The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our Chatelaine will be long gone to Venice that they will be still stuck to their llittle house in Creuse. Being on You Tube or whatever new social media moves we'll see in the future won't last until they are pensioners.
Assuming they'll receive a pension ...

"Walmart version of Elton John," LOL!
Mason could star in horror films (The Nutter in the Woods) ... some serious potential there ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Selmar and Tatty hog the floor, no wonder they need so many ballrooms. It's like they think they were hired for some performance art dance and everyone is forced to watch their weird dance. I think they made it uncomfortable for others.

And what's with the song about scary carrots?

20211101_114227.jpg

20211101_114258.jpg

Indeed, that’s Voldemort as Tess likes to call her, much to Potty’s and SJ's fury. I was actually really looking forward to the bi**h fight between the loverboy’s current and ex, so asked around and was told she was a no show. Apparently to some she is, even if she is there…

I was also told that the not so elusive N, wife Marie and stepson Antoine did not join in the festivities, but can’t be sure. I don’t even know if they are in France at the moment, shame on me!
Any idea why Dana wasn't there?

I wonder if the mini crisis is there was a big girl fight. Next day Tess shows up back at the Shatoe and yells up to Ruthie to come have it out in the courtyard!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hey guys, something I wanted to post now for some time.

as you know, I am all in for jokes, humor, and some funny exchange between us tattlers.

There are a few things that started bothering me a little bit though. I think that we have probably crossed the line between tattling and joking about the chateau people, and actually insulting them for psychological or physical aspects.

A snapshot of a momentarily awkwardly facial expression or body pose can be funny. No doubt.
But we should know better not to judge people for how they look like, their body types,..

what has hurt me quite a little bit was the judging and insulting because of probably existing psychological problems.

i have been and still I am dealing with multiple psy stuff. Mostly family related stuff, and I have been r…d by a family member when I was 6. Went to doctors and counselors, therapy, medics..
I haven’t found my place in this world yet. I never travelled, never had a relationship, was very dependent on my mother, didn’t go outside, have no real social life. And there are chores and work to do at my house, which basically I can’t do. I need to have people doing the renovation of my house and cutting and trimming the green.

Simply because I don’t have the energy to do that or there are days when I just feel not in the mood going outside.
There are dreams that I have, ideas I’d like to work out, but at the end nothing of that ever becomes reality because I can’t.

i know that everyone (and me) is angry about the chateau people begging and grifting for money, treating others like dirt,..

But I think that we could do better. We are tattlers and we uncover. But we should shy away from insulting and judging about their deficiencies of body or mind.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Selmar and Tatty hog the floor, no wonder they need so many ballrooms. It's like they think they were hired for some performance art dance and everyone is forced to watch their weird dance. I think they made it uncomfortable for others.

And what's with the song about scary carrots?

View attachment 841634

View attachment 841636

Any idea why Dana wasn't there?

I wonder if the mini crisis is there was a big girl fight. Next day Tess shows up back at the Shatoe and yells up to Ruthie to come have it out in the courtyard!
Agree the music is so strange makes the dancing completely senseless and Tati’s moves don’t seem to coordinate with Selmar most of the time I had to fast forward as per usual just went on to long

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My favourite books are the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, so funny and I can recognise myself in them 🤣
I love those books. My sister calls me a shopaholic too. I have lost weight in the last year and I have been buying dresses but I don’t wear them because I have to wear scrubs for work. At home I wear T-shirts and jeans because I have dogs that like to cuddle and share their dog hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That was almost 15 minutes of Sillyman and Titty hogging the dance space in front of the camera - excruciatingly awful! There was a hint of rhythm when he danced with Fanny but I think that that the self professed King of Dance and his Queen were a "dance dis-aster darhling!"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Agree the music is so strange makes the dancing completely senseless and Tati’s moves don’t seem to coordinate with Selmar most of the time I had to fast forward as per usual just went on to long
I think there is a copyright issue, Selmar probably used music with open rights to cover up the music they were actually dancing to.
I thought they were fun.

A bit like in RocknRolla:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Selmar latest' vlog !

He put his camera somewhere and left it recording during 20 minutes !

We can see the "crowd" (less guests than I thought) dancing and first of them : Ruth... Not sure she's aware that the world can see her dancing with M. Pott for more than 10 minutes at Lalande.

Oh and you can admire our Chatelaine dancing as well.

I tried to spot Marie and Nic (and Antoine) but no success. They were supposed to be at Lalande for Halloween if memory serves ?
Thanks for that , LaFrancaise123. I don't usually watch Selmar's vlogs as they are so slow.

Reactions: 10

as you know, I am all in for jokes, humor, and some funny exchange between us tattlers.

There are a few things that started bothering me a little bit though. I think that we have probably crossed the line between tattling and joking about the chateau people, and actually insulting them for psychological or physical aspects.

A snapshot of a momentarily awkwardly facial expression or body pose can be funny. No doubt.
But we should know better not to judge people for how they look like, their body types,..

what has hurt me quite a little bit was the judging and insulting because of probably existing psychological problems.

i have been and still I am dealing with multiple psy stuff. Mostly family related stuff, and I have been r…d by a family member when I was 6. Went to doctors and counselors, therapy, medics..
I haven’t found my place in this world yet. I never travelled, never had a relationship, was very dependent on my mother, didn’t go outside, have no real social life. And there are chores and work to do at my house, which basically I can’t do. I need to have people doing the renovation of my house and cutting and trimming the green.

Simply because I don’t have the energy to do that or there are days when I just feel not in the mood going outside.
There are dreams that I have, ideas I’d like to work out, but at the end nothing of that ever becomes reality because I can’t.

i know that everyone (and me) is angry about the chateau people begging and grifting for money, treating others like dirt,..

But I think that we could do better. We are tattlers and we uncover. But we should shy away from insulting and judging about their deficiencies of body or mind.
Thank you for this... truly... it brought tears to my eyes.
I really hope for you and anyone who feels lost in this world, to find their way and their place and their people.

We don't need shared experiences to be nice and understanding of each other's challenges and flaws, all we need is empathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm afraid Dan (and Annalise) can not walk out now at the stage they both are in their (financial) dependency on Lalande.

As someone here noticed, Dan even depends on Lalande and the Chatelaine for his vlogs : his best numbers are for the vlogs filmed at Lalande - or with Amaury (so... Lalande).

Sad and quite risky in a long term IMO.
Hopefully dan gets a job as a chef somewhere...

Were people speculating about her pronunciation of "Aga" beginning of the vlog? I've just listened and she said "auger," which is a woodworking tool for boring holes. I think Amaury had bought it for the secret project.
They said they've rented an aga for the secret project....hmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Wishing you all the best. And I fully agree, I also don't appreciate comments on physical appearance and possible health issues. But poor choices, yes, and we see a lot of those, comments are due, especially if these choices are put on show and money is earned with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I had a super busy weekend... and I'm finally caught up with vlogs and tattle... All except Selmar's... which, come on.. don't make me... ☹

The only thing that I have to mention and if I don't it may suffocate me, is the deep cleaning in the middle of cooking! why o why would someone abandon the main task of preparing food for their 10s of guests, to clean up spice racks?!!!! and then leave the cake half finished... kudos to Tatty for saving her ass! How can she manage to always be late and not complete ANYTHING?

Someone in her comments mentioned she should be checked for ADHD... it's probably not a bad idea...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The Lalande Bonfire...
Who will be there, what will they burn, what will be on the menu, will they use Selmar's camper loo again, will there be fireworks????

This was from last Thursday's, 10/28, CD's live chat.
Neil Hartley @Gerald Grady I hope you're staying in the warm wing? Mummy's apartment? Wish I could be there for bonfire night.

Remember the last bonfire.... early July.
-
1635790593249.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

yeah...very awkward together...little chemistry imo...and...Selmar had little enthusiasm...until...SJ arrived...then the smiles and the touchy-feely came upon him...he’s still smitten with SJ. I must admit...she was cute on the dance floor...no neediness...just doin’ her thing...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
"Walmart version of Elton John," LOL!

I know, right? I was getting annoyed when people got in the way of the movie. I was trying to figure out what movie was playing.
Pirates of the Carribbean.
I was on edge as Selmar carved the pumpkin each time he turned the knife so the blade was facing his hand.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
yep, so needy, showing off the terrible linens, when everybody was busy with the party preparations, not that SJ was any better, unpacking empty heads, that was quite symbolic too.. Amaury's expression was priceless
I absolutely agree! He seemed every inch the child showing off all his "treasures". I find him so very annoying; I wish we could simply beam him back to the 18th century where he seems to want to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
From the comments in Dan’s latest blog saying he’s still alive. Dear commenter, we all know that if SJ was involved, Dan’s body would be wrapped in a rug from Emmaus and stored in the barn for no less than 2 years, after which time, his bird poop covered corpse burrito would finally be laid to rest via vlog, with a shirtless Amaury digging a hole as a thumbnail.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.