The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sombreros are for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).

Can’t change the avatar quite yet…about one more hour to go!
So much better. Thank you!

Oh Heathcliffe. It's me, Rory, Im a VIPppppp.
Oh Heathcliffe. It's me Rory, let me in your window.

Well I should be with 1000 posts.
Congratulations dear, you can now join me in the lounge! I shall have the champ on ice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Congratulations dear, you can now join me in the lounge! I shall have the champ on ice!
It’s so lovely to see that you have found a place in your mind and imagination where you feel home.

Do they losen the jacket for you from time to time at least?

• Haha
  • Angry
Content creating is risky for every person doing it. Dan is savvy and has common sense. IMO, he will be able to move with the tide whichever way social media moves on in the coming years. Look how fast he has been able to grow compared to Marie and Selmar.
I was more worried about he and Annalise being financially tied (for the moment) to Lalande. There are not even 30 and have 2 very young kids. A long way to go.

Our Chatelaine will be long gone to Venice that they will be still stuck to their llittle house in Creuse. Being on You Tube or whatever new social media moves we'll see in the future won't last until they are pensioners.

But each to their own.

You are right : They are responsible adults. More responsible than Steph and her clique (including MPK) !

Reactions: 19
The dynamic between Philip and Michael is tense and tolerated
Someone is a lurker!

let me explain to you. Dan referrers to the “tripod” as “Philip 2” or “My Philip” the van is the Green Machine, Buzz was the 1st drone, Crackle was the broken side mirror of the van, Jack P is number one son, Thomas is Kid 2. Philip Janssen is employed by Stephanie and has many job duties of which filming is one, yes! But that still doesn’t explain the OP comment reference as to who what where why replacement of which Philip!!!
Oh Tony! What a nasty passive agressive response. Yuck. Maybe your tighty whiteys are a bit too tight tonight...

Yes, that’s Teabeg behind the “corpse bride” dancing with Alexander. Alexander really looked like he was having fun…the life of the party! Could there be a simmering romance? 🤔 Alexander’s cute, and he has a LOT more in common with Teabag than Andrew! Maybe the love of Teabeg’s life is right under his nose all along?
I would support it, if it straightened 😏 🤭 out Michael's life. But meh... Michael is a lost cause, unless he himself wants to do better, and Alexander deserves somebody who values, and treats him well. Or at least better than what Michael & Bully have been showing in their vlogs.

Happy French Halloween everybody. 🤭🤭🤭
Bought a set of 12 little fèves on Ebay a few years ago. They're so cute. 😁🤗
Novembre.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Wow. SJ was even more manic than usual, if that is possible. Who the hell starts "deep cleaning" their kitchen in the middle of a party? Or was that a result of her poor editing?

Anyway, all prepped for the kiddies coming Trick-or-Treating, as soon as the sun sets.

Here's my treats!
Gosh, they are lucky kids! I've been handing out healthy muesli bars and apples and mandarines! And guess what- they liked it! (all four of them) :ROFLMAO: ;

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
2 thoughts/questions that have been going through my precious little brain ....

How can Phiphi not feel his camel toe and aren't they uncomfortable? And why would those who claim to be his friend or love him not chat to him about them and how icky they are?

And Methrick ... he said he was going to do some daily vlogs, but now he hasn't (again), when he said that he said he can't do it longer than something like a week, or he burns out. Like, what? What does he actually do? He has no children, he has no job, he has no partner ... all he has to do is film and edit .... but he can't even do that. I feel like Billy is showing him that it is possible. If Biffy can do it with a partner, and 2 little kids and at least doing some upkeep and maintenance on the chateau, why can't Mikey? And then Dan ... partner, 2 little kids, 3-4 day a week job at the chateau, long trips with Amaury, renos on his own home ... and he still gets decent vlogs out daily. Why is Mikey so fragile? Why such a victim to life? He's got zero to do compared to these others. OR maybe it IS because he has no life he has nothing to vlog about ... yeah, I guess that makes sense .... but sheesh, this has been on my mind, so had to vent a bit.
it’s simply because he is a loser...in everything...self-pitying, weak-minded, whiny...no wonder his boy toy left...he’s a big downer...and he will only get worse as he ages. pa looks like he’s a lot more fun than peth...he was lovin’ life on that dance floor...and it was really cute to see. bet he’s got it goin’ on...kudos to pa...peth needs to watch his old man and learn how to live life. 😎

Reactions: 10
I was more worried about he and Annalise being financially tied (for the moment) to Lalande. There are not even 30 and have 2 very young kids. Being on You Tube or whatever new social media moves we'll see in the future won't last until they are pensioners.
I think we can tell by his varied amount of jobs that he is not the corporate type. Maybe he gets bored easily? I think the younger generation has lost faith that any social security (in America) will still be around when they are ready to retire. They are forging a different path. I feel like out of all of them Dan will roll with the punches and be able to care for his family. But, what do I know, lol - who knows where any of these people will actually end up, or what financial situation they will be in.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Selmar latest' vlog !

He put his camera somewhere and left it recording during 20 minutes !

We can see the "crowd" (less guests than I thought) dancing and first of them : Ruth... Not sure she's aware that the world can see her dancing with M. Pott for more than 10 minutes at Lalande.

Oh and you can admire our Chatelaine dancing as well.

I tried to spot Marie and Nic (and Antoine) but no success. They were supposed to be at Lalande for Halloween if memory serves ?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Returning back to Dan & Amaury's drive to Belgium to pick up supplies... Is it common to do such long drives in Europe? It would be unthinkable for anyone here (Massachusetts) to drive 6 hours for supplies. But Ive noticed it happens alot in the vlogs. I suppose driving is cheaper than flying but here in tbe US ,most people seem to fly to cities that are 6 hours away by car.

My thoughts on MPK, I think MPK probably wears himself out quickly while vlogging because he tends to overexplain everything alot of the time. He can't just film whatever and put it together, I think he over thinks things at times. His process is different than Dan's though, who clearly is also thinking about the process, but seems to just get on with his work. But thats just it .. Dan has work to do and knows how to do it. He's just filming what he would be doing anyway . Michael on the other hand, can't film himself daily working on the cottage bc he isn't a handyman who knows how to do everything. He either cannot do it or he needs help with building related activities. He was fine filming the Aga set up bc he knew what he was doing. Lining the upstairs with insulation as well, he got on with that just fine. But then obviously he hits a point where he can't do more bc someone else's expertise is needed.
I personally would love to see him draw designs but he doesn't seem to want to go in that direction.
I have to say, when I watched then all I could think was: 1. Stop "humble ask/non ask for money" it's just disgusting 2. This is 100% as boring as real construction and just as long. There's a reason HGTV figured out the 24 min formula.

I do agree he probably has depression and ADHD but - at some point, we can't all just say that and then run to buy an LV bag and then take off - then get back to the humble ask...

The Bloom on the eggs is the protective coating that the hen covers the egg with just before she lays it. The bloom keeps bacteria out of the egg. If you don’t wash an egg and leave the bloom on it it can stay out of the fridge for a couple weeks. The yellow things in the milk was the cream.
Bloom.... so I am an ovo/lacto vegetarian- light on the ovo.... and it wasn't the cream - I asked. Then Googled. It's why my friend didn't get a goat when she was hell bent on having on I. Her back yard - then got mad because I ruined the dream 🤣 Then did this again 🤢 and then pretended to eat the yogurt she made. I should also say the little savage helped kill a chicken, clean it and eat it - Said it was THE BEST CHICKEN she had ever eaten...🤮 ya... she must have gotten that DNA from some long lost ancestor - not from me🤣 but, I know she will be capable of surviving the zombie apocalypse 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I just watched the Petherick's Halloween party. They did a good job! The house looked great. The ghost on the staircase was cool. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, except Teabag.

I just watched the Petherick's Halloween party. They did a good job! The house looked great. The ghost on the staircase was cool. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, except Teabag.
Ok I may break down and watch one of their blogs. Stephanie’s party was weird. No mingling everyone seemed to stay in their little groups or couples. What is the point of the movie playing in the background?

Reactions: 15
… it’s her in the middle isn’t it ?? Or has she a dopleganger
….View attachment 841263
Indeed, that’s Voldemort as Tess likes to call her, much to Potty’s and SJ's fury. I was actually really looking forward to the bi**h fight between the loverboy’s current and ex, so asked around and was told she was a no show. Apparently to some she is, even if she is there…

I was also told that the not so elusive N, wife Marie and stepson Antoine did not join in the festivities, but can’t be sure. I don’t even know if they are in France at the moment, shame on me!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Not Mason. He's just the Walmart version of Elton John. Skyline pigeon fly.
"Walmart version of Elton John," LOL!

Ok I may break down and watch one of their blogs. Stephanie’s party was weird. No mingling everyone seemed to stay in their little groups or couples. What is the point of the movie playing in the background?
I know, right? I was getting annoyed when people got in the way of the movie. I was trying to figure out what movie was playing.

• Haha
Selmar latest' vlog !

He put his camera somewhere and left it recording during 20 minutes !

We can see the "crowd" (less guests than I thought) dancing and first of them : Ruth... Not sure she's aware that the world can see her dancing with M. Pott for more than 10 minutes at Lalande.

Oh and you can admire our Chatelaine dancing as well.

I tried to spot Marie and Nic (and Antoine) but no success. They were supposed to be at Lalande for Halloween if memory serves ?
And no trace of Support Squirrel either.......
But he was there :unsure:
Polishing copper in the kitchen ?
Cleaning up kitchen ?
Playing with the other children with the playmobil ?
Replacing tripod for Dan ?
Seduced by the irresistible Tess Hoffman ?
Sent to bed by SJ ?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Cleaning up kitchen ?
Sent to bed by SJ ?
Good Lord! What did I just watch ??? it was bizarre ! Selmar’s video is beyond ludicrous!

• Wow
  • Haha
Selmar's Blogs:

I never watch them because they are... boring, BUT

#1 at Chateau de Chauvau: I clicked because I thought it was his and Taty's new house :sneaky: :sleep:

#2 the Halloween party: So, Selmar decided to set his camera down for 20 minutes... but holy moly, he and Taty have got chemistry on the dance floor! Unlike Raggedy Ann Ruth and Potty Potts who need to take classes. :cool:
Oh, yes! Taty and Selmar stole the show. Good for them!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Cleaning up kitchen ?
Sent to bed by SJ ?
Trip to brocante to buy more Spode?

My kooky best friend sent me this candy --it's Thanksgiving dinner-flavored candy corn! Roasted turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and green beans.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.