The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read his newspaper article (not in English), he was writing about something else, but I knew of him from another medium. Seems like a lovely guy, I hope the future is brighter for them both... very sad about the poor dog.

Reactions: 3
I thought Yvonne was unpaid as well. Seems to be a general theme.

Reactions: 8
Has someone been telling porkies about the internet ? This has been advertised since 2016. Fancy hiring the whole chateau complete with a few servants? We could have a tattle party 🥺😂
"Not Handicap Accessible" Why am I not surprised...?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Here’s a little flashback story of when SJ‘’s beloved chateau was on fire (true story) but she could not bother to come back from her Venice trip because she needed to show off her new Venetian crown where she spend her last 300 pounds on.
[/QUOTE]
Where was the fire?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Here’s a little flashback story of when SJ‘’s beloved chateau was on fire (true story) but she could not bother to come back from her Venice trip because she needed to show off her new Venetian crown where she spend her last 300 pounds on.
Where was the fire?

[/QUOTE]

I think the expression “fur coat and no knickers” has been used before on here to describe SJ’s approach to chateau renovation. I guess “Venetian crown while the place burns down” is just a new angle on this? Lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Has someone been telling porkies about the internet ? This has been advertised since 2016. Fancy hiring the whole chateau complete with a few servants? We could have a tattle party 🥺😂
She was using that site as an exchange....by 'renting out' the chateau she would get keys that would entitle her to luxurious places elsewhere. My friends stayed overnight in a place she got this way in Cape Town in South Africa.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She was using that site as an exchange....by 'renting out' the chateau she would get keys that would entitle her to luxurious places elsewhere. My friends stayed overnight in a place she got this way in Cape Town in South Africa.
Yes and her and Mason went to Finland (or Iceland) on an exchange. When she bought red riding hood cape. Great idea for a big celebration to rent a Chateau with grounds for kids.

• Haha
  • Heart
Looks like Philip is sticking around too and will be there next year too at Christmas. He is truly her lapdog. On camera always agreeable and helping her and smiling and helping her with anything she wants. I wonder is he so agreeable off camera and willing to help.
Seems like he's gotten what he wanted at least till next year she's keeping him around.
I think it's because he is so willing to do whatever she asks and then she'll throw him aside. He'll learn the truth eventually that Stephanie is only using him
Phil will stay as long there is lockdown and restaurants don't open. He has no other job he could do. This way he has food and accommodation and SJ will probably write him a super letter of recommendation stating that he worked as a junior senior assistant to chief management

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Where was the fire?

[/QUOTE]
The fire was outside the guardians house, where my friends lived and where Nic and Marie are settling in now. Outside that house are the main connections for all things electrical in the chateau. The whole thing burned down in January 2017 because of bad maintenance and instead of getting it fixed instantly she left things unattended for more than a year later, with only temporary fixes made by the firemen and a sign 'danger de mort', danger of dying, regardless of lived there she couldn't be bothered.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Sorry Claire I am intrigued by the fire. I thought the Pethericks with their rule of no real candles was a sound one. Remember SJ only got fire extinguishers in October (need to check my vlog index) aftercan inspection. You now see them quite clearly in Grand salon and kitchen.

Reactions: 12
Yes and her and Mason went to Finland (or Iceland) on an exchange. When she bought red riding hood cape. Great idea for a big celebration to rent a Chateau with grounds for kids.
Mason is something else too. They used to be dating, but he broke up with here years ago, by email while his family (dad, brother and sister) where staying at the chateau. She was heartbroken, obviously.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Someone mentioned they didn’t have money - but they must have assets! SJ has a flat in London - vlog with MP when they went Christmas shopping - full of cobwebs because hardly used. Her mother also has property ‘London area’ mentioned on other vlogs. Plus the fabulous beach house in South Africa! If SJ sold or rented her London flat she could pay for all the impending refurbishment of the chateau without any Patreon money! It must be worth a lot of money, why has no one questioned her on this ... or are they too besotted to ask her such impertinent questions?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I can't really help out with where the "fortune" comes from. Isabelle would want you to believe it's all from hard work an intense labour of her and her husband, but there's definitely some in her French family too. Apparently when Derek (SJ father) dies they lost a lot of their business capital. SJ might like to portray a past of money and wealth but really, there's not much there, I believe. Not poor, I should add, but not the wealth one would think.
Might this not be part of the manipulation of your friends? Pretend to not have any ready cash to pay them so they stay on as volunteers for years?

They might not be mega rich enough to have gutted the chateau and renovated it properly but they definitely have enough in terms of investments for SJ to never had had a job and still be able to fund a luxurious lifestyle.

Reactions: 11
And adding to that would be a fair share of pressure from volunteers fed up with cleaning and tidying things up only to find them a mess again shortly afterwards. After all, wasn't spring cleaning Cat's idea in the first place?
Why? They need to work 5 hours a day, that's all. And it's clear from the beginning that they come for this kind of work. Depending of course how they applied. After all this is the fate of any mother to clean and to find it shortly dirty again 😂 Philip of course did not state that he will cook.

• Wow
Mason is something else too. They used to be dating, but he broke up with here years ago, by email while his family (dad, brother and sister) where staying at the chateau. She was heartbroken, obviously.
That is an awful thing to happen to anyone.

Reactions: 10
So 'all fur coat and no knickers' not only sums up SJ but the chateau too ? Lavish fabric for the curtains but the damp in the walls not attended to :mad:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.