The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it interesting that this would finally, after 25 years, be a boundary against SJ that NL felt he could set. Though not for his stepson and wife.
That means he does not want to be recognized, or recognized as an owner of Lalande. (Though if his wife and stepson are recognizable, he could easily be traced by authorities or malefactors or debt collectors or warrant servers.)
What his game is I'd like to know. Does he have conservative clients? A police record? Outstanding warrants? Old psycho boyfriends? Does he think he can avoid liability for taxes on the windfall? Curious.
I think it's a joke that's run it's course. Either that or he's just an idiot 🤷‍♀️

That "workshop" was a dumping grounds for all the junk coming from inside the chateau but she didn't want to toss away...it was NEVER cleared out like they did for her NEWEST handyman, Amaury. That's possibly why Selmar looked so shook when he saw it being cleaned up.
Amaury is renovating and installing the panelling. SHe said Amaury advised he cannot work with the panelling outside. The panelling is something she really, really wants, hence the special treatment. Of the panelling, not Amaury I tink. Or maybe a bit of both

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Have you Google mapped Lalande and Crozon sur Vauvres ?
It's the deep rural France with maybe 500 inhabitants maximum.
Famlies with teenagers must not be the majority.
As for basket-ball... it's the country side.. ..
I do it often. Today, without French, I discovered it is in the center of a network of youth centers in the scores of small towns which surround it. Due diligence, always glad to be reminded of its utility. As for basketball, I was thinking of pickup games or games that could be played at Lalande or other kids' houses or in the park. Obvi that is soccer in France, which I suspect is played in the countryside. From Pointe de Corsen to Lauterbourg.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Fair play to her she is doing some work now and it looks decent.
You tempted me to watch FRK. Vlog WAS better. Nice seeing her work at a job. From the neck down ( having Snorts appear) his mannerisms were "as gay as a daisy" as someone here once proclaimed. He was probably putting the boom down to his "serf" instructing her of rent in order to use that studio in the future... that has no heating, cooling or running water indoors.

Reactions: 7
Interesting. I once met a man who told me that he always washed his hands before he urinated. When I looked confused, he pointed out that, as he showered every day, but travelled around for his job, his penis was probably the cleanest thing he had his hands on all day, so to keep it that way, he washed his hands before he touched it. This actually has some merit, for in some medical quarters it is believed that men who are not fussy about keeping their nether regions clean, may well be responsible for causing some cancers (mainly cervical) in women. I have no idea if this is true. What I do know, without doubt, is that the majority of men do not wash their hands after urination, either at home or in public toilets, whereas I can count one one hand the number of times I have encountered a female in a public lavatory who has not. This is why more men were believed to have caught Covid than women. OMG I apologise if I am derailing. I very rarely post anything off topic.
... maybe people should start putting masks on their bits as well and cleaning them with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer ... may well help to put an end to Covid ...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Let's not forget Natasha is Nutti. Lalande is a place of kindness??? What happened to life, love and laughter???

Natasha Remember La Lande is a place of kindness so please be kind always.
her grammar is as good s mine. And Natti is Natasha?

So does it mean that when the both of us having the same grammar, could I be Natti? :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Just (very) quickly watched the 2 CD vlogs at Christie's.

I wonder if all these people being ecstatic in front of what the queen Marie Antoinette had or what the Empress (not the queen Steph !) Catherine the Great ordered to her jewelers meant for the French peasants and the moujiks (Russian peasants with a legal serf status) ??

Come on ! Think harder !

I'm pretty sure your own ancestors were among these poor peasants and not with the nobility !!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
her grammar is as good s mine. And Natti is Natasha?

So does it mean that when the both of us having the same grammar, could I be Natti? :eek:
Critical thinking in text/typing/syntax comparison sleuthing is at a premium here. We know for realz you are Dana, no, wait, the Nordic Weirdo, in real life. No, wait. Arnold Schwartzenegger! Lotte Lenya?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I do it often. Today, without French, I discovered it is in the center of a network of youth centers in the scores of small towns which surround it. Due diligence, always glad to be reminded of its utility. As for basketball, I was thinking of pickup games or games that could be played at Lalande or other kids' houses or in the park. Obvi that is soccer in France, which I suspect is played in the countryside. From Pointe de Corsen to Lauterbourg.
You can't just step in a Centre de Loisirs just for one hour playing basket-ball. It's all very organised. And Antoine not being resident in the region would make it more difficult.

I suspect that there are not a lot of other kids in the neighbourood. And if there are, knowing my French countryside people, they would not necessary be keen on playing with the "fils du chateau" anyway.

Rural people from the French deep countryside can be very reserved. And I'm not sure that the Lalande crowd is seen in a positive light (especially among the young people). I grew up in rural France (not far from Berry) and can tell you people there can be difficult.

Anyway, not sure that Antoine would enjoy it either as it is litteraly 2 worlds apart. He's a city boy who travels a lot and is used to a different milieu.

PS : Basketball is well played in France too. But more in towns and cities.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
What makes shoulders gay?? Actually don’t answer that…
When I saw his unattractive selfie I thought " Ooh....😝 he is lying in wait for Phyllis!"
But I didn't realize he is gay!!!! So now I REALLY am thinking," Ooh....he is lying in wait for Phyllis!!!"
Go GETTEM' doc!!!! And sweep him off his little dancing feet ....to somewhere else!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I fear for Dan as she seems to be his No1 superfan now 😱
I won’t worry about Dan, he seems to enjoy the company of the Hairy Russian Baker with hugs and see you in December. It’s unfortunate we don’t get to see that level of affection towards his partner Annalise.

Reactions: 7
The comfort factor - anything over priced, expensive is thrilling. Currently it's wallpeper. And then when she buys it, well, it gives her such joy, fulfilment, contentent. Until she sees something else she wants to buy, then the cycle starts again.
Had a colleague like it with clothes. She bought new clothes practically every single lunchtime! When I sked her once why, her reply was 'there's just so many nice things that make me feel better when I buy them'. She never wore 90% of it either. A cycle of buying, returning, buying, returning continued for years. It's an illness actually. Said colleague went to counselling. Didn't help her sadly. The bottom line she was unhappily married and couldn't see her way out. I wonder if SJ's materialistic obsession stems from childhood??
Absolutely. I suspect that SJ was a little, nerdy ( that is a plus in my book), thing. Very plain -as evidenced by pics our stellar detective team has uncovered. Shipped off to stay with anyone who would take her for the holidays and summer breaks by an unloving mother who never gave gifts. A father who was odd???? ( to put it nicely) who over indulged to compensate for the non- motherly mother.... And viola'!!!!! We have created StephenMe!!!

Reactions: 17
You can't just step in a Centre de Loisirs just for one hour playing basket-ball. It's all very organised. And Antoine not being resident in the region would make it more difficult.

I suspect that there are not a lot of other kids in the neighbourood. And if there are, knowing my French countryside people, they would not necessary be keen on playing with the "fils du chateau" anyway.

Rural people from the French deep countryside can be very reserved. And I'm not sure that the Lalande crowd is seen in a positive light (especially among the young people). I grew up in rural France (not far from Berry) and can tell you people there can be difficult.

Anyway, not sure that Antoine would enjoy it either as it is litteraly 2 worlds apart. He's a city boy who travels a lot and is used to a different milieu.

PS : Basketball is well played in France too. But more in towns and cities.
So, knowing that the nearby country kids might (perhaps quite rightly) not be friendly, what did you do for friends in rural France? Living in foreign countries, or out in the country in the US, my mother got me into summer camp, arts programs, Sunday school, and drove me 50 miles a day in the summer to get me back and forth. I know France is full of really good government funded amenities for kids -- without focussing on this particular kid, would they not welcome summer residents if properly enrolled? Do you have police league or church athletics as we do, to keep restless teenaged boys out of trouble? And if not athletic, what would be some of the activities available, if any? As a child, can one manage to overcome rural suspicions and find playmates? I'm thinking of Dan's children, who are attending French school locally. JP speaks French and this certainly will help him assimilate.
(I have long experience of Cambodian immigrants. The children born during the genocide were significantly shorter and slighter. The way to assimilate in America is to play high school sports. If you don't, you don't. These kids were too small for basketball or football, could not afford soccer equipment or after school transpo. So they joined gangs. They literally could have been saved if there had been basketball leagues for little, really talented, killer athletes. So they assimilated into American life in juvenile detention, not a good start. I think probably this is why I'm focussed on sports in this case, which may not be relevant.)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Re. Bank accounts and business in France.

It's mandatory to have a separate bank account for your company when you are fee-lance (auto-entrepreneur) and if your company makes more than 10.000 euros per year for 2 consecutive years.

If your company has a capital, it is mandatory to have a professional bank account.

So, knowing that the nearby country kids might (perhaps quite rightly) not be friendly, what did you do for friends in rural France? Living in foreign countries, or out in the country in the US, my mother got me into summer camp, arts programs, Sunday school, and drove me 50 miles a day in the summer to get me back and forth. I know France is full of really good government funded amenities for kids -- without focussing on this particular kid, would they not welcome summer residents if properly enrolled? Do you have police league or church athletics as we do, to keep restless teenaged boys out of trouble? And if not athletic, what would be some of the activities available, if any? As a child, can one manage to overcome rural suspicions and find playmates? I'm thinking of Dan's children, who are attending French school locally. JP speaks French and this certainly will help him assimilate.
I have long experience of Cambodian immigrants. The children born during the genocide were significantly shorter and slighter. The way to assimilate in America is to play high school sports. If you don't, you don't. These kids were too small for basketball or football, could not afford soccer equipment or after school transpo. So they joined gangs. They literally could have been saved if there had been basketball leagues for little, really talented, killer athletes. So they assimilated into American life in juvenile detention, not a good start.
That was different : I grew up and went to school there.

I had my friends and was part of their world.

Yes : summer camps (centres aérés, colonies de vacances) are very good in France. The young people are very well entertained.

But once again, Antoine is not a resident and maybe doesn't really wants to play with kids he doesn't know when he spent all his school year in a boarding school.

PS : For Dan's kids, it's a different situation. They go (or will go) to the local French school and then, will be part of the local community.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Critical thinking in text/typing/syntax comparison sleuthing is at a premium here. We know for realz you are Dana, no, wait, the Nordic Weirdo, in real life. No, wait. Arnold Schwartzenegger! Lotte Lenya?
or maybe I could be… Diesel?

Muahahahaha!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I watched Selmar's latest flog, well fast forwarded through most of it ,and I wonder if he's eyeing up that farm where he's been fixing the gate as a potential new parking place for his camper ? It's near to the shitoo, he cycles to it for shiatsu massages a couple of times a week.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.