The Chateau Diaries #8 Nous sommes tous VALERIE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
amazing that Selmar is the one with the need to bring aby jesus to chapel when Sj is alwasy stressing how important is the nativity set for her ....

Do you think the huge clearing out might be a reaction to the previous thread title?
Tbh, the place is filled to the gunnels with stuff nobody needs. I actually cannot believe the sheer volumes of clothes. (Kind of approve of keeping clothes until they’re worn out though. )
without any feeling of self importance, I do believe that everyhting they do now, how they behave, what they chose to show and not show is connected to what is written here in one way or another

our fellow Agents are doing a tremendous job, some sacrificed their own privacy and helped to expose the world of these spoiled OLD INFANTS and most importantly helped to save the sanity of many others who were unknowingly sinking into the nonexistent chateau lake

I'm sorry, what you described meant I would have to be run LIKE A BUSINESS and not like one persons SELF INDULGENT FANTASY LAND where she flirty with other peoples husbands (welcome home!!MP) while doing it off of other peoples MONEY!! OF COURSE she should be booking weddings, giving tours, selling merch, having a small shop and restaurant open on weekends, making herself available (like an attraction) so people will come back... and Marie should set up shop there and have people come around 'OF COURSE ITS WHAT they should be doing.. but THATS WORK - tiring work - involving LONG TERM PLANS- that don't make you famous, or get you fancier hotel rooms, or on TV - its GROWN UP WORK.... something nobody in that house, with the exception of Selmar, is willing to do! ugh they are an annoying bunch of imps
not just other people's money but also other people's time and backs

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think Selmar might be a time traveler...

3.png

And her uncle (?) reminds me of someone else...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
SJ has some Irish heritage herself; I doubt MP having Traveller roots would bother her. There are class differences: she went to Oxford, I don't think MP went to university. At 29, she bought a chateau with friends and at 35, MP owns nothing and is still living in a bedroom in his brother's home. There is also the age difference and the fact that SJ doesn't want kids. Whatever his sexual orientation might be, I think MP wants children someday.
SJ isn't overtly classist to me at all, and when she says something that makes me cringe it's usually more colonialist like "look at the darling pygmies in the jungle on this toile". Plus she's got Bren representing her on social media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just been off checking the various Facebook fan haunts.

It looks like the spring cleaning has started with the on-line realm. Not a “nasty” comment or post to be easily found (by me anyway).

It is all peacocks, hedgehogs and (simply arranged) flowers now!

1610065813305.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm sorry, what you described meant I would have to be run LIKE A BUSINESS and not like one persons SELF INDULGENT FANTASY LAND where she flirty with other peoples husbands (welcome home!!MP) while doing it off of other peoples MONEY!! OF COURSE she should be booking weddings, giving tours, selling merch, having a small shop and restaurant open on weekends, making herself available (like an attraction) so people will come back... and Marie should set up shop there and have people come around 'OF COURSE ITS WHAT they should be doing.. but THATS WORK - tiring work - involving LONG TERM PLANS- that don't make you famous, or get you fancier hotel rooms, or on TV - its GROWN UP WORK.... something nobody in that house, with the exception of Selmar, is willing to do! ugh they are an annoying bunch of imps
The other problem with opening the place up for tours is that the house is not really ‘historic’. Look at her fathers paintings everywhere. Then all the pictures of herself/hedgehogs/peacocks etc., that they’ve had framed and put up. To say nothing of the Brocante odd bodge of furniture all through the house ... sorry Chateau! It’s not Hampton Court or Kensington Palace is it? 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I was watching some older vlogs from early last year and Michael was in them visiting and hanging out with Stephanie.
Just for entertainment I much prefer Michael than Philip. Michael and Stephanie get so giddy with laughter and just have lots of fun together. Would love to see Michael again at the chateau.

Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of the job she has clearing the chateau. At the house meeting sounds like they want to get more organised maybe having tours and that.
I was thinking if the place was properly ran with a manager and it was open to tours and weddings and had its own little cafe where u can buy homemade bread and jams with fruit from their own gardens. There are other castles, manors, chateaus and very fancy hotels that do this.
They should be having lots wedding's booked and a cafe with tables and chairs outside and tours. For a historical home it would have to be very cleared out no junk just beautiful historic furnished rooms. That's what it should be like. Lots of work to get there.
Only problem here: you actually need to like making bread and jams, you need to love entertain strangers coming to your place. You need to like having nervous brides with their mums and mother in laws around. Don't see this with SJ

Looks like Philip is sticking around too and will be there next year too at Christmas. He is truly her lapdog. On camera always agreeable and helping her and smiling and helping her with anything she wants. I wonder is he so agreeable off camera and willing to help.
Seems like he's gotten what he wanted at least till next year she's keeping him around.
I think it's because he is so willing to do whatever she asks and then she'll throw him aside. He'll learn the truth eventually that Stephanie is only using him
Didn't you hear him say in Limoges that the streets are as old as SJ? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I think running a chambre d'hote is hard work enough without dealing with all the drama of putting on weddings or the administrative hassle of running a shop. I would not want to do it.

Vlogging on YT was really a stroke of genius for SJ. If she is smart, she has set her sights on something that generates YT-like income without all the hard graft: cookbooks, wallpaper, wrapping paper, cards, towels, carpets, Christmas music. These are all things that people can buy on a repeat basis. If she plays her cards right--and her brand does not become too damaged by permitting amateurs like Brenda Gibbons or Cbomb run her other social media--SJ could be set up for life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Michael Potts said he has a 9 hour drive till home. Maybe I am aging faster than them, I feel tired just thinking about it, but to drive that long and maybe with snow on the roads for only a couple of days to then decorate a tree? And getting a covid test done before which you can't get at any corner and which needs to be somewhat organised? To see his ex? My husband would not even come, and I would not ask it from him

I think Selmar might be a time traveler...

View attachment 377533

And her uncle (?) reminds me of someone else...
Michael Potts timetravelled too.

• Haha
Looks like she has left Facebook?
Certainly looks like Ms Sadie has either removed her FB profile or has hidden behind privacy settings. The sanitation of CD-related social media continues. This is a direct affront to us here on Tattle. We will be reduced to commenting only on the released videos. I think somebody is taking overall control of the social media space . . . something we identified that needed doing a while ago. They will be ‘locked down’ and controlled in the media space, just like the Strawbridges, before we know it!

• Heart
Michael Potts said he has a 9 hour drive till home. Maybe I am aging faster than them, I feel tired just thinking about it, but to drive that long and maybe with snow on the roads for only a couple of days to then decorate a tree? And getting a covid test done before which you can't get at any corner and which needs to be somewhat organised? To see his ex? My husband would not even come, and I would not ask it from him

Michael Potts timetravelled too.
At least neither of her cousins looks like Mason 😂

• Haha
I was watching some older vlogs from early last year and Michael was in them visiting and hanging out with Stephanie.
Just for entertainment I much prefer Michael than Philip. Michael and Stephanie get so giddy with laughter and just have lots of fun together. Would love to see Michael again at the chateau.

Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of the job she has clearing the chateau. At the house meeting sounds like they want to get more organised maybe having tours and that.
I was thinking if the place was properly ran with a manager and it was open to tours and weddings and had its own little cafe where u can buy homemade bread and jams with fruit from their own gardens. There are other castles, manors, chateaus and very fancy hotels that do this.
They should be having lots wedding's booked and a cafe with tables and chairs outside and tours. For a historical home it would have to be very cleared out no junk just beautiful historic furnished rooms. That's what it should be like. Lots of work to get there.
SJ is on record “no weddings at Lalande”. Obviously he mother and Percy were an exception. But all of the other chateaux owners with Dick and Angel at the top, all say weddings are about the only way to stay solvent. Can anyone imagine SJ allowing someone else to be Queen?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.