The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you change your user name quickly, we won't be able to tell if it's you or Valerie returning to us. ;)

The woman in the middle is not a Petherick, I think that's Gwendoline Mouchel. I have never seen a picture of her looking so heavy. She is not yet Billy's wife yet (according Billy in a recent Chateau Life video) though Sheree has apparently claimed they are legally married.

Billy was good looking too before he gained so much weight. Can you repost the picture of Billy before he got fat and Gwendoline from the last thread? I wanted to repost it to this thread but couldn't figure out how.
Sorry, i should have clarified that the woman in the middle is Gwendoline. Is this the picture you wanted to see? šŸ‘‡

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Stephanie has no interest in any of the animals. She never strokes Diesel or Ruby, just mentions their names for the sake of the viewers. Selmar is the only one who really looks after them. To SJ, they are just more cast members to add to her surrounding subjects.
So true. She hides behind imaginary allergies and sees animals as objects and decoration for her pretended chateau life. The appalling sheep situation, inbreeding before previous guardians finally interfered, each year waiting until it's smoking hot before calling a sheerer, also she would vacation away from the chateau for weeks without leaving money or supplies to take care of these poor animals, submitted to the generosity of volunteers who did care. She finds them adorable when they are young, but never looks back when they grow up.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Stephanie has no interest in any of the animals. She never strokes Diesel or Ruby, just mentions their names for the sake of the viewers. Selmar is the only one who really looks after them. To SJ, they are just more cast members to add to her surrounding subjects.
I think she said in an earlier vlog that she's allergic to cats. Her mother Isabelle is an animal lover. You can tell this from the really concerned and gentle way she fussed over Ruby when she had an injured leg

Reactions: 6
I think she said in an earlier vlog that she's allergic to cats. Her mother Isabelle is an animal lover. You can tell this from the really concerned and gentle way she fussed over Ruby when she had an injured leg
Don't be fooled by the act dear mummy puts on, she pretends to care but then looks the other way when they need additional care or money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So true. She hides behind imaginary allergies and sees animals as objects and decoration for her pretended chateau life. The appalling sheep situation, inbreeding before previous guardians finally interfered, each year waiting until it's smoking hot before calling a sheerer, also she would vacation away from the chateau for weeks without leaving money or supplies to take care of these poor animals, submitted to the generosity of volunteers who did care. She finds them adorable when they are young, but never looks back when they grow up.
Don't be fooled by the act dear mummy puts on, she pretends to care but then looks the other way when they need additional care or money.
Hmm, sounds like an insider writing here or trying to sound like one šŸ¤”

• Heart
Reactions: 12
ā€˜Realā€™ TV, production crew, slick marketing. It was on this show that SJ and MP got a bit of a public profile (DIY version of their show)

https://thechateau.tv/
jj, I know them and their show (from there I know the trotters and SJ, btw love FIONA), but I was wondering if they got any backlash so they had to clean up social media or some other major dirt

Hmm, sounds like an insider writing here or trying to sound like one šŸ¤”
If visiting the chateau when my friends lived there (they were her guardians for three years, their words, I would call it slavery) and listening to their many enthusiastic stories make me an insider, then sure.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I think Selmar might be a time traveler...

View attachment 377533

And her uncle (?) reminds me of someone else...
Michael Potts timetravelled too.
Letā€™s see if it is the end of the world if my 5 Euro for patreon arrive in 4 months latešŸ™„

SJ is on record ā€œno weddings at Lalandeā€. Obviously he mother and Percy were an exception. But all of the other chateaux owners with Dick and Angel at the top, all say weddings are about the only way to stay solvent. Can anyone imagine SJ allowing someone else to be Queen?!?!
She would be on each single wedding pic. Next to the husbandšŸ˜Ž

If visiting the chateau when my friends lived there (they were her guardians for three years, their words, I would call it slavery) and listening to their many enthusiastic stories make me an insider, then sure.
What? Tell me more ā˜ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 13
jj, I know them and their show (from there I know the trotters and SJ, btw love FIONA), but I was wondering if they got any backlash so they had to clean up social media or some other major dirt
Sorry, I misunderstood. I was clumsily trying to make the point that the Strawbridges media profile(s) have been cultivated from the start Iā€™d imagine.

Reactions: 8
SJ is on record ā€œno weddings at Lalandeā€. Obviously he mother and Percy were an exception. But all of the other chateaux owners with Dick and Angel at the top, all say weddings are about the only way to stay solvent. Can anyone imagine SJ allowing someone else to be Queen?!?!
She would be on each single wedding pic. Next to the husbandšŸ˜Ž

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Clara, we would all be very interested to know more, but if this is your real name, I would advise you to use a Nom de Plume on this thread.

The superfans are mad as Bacchus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry, I misunderstood. I was clumsily trying to make the point that the Strawbridges media profile(s) have been cultivated from the start Iā€™d imagine.
She is just not that determined. It's difficult to work diligently when there's always a party coming up. If her goal would have been to become rich she would have gone to business school not opera school.
Also she likes to travel, you can't run a business and close it for so many weeks a year. Also you need invest money instead spending it. I don't blame her since I travel a lot myself, but I certainly had to make sacrifices. One part being that after years of travel there is nothing to show for besides some pictures and people can be judgemental if you don't have the right house, car, boat, horse,... Though she has a chĆ¢teau šŸ¤£

Scotsman looks a bit like Midge Ure of Ultravox fame.
When he was youngeršŸ˜Š

I just finished both SJ & MP videos and I'm so relieved that Christmas is over. I couldn't believe how happy I was to hear the regular ol' "I'm Stephanie" theme song. I did a little comfort wiggle down into my chair. (I know, I know. My dog lies next to me with an audible groan when he hears it too.) I need to do all the things she's about to do and the piles won't be much smaller, so I can't really clutch pearls about it. I've been in the same house with a full basement for 26 years, so there's a lot of things to go through. I do a good job of hiding it, but don't open a closet. I'm just happy my daughter gets less sentimental about the things she left behind as the years go by, so now I can send her photos and the answer is usually "toss it out". I really appreciate the way Stephanie communicates with Selmar and helps him finish sentences he doesn't always have a translation for. She's really lucky to have him because he looks at things like a puzzle to be solved and that house is kind of a puzzle. I also love how SJ addresses Ruby loudly like a non-cat person and Ruby startles, then Selmar does a low sweet voice and Ruby answers "brrrt"šŸ§” I love that smart ginger tom.

MPs video was also a nice change, not too slow moving and still a little boring. Michael was funny. He looks good and the pasty sheen of his 2020 hangover is gone. The puppy is getting real cute, and Tina is a whole goddamn mood, "growling, snoring.." me too, girl. Me too. Keep up that cute animal content Pethericks.
Selmar really is a blessing. I am glad he feels comfortable there and decided to stay. At least things get done. I can't wait to see the loo done. I hope SJ will see then that this the content Fans want to see. The chateau being restored and not a bunch people getting drunk every evening. But since I don't drink at all alcohol I can only guess that being a bit tipsy helps to endure when living in a comune with a bunch of strangers coming and going.

Last edited:
Omg have we been waiting and praying for you to pop by! So many questions....did the Jarvis ā€˜fortuneā€™ come from Granny Farms????

• Haha
I think she is allergic. Ruby left behind by marquis and former caretaker.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.