The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We ran out of candy too! Our town FB page sounds like lots of us have ran out. We usually get 100-150, people that are counting have said anywhere between 170-250! Nuts! It's so fun to see the little guys in their costumes!
I am so incredibly jealous! Mr. T Rex just remarked, "How unfortunate we had no little porch beggars, I mean, Trick or Treaters. I suppose I could assist you in this plight of consuming candy. Indeed it is truly good fortune you purchased items that are of my liking." "Um, bae, WHY are the porch and driveway lights off..?" "Well, no other house has their lights on, and besides, it was after 9 when I turned them off. We must all do our part to conserve energy." "The pool lights are still on, as well as the pool heater!" "And so be it! How strange! My dear, no good comes to a house with their lights on after 9PM." Seriously?!? Next year, I am going to leave him at home with a bowl of candy, and instead hang out with the 65+ crowd.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh dear! I love my fellow nerd tattlers 😄😄
I am also a proper nerd… All Harry Potter books (more than one copy each, read each of them at least 10 times!) plus a bookcase full of fantasy, witchy woo, dragons and sci-if is my single most treasured belonging 😆
If you want to know what exactly goes on in my brain, my top most favourite YouTube channel is NerdForge (Martina & Hansi are my spirit animals 😂)

I also read romance as guilty pleasure once in a while… but mostly, smutty fantasy (Sarah J. Maas anyone? Lol)
I’ll for sure give this one a try. Thanks for sharing 💙💙
Cheers to nerds everywhere. My 'library' has spilled over in the living room, mostly sci-fi. Anyone else still mourning the loss of Uncle Hugo's sci-fi book store in Minneapolis? Torched in the riots. I used to make special trips for book signings.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe someone should lovingly recommend this idea to the La La Lande crew to keep their rooms warmer. Do they sell Crisco in France?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe someone should lovingly recommend this idea to the La La Lande crew to keep their rooms warmer. Do they sell Crisco in France?
I don't think so, but perhaps a rabid fan can send them some. OMG, can you imagine if they used the butter-flavoured one? Our heroic Chatelaine, awaking at 1PM- "It smells paarefect- someone is in the kitchen making something so amazing! I can't wait! It's going to be soo good!" Enters kitchen and finds the residents gathered around a terra cotta pot trying to get warm- no warm croissants, no baguettes covered in butter- just sad makeshift heaters on the table.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
We ran out of candy too! Our town FB page sounds like lots of us have ran out. We usually get 100-150, people that are counting have said anywhere between 170-250! Nuts! It's so fun to see the little guys in their costumes!
Ah! Halloween…the one night of the year when children can dress up in costumes and go door-to-door to grift! Much like our chateau characters do every day! 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ah! Halloween…the one night of the year when children can dress up in costumes and go door-to-door to grift! Much like our chateau characters do every day! 😊
My husband was on candy duty this year, but when I am they HAVE to say "trick or treat" before I will give them any .... like they have to do AT LEAST that much!!! LOL Most of them do, but once in a while there will be some kid who will just stand there and say nothing and hold out their bag, I just stand and wait!! LOL Most kids though say Trick or treat and say "thank you".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't know now, I'm happy to hand out candy to children!

There's a tea light version I used to use up in one of my attic rooms. It worked great to heat the room before I got my heating system sorted out.

Children? Hell, earlier today I went out to see some costumes since they start in late afternoon here and I saw a couple with their infant in a stroller. The parents were dressed up as was the infant but that kidlet didn't even have teeth yet! The parents were trick or treating for themselves! 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
2 thoughts/questions that have been going through my precious little brain ....

How can Phiphi not feel his camel toe and aren't they uncomfortable? And why would those who claim to be his friend or love him not chat to him about them and how icky they are?

And Methrick ... he said he was going to do some daily vlogs, but now he hasn't (again), when he said that he said he can't do it longer than something like a week, or he burns out. Like, what? What does he actually do? He has no children, he has no job, he has no partner ... all he has to do is film and edit .... but he can't even do that. I feel like Billy is showing him that it is possible. If Biffy can do it with a partner, and 2 little kids and at least doing some upkeep and maintenance on the chateau, why can't Mikey? And then Dan ... partner, 2 little kids, 3-4 day a week job at the chateau, long trips with Amaury, renos on his own home ... and he still gets decent vlogs out daily. Why is Mikey so fragile? Why such a victim to life? He's got zero to do compared to these others. OR maybe it IS because he has no life he has nothing to vlog about ... yeah, I guess that makes sense .... but sheesh, this has been on my mind, so had to vent a bit.

Reactions: 28
I have to say I have Halloween party envy watching the Pethericks. Very well done. There used to be a club in an old mansion with a similar staircase and Halloween was amazing. When Halloween fell on a weekend the party lasted three nights. I love Halloween!
Did anyone watch the manor and maker’s contribution to the Halloween vlog? I had sworn not to watch them again but got sucked in. Sad really they appear to not have any friends. Odd they weren’t invited to lalalande.
I thought they said they had heat Sara’s poor mother looked like she was cold in that horrible room or maybe that was the scary bits.
Dan, the chateau diaries and the Pethericks put them to shame.
The Pethericks have the perfect place for a party, I really like how they had it decked out. I love Halloween too--it was my wedding anniversary! I got married in white, though it was a white rabbit costume with an oversized head and my hubs was the big bad wolf--it was a last minute thing and that's what they had left at the costume shop. 😆

Since you mentioned it, I went and had a look at the dullards 'spooky' video. It wasn't spooky, except when their logo gets dropped in like a placeholder for a nonexistent ad. My basement is scarier. Their 'doom room' wasn't any worse off than a spare room in my house that I renovated on my own. Their place has nicely proportioned rooms. I don't know if they've ever renovated a home before, but as far as piles go, theirs doesn't appear to be in that bad of shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I made a gorgeous beef roast today, braised in red wine. Tried making Yorkshire puddings, following a YouTube recipe, but they didn't rise at all! Huz ate them anyway and said he liked them. I'm going to stick to my American popover recipe. Its pretty much the same, but has melted butter in the batter. They always rise up really well.

• Heart

How can Phiphi not feel his camel toe and aren't they uncomfortable? And why would those who claim to be his friend or love him not chat to him about them and how icky they are?

And Methrick ... he said he was going to do some daily vlogs, but now he hasn't (again), when he said that he said he can't do it longer than something like a week, or he burns out. Like, what? What does he actually do? He has no children, he has no job, he has no partner ... all he has to do is film and edit .... but he can't even do that. I feel like Billy is showing him that it is possible. If Biffy can do it with a partner, and 2 little kids and at least doing some upkeep and maintenance on the chateau, why can't Mikey? And then Dan ... partner, 2 little kids, 3-4 day a week job at the chateau, long trips with Amaury, renos on his own home ... and he still gets decent vlogs out daily. Why is Mikey so fragile? Why such a victim to life? He's got zero to do compared to these others. OR maybe it IS because he has no life he has nothing to vlog about ... yeah, I guess that makes sense .... but sheesh, this has been on my mind, so had to vent a bit.
Billy, although his vlogs are as dry as toast, actually delivers content (despite having a wife, two small "be-bays"), and is doing the majority of the chateau work with Pa. He's an enabler, though, to his little brother, "It's okay that you do nothing all day than edit videos, collect Spode, spend your You-Tube money on male hookers, vacays and blow- we adore you! Just come home to us so we know you are not living in the streets." Teabag's snarky remarks, "And now I'm Dan the Gardener" were probably not meant to be a blow, but to hang on to the coat tails of Dan, who has quite a following that far surpasses his own. Sorry bloke- you have a legitimate good and kind family who do everything to protect you, but every day you slap them in the face with your selfish entitled Diva-Princess behaviour. Grow a pair of balls and man up- the one recent video where you actually did manual labour in putting the step in place is not enough. You are as bad as your fake Chatelaine girlfriend with the whole "smoke and mirrors"- "This one time, on my vlog, I actually did something!" is transparent.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I made a gorgeous beef roast today, braised in red wine. Tried making Yorkshire puddings, following a YouTube recipe, but they didn't rise at all! Huz ate them anyway and said he liked them. I'm going to stick to my American popover recipe. Its pretty much the same, but has melted butter in the batter. They always rise up really well.
Oh that sucks...the key is resting the batter for about a half hour or longer before pouring it into the hot oil/grease. I'm going to see my mum tomorrow, I'll get the yorkie recipe that is cooked in the cold oven for you and post it tomorrow night in case you ever want to try it. Granted, popovers are equally, if not more so delicious due to the butter. I have a really wonderful wine/booze shop in my neighborhood (I cook with alcohol sometimes but I don't drink) and they carry French salted butter...not the ginormous logs like Stephanie brought home, but normal human sized ones....yummm. They also carry baguettes, boules, chocolates and a nice cheese selection. If they carried cream and eggs, it would be a one stop shop for me! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Billy, although his vlogs are as dry as toast, actually delivers content (despite having a wife, two small "be-bays"), and is doing the majority of the chateau work with Pa. He's an enabler, though, to his little brother, "It's okay that you do nothing all day than edit videos, collect Spode, spend your You-Tube money on male hookers, vacays and blow- we adore you! Just come home to us so we know you are not living in the streets." Teabag's snarky remarks, "And now I'm Dan the Gardener" were probably not meant to be a blow, but to hang on to the coat tails of Dan, who has quite a following that far surpasses his own. Sorry bloke- you have a legitimate good and kind family who do everything to protect you, but every day you slap them in the face with your selfish entitled Diva-Princess behaviour. Grow a pair of balls and man up- the one recent video where you actually did manual labour in putting the step in place is not enough. You are as bad as your fake Chatelaine girlfriend with the whole "smoke and mirrors"- "This one time, on my vlog, I actually did something!" is transparent.
One thing…Teabeg is Billy’s older brother.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
The Pethericks have the perfect place for a party, I really like how they had it decked out. I love Halloween too--it was my wedding anniversary! I got married in white, though it was a white rabbit costume with an oversized head and my hubs was the big bad wolf--it was a last minute thing and that's what they had left at the costume shop. 😆

Since you mentioned it, I went and had a look at the dullards 'spooky' video. It wasn't spooky, except when their logo gets dropped in like a placeholder for a nonexistent ad. My basement is scarier. Their 'doom room' wasn't any worse off than a spare room in my house that I renovated on my own. Their place has nicely proportioned rooms. I don't know if they've ever renovated a home before, but as far as piles go, theirs doesn't appear to be in that bad of shape.
I had a dear friend who bought a Victorian mansion from the city for $1. He had the BEST Halloween party there! I was a floral designer at the time and we had some big hotel accounts, so I brought the dead hotel arrangements in. They looked spooktacular! Good times. I used to love making a fuss for Halloween
Grrrl, you READ!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Lol...I went back and looked at the latest vlog and never noticed it...maybe his friends/loves don't stare at his junk?:LOL:

Yeah, that burnout thing sounds more like ADHD and not being able to focus on one thing for an extended period of time or to be able to follow through. It seems he also gets bored easy. A one or two day job, no problem. Doing something for weeks on end, no bueno. This is probably why despite having some skills in the art department, he hasn't got a sizeable amount of work to draw from to market his own line of imprinted goods that rabid fans would buy up in an instant. If he had any kind of work ethic coupled with focus, he'd be chunking out wallpaper designs every week instead of whinging about having to edit a vlog. Vent away, that's why we're here. :)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.