The Chateau Diaries #52 SJ and BJJ, under the Tuscan sun. A honeymoon or a holiday?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially if Tatts is prettier and has more personality than SJ ... oh yeah, drama then ! ;)
Oh I would bet that Titti is mucked up.....we shall see. I don't think SJ has to worry.

And personal!y I don't think IJ WANTS to come back to the Shitoo.
She knows it is filthy.... And cold in winter....and she is nervous with Covid and all the loony tunes coming and going all the live long day.
She face times with SJ and I think that suits mummy just fine. Her maternal tendencies are not top notch, you know.

I can't remember all the good ideas for a new thread!!😣
And how do you vote?
I usually just comment with my choice. Is that o.k.?
Probably not the most efficient way to do it....?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Only got to bloggers version of unicef …

I owe people money 💰
Even me mum …

I need 5 k for stairs …

Here’s our hired car 🚘
Here’s me rented ride … Andrew driving ( is it still technically still Driving miss daisy or is that too far )

We have no food 🍱

Here’s my luxury food blende

I can’t remember the rest for now …

Once a toe rag
Always a toe rag

Give me strength 💄🐽🐖

😈
If things get toooooo bad in the Potter Cottage he can always put that Spode on Ebay ! 🙀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Christ on a cracker, that little idgit is making jam and the necessary ingredients include champagne, gin, henny and probably gold flakes, the way he's going. Hey Patreons, how do you like filling up his liquor cabinet, because really, that's what you donated to today. I swear I could just slap him. 😤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Christ on a cracker, that little idgit is making jam and the necessary ingredients include champagne, gin, henny and probably gold flakes, the way he's going. Hey Patreons, how do you like filling up his liquor cabinet, because really, that's what you donated to today. I swear I could just slap him. 😤
I mean ...... for jam ! Buy the cheaper plonk !
Are they still hiring that car Senor Andrew is driving ? Is Senor Andrew bored? I am and I am not finished the vlog yet !

Oh...... you know I do not like the pots at SJ place ..... well I just Hate those wooden planters all along the drive-way ! At least put a shaped box plant in them ! They look like old rubbish bins :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Further on allergies and dietary requirements of La Landers: There is also hardcore Vegan MRK- she's been spotted eating mussels, (at her visit to the Fleuris) and eggs (delivered by the celebrant's village grocer while quarantining.) Disgusting!:ROFLMAO:
and cake-were all those cakes made without eggs?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did I call it or what? Day 6 is adventures with the blender. I suspect the trip to the market was just an excuse to re-stock the lube. Poor Andrew is going to be all used up before he can return to his regular life!

Exciting stuff - "look Andrew, the faster I stroke, the thicker it gets!" Like he's never heard that before. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
She's definitely into SJ's style; the dress in tonight's SS vlog was far too short and the top was revealing: there seemed to be a gap as well as if a button was undone. I had to brace myself to watch the vlog. She is so irritating and a dreadful interviewer. She is clearly out of her depth and her comfort zone. She is not anywhere near the same league as the people she interviews who keep it going despite her presence. She is very awkward and self-conscious and she needed some kind of training before launching into this channel. She constantly looks at the camera when she's reacting to what Anna says. She opens her mouth wide and grins at, and talks to the camera instead of the person; it's almost as if she's interviewing the camera! She still laughs when there's nothing funny, and still just uses "Wow"", "Amazing" and "On my gosh" all the time. She speaks so slowly and that's even more apparent when she's interviewing a highly articulate and poised woman like Anna. There are gaps between each word Marie utters and the whole thing slows right down when she is speaking. She also doesn't know about English word stress and so she uses strong stress on "a" which actually has weak stress; it's the most common sound in English and using the wrong stress sounds very awkward. I know English is not her first language but I would expect someone conducting an interview to be more aware. It indicates that she doesn't really listen to native speakers when they speak. She also sometimes gives the interviewee optional answers while she's asking a question and occasionally asks more than one question at a time. If her interviewees were less confident, the whole thing would be a disaster. Marie is still always fiddling with her hair, touching her face and neck, and tonight, she was tugging at the hem of her dress as if she knew it was too short! She has listened to what we have said as Anna is "a friend", rather than a "a dear friend" but she said they had met over the internet 2 years ago and Anna said it was during the first lockdown, so really it was just over a year ago. Anna looked beautiful and spoke very well. In comparison, Marie looked far less professional because of the way she was dressed. I think she needs to improve her fluency and learn some more reaction phrases, and listen to people speaking but she also needs to learn about body language and to look at the person, rather than the camera when she is reacting. It's her manner and annoying habits that make it so hard to watch! Sorry, long rant! CD was so much more watchable tonight than FRK!
Well, I did have a look - mainly because of Anna. The recording is very low in volume and had an echo. Ms Welk is not at ease with this process yet. Intro to Anna was far too long - the questions obviously not prepared. Hence all the wows, giggles, amazing, blah blah. Anna remained focused to her story, a blessing. If it was someone waiting to be prompted - it would have been a dogs breakfast. Welk is trying to keep still, her rapid breathing - (nerves) Is obvious which clearly has an effect on Anna trying to keep the process easier for her more than actually telling her SS. There is too much camera gazing - maybe with more practice this will get better. I have no idea where this channel idea is heading.

I hope he’s read some recipes this time.
The scales fell off my eyes about how much MP knows the last time he made jam. Was with IJ. If memory serves me correctly he made the jam THEN sieved the seeds out of it, then put it in jars.

Any fruit with seeds or bits, you cook up the fruit strain it, then back into the pan, add the sugar and cook it up to setting point. Then jar it up.

Why anyone would strain it after it has the sugar added is baffling to me.

I’ve been making jams and preserves for more years than I’d like to remember. My ‘thing’ is experimenting with different flavours - pear and cardamom jam to vegan wild garlic pesto - I just might have to force myself to watch this one.

Side note. I’ve been MIA again for a while and had a lot of catch up to do. You guys are great. I’ve laughed so much. Thank you 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Has brought Their cooking utensils with them ….

So apart from a banging range cooker

They chose NOT to use the chat000
Pots n pans …..
Guess student living really dosent cover it ….
I would LOVE to have that range cooker!!!!...And those pots looked fabulous...don't blame her for bringing them to cook in. Plus, a chef knows how their utensils cook so would better be able to gauge the timing and texture results. You never know how someone else's cookery things churn out the food.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wonderful, lovely, amazing are enough catchphrases
I watched the next two videos after I'd posted my little rant about her 'limited vocabulary' - everything's amazing, I luuuve it etc. (2 threads ago?). I watched those videos like a hawk (yeah, I know, it's taken me days to recover). One was the uber-creepy Ivo museum-chateau. I actually wrote down all the adjectives she used whilst cooing her way round the place. Not one of her usual BrandSJ faux descriptors - there were words I've never heard her say before. She must have been hard at the thesaurus for several days before that visit.

I did think it was pretty conceited and arrogant at the beginning when he mentions that it's just us and "a few hundred thousand subscribers". Right now his daily flogs are averaging like 50,000 a video which is not great for someone with over 200K (bought!) subscribers.

Also, no WAY he could afford that place and the renovation costs 4 years ago, or even now. What a waste of time for the realtor showing it to him!
I rather think that the estate agent was rather showing it to Teabag's rich, would-be chateau owners...neat bit of publicity.

Last edited:
I wonder why Cat or Gerry dont offer to help Marie in her search for accommodations.. I just watched Billys vlog and his editing skills are amazing.
Interesting isn't it. Marie is looking to borrow someone's accommodation. Did she specify a preferred area? There is Mini Apron's house in Framlington sitting empty. There is Stephanie's flat in London. Odd.

Reactions: 16
Interesting isn't it. Marie is looking to borrow someone's accommodation. Did she specify a preferred area? There is Mini Apron's house in Framlington sitting empty. There is Stephanie's flat in London. Odd.
The family barely got her out of the chateau, they don't want to give her a foothold again 🙄

I miss the old vlogs, before the uber grifting and offshoots of friends/acquaintances who latched onto the grifting train wreck. Needs must in a pandemic I suppose but still... If SJ could just go back to try and capture the essence... I started watching CD before the virus we won't mention... Never even heard of ETTCDIY.
Pardon me, I must be feeling sentimental. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 13
AAAARRGHH! Teabeg is an idiot! He blames the cream for not being suitable for whipping but the dumbass whisked it for too long and turned it into butter. Moron!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Don't worry he made sure to place the box on screen so the model was clearly visible. Artisan 4.8l
I have to eat my words. I reckoned he would only get to five consecutive vlogs but low and behold he has made it to six. In my defence, I thought Andrew would be long gone and thus proceedings would come to a standstill. I haven;t watched but note your point that the greedy grifter knows how to product place. But it works. Soon there will be a cupboard full of never used dough hooks, potato peeling bowls, K beaters, whisks and sausage maker extensions. I now believe he will make the seven as it appears to be so lucrative. Will he then go back to Friday vlogs - which means he gets a whole week off now. Well, he can vlog Andrew over his Aga for all I care, I will not be watching.

The family barely got her out of the chateau, they don't want to give her a foothold again 🙄
Good point.

• Haha
AAAARRGHH! Teabeg is an idiot! He blames the cream for not being suitable for whipping but the dumbass whisked it for too long and turned it into butter. Moron!
do you think he knew he could have looked on youtube because there might be a video about that exact issue-I stopped counting at 20

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not to mention he didn't refrigerate it the first time, with an Aga fired up in August with no AC.

Is there anything happening upstairs? At the cottage, I mean. I'd have thought he'd be salivating over paint samples by now. I'll bet he goes with the same green that Billy chose for the upstairs bedroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Marie's Interview:

Welcome Miss Wiik do sit down. I see from your resume that you have several successful business ventures. Tell me about them.

M. Well (up hahaha) I am a florist artist with over 20k followers.
I. What do you mean?
M. Well I do flower arranging and take pictures, you know, like wild flowers and foraged materials and then allow them to come together aesthetically in a way that pleases me. People pay me money for it and buy me coffee. I bought a van from coffee hahaha.
I. Oh right...perhaps you can explain what Success stories are?
M. Well I use my interview skills in an informal style, we have a few drinks and some nibbles and I ask questions and allow them to tell me why they are successful. I get paid for it.
I. Oh, and what other skills do you have ?
M. I manifest things and I have good music.
I. Tell me what skills can you bring to the company?
M. Well, I am good at crying on camera. I have an aesthetic which my followers love. I am good at foraging and I have a lot of contacts through YouTube.
I. Miss Wiik we are a funeral company .
M. Oh well, lol, my flowers will be a perfect arrangement...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know - he actually does not need a big arse mixer to make a tea cake. BUT...Andrew, is it just me or is that poor man on mute? You would hope Teabeg would try a few words in his language so we can see some response. I had to fast forward through the no flour in the inn so lets put some food mileage on the cake bake.

Marie's Interview:

Welcome Miss Wiik do sit down. I see from your resume that you have several successful business ventures. Tell me about them.

M. Well (up hahaha) I am a florist artist with over 20k followers.
I. What do you mean?
M. Well I do flower arranging and take pictures, you know, like wild flowers and foraged materials and then allow them to come together aesthetically in a way that pleases me. People pay me money for it and buy me coffee. I bought a van from coffee hahaha.
I. Oh right...perhaps you can explain what Success stories are?
M. Well I use my interview skills in an informal style, we have a few drinks and some nibbles and I ask questions and allow them to tell me why they are successful. I get paid for it.
I. Oh, and what other skills do you have ?
M. I manifest things and I have good music.
I. Tell me what skills can you bring to the company?
M. Well, I am good at crying on camera. I have an aesthetic which my followers love. I am good at foraging and I have a lot of contacts through YouTube.
I. Miss Wiik we are a funeral company .
M. Oh well, lol, my flowers will be a perfect arrangement...
Too funny! Thank you I can now see exactly where this channel is going!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.