The Chateau Diaries #6 All I want for Christmas is MORE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who do you think bought her book? Heavily promoted by SJ with an interview. People were ordering it and made comments.
The book was awful unless you like Mills & Boon, I returned it & got a refund 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Seriously 😳 coffee pot needs refreshments

The veils are clearly been lifted and dissent and the temerity to ACTUALLY post ....

My morning is complete .....
That 2 day hiatus in the 100 ⭐ Robes will cost the chat 💭 o Elaine ... dearly on subscriber ssss 😝😝😝

Every cloud ⛅ -“ the money she earns from you tube subscriptions pays her living wage .....”♥🚨♥😂😂😂😂

Yep 👍 the gift 🎁 chronicles are rubbing a lot of ppl off ..... at last
I'm glad people are starting to say things It really makes one wonder where all of that Patreon money is really going??? I don't understand why she has so many super fans???

• Heart
The questioner referred to Stephanie by name... You wouldn’t normally repeat her name would you? I am confused by your comment!

Cat...
It was 3 am, after working for 9 hours I guess it skipped me....thanks for pointing it out

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
🏦🏦🏦🇫🇷🏦🏦🏦

How to get a patron day off ......

So much work ... advent ... blah blah

No filming (16 ppl on a 6 person covid rule )
But here’s a brief description of what 5 of us did 😝😝😝
You count the wrong way😉: Natty, Marie, Selmar, Phil and SJ count as one person, Ruth and M. Potts live there anyway, so basically they are at home.
Dan and Hash came for work only (on Patreon she said they measured out arrière cuisine, China room, and library).
Dana, her son and Ian pop in and out anyway all the time, so only Kim was a real guest. 🥳 Henry is immune...
Also Mummy is away so no old person was in real danger😂

She actually put a post up on her patreon page yesterday to say she was having a break Christmas day and Boxing day, and putting something tonight. Lots of die hard fans complaining she could have put something on CDS before Christmas Day. Common courtesy! Wants 100.000 subscribers and 22.000€$£ from patreon, but doesn't feel the need to let them know what she's doing.. You can't have it both ways LOTL.
Those fans really have no life then, even SJ deserves on Xmas off. 🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I am enjoying https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUG630uwWbVMtPpTBfs49og Really nice people, with a good backstory & great to see them both getting their hands dirty. Very natural, not at all glitzy but decent people behind it.

However, she does have a lot of 'fans' from all round the globe. A lot of whom, especially in the UK, have been keeping to the rules. So by her flaunting Covid regulations from different countries it sets a bad example & could open her up to criticism. I know a lot of my friends have been particularly upset this year that they cannot mix in big numbers or even stay over at family's houses.
I completely agree, i am upset too, bc of many of these not giving f people, the disease is still present

No excuse but i wrote in past midnight half dead, but i am witnessing it forst hand living between germany and france, with german people they follow the rules generaly byt if there is a possibility to follow and have your way too they do it (using work cerificates to go for shopping in Trier or to visit their families during the hardest lockdown) french they are just not bothered but they will talk about other people not following rules ;)

Reactions: 3
You count the wrong way: Natty, Marie, Selmar, Phil and SJ count as one person, Ruth and M. Potts live there anyway, so basically they are at home. Dan and Hash came for work only(on Patreon she said they measured out arrière cuisine, China room, and library) , Dana peeps in and out anyway all the time, so only Kim was a real guest

Those fans really have no life then, even SJ deserves on Xmas off. 🤮
Mmmmmm I get where your going .....

However - chat ooooo is classed as a chamber dote ..... ie part business -

Regardless of how you account for staff ... work-always ect ....

it’s NOT their permanent residence ....

they had opportunities to repatriate and DECIDED to stay put ....
still not in Their country of origin ...

The amount of ppls flys in the face of a world wide .... ideal
Of covid isolation - and on dec 20-2020
No one was in doubt of multiple countries in the EU ... changing how Christmas was being viewed ... without family parties or multiple friends
Tested or not

Reactions: 4
I am enjoying https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUG630uwWbVMtPpTBfs49og Really nice people, with a good backstory & great to see them both getting their hands dirty. Very natural, not at all glitzy but decent people behind it.
This one has promise once you get past the early episodes with the loud repetitive muzak. The couple seems to genuinely like each other (shocker!) without the ridiculous giggling and costume dancing of La Croix Honnet. Still, with the British contractors though. Do none of these people even try to get local help? So far Dan the Gardener is the only person consistently receiving local help, even if it is just his neighbor.

Reactions: 4
This one has promise once you get past the early episodes with the loud repetitive muzak. The couple seems to genuinely like each other (shocker!) without the ridiculous giggling and costume dancing of La Croix Honnet. Still, with the British contractors though. Do none of these people even try to get local help?
I agree, don't like the muzak, but good to see how much work they do themselves whilst still be able to produce vlogs which aren't pretentious. So much for the SJ fan club saying that she needs a break from all her vlogging when this duo can do physical work & film/edit vlogs & have meetings with the mayor etc isn't it. Agree about the constant use of Brit builders, think they'd ingratiate themselves a bit more with the area if they used local builders, although I think they do use French contractors to do the ground clearance?

Hi, German here with plenty of French friends - please kindly don't misrepresent our countries and their response to the pandemic, cheers! Firstly, the police DOES fine us for not sticking to the rules, and heftily so. Don't want to doxx myself too much here, but my city just had a massive mask-denier group try to stage a protest in the mask-only city centre and the police very strictly shut that down. In France, you are NOT allowed to break the rules, it is a strict, strict lockdown. Sure, some assholes will find ways to still go behind the police's back, since there are strict rules as to who can search or even enter your private residence, but this is still very much against the law.

No idea what weird, privileged people you know but duck them for not sticking to the rules given the high death rate especially here in Germany. That's not normal behaviour, it is absolutely gross negligence. And, yes, it is against the law - we just had a law change that makes it possible to impose strict rules during a pandemic. But even if it is "just" a guideline, it is a guideline that common decency should dictate anyone with a soul to follow, because people are dying and suffering greatly. I spent Xmas alone because I didn't want to risk exposing any of my relatives, and so did most of the people I know and respect. THAT is "standard behaviour" here in Germany and France, not being a selfish asshole ignoring ethics.
so let me clear this, since i didn't do it yesterday night
firstly this is my experience (and experience of the people I know around me) and maybe I should not generalize that much or put some background to it, so I try to now
I should explain first where I live which I tried to avoid for quite some time, but yes this is place full off selfish f* who do not care about others all that much, mostly because of the financial sector attracting all the wrong people
when I was talking about french, I took a look at the people that I know and also anthropologically/sociologically/historically speaking (not trying to stereotype anyone) to comfortably say that this is generally the way, the things mostly are for a french person
but it is true that here, the concentration of french people who are uber privileged and also uber self-important is higher than in Paris, so the behaviour is adapted accordingly
with German people, I shouldn't have put them to the same basket, since you indeed are rule followers, but if some of you find the way, you use it and have a good feeling that you didn't break the rules (as my dear fellow countrymen)

so what was happening here during covid lockdown was that people were going to have dinners to their friends' places, at least drinking wine, meeting boyfriends, sneaking out in the dark, having permits from work using them to go shopping behind borders and not to stay in quarantine ...

and I am on the side where this pisses me to the oblivion
I also stayed by myself during Xmas but everyone I know and their mother travelled out to see their families, friends, flying out to other cities (for at least prolonged weekend) and coming back so they can spread it around ... lovely

so when I see Sj not caring she just reminds me of any other French person I know who will tell you 10 excuses and blame everyone else in a way that you start believing that even if they travelled 1000 km to see their family, their extended family, their childhood friends, a cheap hairdresser, a cosmetician friend, for a stroll in that city centre, for shopping there, they were surely following rules ...but the OTHERS! ....

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree, don't like the muzak, but good to see how much work they do themselves whilst still be able to produce vlogs which aren't pretentious. So much for the SJ fan club saying that she needs a break from all her vlogging when this duo can do physical work & film/edit vlogs & have meetings with the mayor etc isn't it. Agree about the constant use of Brit builders, think they'd ingratiate themselves a bit more with the area if they used local builders, although I think they do use French contractors to do the ground clearance?
I feel like we missed the first twelve years of Lalande and I'd love to see a retrospective beyond a handful of before and after photos. I'm sure they have some footage on tiny vhs tapes somewhere, pre-Princess Diaries. At least someone speaks French in that house. I spend a lot of time scanning forward on all other chateau videos to get past their monologues, and for some reason I can sit through a Stephanie monologue because she is just simply a better host. I'd love it if their new year resolution was to stop with the cadeaux videos and get back to work, even if it's just pink gin and pies.

Reactions: 8

No one was in doubt of multiple countries in the EU ... changing how Christmas was being viewed ... without family parties or multiple friends
Tested or not
Actually.... I was joking 😂☺

• Haha
firstly this is my experience (and experience of the people I know around me) and maybe I should not generalize that much or put some background to it, so I try to now
I should explain first where I live which I tried to avoid for quite some time, but yes this is place full off selfish f* who do not care about others all that much, mostly because of the financial sector attracting all the wrong people
when I was talking about french, I took a look at the people that I know and also anthropologically/sociologically/historically speaking (not trying to stereotype anyone) to comfortably say that this is generally the way, the things mostly are for a french person
but it is true that here, the concentration of french people who are uber privileged and also uber self-important is higher than in Paris, so the behaviour is adapted accordingly
with German people, I shouldn't have put them to the same basket, since you indeed are rule followers, but if some of you find the way, you use it and have a good feeling that you didn't break the rules (as my dear fellow countrymen)

so what was happening here during covid lockdown was that people were going to have dinners to their friends' places, at least drinking wine, meeting boyfriends, sneaking out in the dark, having permits from work using them to go shopping behind borders and not to stay in quarantine ...

I also stayed by myself during Xmas but everyone I know and their mother travelled out to see their families, friends, flying out to other cities (for at least prolonged weekend) and coming back so they can spread it around ... lovely

so when I see Sj not caring she just reminds me of any other French person I know who will tell you 10 excuses and blame everyone else in a way that you start believing that even if they travelled 1000 km to see their family, their extended family, their childhood friends, a cheap hairdresser, a cosmetician friend, for a stroll in that city centre, for shopping there, they were surely following rules ...but the OTHERS! ....
I think it was for me the final nail in the coffin (pardon the insensitive quote) for me when I saw how she was literally paying lip service to mask wearing when going out shopping. All those tailored masks sent to her & she has to be given a disposable one by Ian when going shopping. Then her lack of social distancing with the guys loading the Xmas tree into the van, not wearing mask in the van with Ian, Ian not wearing mask in the house, then all those people turning up at her house over a few days all together. The whole out of touch with reality in sharp focus & childish, immature behaviour from SJ. Having lost someone to it in the early months & having another friend who is having to learn how to walk again because they are so weak I could punch the lot of them in their shallow, oyster, Fortnum & Mason, Spode little world.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She actually put a post up on her patreon page yesterday to say she was having a break Christmas day and Boxing day, and putting something tonight. Lots of die hard fans complaining she could have put something on CDS before Christmas Day. Common courtesy! Wants 100.000 subscribers and 22.000€$£ from patreon, but doesn't feel the need to let them know what she's doing.. You can't have it both ways LOTL.
Claims of overworking from someone who rarely bothers to get up from bed before noon… And fans eat that sh…t right up. Imagine if she woke up at 6 am like the rest of the world (ok, most people)? Or had a full-time job? With her health, I reckon she would extinguish herself like a candle flame in less than a week... Then talk about overdoing it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Did anyone see Dan the gardener's latest vlog? Am I the only one that thinks it's pure madness?! Seriously a go fund me to buy a chateau and no doubt another go fund me to restore it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Tested or not
French government advice is 6 maximum. It does not define who those 6 are. Just 6. So anything more than that is going against Government advice isn't it.

Did anyone see Dan the gardener's latest vlog? Am I the only one that thinks it's pure madness?! Seriously a go fund me to buy a chateau and no doubt another go fund me to restore it.
Just had a look ! I am truly shocked. Go fund me 71,000 euros target? I presume that’s the price to buy it . It looks like a complete basket case !!!! Appears to be a charity/ community project he is setting up / supporting ?:eek: comments section supports it .:oops:

• Wow
  • Haha

The difference is SJ is filming her violations and monetizing them on YT.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel like we missed the first twelve years of Lalande and I'd love to see a retrospective beyond a handful of before and after photos. I'm sure they have some footage on tiny vhs tapes somewhere, pre-Princess Diaries. At least someone speaks French in that house. I spend a lot of time scanning forward on all other chateau videos to get past their monologues, and for some reason I can sit through a Stephanie monologue because she is just simply a better host. I'd love it if their new year resolution was to stop with the cadeaux videos and get back to work, even if it's just pink gin and pies.
I never believed SJ ever really got her hands dirty & when I read an article about the start of the work where it says
'Stephanie was determined to do the more minor renovations and all the decoration herself. “I spent about two years making curtains because there are 100 windows,” she says' I think that says it all. Minor renovations & wallpapering, says it all. I cannot watch her any more.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just had a look ! I am truly shocked. Go fund me 71,000 euros target? I presume that’s the price to buy it . It looks like a complete basket case !!!! Appears to be a charity/ community project he is setting up / supporting ?:eek: comments section supports it .:oops:
Absolutely crazy 🤣😀😂 if that's all it takes to buy a chateau I think I'll set up a go fund me too as a "charity" madness!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.