The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There hasn't been a vlog from Lalande since Christmas Eve! Has Ruth finally run amok with a candlestick in the Winter Salon?

Brenda has managed to dodge lockdown and has barricaded herself into Lalande?

Tomaz has returned to settle a few old scores?

Hanni has revealed herself after hiding away in the attic for the past few months?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She would twirl, clap her hands and flip hair coquetteishly. All while wearing her robe.
She would. Her gestures and self-conscious body language are so annoying and OTT! Not at all natural. By the way, I noticed the grotesque spitting image bauble seemed to be missing from the tree! Shame, it was such a good likeness!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Seriously every day is a holiday
And a bank 🏦 holiday to boot 👢

The wheels on the laLande bus 🚎
Are not just punctures

They fell off - not a whole nut [] attached to any one

The chatelaine has like Marie anntonette decreed-for the superfans
- let them eat cake 🍰

- as she slides into her 100 stars ⭐ robe clutching her ITEMIZED catalogue of gifts 🎁 and her Laplander minion PP of Lande nostril reads them to her whist clutching her Spode sippy cup ......

Watch as small aprons mymmmy trys a further repatriation to France 🇫🇷
and a buy mummy a coffee page springs up 😝😝😝

Personally not bothered 😕 Disney + is the new go to .... leaste I know I’m watching a fairy tale .... that has an ending

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not sure how YT can allow a vlogger to make money while blatantly violating the law with the Covid lockdown.
There have got to be plenty of French locals who do not benefit from Lalande’s seemingly ‘British only’ contractor rule and aren’t happy with her in the first place. And don’t forget someone sent the water police after SJ. She is definitely on the radar or she wouldn’t have been on the French reality bnb tv show.
In Los Angeles the Mayor cut the utilities off on a house that kept hosting parties during lockdown. Cannot imagine life in Lalande with no electricity!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not sure how YT can allow a vlogger to make money while blatantly violating the law with the Covid lockdown.
There have got to be plenty of French locals who do not benefit from Lalande’s seemingly ‘British only’ contractor rule and aren’t happy with her in the first place. And don’t forget someone sent the water police after SJ. She is definitely on the radar or she wouldn’t have been on the French reality bnb tv show.
In Los Angeles the Mayor cut the utilities off on a house that kept hosting parties during lockdown. Cannot imagine life in Lalande with no electricity!
♥♥♥ You made my night ...😝😝😝😝😝

Reactions: 6
☎ Red alert 🚨
C bomb 💣 got a late Christmas 🎄 pressie

Now she’s Officially OFFICIALLY
The PREMIER FB for doing it ourselves ...
as of 6 hours ago ......😂😂🙈

Threw out the chestnut 🌰 am now stoking the AGA ... for the pop corn 🌽

FYI seems chat oooo laLande is in vlog shutdown.... breaking house rules ... too many guests

Also any other tattle noticing how many newbies stroking an age olde 🧵.. for some SPIRITED ... Agro .....

Seems tattle is on the money 💰 ...🚨🚨🚨
Or maybe the local gendarmes have paid them a visit?
You are so right! A visit from les gendarmes on Christmas Day with 16 settings for dining. How special for the Princess aka Belle de Jour!

So Marie doesn't know?
I am sure Marie does, probably a cover up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Advent is over but the Lalande addiction goes on… Fans can enjoy the gift opening tomorrow if their stomachs can take it!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm also looking for a new vlog to watch, I'm tired of Belle de jour here, pls share if you do. In the meantime, Chateau De La Lande will soon become Brocante De La Lande with all non-stop gifts 😱🤤🤨.
Positano Diaries has really grown on me. It features an English lady with her Italian partner and their teen daughter slow living in a beautiful part of Italy. The vlogger, Nicki Storey, has gotten better and better with time. But PD has suddenly exploded with subscribers; I hope the channel does not lose its charm.

And--as a bonus for all those put off by SJ's materialism--Nicki has specifically asked NOT to be sent presents or gifts. Apparently, the customs fees Nicki is charged are often higher than the value of what she is being sent. My take on Nicki's no-gift policy: her smallish house is 400+ steps up from the road; why would she want to carry a bunch of random junk up all those stairs that she has no room for anyway.

Right, where have we ended up towards the end of 2020 in this weird collision of old French chateaux, expat Britons and contemporary social media culture?

Chateau Diaries, SJ, LOTLL: our chatelaine has run herself down to the point of hospitalisation. Lalande is heaving with gifts and Patreon funds and continues to crumble despite the pink gravel. Guests and volunteers have largely fled and those who are left are blinking like Norwegian moose on a dark road in the headlights.

Doing it Ourselves, The Trotters, MP, Ryan and a frightened looking chihuahua: Almost everyone, except for Poor Gwendoline and baby Earnest, have their own boring channel. Basmaignee is still dark and moody. Billy continues to show why British television dropped them like an overrated Range Rover onto the expat used car market. The Aga life support system purporting to be a gardener’s cottage is still largely a barn apart from one corner with a half finished kitchen. More gofundme anyone?

And the superfans, Dear Brenda, Karen Cbomb and the war within: Lalande claims the Donegal Dumpster as their own and casts cbomb into the moat. Cbomb is fished out by Ma Trotter and pressed into service for Petherick Promotions.

“Free Gwendoline” indeed.

I’m not sure I’ll be participating in any new Petherick thread as I think it’s all still related to CD (it’s a whole ecosystem) but understand the sentiment and will grit teeth if future Trotter posts here are deemed “off topic”.
ChocLili, This would make a fine summary for the new Free Gwendoline thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone can feel free to copy and paste if they want but I’m staying parked in this garage. I can’t follow two threads for this subject! Each to their own though. Early days, but it is about as quiet there so far as it is/was in guru-gossip (see earlier CD threads about this ‘distraction’ if you’re ‘new’). :) To be fair though, it IS very early in the European morning right now . . .

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It seems that SJ has difficulty editing either bc she is still drunk or after the back
I don’t know if that would be possible given the timeline of Cat’s departure from LaLande, visit to Michael and arrival at home for XMas, she posted on insta stories when she was home.
I shall congratulate her on her escape

"Free Gwendoline!" gets my vote for the name of a separate Pethericks thread. :)
To be fair i think lady Gwendoline gets a good use out of them in return

There hasn't been a vlog from Lalande since Christmas Eve! Has Ruth finally run amok with a candlestick in the Winter Salon?

Brenda has managed to dodge lockdown and has barricaded herself into Lalande?

Tomaz has returned to settle a few old scores?

Hanni has revealed herself after hiding away in the attic for the past few months?
Thank you this made me laugh so hard
I imagined hani as this single white woman

So Marie doesn't know?
And she callee sj "she", did she suddenly forgot her name?!?

France is no US, just to explain our foreign friends
French people have different approach to their government, they basically ignore it, the goverment is her for them not the other way around even if they get bossed by them, they know that they can abolish/overule it and they often do
The 6ppl rule is just that it is jot a law as far as i know
And all french ppl i know they didnt care the slightest about quarantine, lockdown etc
(Nor german ppl)
This is standard behaviour

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Stephanie has posted on patreon, saying that she has taken 2 days off. She will start posting from tomorrow

Reactions: 4
You are so right! A visit from les gendarmes on Christmas Day with 16 settings for dining. How special for the Princess aka Belle de Jour!

I am sure Marie does, probably a cover up.
I just assumed it was the 24 Advent vlogs as mentioned and then back to normal days after Christmas?

Right, where have we ended up towards the end of 2020 in this weird collision of old French chateaux, expat Britons and contemporary social media culture?

Chateau Diaries, SJ, LOTLL: our chatelaine has run herself down to the point of hospitalisation. Lalande is heaving with gifts and Patreon funds and continues to crumble despite the pink gravel. Guests and volunteers have largely fled and those who are left are blinking like Norwegian moose on a dark road in the headlights.

Doing it Ourselves, The Trotters, MP, Ryan and a frightened looking chihuahua: Almost everyone, except for Poor Gwendoline and baby Earnest, have their own boring channel. Basmaignee is still dark and moody. Billy continues to show why British television dropped them like an overrated Range Rover onto the expat used car market. The Aga life support system purporting to be a gardener’s cottage is still largely a barn apart from one corner with a half finished kitchen. More gofundme anyone?

And the superfans, Dear Brenda, Karen Cbomb and the war within: Lalande claims the Donegal Dumpster as their own and casts cbomb into the moat. Cbomb is fished out by Ma Trotter and pressed into service for Petherick Promotions.

“Free Gwendoline” indeed.

I’m not sure I’ll be participating in any new Petherick thread as I think it’s all still related to CD (it’s a whole ecosystem) but understand the sentiment and will grit teeth if future Trotter posts here are deemed “off topic”.
Indeed. And where would we muse about Cat and Ryan? I agree it’s all inextricably linked and the new page can be for those no longer interested in SJ.

And she callee sj "she", did she suddenly forgot her name?!?
The questioner referred to Stephanie by name... You wouldn’t normally repeat her name would you? I am confused by your comment!

Cat...

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
OK...I'm new here and have been reading the Stephanie Jarvis thread but it was closed to new posts and I desperately wanted to comment on a subject that was debated back and forth with no one wanting to concede their opinion on "who said what"...so here goes...in an episode of Cadeau at the Chateau Michael Petherick got a pencil drawing from a fan and evidently someone said they heard someone saying "appalling artwork" off camera. One camp says Hanni said it and another camp said Michael said it. I watched that video about 10 times and I saw Hanni toss some pieces of paper over the back of the sofa and heard Hanni say SOMETHING but it sounded more to me like she was saying "probably not worth it". I'm sorry, I just did not hear "appalling artwork" anywhere in the video. I will continue to watch the video and see what was said but it was Hanni who said something to Stephanie but I'm not convinced it was "appalling artwork".

Perhaps they could try a ransom note for Gwen's release?
Random note 📝 😂

You’ve made some interesting points here. Anyone posting anything (obvs including us lot) & having an internet presence can never slide away into obscurity. Especially in middle France where not too much goes on, I’d imagine SJ has a fluorescent arrow in the sky pointing towards the chateau and french authorities are only too aware of the boho-whackos that are hanging out there - more so in the time of Covid.

Good thing she has a hefty Patreon fund to fleece for fines ....

Positano Diaries has really grown on me. It features an English lady with her Italian partner and their teen daughter slow living in a beautiful part of Italy. The vlogger, Nicki Storey, has gotten better and better with time. But PD has suddenly exploded with subscribers; I hope the channel does not lose its charm.

And--as a bonus for all those put off by SJ's materialism--Nicki has specifically asked NOT to be sent presents or gifts. Apparently, the customs fees Nicki is charged are often higher than the value of what she is being sent. My take on Nicki's no-gift policy: her smallish house is 400+ steps up from the road; why would she want to carry a bunch of random junk up all those stairs that she has no room for anyway.

Superb. Thank you for covering everything.

Indeed. And where would we muse about Cat and Ryan? I agree it’s all inextricably linked and the new page can be for those no longer interested in SJ.

The questioner referred to Stephanie by name... You wouldn’t normally repeat her name would you? I am confused by your comment!

Cat...

Cat...
Jaw-droppingly nasty. Those photos 😱😩😵

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
OK...I'm new here and have been reading the Stephanie Jarvis thread but it was closed to new posts and I desperately wanted to comment on a subject that was debated back and forth with no one wanting to concede their opinion on "who said what"...so here goes...in an episode of Cadeau at the Chateau Michael Petherick got a pencil drawing from a fan and evidently someone said they heard someone saying "appalling artwork" off camera. One camp says Hanni said it and another camp said Michael said it. I watched that video about 10 times and I saw Hanni toss some pieces of paper over the back of the sofa and heard Hanni say SOMETHING but it sounded more to me like she was saying "probably not worth it". I'm sorry, I just did not hear "appalling artwork" anywhere in the video. I will continue to watch the video and see what was said but it was Hanni who said something to Stephanie but I'm not convinced it was "appalling artwork".
Welcome! I seem to remember that our debate was not so much about what was said but who said it - Hanni or the then in vogue Michael Petherick. For the record it was Hanni muttering “appalling artwork” (now let the second debate begin 😅).

We tend to agree though that a vast majority of the gift-grab loot is “appalling” however!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.