The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never understood how nudity empowers women, but Steph and Isabel found posing for her liberating. I don't see her photos as art, they're more documents of this "liberation".
So glad someone mentioned those photographers. Totally creepy and leery in my view.

Reactions: 13
😂 😂 he was born in '68. I thought he said his age was 68 at first and then was confused from what he said in his interview and had to rewind it. (and thinking by eck I'll have some of what you're on)
I'm not if Marie is 30 exactly but she's thereabouts.
Good luck getting your ears checked 😂 , my friend is still waiting for an urgent heart consultant appointment after having caught covid in early feb and she now has bleeding behind one eye :cry:.

No wonder I couldn't find my video at first, its California not Canada. Doh! Tired :sleep:
Sorry to hear about your friend. Thank you for clearing up this 68 issue, I was c o n f u s e d! Not having them checked now. ;)

Reactions: 1
I've never understood how nudity empowers women, but Steph and Isabel found posing for her liberating. I don't see her photos as art, they're more documents of this "liberation".
No me neither, I've never understood why this would this would be liberating. If you want to be nude, be nude. If you don't, then don't. Probably down to self inhibitions and they find it liberating to break their chains. Each to their own. I like skinny dipping (bit cold for that in the UK though, a wetsuit is needed or hypothermia will set in).

That photo exhibition was something else. Can you imagine having your artwork hanging in the rain
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: No, and neither would I ram it full of every bloody photo I've ever taken and have a load of whoever's bung it up any old fashion. Don't think she has heard of the phrase less is more.

I'm going to say that if I am paying freaking €195 a night in a run down place without base boards- why MAIS NON... I will most certainly not... be doing dishes... nor will I be making dinner😜🤣🤣
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'd rather be on a campsite than stay there for that money.
Doing the dishes or making dinner - only if I'm caught doing a runner from a 5* silver service restaurant 😂😂 I've lived in bohemian bunk ups that have better standards than her place.

I was c o n f u s e d! Not having them checked now. ;)
you won't need the Alzheimer's check either 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Wow the last episode, the one from sunday night was so tacky. It's almost like straight after their Q & A on saturday night, SJ went running off to M to say right tommorrow we are doing a whole section on you. Like I said it becomes a chore having to feed all the minions, after a while, they all want attention from the Queen. SJ was so fake in the episode, god, she's trying so hard to listen and look and pretend to be completely 100% focused as well as trying to be funny happy bubbly fake. It's cringe. The only personal natural in the episode is M. But then again it might be because she was being smothered in attention. God, I'd pack my bags call a taxi and be out of there in the middle of the night. Gone and never return. And I can't even mention BJJ he just makes me angry. He needs a slap up the head.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
She is a calculating manipulator, and probably has been from an early age, sitting in that Nursing home wondering how to escape. Bouncing down the corridors at an early age saying hello to the elderly, watching them pass-on, losing people so early, becoming a young florence nighting gale of nursing home socialite, to bring joy to everyones day. Learning to not attach too much because they are on their way out anyway, so keep it surface. And all the while wondering and wishing for the same stately home all to herself. That seed was sown. She then had to develop her persona around that goal, key boyfriends and posh language school, key love of everything posh. But never let anyone get to close, because it would deter her final goal and that is to be the lady of the house. There are no boundaries in this saga. If she was really a professional business woman, she'd be wearing a business outfit and running this place with an iron glove, making sure people are looked after in the right way, minimum wage, push the B&B hire real hotel staff not wannabe pop idols and whimsy artists. And de-clutter, but she's not business orientated, she's theatrical fairy like. That actually could be the downfall of this all. That place needs a proper Hotel manager. I doubt mummy is any good for that, she has her own ways that arent always ethical. So someone someday is going to have to step in and run that place like a manager and she can just float around how she wants. But until then she has to bring all the boys to the yard, even though she doesn't give out. And even if she did there is a pecking order. Potty would be up there in the top 5 and so would BJJ, maybe Selmar, maybe Nick if he wasnt married, definitely Mason, who else, all those australians that came over for a good time. So it's more in her interest to play but not display, that way she gets their power but doesnt have to give in return, okay maybe a bit of cleavage and a silky white lace leg and thigh. But that's it. This is totally orchestrated from a young child sitting in her bedroom playing barbie. Come on don't you see it.
Yes she is theatrical and fairy like. That doesn't make her a Narc.

I don't think she has to run her business the way you described. Its clearly just a side hustle for her.

She has admitted several times that she is not great at business or marketing, and she doesn't really seem that bothered if it breaks even or not and doesn't want to be a slave to it with her nose to the grindstone 24/7, its not like she needs the money. She'd rather travel and enjoy life and it seems she has that luxury so good on her I say.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Makes you wonder why Nick always wears those idiotic bags over his head? Maybe he doesn't want to have anything to do with Stephanie? If this is a side hustle for her, then why are her Patreons helping her achieve her goals? No way would I give her my hard earned money. I have zero sympathy for her.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
having to put up with a manipulating diva and her constant histrionics.
I literally do not know what videos you are watching! PLEASE link these constant histrionics, I am genuinely baffled!o_O

I'm going to say that if I am paying freaking €195 a night in a run down place without base boards- why MAIS NON... I will most certainly not... be doing dishes... nor will I be making dinner😜🤣🤣
They aren't paying guests of the B&B business, the B&B isn't open over Christmas. They are personal house guests/friends of SJ invited to her home for a Christmas holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Yes she is theatrical and fairy like. That doesn't make her a Narc.

I don't think she has to run her business the way you described. Its clearly just a side hustle for her.

She has admitted several times that she is not great at business or marketing, and she doesn't really seem that bothered if it breaks even or not and doesn't want to be a slave to it with her nose to the grindstone 24/7, its not like she needs the money. She'd rather travel and enjoy life and it seems she has that luxury so good on her I say.
So is the BnB the side hustle or the Gift Grab/Patreon begging?

And the more SJ divulges about her childhood where nothing adds up, the more curiousier and curiousier it is with the sudden jump from living above the ‘shop’ to multi millionaires in just a few short years. And how did her mother and father who met in Nursing School create and run a nursing home without any medical doctors around for licensing etc which would mean they would get a cut too. In the States there is always a doctor on staff to prescribe the medication. None of it makes sense. And enough with she must have inherited it from her maternal grandmother. If her grandmother was a multi millionaire (remember the wealth would have been spread amongst her cousins too and they don’t seem to have chateaux) she wouldn’t have allowed her grandchild to be neglected like stephanie was and to have a young teenage boy as a nanny.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
from maries vlog (no copyright infringement intended)
So, here is why I love being around Stephanie:
<3 She loves robes
and she wears them more than you wear your office shirt. Stephanie has a good collection of beautiful robes. She always looks stunning coming down for her morning tea, even if she´s just woken up and hasn´t looked in the mirror. Yes, she is that girl!
<3 so dam polite
I guess being British has something to do with it. She is always so polite, even if I break her porcelain. Haha. Sometimes I swear she pretends that she doesn’t hear the glass hit the floor. (Not that I break that much….)
<3 Easy to please
She always has the biggest smile and sweetest face. When I give her a cup of tea in bed, or just when she talks to her mother on the phone. A piece of chocolate or an avocado toast could solve world problems.
<3 Incredible fun
I think our age difference is around 16 years, but I rarely think about it. Stephanie is so fun and giggly that I sometimes think she is younger than me.
<3 She is a romantic fairytale lover
From an early age, Stephanie decided that she wanted to live in a castle, and now she does. She loves all the epic fun that comes with a chateau life and so does all of her friends. If prince charming came riding in on a white horse, all would be well.
<3 She keeps surprising me
Stephanie is so incredibly smart, compassionate and dedicated. She always seems to impress me, whether it´s jumpstarting a car, singing opera, playing the piano or driving the tractor.
<3 Happy when upset
Sometimes when Stephanie says she is in a bad mood she has the lightest and cutest voice. It´s hard to believe she´s actually sad!
<3 Patience
She is one incredibly patient woman, especially with other people. The other day she sat in the car waiting for me to finish some food shopping. I think I was gone for hours!
<3 Ambitious as hell
If there´s one thing that I adore about people, it´s ambition. There is something about people that have that extra gear and determination to reach their dreams. Stephanie is one of those people.

the midsommar girl didn't even know how much truth there is
An alternative lens....

So, here is why I love being around Stephanie:
<3 She loves robes
and she wears them more than you wear your office shirt. Stephanie has a good collection of beautiful robes. She always looks stunning coming down for her morning tea, even if she´s just woken up and hasn´t looked in the mirror. Yes, she is that girl!
<3 so dam polite
I guess being British has something to do with it. She is always so polite, even if I break her porcelain. Haha. Sometimes I swear she pretends that she doesn’t hear the glass hit the floor. (Not that I break that much….)
<3 Easy to please
She always has the biggest smile
and sweetest face. When I give her a cup of tea in bed, or just when she talks to her mother on the phone. A piece of chocolate or an avocado toast could solve world problems.
<3 Incredible fun
I think our age difference is around 16 years, but I rarely think about it. Stephanie is so fun and giggly that I sometimes think she is younger than me.
<3 She is a romantic fairytale lover
From an early age, Stephanie decided that she wanted to live in a castle, and now she does. She loves all the epic fun that comes with a chateau life and so does all of her friends. If prince charming came riding in on a white horse, all would be well.
<3 She keeps surprising me
Stephanie is so incredibly smart, compassionate and dedicated. She always seems to impress me, whether it´s jumpstarting a car, singing opera, playing the piano or driving the tractor.
<3 Happy when upset
Sometimes when Stephanie says she is in a bad mood she has the lightest and cutest voice. It´s hard to believe she´s actually sad!
<3 Patience
She is one incredibly patient woman, especially with other people.
The other day she sat in the car waiting for me to finish some food shopping. I think I was gone for hours!
<3 Ambitious as hell
If there´s one thing that I adore about people, it´s ambition. There is something about people that have that extra gear and determination to reach their dreams. Stephanie is one of those people.

Reactions: 5
It's actually not begging to me. She's making a tv show, we're watching it, and she gets paid for it. She's inspiring people and she needs to get her paper for turning on the camera and showing her unorganized rooms to a bunch of boomers on facebook. I'm coming from a fully American perspective here, obviously. But I wish my trippy parents had their kind of income to start. In my home town the farmers are the "old" money families and they just build a brand new house in the middle of the desert and dig their own lake, so British classism is wild.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Now I have to curb how I express myself here otherwise I am considered to argue and my posts get erased. It is not normal for someone to speak like SJ. Not even the queen of England speaks in this dialect. It is a crafted persona I would imagine she tried on as a child and felt I'll go with this. I would say she was speaking like that already before even becoming a teen. It is highly pretencious.This woman is an alter ego of the original version what ever that was. In fact borderlines, do that from an early age, they take on a second personality to cage the original weak personality that no one will ever see. They are scary people, even though you'd never think it. I'm not implying that she is BPD but it could very well be a clue due to her grandiose, fairy-like ways and completely fabricated speech. It is just not normal. I will not for a minute accept that this woman is a do gooder, and she's got you all conned.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
It's actually not begging to me. She's making a tv show, we're watching it, and she gets paid for it. She's inspiring people and she needs to get her paper for turning on the camera and showing her unorganized rooms to a bunch of boomers on facebook. I'm coming from a fully American perspective here, obviously. But I wish my trippy parents had their kind of income to start. In my home town the farmers are the "old" money families and they just build a brand new house in the middle of the desert and dig their own lake, so British classism is wild.
How is the gift grab inspiring?
Her pre-Covid vlogs were inspiring along with the Sunday’s but the last few months and the Advent calendars have been border line impossible to watch. I keep hoping they will show anything. Like what was Selmer up to back in David’s old work out area (what the hell happened to him, just disappeared, and yes I understand Covid but people just randomly get written out) after all of his machinery was purchased? And zero views of the garden after Isabel flew the coop. Remember they had big plans of arch walk ways and said coops that Isabel left behind and then nothing but pink gravel. She needs to focus on quality and not quantity. Editing all of the nonstop content has to be making her a little more bonkers that usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Now I have to curb how I express myself here otherwise I am considered to argue and my posts get erased. It is not normal for someone to speak like SJ. Not even the queen of England speaks in this dialect. It is a crafted persona I would imagine she tried on as a child and felt I'll go with this. I would say she was speaking like that already before even becoming a teen. It is highly pretencious.This woman is an alter ego of the original version what ever that was. In fact borderlines, do that from an early age, they take on a second personality to cage the original weak personality that no one will ever see. They are scary people, even though you'd never think it. I'm not implying that she is BPD but it could very well be a clue due to her grandiose, fairy-like ways and completely fabricated speech. It is just not normal. I will not for a minute accept that this woman is a do gooder, and she's got you all conned.
You’ve obviously never encountered any women from the Surrey commuter belt. My daughter’s school friends all speak like that and they always have. Even my dog groomer speaks like that...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
You’ve obviously never encountered any women from the Surrey commuter belt. My daughter’s school friends all speak like that and they always have. Even my dog groomer speaks like that...
Well then I have learnt something new today, thankyou.

Reactions: 4
I don't think any of us are bring conned. I think witchgrass makes an important point - it's a tv show. We can discuss contradictory elements, frustrating and maddening aspects on this site. I personally think the youtube aspect has reinvigorated her and opened up her mind to the real possibilities of the chateau being restored. If people don't wish to engage in elements or give funds then don't watch or donate. Yes I miss the old style and dislike the present videos and this year's Advent calendar has a style of "jumping the shark". But it is entertainment and SJ's decision.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
How is the gift grab inspiring?
It isn't to me and I don't subscribe to it, but the old folks are into it. Just offering yourself up to them is the hugest chore. I hope she backs away gracefully from it. The courtyard was pretty inspiring though. Good content. I just painted my kitchen and planted a bunch of fruit trees, but I did it super slow. No way I could make a channel about it. I would like to see what's happening in the vegetable garden, but it seems like they're planting some content. Bulbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
If banter and teasing makes one a Narc, then we are all officially diagnosed with NPD.

Your bar for when a person goes from good humoured ribbing to a malevolent clinical disorder is frighteningly low.

The "how much I love you" comment was her genuine amazement that M had unwittingly created a floral that matched the tablecloth - nothing sinister here

As for her "fishing out the tattiest bows" for M, did you fail to notice the rotten old crèche SJ brought down with joy and excitement? Which she wanted to use pride of place in her own home for her own pleasure? Pray tell which unsuspecting LaLander was this supposed to be a calculated and cruel slight against?

SJ's ever constant theme throughout has been her re-purposing junk - its probably her most consistent character trait so the tatty bow was bang on brand. She see's beauty in tatt hence the mountains of bric and brac around the Chateau and brought home from brocantes - I think that makes her slightly bonkers but not a sociopath.
Is that you Stephanie!! ? She spends all her life looking at beautiful books & thinks herself to be quite the expert on art, style and fashion. The creche was brought down because she was trying to prove how much she cares about the history of the chateau. IMO it was a clever tool to get Selmar to knock up a new one for her. No way did she really like the woodworm riddled old one. Her cutesy faux excitement about oversized dreadful hand knitted jumpers and gaudy jewellery may have fooled you but it's all for show. See her eyes light up for real when she gets the Spode & expensive presents. I think you just want a fight with someone. She's a narcissist. Get over it and go fight with someone else please.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.