The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂 😂 I didn't know what that meant at the time. Not into horror movies but if it's a good one worth watching and the covid vacuum continues might give it watch.
I rewatched the trailer as if Marie was the midssomar girl and suddenly I wonder if the director was onto laland before the made this movie

Yes I do but didn't want to bring out the paintings earlier. I've been mulling over the parental/child dynamics for a while now.
Interesting thought point and to me a bizarre way to view your child.
Freud would be the most obvious choice to solve this but hmmm I will need to sleep on this one

Reactions: 4
for now let me just say, that it was always my dream that my father would paint me in a imaginative manner, wasn't it yours? it is just so playful and whimsical....
😂 eer, no, my father was in the Royal Navy and couldn't give two hoots about art 😂 Although I do think he would have found it odd to depict his daughter in that way and military men are very open minded about sex.

Reactions: 6
Also those florals that Marie really likes looks a lot like those in the movie 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I messaged Sheila Roper through Etsy to tell her that BG was selling calendars using a print of her painting. She replied saying that BG had asked her for permission and she agreed and assumes BG has also asked the others concerned. I was very surprised. Maybe she had already received a warning as I think someone else said they were contacting Etsy. Wonder if Oliver gave permission! How do such people get away with this?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
😂 😂 I didn't know what that meant at the time. Not into horror movies but if it's a good one worth watching and the covid vacuum continues might give it watch.

Thank you (y) One of the things I like about this forum is cultural exchange.
.. 'the notions' from MojoDublin 😂 still laughing about that one and it's been adopted in our household
.. the German expression from 66carola which I can't remember now but could be taken to mean a moocher or drifter through life. Began with K ?
You mean "Lebenskünstler"? Which means translated "lifeartist".
In Germany you can even put it as occupation in your passport. I once bought an apartment from someone who stated it as profession at the notary. He lived from an allowance by his ex wife.
I believe it is even a loanword in English?

If children don't perform well in school people say: "you can always become a Lebenskünstler "😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I messaged Sheila Roper through Etsy to tell her that BG was selling calendars using a print of her painting. She replied saying that BG had asked her for permission and she agreed and assumes BG has also asked the others concerned. I was very surprised. Maybe she had already received a warning as I think someone else said they were contacting Etsy. Wonder if Oliver gave permission! How do such people get away with this?

That is interesting, I did report BG's Etsy shop. If you already had art on Etsy, why would you give permission to somebody else on Etsy to sell it? How many others did Brenda ask?

• Wow
That is interesting, I did report BG's Etsy shop. If you already had art on Etsy, why would you give permission to somebody else on Etsy to sell it? How many others did Brenda ask?
Wonder if she felt cajoled into it and that she couldn't refuse ?

• Heart
from maries vlog (no copyright infringement intended)
So, here is why I love being around Stephanie:
<3 She loves robes
and she wears them more than you wear your office shirt. Stephanie has a good collection of beautiful robes. She always looks stunning coming down for her morning tea, even if she´s just woken up and hasn´t looked in the mirror. Yes, she is that girl!
<3 so dam polite
I guess being British has something to do with it. She is always so polite, even if I break her porcelain. Haha. Sometimes I swear she pretends that she doesn’t hear the glass hit the floor. (Not that I break that much….)
<3 Easy to please
She always has the biggest smile and sweetest face. When I give her a cup of tea in bed, or just when she talks to her mother on the phone. A piece of chocolate or an avocado toast could solve world problems.
<3 Incredible fun
I think our age difference is around 16 years, but I rarely think about it. Stephanie is so fun and giggly that I sometimes think she is younger than me.
<3 She is a romantic fairytale lover
From an early age, Stephanie decided that she wanted to live in a castle, and now she does. She loves all the epic fun that comes with a chateau life and so does all of her friends. If prince charming came riding in on a white horse, all would be well.
<3 She keeps surprising me
Stephanie is so incredibly smart, compassionate and dedicated. She always seems to impress me, whether it´s jumpstarting a car, singing opera, playing the piano or driving the tractor.
<3 Happy when upset
Sometimes when Stephanie says she is in a bad mood she has the lightest and cutest voice. It´s hard to believe she´s actually sad!
<3 Patience
She is one incredibly patient woman, especially with other people. The other day she sat in the car waiting for me to finish some food shopping. I think I was gone for hours!
<3 Ambitious as hell
If there´s one thing that I adore about people, it´s ambition. There is something about people that have that extra gear and determination to reach their dreams. Stephanie is one of those people.

the midsommar girl didn't even know how much truth there is

I'm in!! Cults, festivals, drugs and weirdos. Couldn't ask for more.
Cheers for the trailer (y)
this cadeau keeps on giving
and when you think it cannot get any better, you pull up those paintings which are just a nail in the coffin...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Wonder if she felt cajoled into it and that she couldn't refuse ?
or she might have said that it is just for her few friends who adore the schat-o
and forgot to mention that she will have some couple 100 leftovers to sell

• Heart
Is it possible that Sheila Roper thinks that the proceeds from the calendar are going to Lalande? It would be a fair assumption to make for those not aware of BG's true character.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh good lord, this was spewed up on my youtube feed. Why god, Why!! o_O I was looking for the man who built his house in the redwood trees in Canada.
So, if anyone fancy's watching a woman who probably has self induced type 2 diabetes make cookies on shite oooo wanna be chatelaines channel here you are.

If children don't perform well in school people say: "you can always become a Lebenskünstler "😂
😂😂 that does not begin with K. Cheers, I need to try to remember that word. My husband speaks German so he can help with pronunciation.
Yes, life artist is used in the UK but only by people who do nothing productive in life and live on social benefits handouts. Certainly isn't classed as a 'profession' and I doubt it can be used on a passport.
I wonder if German language teachers ever use it in our schools when some kids are doing their head in. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Drones are the male bees. They are there for the conservation of the species not to feed the offspring.

But the allusion to SJ as queen bee was soo right, the others are the worker bees.
actually the drones - the worker bees all buzzing around outside and collecting the nectar- are all female..m all doing the work - anyone surprised?😜🤣🤣

I guess Dana cook and Philip does the dishes. I don't think any of the guests will help.
I'm going to say that if I am paying freaking €195 a night in a run down place without base boards- why MAIS NON... I will most certainly not... be doing dishes... nor will I be making dinner😜🤣🤣

• Haha
She is surrounded by adults not children. The reverse of this is that she is the child surrounded by adults.
Mandy – age 32
Natti – age 38
Marie – age 30
Kat – age 25 (wise old head on young shoulders)
Selmar – age 52 (not stupid, keeps to himself in his van and sees SJ for what she is, shown in his typical Dutch blunt statements and facial expressions. Perhaps finding new ground in the way he is with women as was alluded to in his interview. He is not a reader as he said but an outside active practical person so verbal expression isn’t his skill set)
Phillip – yep baby of the group (not watching it again, didn’t hear his answer – he needs to grow up and learn to cook for himself)

SJ – body issues? Body obsessed? Always provokes the centre of attention with her constant “that won’t fit me” statements towards the clothes sent. The others then have to gratify her.
Maybe she should lay off the constant cheese and beige food and eat more vegetables. Go Kat, broccoli is green not mean.

😴 Oh, it’s so amazing how everyone can send clothes that fit her perfectly.
Oh FFS it’s not difficult – she is a slim 5’ 4” with a rectangle/straight shape and clothing patterns are standardised (Zara, H&M, Galliano – she wears them, she shouts about it, anyone can research each makers sizing policy)
It’s very, very easy to estimate someone's body size when you are experienced in making and fitting clothes. I can tell people what bra size they are without measuring them first.
Are you sure of those ages my dear? If so, you have put my mind at rest. I have felt terrible thinking that Selmar was 68 and that when I reach his age I can only dream of looking so good for my age (I am late 40's)...I could not get over his age! Now you say 52, that would seem more right. They were asked in one of these calendars about their ages, did he not say 68? I must get my ears checked. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok - OKAY!! so did anyone see MISS fancy Panties tell Marie today - when opening up the advent "oh wow!! your didnt EAT IT ALREADY LIKE NORMAL" even poor Marie looked AGHAST... I mean WTF... What the actual F... what a dick to say that - record it - and then... PUT IT IN.... HOW MEAN can you get..... JEEZZZZZ

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
@Heathcliffe I think Selmar meant he was born in 1968

@nastynan13 I literally just finished watching it so went back and SJ said "you haven't peeked in that one" - referring to Marie knowing what was in an earlier gift (I'm sure theres a list of the calendar contents online).

• Haha
  • Heart
Are you sure of those ages my dear? If so, you have put my mind at rest. I have felt terrible thinking that Selmar was 68 and that when I reach his age I can only dream of looking so good for my age (I am late 40's)...I could not get over his age! Now you say 52, that would seem more right. They were asked in one of these calendars about their ages, did he not say 68? I must get my ears checked. :oops:
😂 😂 he was born in '68. I thought he said his age was 68 at first and then was confused from what he said in his interview and had to rewind it. (and thinking by eck I'll have some of what you're on)
I'm not if Marie is 30 exactly but she's thereabouts.
Good luck getting your ears checked 😂 , my friend is still waiting for an urgent heart consultant appointment after having caught covid in early feb and she now has bleeding behind one eye :cry:.

No wonder I couldn't find my video at first, its California not Canada. Doh! Tired :sleep:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
sandro37 said:
the thing is, there is no legal or any discussion here,
this is about someone hijacking the forum, making claims, trying to provoke and makes personal attacks

Well said both of you.
View attachment 345720
View attachment 345749
Bravo 👏 whist reading the diatribe from peacock 🦚
1 - I thought first ... accounts being hijacked
2. - read the next .... mmmm insider job here sprang to mind
3.- read another 😳 WTAF .. cut deep and was totally unnecessary
4. Reverted back to point 1

However we’re all multi cultural here and not everyone GETS everyone s humor
I let most things fly ... but of late ...

it’s totally obvious there’s a systematic attempt to come on tattle and try to hyjack the thread

So back to main point ...

we know they read tattle
We know they take heed ...😝

Lay off the vino
as you out yourself sad lurkers
with a massive attitude and arrogant streak

Fact
you sit in front of the camera 🎥
Careful what you wish for not all viewers lap up all you try to sell

With that .... enjoy 😉
Ppps
Advent calendars 📆 in most part
sans the ark ward moments..... are a 4-10

• Heart
  • Haha
Yes, I agree, but anti-age products are the biggest and fastest growing segment in skin care. In general women aren't rocking their ageing. It's hard to accept it if your looks have been always complimented, it becomes a problem only if that's all you have. But even those beautiful women who have decided to rock ageing with positivity have made a conscience decision to come out of it this way and not fight against it. I believe first signs of ageing are a watershed in beautiful women's life, there's always before and after, how you handle it depends of your intellect and what kind of life you've built around you.

When he opens his mouth he loses all his charm. He photographs his women as objects, they're just pretty, sexy, whatever, but he never tries to capture their inner world.
Interesting about women's aging Lolander. Interesting thoughts. We are going through the start of menopause in our house I think, and I must admit I feel like a useless supporter. I am also frightened that my wife will fall neatly into the category of women who do not handle ageing well, as she is used to her looks being great assets. I am not sure if I will cope well with her mourning her looks. She says it is ok for us men to age but not for women, and I guess she means in the eyes of the world, which is not a wrong observation. Does not mean we love to age though. I just find it a waste of time worrying about something we can't change. The alternative is worse. Stephanie appears to not worry much about her looks, she never seems to keep her hair in order, very straight out of bed and with roots. Nati is very pretty, but I don't find her sexy. Stephanie is sexy, that is why I watch :LOL: though at times I find her fairly annoying too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.