The Chateau Diaries #70 Thank you for the little cockerel - it will do for now

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see anything wrong with being a tomboy, wearing what makes you happy. To insinuate that a woman's worth to a partner will be short lived based on style is selling women short. Cat seems to have enough confidence to wear whatever she wants to and I give major props for that.
I think she came back for the music workshop this time? Unfortunately it puts her back in Steppy's orbit but perhaps making contacts within the music world is more important to her than possibly contracting Steppinitus?
Agree. I like her guts, - and talking of guts, I love the way she shows off in her cropped tops giving a sweet f. a about not being very thin. This girl rocks her confidence, and must lead her life the way she likes. The right girl or guy will probably turn up at some point, if that is what she wants. She is fab, fancy just wanting to sing a Russian song like that,- she likes a challenge.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
IMO I really don’t see evidence that Nic’s Marie hates SJ. She has been around for a long time as evidenced on here with pics of her at the chateau partying. After all SJ met Nic more than 25 years ago. When they were both very young. If they were intimate partners seems like it is water under the bridge. The relationship I don’t get is the Ruthie, Potty & SJ triangle. SJ & Potty lasted a decade and Ruthie being a friend. I certainly don’t like to share! Ever!
I certainly would not get my nails done with a perceived rival, someone I did not like, unless it is a situation of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
Also I find it irritating that Nick is keeping up the guise of not appearing on camera. We all know what you look like! I understand not wanting to be filmed so you make that clear before the camera comes out.
That Nick is also a nutcase...and an attentionseeker..with his bag over his head..pathetic..you should be married to a guy like that..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
you can scan documents in, send them through email and get them signed back..no need to go there for papers alone i guess..i do it all the time..saves me a lott of hours stuck in traffic...
They might need to sign the documents together at a bank or in front of a notary or whatever the equivalent is in those 3 countries. I feel for her team of accountants. And yes they are going to charge charge charge!
I worked for a Swedish company incorporated in Switzerland doing business in Spain and the US. Most of the employees were not from any of those countries either. The paperwork was endless and if you didn’t stay on top of it all the charges for a ‘rush job’ were monumental and the owner was a billionaire not a grifter yet we still had to be mindful.

Reactions: 13
Even if Marie and Nick decide to come for Halloween, and they probably will as Marie has said it herself in the patreon video, I hope they leave Antoine in Belgium. It's really not fair to a child to be subjected to that level of toxicity, especially if they allow SJ to film him. And even if they don't allow it, she will, we all know that.
you just have to look back at Selmars vlog...him with lonely Antoine in the kitchen..and Marie came in...that vlog gave me enough insight about things...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Yes, you could see at the time that he was shocked about it; it was a patron video and he said she had taken him by surprise. Both he and Natti were asked to report to the patrons on their work and both were shocked as she had told neither in advance that she would be asking them to do that on film. It just confirms her lack of preparation for the patron reports and thus her lack of respect for both patrons and employees. He must understandably be hopping mad. You only have to look at his face when she films in the normal vlogs, to see how daft he thinks she is but he has to pretend to like her and keeps in with her because he wants the work. He has the measure of her, after all the time he's worked there.
this is quite interesting...seems she is spreading the liability around. IOW...if I go under...u do too. she is a clever wench. must be the old girls influence.

Reactions: 7
good lord that’s a well painted image for all us 😳

oh Count if only clients had been as accommodating as you-the hours I logged just to get signatures, often having to drag an additional witness ugh…anyway we all know Fanny didn’t just need signatures-she always wants more from everyone and scheming doesn’t fax or convert well to electronic documents does it well actually (it does but that’s how ya get caught)
so true..but i have my accounts up to date...and nothing to hide..i think Fan has a lott hidden...but they will catch her in the end...they always do..they leave you to it for .. a few years...to get a bigger fish to catch...she must be very carefull and aware..but i think that she thinks that she is smarter than the taxoffice...she will end up with a very nasty surprise...

Reactions: 16
[QUOT="Bored Mermaid CC, post: 6534572, member: 221193"]
since she hates dogs I’m gonna laugh everytime one of those gorgeous giant labs gives her a sloppy kiss or tries to hold her hand in their mouth

...even better...when one of ‘em takes a huge dump on her ugly toile catastrophe of a bed.

p.s....we had a golden who did this to a ‘friend’ he stayed with for a day...embarrassing, but ... on the inside...we laughed...and he got an extra steak. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
you just have to look back at Selmars vlog...him with lonely Antoine in the kitchen..and Marie came in...that vlog gave me enough insight about things...
Sorry, I have not watched much of Selmars vlogs, he mumbles and puts me to sleep, what happened?
I can only assume that Selmar was filming and did not ask permission for Antoine to be filmed or more likely was absolutely clueless that he needed to ask and Antoine wandered in and was filmed and Selmar did not have the smarts to stop filming .

Reactions: 6
Sorry, I have not watched much of Selmars vlogs, he mumbles and puts me to sleep, what happened?
I can only assume that Selmar was filming and did not ask permission for Antoine to be filmed or more likely was absolutely clueless that he needed to ask and Antoine wandered in and was filmed and Selmar did not have the smarts to stop filming .
No, it was actually really sad because it was Selmar's birthday and he had to celebrate it in the kitchen by himself because everybody was too busy doing their own things. Antoine did join him as his mother had to work and had no time to watch him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
No, it was actually really sad because it was Selmar's birthday and he had to celebrate it in the kitchen by himself because everybody was too busy doing their own things. Antoine did join him as his mother had to work and had no time to watch him.
Oh that is really sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Agree. I like her guts, - and talking of guts, I love the way she shows off in her cropped tops giving a sweet f. a about not being very thin. This girl rocks her confidence, and must lead her life the way she likes. The right girl or guy will probably turn up at some point, if that is what she wants. She is fab, fancy just wanting to sing a Russian song like that,- she likes a challenge.
she sure does like a challenge...and a lott of attention too...i guess thats why she ended up there...

Reactions: 12
Dan’s vlog tonight is shining a bright light on the deplorable state of SJ’s heating system, with basically all the radiators leaking because of rust. Instead of finding a quick and permanent solution with winter not far off, they chose to just take of the radiators and wait till someone comes up with a better idea. So typical. Luckily SJ prefers her state of the art tit show in winter to only be 11C, so for now that should not be too big of a problem. I guess looking forward has never been their strong suit. Do we feel another fundraiser coming up???
Also: Dan's footage of their dishwashing kitchen clearly shows how dirty the place is...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Whilst I think both men and women would be attracted to Cat, she is interested in men in a romantic way and in women for friendship only. And I am sure she will find lots of new friends to complement her old ones and a worthy man will find her. However, she is not desperate and is living her life as she wants to live it. I think she is a fantastic woman, Great fun, loyal. I would love to have her as a friend. She is an asset to the chateau and she rocks. Cat, Dan, Annalise and Ruby are all cool cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I do not know how volunteer organisations work in France but in the UK there are no formal interviews, background checks,or references required for voluntary work at all, unless you are going to be working with children or very vulnerable people. I have had a few voluntary posts since I retired. For my latest post as a tour guide I had health and safety training, and safeguarding after I'd been working there for a while. Most big organisations in the UK like English Heritage, the National Trust, the major Cathedrals,(the guides), WRVS (hospital tea bars),charity shops, RSPCA, most big charities rely on volunteers.
I did a similar scheme to Workaway in the UK. No interview or checks. It's not unusual.
I feel that if volunteers had to go through the same checks that paid workers did, there would not be many people volunteering and the organisations would not be able to run. Some organisations run on a shoestring budget relying on public donation. They would collapse if they had to use more paid workers. As a volunteer you have to work hard for no pay. You would have to really want to do it, have an interest in the organisation, be dedicated. People who are not suitable soon leave. This is just my personal opinion.
I was very enthusiastic about volunteering after my retirement, and was very sad to discover how many supposedly worthy organizations put volunteers in charge of crucial work and give them no support. I volunteered at a municipal botanical garden and was given the task of rewriting the plant list, which hadn't been updated in 15 years. In other words, the labels and guide materials available to the public had no resemblance to actual plantings. I made eight separate appointments with the three botanists in charge to share updated plant list, and was stood up without notice or apology eight times. I thought that was monstrous for public employees and quit. Repeated, if less egregiously, at the public access TV station, undocumented workers' clinic, etc. Altho the people at the undoc workers' clinic did vet us really thoroughly in case we were FBI agents, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Selmar was celabrating his birthday...alone in the kitchen, together with Antoine..marie didnt know where Antoine was..at some point she entered the kitchen...not aware that Selmar was filming...it was very telling how things go around there...not always love and laughter...like they want us to believe...

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Dan’s vlog tonight is shining a bright light on the deplorable state of SJ’s heating system, with basically all the radiators leaking because of rust. Instead of finding a quick and permanent solution with winter not far off, they chose to just take of the radiators and wait till someone comes up with a better idea. So typical. Luckily SJ prefers her state of the art tit show in winter to only be 11C, so for now that should not be too big of a problem. I guess looking forward has never been their strong suit. Do we feel another fundraiser coming up???
Also: Dan's footage of their dishwashing kitchen clearly shows how dirty the place is...
I looked at that kitchen floor and wondered to myself when last it have a good scrub. I’ve never seen anyone clean it.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.