The Chateau Diaries #52 SJ and BJJ, under the Tuscan sun. A honeymoon or a holiday?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meanwhile....Ryan is still vlogging from Phuket. In the rainy season. 🌧🙄 He may be there awhile as he's found a hotel for €23 a night.
Rainy season - terrible in Thailand. I actually can not believe anyone would go near Thailand right now. It is a complete mess with Covid. Delta Strain is rampant and ability to cope with the cases overwhelming. It is so terrible.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Meanwhile....Ryan is still vlogging from Phuket. In the rainy season. 🌧🙄 He may be there awhile as he's found a hotel for €23 a night.
I can't listen to him for more than 2 minutes. That is a pretty lady hanging with him, but she seems a little distant, not fully engaging with him. Then again, it's Thailand, hopefully she is female...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I can't listen to him for more than 2 minutes. That is a pretty lady hanging with him, but she seems a little distant, not fully engaging with him. Then again, it's Thailand, hopefully she is female...
I give her the benefit of the doubt because trans women in Thailand are absolutely beautiful. There are some very good doctors there. Not much acceptance but hopefully that will change.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I just watched Michael's 3rd daily vlog. I didn't watch the second one yet and might not watch it at all after reading the posts about it on here...I did enjoy the tour of that chateau. I can't even imagine how much money they've already poured into the reno...and still so much more to do!!! If I was a multi-millionaire or even a billionaire I couldn't imagine buying a ruin and fixing it up. I'm too old to even THINK about something like that....but I do like watching the process. I hope they start putting up videos on Youtube since they already have a channel but no vlogs yet.

Reactions: 10
I did think it was pretty conceited and arrogant at the beginning when he mentions that it's just us and "a few hundred thousand subscribers". Right now his daily flogs are averaging like 50,000 a video which is not great for someone with over 200K (bought!) subscribers.

Also, no WAY he could afford that place and the renovation costs 4 years ago, or even now. What a waste of time for the realtor showing it to him!
I liked they way he told her how to renovate the chandelier , walls etc....... he has not done a tab or work for ages !! :love:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I've watched CAC, Cara has lost any sympathy I has for her. She comes across as an unwordly, naiive, sycophant. She looked terrible on the vlog. Shd had packed nice clothes including a smart blazer - why be filmed in some tie dye aerobics gear?
Inane comments on chat. Still can't get past "hello my love" "hi hun" "Loki where are you" "Is that you Cara". Then suddenly some comment about awful people (presumably Tattle).

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I haven't watched the Fleuries vlog yet. I watched Dan's first because...well...he's DAN!...LOL...then I watched the gift grab...watched til the end...it was a hardship but I slogged through...LOL...and I actually loved that picture book at the end. My daughter has made me a couple of those bespoke books and I love them. And I enjoyed the stroll through time because I actually loved the vlogs in the beginning. As for the rest, I couldn't really pay attention. I'd look up when a new gift was opened, just to see what it was but for the most part I multi-tasked at my desk, just kind of listening. Still not sure why Cara is leaving early although she did say early on that she really missed her husband.
Does anyone know why her husband did not come with her to France?

iny season - terrible in Thailand. I actually can not believe anyone would go near Thailand right now. It is a complete mess with Covid. Delta Strain is rampant and ability to cope with the cases overwhelming. It is so terrible.
Oh hell yeah..... and the heat and humidity too.

Reactions: 8
I've watched CAC, Cara has lost any sympathy I has for her. She comes across as an unwordly, naiive, sycophant. She looked terrible on the vlog. Shd had packed nice clothes including a smart blazer - why be filmed in some tie dye aerobics gear?
Inane comments on chat. Still can't get past "hello my love" "hi hun" "Loki where are you" "Is that you Cara". Then suddenly some comment about awful people (presumably Tattle).
Aw man! Now I have to go check out the chat...I don't usually read the chats but I want to check out the "awful people" comment...

Well, I didn't find it so....

Reactions: 7
As @Marquis de Potpourri landed in Paris a few days ago what are the travel requirements at the moment in France?
Everything any American needs to know about traveling to France is all here. The link @Jeeves' posted is accurate and current too.

Congratulations to VIP Member @Marquis de Potpourri
Title Thread 52 SJ and BJJ, under the Tuscan sun. A honeymoon or a holiday?
:m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m :m

Double VIP members this last thread
Congradulations to @purejuice ....:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

Most Liked Post on 51 .....
yes the man!! the myth!!! the legend ...eh No ..
His Misses...
the joy ......

Marquis de Potpourri
VIP Member

Friday at 9:49 PM
Hey, Tattlers! The Marquis sends his apologies for his silence and missing the honor of providing a thread title.
He says Thanks to @MojoDublin, and @Jeeves.

The Marquis and I (fiancee) landed in Paris a few hours ago and went for a nice stroll and dinner before Shabbat.
We're here to go chateau hunting...and after a lengthy debate over dinner, no, we decided we're not visiting Lalande. Even though a visit there would have been amazing intel ("and a pure waste of money" to quote him), it's so far out of the way from the places we're visiting. He'll be back here tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!

• Reactions:
You, mrsp67, LonePalm and 39 others
Thanks, everyone!
Yeah, it's the (future) missus! I should convince her to have her own Tattle account!
M @MojoDublin You are awesome!

I just watched Michael's 3rd daily vlog. I didn't watch the second one yet and might not watch it at all after reading the posts about it on here...I did enjoy the tour of that chateau. I can't even imagine how much money they've already poured into the reno...and still so much more to do!!! If I was a multi-millionaire or even a billionaire I couldn't imagine buying a ruin and fixing it up. I'm too old to even THINK about something like that....but I do like watching the process. I hope they start putting up videos on Youtube since they already have a channel but no vlogs yet.
One of the things my fiancee and I have agreed on is, we're not getting a fixer-upper chateau. Might cost way more, but saves us from all the headaches, inconveniences, and fights. That Chateau MPK toured last night was a steal at €389,000 with almost 10 acres of land. The reno cost however will probably be about the same cost! I highly doubt that the new owners won't use their new Youtube channel for grifting.

One of the things my fiancee and I have agreed on is, we're not getting a fixer-upper chateau. Might cost way more, but saves us from all the headaches, inconveniences, and fights. That Chateau MPK toured last night was a steal at €389,000 with almost 10 acres of land. The reno cost however will probably be about the same cost! I highly doubt that the new owners won't use their new Youtube channel for grifting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
We do not even know if Cara was advised on what to wear to provide maximum contrast to petite Mme la Chatelaine and Nutty? :unsure: SJ: "Oh, how pretty I will look, so tiny, slim and beautiful next to Cara in her batik jumpsuit!" :sick::mad:
Anyone notice that Nutti was dressed unusually plain, like a Spanish abuela, knees covered, all demure and elegant? Methinks they script and plan everything much more carefully than we give them credit for, including outfits at the GAG. And anyone would look terrible if they were squeezed uncomfortably behind a low coffeetable laden with porselain[sic] and huge parcels. They could have found a more suitable place for the giftgrabbing, surely!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
It must have been really difficult to navigate filming with that pink getup and all the flesh and the gifts displayed in front of the baggy crotch of her pants. Like? Possible they were counting on us to be horrible awful people for pointing it out. Either that or they should have arranged the scene a little differently. I tuned in to watch them be nice. And they were but oooof. They were a lot nicer than I would have been.

Reactions: 7
You guys have been so busy, I just caught up reading it all.

Backtracking: Really? Cloud Atlas? Ouch, I will happily never see it again. My favorite movie and book was The Martian. More science, less philosophy.

I'd like to add my thanks to those watching and tattling on the vlogs; your sacrifice is greatly appreciated.

I had to laugh at the comment praising Dan's choice of music today. I kept muting it unless he was speaking.

Does anyone know if MPK's boyfriend is vaccinated? Side note: a Florida doctor I was talking with said every patient he's sent to the hospital with covid was a Type 2 diabetic. An 'oh, tit' moment for me; good thing I'm happy staying home. (And, yes, I'm vaccinated. Just very cautious.)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Most of France are not vaccinated, hence the tough rules to force it onto people

Are you sure? Most of France?
66.66%
des Français ont reçu au moins une dose de vaccin, 55.58% ont reçu toutes les doses requises.

Il reste à vacciner au moins
13.34%
des Français avant d'atteindre un taux de vaccination de 80%.

N.B. : un taux de vaccination de 80% ne permet pas nécessairement d'atteindre une immunité collective.

Source: https://covidtracker.fr/vaccintracker/

Still on the Gift Grab:
OMG Steph LEFT them filming Natti and Philips opening of gifts, Cara sitting watching, camera close up on just two seats… could she send a clearer message that this is unimportant to her/that Cara isn’t to be given of her time?? It already looks strained between SJ and Cara, as if they are total strangers, now SJ has something better to do than to sit patiently and watch as her staff open the gifts they were sent??? SMH
SSB seemed kind but it was though she was treating her like a child! They were all overly gracious towards her (feigned interest) and I think that affected the other levels of fakeness we usually see in these terrible gift grabs. When Phyllis moaned his gratitude, his sounds got lost in the vacuum of fakery! This was a high suction vacuum day. These are not real people, (Cara excluded)!! It was like a bad mushroom trip!
In my opinion, she seemed nervous like all the others at first, then picks up on the process and cues. She did still seem nervous though. The HMN cronies clearly read here and know about 'our' concern/intrigue for Cara. Yah, kid gloves... were they trying to protect her while at the same time distancing themselves?! Because they are the in-clowns, I mean in-crowd.
Ummm, well, Dana looked gorgeous! What the hell is wrong with me haha!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Aw man! Now I have to go check out the chat...I don't usually read the chats but I want to check out the "awful people" comment...

Well, I didn't find it so....
Make sure live chat is on all comments.
Context - number of thumbs down at time of premiere.
Statement Michael Morrison @31:39
Reply Linda Elliott @32:57
Reply Michael Morrison @33:50
Intercept Percy @33:55
Intercept Seth Waters @34:46
FOMO intercept - CA Gardens @33:58
Sermon from Michael Morrison @35:55
Agreement Ellie Wood @36:26
Agreement Michael Morrison 36:29
Final word and endless emojis Sarah Yates 39:03

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.