The Chateau Diaries #72 Winter is coming

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jamaican. Lots of strains of beautiful people in Jamaica, one of the hardiest being Afro Chinese.
Not sure... Alas (for Selmar).

I so hope Snorts makes some little friends while making these "epic" theater debuts and stays up north. Absence does NOT make the heart grow fonder.

I absolutely did not hear Jamaican.....otherwise why would Selmar say that that would surprise a lot of viewers?
Because having ancestors from Jamaica would NOT be a surprise .
I heard Genovian too. Others with me (I tested with them haha) heard the same too.

Why am I not totally surprised...?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
My Observations
Why can't Nic & Potts sort out the heating? They seem to be just investors in the property doing nothing while SJ runs & raises (begs for) funds for the chateau. If SJ can travel for a short visit to Nic's, he can do the same to fix the heating & other DIY jobs. I think the heating problem was shown as a future project for the patreons she knows what she's doing.

Volunteers get free food & housing in exchange for work but Nati & Philip are paid. Do they pay for food & rent? Volunteers who worked harder & stayed longer were not paid but Philip who is the least skilled & experienced was employed within 6-months of his arrival. He was an upholsterer, painter, videographer (that snorts behind the camera & talks over the person being filmed), editor (with weekly mistakes), travel companion & now his office is beside SJ's room even though there's lots of empty spaces around the chateau. He even took SJ's car to Netherlands. Phil & SJ's relationship is very odd (unprofessional?), some might feel she's using him because he's younger but he is the one who went to the chateau pretending to have all those skills & pretends to know about antiques & century buildings.

Selma - I don't know how he can plan to buy a property with someone he barely knows & who is obviously using him for her business & social media following but they all use each other.

Mary Lee came for a short visit to the chateau because (I think) she was told (by lalande) her blog was mentioned on this forum. She made a post about it where she mentioned people were gossiping about her blog. instagram.com/p/CUcoVwOI_QZ/ That was a planned visit.

SJ - she no longer needs YTube as she earns most of her income from patreon, YTube just advertises her business. She's a YTuber who got lucky on patreon. There are others who have stayed respectful & professional at the chateau the Ians, Dan & Amaury.
Have you noticed that just about everyone she allows into the inner circle tends to have a pronounced arty-flaky side to their characters? Organised, efficient people show up her own pronounced lacks.

Reactions: 7
@LaFrancaise123
What does Steph say after "You used to have a shop... ???" I can only hear "Pilates" and I'm pretty sure it's not what she said ! 😅

It seems there is a cut (editing) just after the word "shop" ? [/QUOTE]

Here is the name of the make:

[/QUOTE]
Astier de Villate... that's a name I heard recently in Chateau Diaries. I will investigate that.

Mother is Jamaican, without a doubt
That would be better...for Selmar !

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I thought she said her mom was Genovian
Pretty sure it was Jamaica.

I absolutely did not hear Jamaican.....otherwise why would Selmar say that that would surprise a lot of viewers?
Because having ancestors from Jamaica would NOT be a surprise .
People might have expected her skin colour to be darker, like her sister. As someone said, there are quite a lot of Jamaicans who also have Chinese ancestors further back in their families, which T may have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
@HalcyonOrganic, we look forward to hearing about your first day. I hope it was fantastic!

@purejuice, thanks so much for posting this. It reminded me of when my son was a toddler and obsessed with Snow White. He loved to sing this song but he changed the words from "Heigh Ho" to "My Ho".

1633454268712.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Patreons updates (official numbers)
On 21st of September:
Michael: 524
Marie: 148 - €1,224
Selmar: 23 - €187

Today:
Michael: 473
Marie: 137 - €1,166
Selmar: 23 - €188

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.