The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
a load of mud slinging going on about chateau diy on the ETTC Diy fan group. Just looked up the admin - Philly and Angelina and Edd. I thought Sherrie was one originally?
Ma Trotter is still posting that asinine vlog by her scammy son about how he was ripped off (he wasn't). 🙄
Bunch of superfans are just eating it up.
That reminds me....Teabag didn't bother vlogging again until the new season of ETTC started. Pathetic Petherick.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Yet another begging flog for ‘Spode willow pattern’. Poor MPK can’t find it anywhere online!!!
My first thought was that he was "shopping" for when his Nan and granddad kick the bucket...I wouldn't have been surprised to see him tagging the pieces he wanted!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Well done to the co-authors @toilingwiththetoile and @Gibson!
Go raibh maith agat @MojoDublin!
Tattlers work around the clock.
Have a good morning/afternoon/night everyone!

View attachment 786587View attachment 786590
Chicken whisperer MPK released the most boring Patreon exclusive two days ago, filmed by Sadie.
"BROCANTING" with the whole family and a visit to their grandparents'!

dang that was like someone’s home movies-weird

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
🧵🧵🧵🔁🔁🔁
something that has been niggling me for some time has been the 2 different figures that are listed on his patreon page for patron numbers.. If you put michael petherick into the search bar 2 option are in a drop down menu. If you click on all results you will see 462 patrons recorded if you click on the other option 523
I now believe the lower figure to be correct as I think it is patrons who cancelled their dd but did not cancel their patron so they are still members but with no access to vligs etc. I am thinking as yearly subscribers such as**********
who are leaving this figure will drop further.
He lost 50 subscribers this month.
Anyone can adjust their subscription to $1 per month for any creator so if you feel you can nolonger justify a larger amount you can still have access to all the material for $1!

Reactions: 30
I found the Fleuries' Sunday effort Philipp at his worst talking head douche performance -- repairing his camera to prove either how poor they are or how thrifty. Interspersed with Anna making a foraged blackberry crumble, corroborating the point perhaps. :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Dan's slice of life videos, with chickens wandering in and out, little boys helping to shovel rubble into the concrete form, the relaxed party for Kirsty, way better.
But the Fleuries don't have what Dan and SJ have, this large cast of characters.
Interesting problem. No money for resto, no video?
They should have switched roles for the video. It would have been much funnier to hear her frustrated screams in the background while he was baking the crumble. It's just the two of them and no resto, therefore no extra people in the house. Have you noticed both of them have the same b-roll adopted from the master of b-roll, Billy Trotter: drone shots of mowing the lawn :sleep:

Dan's video was absolutely lovely, lovely, lovely. The sense of friendship and community, they get on well with each other. We heard genuine laughter. Armoire's presence is doing so much, there's bromance and Nutty is relaxed and glowing. I really like Kirsty. He had also lots of material to edit from and his editing skills are improving enormously. Dan's best yet.

Fanny would have never filmed this, she would have deemed this boring and totally ordinary. So I'm happy Dan did. Her vlogs are all about glitz, plastic and tinsel.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Its better to give a little gift to a less fortunate girl in your own town or village..lotts of refugees coming from Syria in our village...than to ship stuff to lalalande..i always like to help where i can see its appreciated.. and mostly i do it in secret..
we should send the people from Syria to la Lande?

i should probably read your post again…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
One of my cousins was exactly like that. Walking through the door, they had assessed your worth by car, house and contents. When their parent died, money wasn't wasted on funeral or wake. The house was up for sale within the week and things were ebayed or auctioned.
Scrooge had found a kindred spirit.
My sister lived with my parents for years and she told me that when mom died, before she was even buried, my aunts were at the house, in mom's bedroom, going through her things, saying what they wanted...and my dad was sitting in the living room!!!...Grrrrr...I really disliked my family!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Dan's video was absolutely lovely, lovely, lovely. The sense of friendship and community, they get on well with each other. We heard genuine laughter. Armoire's presence is doing so much, there's bromance and Nutty is relaxed and glowing. I really like Kirsty. He had also lots of material to edit from and his editing skills are improving enormously. Dan's best yet.

Fanny would have never filmed this, she would have deemed this boring and totally ordinary. So I'm happy Dan did. Her vlogs are all about glitz, plastic and tinsel.
I agree! I love the community life they share around the table in fast mode! Their conversation stays private, it's homey and friendly, gives us a nice glimpse without the camera right in their faces.

Reactions: 20
The one difference is Dan bought a house he could afford.
He did try a bit of a fast move in rescuing a local ruin, the details of which are hazy.
I think the hidden chateau deep in the moist and misty forests of the Berry is a mirage all who go there, including thrifty Dan, see. Just saw it again in the movie version of "The Grand Meaulnes", written about the area. It was a vision of paradise.
You are perhaps more immune to the enchanted chateau fairy tale than others. Your description of getting the cherry picker out after every storm to chase down and repair the slates chilled me to the marrow of my bones. And fire flues. And water pressure. And the flight of heat through the enfilade of a summer house. And the jillion practical house maintenance matters. I know British estate owners go to study agriculture at Cirencester to learn to manage the farm if not the family pile. Did you study something special to help you manage or did your father and grandfather/estate managers/workers teach you? I am the world's nosiest person, pardon me. I must ask questions, it's hemoglobin to me, but you certainly don't have to answer.
i will answer. no big deal...i have studied agriculture..and economy..there was no question about it..i sometimes wanted to do something else...but when i spoke about it to my father about doing something else..he got mad and didnt speak to me for a week...so i ended up there and did agriculture..i found out its somehow in my blood..i have a good feeling for it...the ecofarming thing interests me enormously...its not always possible though..The running of the estate was something i learned from child on..when i was eight... i got my own special made tools to help to work on the land..in my younger years many things like weeding were also done by hand..there were methodes to keep the crop free from weeds but it didnt work always very well like they do now...So i got a very hands on education..driving tractors and all kind of machines...not spoiled at all...When i got older the running became more important..the managerskills i learned from my father mostly...he could be very charming and ruthless at the same time..when people tried to fool him...he was very aware of his class..i am not..he was born in 1922..I always say when we went to see my grandfather or his brother...me being the only heir of both of them...it felt always like going at an audience at court...When they died and i took over i changed a lott..he left it all in a very good state...he was very clever with money...and always kept all the people happy...had a good eye when things got wrong in peoples families...i also worked some time before i took over in retail, it gave me a very good insight in people...so i do it more commercial these days...we rent out cottages now..for short stays..have fairs...which my father loved ...but not on his estate..and yes like you say...having a estate is mostly nice...you have a lot of free space...nature...but also a lott of responsebility.. most of my days are filled with paperwork and problems...not much partying going on here...but i like the place..its been in the family for centuries..we dont have children so we give it on to my sisters children...in time...

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Veeery interesting to note that the word Shitoo is omitted. They dare not present it as such.
View attachment 787090
Did
I appreciate your confession, and your restraint and that you didn't send the things!

I saw some earrings with peacock feathers in them on line and bought a pair for SJ and Natti ... when they arrived at my house I decided I was nuts and instead donated them to my local thrift store. I feel so silly for having bought them to begin with!
Yes, I felt really stupid even
I appreciate your confession, and your restraint and that you didn't send the things!

I saw some earrings with peacock feathers in them on line and bought a pair for SJ and Natti ... when they arrived at my house I decided I was nuts and instead donated them to my local thrift store. I feel so silly for having bought them to begin with!
Yes, I feel stupid for being duped into even thinking about sending those undeserving crooks gifts! Glad I snapped out of it, too.

Reactions: 16
Just caught up.
Sympathy for Phillip is misplaced. He is an adult. I am continually frustrated by society's habit if infantizing adults - discussing them like they are children eg Harry and Meagan described as a young married couple despite being close to 40. Society infantizes adults voiding them of responsibility and accountability for their behaviour and actions. His mother introduced him to CD vlogs and encouraged him to go. She is probably thrilled for him.

RE Mary volunteer/guest. I read so many of her posts I am really suprised she has returned.

Finally imagine being Nic's Marie coming to your husband's holiday home not knowing who will be there, their background or ethics and you bring your son. Imagine being a guest not knowing who is cooking food, wandering the halls at night. I mean no bedrooms have locks.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And that makes them so boring , especially for Tattler's as we know what they are up to !
I used to like to watch the Fleuries but its turned out to be a subtle begging video all the time , its like they think we are so stupid to notice! Rrrrrr
That's because the begging works! +23 new patrons since last patreon mention.
They're getting more and more arrogant, the whole chateauverse.

1632955372654.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
😂😂😂 few comments

, thankfully d and a have no part in this programme- I think the other chateau owners had enough of being portrayed as incompetent fools ... imo

dick couldn’t help how you present yourself s …. Philly … why channel 4 dumped ya

Update - same site 😈
see what happens when yer ma
Is yer momager on a 20 k fan website
And deletes posts that aren’t acceptable

mummy posts your vlog
It gets One comment out of 20 k 😂
Sherrie Petherickshared a link.

· 22 September at 22:12 ·
https://youtu.be/xi_oHYznlJc
Chateau Wedding Bartender For A Day - Doing It Ourselves - @Bordeaux Life
Face it MOLD absolutely toxic on FB
For some reason that look on Anna's face as she looks at Michael....makes me kind of uncomfortable....it may be meant as a motherly look but it comes off as kinda creepy.

I'm sorry...I know she's a sweet woman, but the look just bothers me for some reason. I'm sure it's all very innocent and caring.

Reactions: 12
For some reason that look on Anna's face as she looks at Michael....makes me kind of uncomfortable....it may be meant as a motherly look but it comes off as kinda creepy.

I'm sorry...I know she's a sweet woman, but the look just bothers me for some reason. I'm sure it's all very innocent and caring.
her expression is some kind of being worried, trying to be supportive

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On the topic of vetting volunteers and Selmar .... I remember them not even knowing he was coming. He was just driving around some place right as things were locking down and he decided to head toward LaLande to help out, but SJ and Mummy didn't know who he was when he showed up. So it didn't sound like he even applied to volunteer. Maybe I'm missing something. I just remember them first being kind of wary of him, but then his presence made them feel safer. It was a bit odd.
I seem to remember from her interview vlog with Selmar, he stated that he turned up and SJ was rude to him. He suggested that on first meeting SJ and mummy they were quite unfriendly towards him.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
🎯🎯🎯 patron 🎯🎯🎯

accountant is coming - and then coming back with 2 more - as it’s very confusing doing accounts ….

not using her study 📖… snorts might be nosey

off she popped to Brussels

doing new bathrooms 🚽
Pink tyles - grey floor
Ohhh ff sake another 20 grand bathroom 🚽
Wallpaper 🤔 Cole n son

only so much shite I can swallow
Someone else take over review

😈😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.