The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah...very awkward together...little chemistry imo...and...Selmar had little enthusiasm...until...SJ arrived...then the smiles and the touchy-feely came upon him...he’s still smitten with SJ. I must admit...she was cute on the dance floor...no neediness...just doin’ her thing...
At about 24:49 there seems to be a sharp edit, Selmar is dancing with SJ and then suddenly the screen is full of Tatty and he is dancing with her .... wonder if the chemistry with SJ got too much ....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm afraid Dan (and Annalise) can not walk out now at the stage they both are in their (financial) dependency on Lalande.

As someone here noticed, Dan even depends on Lalande and the Chatelaine for his vlogs : his best numbers are for the vlogs filmed at Lalande - or with Amaury (so... Lalande).

Sad and quite risky in a long term IMO.
I like his blogs on his days off from the stupid chateau when he is doing work at his own place.
I hope cousin Amaury gives Dan a helping hand when he starts on the addition to his house after all the work Dan does on his days off to help Amaury.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
in Scotland it’s called “dooking fur apples” 🎃❤

There’s a few folk on here that think it’s funny to make fun of people with autism. Makes me sick.
There have been lots of comments about Hanni and Davey and speculation that they are likely to be on the Autistic continuum, Others have have disagreed, with comments on behaviours they have observed, but that is making fun of a behaviour and not the ASD spectrum. I cannot recall anyone making fun of what they believe are neuro atypical behaviours per se. Although I believe that Hanni and Davey are probably both high functioning Aspergers, they present very differently.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Well you
There have been lots of comments about Hanni and Davey and speculation that they are likely to be on the Autistic continuum, Others have have disagreed, with comments on behaviours they have observed, but that is making fun of a behaviour and not the ASD spectrum. I cannot recall anyone making fun of what they believe are neuro atypical behaviours per se. Although I believe that Hanni and Davey are probably both high functioning Aspergers, they present very differently.
Go back to the last thread and you’ll see what I’m talking about. It’s happened a few times on here.

Well you

Go back to the last thread and you’ll see what I’m talking about. It’s happened a few times on here.
I know for a fact that Hanni is autistic. I’ve told people this and they still slag her off. Making fun of autistic people is a step too far for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well you

I know for a fact that Hanni is autistic. I’ve told people this and they still hag her off. Making fun of autistic people is a step too far for me.
If you "know for a fact", you must know Hanni personally or you believe that like many of us, that you recognise some of these behaviours? I understand that if you are privileged to be party to her personal circumstances that you are in a position to be able to "tell people". Other than that, you are in the same position as many others here, attributing what you know of the condition to explain what you see in her. In that case, it is only your opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So you all got me wondering about Selmar's vlog. Gag me. I watched it.
Selmar was obviously feeling really good according to what we saw on the CD yesterday.
He reminded me of a horney, old drunk guy in this video!
SJ cannot dance and sorry people but that red hair ( acrylic wig- so only good enough FOR a Halloween costume), looks terrible on her as does the fugly dress...though Snorts liked her in it!😉🙄😜

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Well, you are free to make your own judgement based on your own circumstances and experiences but others will make theirs based on what they know.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If only SSB dressed-up as Ms. Havisham and BJJ as Estella!
Bye-bye shocking pink phone, I’m so happy that new pinky phone matches the bedding, truly marvellous!
More “hideous” clutter and multiple styrofoam heads. I can just imagine SSB being mid-sentence with someone and “hold-on, just need order multiple styrofoam heads!”. Her impulsiveness is surly not so endearing anymore to these regulars.
“First-Phillip” is as much purposeless at the HMN as she is impulsive. ‘But he’s her cameraman and editor’🤦🤦(and sock guy🤢).
I wonder how many long red hairs had to pulled out from the fig & Brie concoction?!
I found it strange that when Selmar was carving the pumpkin and the volunteer who is a make-up artist was putting up decorations that there was zero interaction. It’s like they didn’t know one another were in the same room!
Why on earth did they start all that cleaning in the middle of preparing for a party and Dan doing the cooking? Maybe an inspector is about to call!
Now that would be a crisis!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm a mom of 2 on the spectrum. I would not stay here if I felt autistic people were being made fun of.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you for this... truly... it brought tears to my eyes.
I really hope for you and anyone who feels lost in this world, to find their way and their place and their people.

We don't need shared experiences to be nice and understanding of each other's challenges and flaws, all we need is empathy.
Well said.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm a mom of 2 on the spectrum. I would not stay here if I felt autistic people were being made fun of.
A number of Tattlers have shared that they have close family members with ASD and others with experience of it in a professional capacity. This is why people are able to imake their own interpretations. We are also aware that Hanni has links with Autism organisations.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
About last night's Halloween parties at Begmania and Lalande...

For a 200-year-old, Pa Petherick still got great dance moves. The Begmaniacs threw a pretty decent party. The lighting, decor, the dancing, and even the buffet table were done quite nicely. Looks like the daily videos Billy's been doing have paid well.
mpk70.png
mpk71.png

In contrast, SJ threw a kind of party fit for Cransford Hall's geriatric crowd.
cd167.png
cd168.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Dan said he's part of the filming being done at the chateau by channel 4 so might not be vlogging the next few days.

• Sad
A number of Tattlers have shared that they have close family members with ASD and others with experience of it in a professional capacity. This is why people are able to imake their own interpretations. We are also aware that Hanni has links with Autism organisations.
I think it is a very common condition as more and more people are being diagnosed and rather than being looked down on as "different" they are now being celebrated in today for their abilities and unique way of looking at the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Comments from Dan's vlog...

Marlene Sistrunk
39 minutes ago
When Michael Petherick said he felt like “Dan the Gardener” 😂 that lad has no idea about “Doing It Ourselves”

Hide 3 replies

Tony InLosAngeles
26 minutes ago (edited)
That boy has no idea what an honest days work is… wait did I hear him ask when the next cuppa is? 🥐☕🫖

Dave
12 minutes ago
Couldn’t agree more Dan sets the bar pretty bloody high!

DLoad This1
1 minute ago (edited)
I stopped watching Michael's channel because he continue to beg his viewers for more donations so he could trot off to exotic destinations with his boyfriends,, (PLURAL). He is not very professional. I do however, watch Billy's channel.

• Heart
Dan said he's part of the filming being done at the chateau by channel 4 so might not be vlogging the next few days.
I'm happy for him and his family. He has really benefited from his association with SJ, and made the most of it. I bet he is glad his wife contacted her. Since others have mentioned the total remoteness of the area (and the area where he lives) I bet steady work is hard to come by.

So, you convinced me to watch Selmar's video. I made it halfway through it. Beyond that, I have no words.

• Haha
I watched Selmar's video. Ruthie who avoids camera was well featured. It seemed a hodge podge of people, partying around pannelling and an obsolete billard table.
Was the guy dressed as an accountant the cleaning volunteer?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.