The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan calling Philip replaceable made me absolutely cackle.

Forget Michael vs. Philip, I'm ready for the Dan vs. Philip drama.
...and Stephanie..."You're on your 12th Phillip and I still have MY original one!"...or something to that effect...

The MOVES on PA Petherick
Ohhh I adore 🥰 me some Pa 😈😈View attachment 840319

Billy Speilberg - kudos

That’s freakin’ stunning 🤩
View attachment 840322

K tad bitchy witchy
But I give you MOLDs grand staircase entry 🥰🥰
View attachment 840323
View attachment 840325
Pa Petherick is IT in my books!...and their party was spectacular...was Billy doing the filming? because there sure were a LOT of shots of Alexander dancing and kissing on that ghoulish corpse bride!!!...Sadie's and Mo's costumes were gorgeous...It looks like a party I'd love to have attended...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, as well as the stove tops and the spice cabinet and the copper....and Stephanie says she'll be doing the cooking over the winter and will keep the kitchen clean...that's the most work I've ever seen her do since the beginning....

I'm pretty sure that was Michael Potts...and Phillip was filming....
Based on her spontaneous "manic cleaning", I suspect she has been reading our posts about her filthy kitchen, which have been mentioned more often than not as of late. She also made a remark, "I will be in here doing a lot more of the cooking..." As someone who does the majority of the cooking at home (unless Mr. T Rex orders PostMates/Uber Eats, or makes a box of Kraft dinner), her logic with the spices has shown her true colors- she does not spend a lot of time in there. (And her DIY toile spice rack is an atrocity.) If someone put my spices in a tin, I'd have their heads- it is so inconvenient. I have an entire large cupboard (with two doors) dedicated just for spices, and they're on little platform steps in order to see them. Meanwhile, BJJ was a sod, and completely useless- "Look! I polished the copper!" Priorities are definitely skewed. SJ made such a fuss about cleaning her kitchen, which seemed like a one-off- she should just keep it clean at all times.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
SJ is truly a procrastinator! Every time I was supposed to be studying for exams or writing a paper I would get a sudden urge to clean everything in site.
What is the significance of the hats? They look like Mexican sombreros.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Pa Petherick is IT in my books!...and their party was spectacular...was Billy doing the filming? because there sure were a LOT of shots of Alexander dancing and kissing on that ghoulish corpse bride!!!...Sadie's and Mo's costumes were gorgeous...It looks like a party I'd love to have attended...
Stole the words outa my mouth!
Pa Petherick is the kind of grandpa I want to have!
The party was bitchin 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
Alexander was having FAR too much fun with the vampire bride! 😧
And all around it seemed like an amazing fun party I would love to attend

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
SJ is truly a procrastinator! Every time I was supposed to be studying for exams or writing a paper I would get a sudden urge to clean everything in site.
What is the significance of the hats? They look like Mexican sombreros.
Where did our witches hats go? And why are we now wearing Cinco De Mayo sombreros?!?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When I moved here 30 years ago we got hordes of kids on Halloween. It dwindled gradually and for the last five-ish years there are none. Parents take kids to the zoo, nursing homes and shopping malls now.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Based on her spontaneous "manic cleaning", I suspect she has been reading our posts about her filthy kitchen, which have been mentioned more often than not as of late. She also made a remark, "I will be in here doing a lot more of the cooking..." As someone who does the majority of the cooking at home (unless Mr. T Rex orders PostMates/Uber Eats, or makes a box of Kraft dinner), her logic with the spices has shown her true colors- she does not spend a lot of time in there. (And her DIY toile spice rack is an atrocity.) If someone put my spices in a tin, I'd have their heads- it is so inconvenient. I have an entire large cupboard (with two doors) dedicated just for spices, and they're on little platform steps in order to see them. Meanwhile, BJJ was a sod, and completely useless- "Look! I polished the copper!" Priorities are definitely skewed. SJ made such a fuss about cleaning her kitchen, which seemed like a one-off- she should just keep it clean at all times.
I buy spices at a Punjabi market where you get so much more for the money, but the amounts are far too ample for little spice bottles to handle. I keep the open bags containing the leftovers to refill my spice jars in tins. My stove is in an alcove off of the back of my house and the wall that hasn't got cabinets has a collection of vintage wooden spice racks covering it. I'd rather the spices be on a shelf or on the wall within arms reach than hidden in an alphabetized spice holder on a door not near the stove.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
LOL...my avatar is saying O.M.F.G. because of my "book hangover"....I just got a new book from Amazon on my Kindle and spent the last 3 nights (and early mornings) reading it. Thursday night (actually Friday morning) around 1:30am I started it and read until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore, around 5am. Then about 2am Saturday morning I read until 6am. About 2am this morning I read until I finished it...about 8am....Now I have a hangover from not enough sleep...Thank goodness I finished that book!!!...LOL

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
LOL...my avatar is saying O.M.F.G. because of my "book hangover"....I just got a new book from Amazon on my Kindle and spent the last 3 nights (and early mornings) reading it. Thursday night (actually Friday morning) around 1:30am I started it and read until I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore, around 5am. Then about 2am Saturday morning I read until 6am. About 2am this morning I read until I finished it...about 8am....Now I have a hangover from not enough sleep...Thank goodness I finished that book!!!...LOL
Oh I love me a book that I can’t put down! 😍
Do share what it was please! (If it’s not too much to ask of course 🙂)

Reactions: 15
How dare Snorty ask SJ if she is drunk? He really needs to learn social cues, boss or girlfriend you don’t demean her like that, in public, in front of other staff.

Reactions: 13
Oh I love me a book that I can’t put down! 😍
Do share what it was please! (If it’s not too much to ask of course 🙂)
Not too much to ask but (my guilty pleasure) it's a romance type book called The Three Sisters by Susan Mallory. I've read several of her books and like them a lot. Before that I was BIG into Jurassic Park type books, some pretty good but some just so-so....I have the first 5 movies and watch them often...can't wait for the 6th one! I love Stephan King books, too, and also Nora Roberts' witchy type books. I also have all 7 of the Harry Potter books and all 8 of the DVDs and revisit them often...I'm just your typical Granny Nerd!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have to say I have Halloween party envy watching the Pethericks. Very well done. There used to be a club in an old mansion with a similar staircase and Halloween was amazing. When Halloween fell on a weekend the party lasted three nights. I love Halloween!
Did anyone watch the manor and maker’s contribution to the Halloween vlog? I had sworn not to watch them again but got sucked in. Sad really they appear to not have any friends. Odd they weren’t invited to lalalande.
I thought they said they had heat Sara’s poor mother looked like she was cold in that horrible room or maybe that was the scary bits.
Dan, the chateau diaries and the Pethericks put them to shame.

Reactions: 10
Not too much to ask but (my guilty pleasure) it's a romance type book called The Three Sisters by Susan Mallory. I've read several of her books and like them a lot. Before that I was BIG into Jurassic Park type books, some pretty good but some just so-so....I have the first 5 movies and watch them often...can't wait for the 6th one! I love Stephan King books, too, and also Nora Roberts' witchy type books. I also have all 7 of the Harry Potter books and all 8 of the DVDs and revisit them often...I'm just your typical Granny Nerd!
Oh dear! I love my fellow nerd tattlers 😄😄
I am also a proper nerd… All Harry Potter books (more than one copy each, read each of them at least 10 times!) plus a bookcase full of fantasy, witchy woo, dragons and sci-if is my single most treasured belonging 😆
If you want to know what exactly goes on in my brain, my top most favourite YouTube channel is NerdForge (Martina & Hansi are my spirit animals 😂)

I also read romance as guilty pleasure once in a while… but mostly, smutty fantasy (Sarah J. Maas anyone? Lol)
I’ll for sure give this one a try. Thanks for sharing 💙💙

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
We ran out of candy too! Our town FB page sounds like lots of us have ran out. We usually get 100-150, people that are counting have said anywhere between 170-250! Nuts! It's so fun to see the little guys in their costumes!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Gotta hand it to him - he saw it coming!!

copper meme txt.jpg

Big up to Steffie too for trolling us!!

sandhavisham.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.