The Chateau Diaries #79 Tales from the Lalande Crypts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching CD vlog.

1. Amazon parcels (which have been everywhere and in everybody's hands on their way to Lalande) being put and unpacked so close to the raw meat... no comment. :sick:

2. The new volunteer David has been there for 2 weeks and has never met Philip ? Has he been away for 2 weeks really ?

3. Already 70 dislikes (only 4.8k likes).

4. OMG the sudden zoom in when someone was fussing behind the Chatelaine and her baked Brie. Hilarious ! BTW : That was Dan filming - not Philip (we can hear his voice).

5. The look in her face when the very young child ( Dan's kid ?) was commenting something in the kitchen. 🤣She really has no clue with children.

6. Question : Is it a tradition in UK / Ireland / US for the adults to celebrate Halloween with diner and dance ? Never heard of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
No it's just verrrrrrrry Lalande daaahling!!! Welcome to the land of no imagination ... same old, same old.
Plenty of parties going on this weekend in the uk, silly dressing up and much intake of alcohol! ( daughter went to one, not my thing). Seems to have become more popular than Bonfire night now ( November 5th).

Reactions: 12
Yes so much togetherness in fact he’s packed up amd moved in with his cousin …. To do what ?
the work and everything else his cousin doesn’t want to or can’t do. Living under the same roof with family doesn’t automatically mean you are a loser.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m a fake redhead and well into my middle age. I could never be a blonde - tried it once and it was hideous! I pay to keep the colour going, it’s worth it.
Me too! I love my fiery red hair. I've been blonde in the past too, but I prefer red. I colour it myself and wear it vintage 40's style to match my clothes and makeup. I always get lots of lovely complements which is very nice at 53! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Plenty of parties going on this weekend in the uk, silly dressing up and much intake of alcohol! ( daughter went to one, not my thing). Seems to have become more popular than Bonfire night now ( November 5th).
I'm all for the parties and prefered the look of The Peths do to Fannys. Bit more laid back with a buffet. SJ's always seem to remind me of works Xmas do's for some reason, the whole having a sit down meal and then a dance sort of thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is this the infamous Mason we have all been waiting for? Strange way to walk in carrying flowers. I bet he was sent out to return carrying them at a specific angle.

I'm all for the parties and prefered the look of The Peths do to Fannys. Bit more laid back with a buffet. SJ's always seem to remind me of works Xmas do's for some reason, the whole having a sit down meal and then a dance sort of thing.
And always with an eye out for the 'boss' and putting on a show of enjoyment even if it's a sh**fest.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Is this the infamous Mason we have all been waiting for? Strange way to walk in carrying flowers. I bet he was sent out to return carrying them at a specific angle.

And always with an eye out for the 'boss' and putting on a show of enjoyment even if it's a sh**fest.
Jason not Mason. Wasn’t he the superfan art dealer?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Who the hell starts to reorganize and spring clean the kitchen while getting ready for a party!

Big party night and PJ goes to the junk shop to buy more ugly junk. I’m sure there was loads he could of helped with. Polishing the copper was not one of them.

Poor Dan his back must of been killing him after working at that table all day. Get proper work surfaces!

It was nice to see Davey. He is like a duck out of water in that Chateau.

OMG Potts is as bad SJ with his jumping around. Really!

Who arrived with the flowers?

• Heart
I don't understand why Dan didn't do the food prep at his house again, maybe because SJ bought the ingredients ? How he didn't just walk out when the manic cleaning started as he was trying to prepare food for so many people I don't know ! I do wonder if it was Steph's way of reminding him that SHE is in charge and to keep him in his place. Guess Dan knows what she's like by now, stark raving bonkers !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Based on her spontaneous "manic cleaning", I suspect she has been reading our posts about her filthy kitchen, which have been mentioned more often than not as of late. She also made a remark, "I will be in here doing a lot more of the cooking..." As someone who does the majority of the cooking at home (unless Mr. T Rex orders PostMates/Uber Eats, or makes a box of Kraft dinner), her logic with the spices has shown her true colors- she does not spend a lot of time in there. (And her DIY toile spice rack is an atrocity.) If someone put my spices in a tin, I'd have their heads- it is so inconvenient. I have an entire large cupboard (with two doors) dedicated just for spices, and they're on little platform steps in order to see them. Meanwhile, BJJ was a sod, and completely useless- "Look! I polished the copper!" Priorities are definitely skewed. SJ made such a fuss about cleaning her kitchen, which seemed like a one-off- she should just keep it clean at all times.
Yep and I want my spices by the stove alphabetically for convenience... Not across the room.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh Heathcliffe. It's me, Rory, Im a VIPppppp.
Oh Heathcliffe. It's me Rory, let me in your window.

Well I should be with 1000 posts.
Congratulations, Rory! Way to show Heathcliff how it is done!!

Three cheers for Rory!!!

• Heart
[QUOTE="LaFrancaise123, post: 6905788, member: 275771"

6. Question : Is it a tradition in UK / Ireland / US for the adults to celebrate Halloween with diner and dance ? Never heard of it.
[/QUOTE]

Any excuse for a nosh-up and a party ... that's all she's got in her empty life ...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh Heathcliffe. It's me, Rory, Im a VIPppppp.
Oh Heathcliffe. It's me Rory, let me in your window.

Well I should be with 1000 posts.
Congratulations!!!! Good job outta you!!!! Keep the comments coming as you now have a VIP reputation to uphold!!! 😁

I've just decluttered my wardrobe as I'm guilty of this too. I tend to hang on to things sentimentally and half the stuff no longer fits. Good stuff is going to charity shops today , and some vintage pieces with labels too good to just give away, are going on Ebay or Vinted. A few bits (I have some Vivienne Westwood and a gorgeous 1920s beaded top) I'm going to give to my grandaughters. Its time for Stephanie to let go of things and stop buying too. I know why she does it and as you say it's so addictive. My husband is a great help at sorting things out with me. Unfortunately Stephanie has now got a partner in crime as bad as she is.Philip has the shopping addiction too.
My favourite books are the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella, so funny and I can recognise myself in them 🤣
Ooh where can I buy the cute sombrero over our avatars? It would go perfectly with my hair?
My sister, SJ #2, is a buyer and hoarder too ( at least veering to that) Shops all the time in Goodwill and Salvation armies ( like brocantes but not as good stuff imo) and nicer antique stores, but her house is a mess of styles ( like SJ too), but she is fastidious about taking care of her "things"... not discarded in a shed, barn is attic like SJ.

I am itching to see that first area of the attic getting cleaned out. Since the BnB is now closed for the season, Nutti will have nothing to do????? I know, maybe SJ will get to it November 2022.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Jason not Mason. Wasn’t he the superfan art dealer?
Yes, he's the one who publicly (via the comments/chat and? his own site) threw a hissy fit that Lalande was closed for the winter and wouldn't be taking any more guests 'til the spring.

He foisted himself upon them. Ugghhh. Another brattish toddler.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.