistent. We are experiencing an influx of retirees from provinces coming home after working for decades elsewhere. They are flush with pensions. In comparison from where they have moved from the rents and houses for sale are a bargain. We are having bidding wars for real estate unheard of before. Properties are going for way over asking price. Our salaries have been traditionally lower here hence why many chose and continue to choose to leave for much greener pastures. Many people sold their homes to cash in on this and were left with very few options to purchase. If you are a single person for instance everything is predicated on two incomes I know we are not alone in this. If a tragedy many are one step to homelessness & no there is not enough to fill the need. There are large encampments of the homeless that have popped up over the last 10 years. It is truly horrifying.
Imagine that Bezos could wipe out world poverty and still live a comfortable life.
Did you work on policy at the Federal level or provincial! I so wish that we could see a change to the positive here.

When I was in Edmonton, Alberta for business in October, I met with a guy who runs a local Christian homeless shelter/soup kitchen in the city's Chinatown. He was looking for corporate sponsors, so he took me to the shelter one afternoon to see what they do. Lined up outside their building were men and women, mostly in their 30s and 40s, waiting for their turn for lunch. I sat with some of them at lunch and was surprised by what I learned. None of the people I sat with are beyond work---they just choose not to work despite the hundreds of job availabilities across the city, info of which are posted on the shelter's bulletin boards. In contrast, I met an Ethiopian immigrant who works 9 hours a day at the food court at the West Edmonton Mall, drives a pre-owned car, rents an apartment, sends money back home, and is saving up for a downpayment to buy his own condo. I told him about the shelter I visited that afternoon. "In this country, if you're hungry and homeless, it's your fault," his words, not mine.

Meanwhile, there's a madwoman in Crozon-sur-Vauvre, France who gets $32,000+ per month on donation to splurge away at her heart's content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
ok now I'm starting to feel sad for them. its just so, so embarrassing and cringey all of this. usually people like them don't have youtube channels or high falooting charlatans to breed more delusion... they usually just go to their nerd fests and live in peace without being opened up to so much judgement. has my heart of ice started to melt?😆
I do feel sorry too, but I think I feel more sorry for Selmar. Looking at Titania's past social media entries, she claims to have been such a design influencer that a leading magazine photographed her home. I think she is either a fantasist or a con woman. We know she has been a fan of CD, and I think she decided to woo Selmar to get his "money" and "influence" to buy a chateau .
I think they both might have some property, which will give them a good profit, depending on what they still owe on them.
Selmar being 53 may have paid his mortgage off, Titania may be able to get 7 or £800,000 for her place, but we don't know what she owes. She has been bankrupt.
They may be sitting on the money for the chateau and hoping for money for the events They will pump the money in before the closing date to keep the residue. I don't think the owner would have accepted their offer without the cash in place.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She IS 50. Her 50th Birthday was bot long ago - there was a video of a party for her.

It's HEAR, HEAR. Like, 'I heard what you said and I agree and let's call it from the rooftops'. Not 'here', as in 'position', ffs.
You are right, @Taffy250! Apologies for distressing you...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes. That's the place I saw on Google Maps. It is huge.

PS : Billy is loaded : he just bought a Mercedes SL for his brother (who has never used it of course)... Just like that.
that thing is 17 years old...and teabeg is never gonna drive..ok i was wrong..they dont intend to sell the chateau...for now..he says those 7 appartments will pay for the place itself...pardon...no bleeping way.....what will the rent be..something about 3000 euros a month..i think its less..they need updating..one and two bedroomflats...he has a cheecky grin on his face...i think they are under offer...
I am very curious if this is a listed building..does he realize this place needs a huge ammount of money to renovate..they dont even renovate their atticrooms..or the downstairs kitchen..because they are just too lazy...all they do is buy..and when they have bought it the fun is over..

he surely reads here..

Btw Billy clean your gate..and put a fence around your property before you think you can catch people coming in with your camera...oh and there are also a few potholes to fill...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Very glad to hear that! Unfortunately in my province the homeless numbers are climbing. Rents are going up exponentially that even working people cannot afford the increases. Affordable almost nonexistent. We are experiencing an influx of retirees from provinces coming home after working for decades elsewhere. They are flush with pensions. In comparison from where they have moved from the rents and houses for sale are a bargain. We are having bidding wars for real estate unheard of before. Properties are going for way over asking price. Our salaries have been traditionally lower here hence why many chose and continue to choose to leave for much greener pastures. Many people sold their homes to cash in on this and were left with very few options to purchase. If you are a single person for instance everything is predicated on two incomes I know we are not alone in this. If a tragedy many are one step to homelessness & no there is not enough to fill the need. There are large encampments of the homeless that have popped up over the last 10 years. It is truly horrifying.
Imagine that Bezos could wipe out world poverty and still live a comfortable life.
Did you work on policy at the Federal level or provincial! I so wish that we could see a change to the positive here.
Sorry to butt in as I'm not who you were replying to, but we're having the same sort of thing happening here with housing and homelessness. Had I not bought my house 20 years ago, I couldn't afford to rent in my neighborhood. A house needing a ton of work sold two doors down from my mum for over asking price. People who have money are buying up what they can and often times renting them out. DC is weighing whether to keep removing homeless camps before the holidays...meanwhile, there's about 8 million square feet of empty office space sitting idle in the District. The hoops the homeless have to jump through to go to shelters means many prefer to sleep rough. The system is so badly broken and I agree, it is truly horrifying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Biffy throws some shade on Teabeg on today's video :sneaky:
@4:54
Drag her,
Read her,
Slay her,
Sipping on that truth tea….

Seems like when the cat’s away the chauffeur mice like to play. They’re all a bunch of witches. If it’s not sinking their claws into poor Alexander and his gross slippers it’s Metherick whilst he’s fondling SJ and Phyllis’s baubles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
She IS 50. Her 50th Birthday was bot long ago - there was a video of a party for her.

It's HEAR, HEAR. Like, 'I heard what you said and I agree and let's call it from the rooftops'. Not 'here', as in 'position', ffs.
She's 46. Go back and read or rewatch.
Oh great...the bleeping language police have arrived. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
He (Billy) said he bought it from a friend to entice Methy to get his driver's license!
Is it just me that thinks billy is looking hot at the moment he looks as if he has slimmed down a bit his face looks thinner

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.