The Chateau Diaries #51 Peeing on Dan's marbles instead of polishing their own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am just about to go out and then I remembered what really got me laughing in the Fleuries - Madame Secateurs visit...the hydrangeas. Snip snip she goes - no mention of blanching the stems to stop them wilting. A waffle about the colour -"how pretty, see how preeety" then Anna asks about the soil affecting the colour. You could see FRK concentrate for a second then say something like:- ( its always hard to grasp what she is saying because she laughs through all her sentences) ...that it is cross pollination - rows of colours or some rubbish. Lots of arm waving, dismissing more like it -the fact soil does change the flowers colour. As far as I know the flowers are sterile - could be wrong. They have little nectar and yes are visited by insects but this doesn't change their colour. Anyone? ..Baffled me - that waft of info.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The acidity or alkalinity of the soil can change the color of a hydrangea.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I am just about to go out and then I remembered what really got me laughing in the Fleuries - Madame Secateurs visit...the hydrangeas. Snip snip she goes - no mention of blanching the stems to stop them wilting. A waffle about the colour -"how pretty, see how preeety" then Anna asks about the soil affecting the colour. You could see FRK concentrate for a second then say something like:- ( its always hard to grasp what she is saying because she laughs through all her sentences) ...that it is cross pollination - rows of colours or some rubbish. Lots of arm waving, dismissing more like it -the fact soil does change the flowers colour. As far as I know the flowers are sterile - could be wrong. They have little nectar and yes are visited by insects but this doesn't change their colour. Anyone? ..Baffled me - that waft of info.
Agree with you. Someone on here will be an expert, but I think you can change the PH in the soil to make different colours. Someone I know put razor blades under the soil near the roots, I think to encourage blue. Acidic soil may produce a different colour maybe. Anyone?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Very disappointing, Sadie the cleaning lady has done a financial woes flog, sorry her boyfriend has had a set back, but I am sure its just that and we all have them but mercy - end that with we need a holiday in the sun? Worse still - she is hitching her cart to the Fern Weston Bennett wagon. Felt that one was coming. Suspicious me thinks all sorts of things around her proposed visit to Nice.

Yes, I agree too but I did get a laugh at the start. Phillip discussing his ruined trees (sad about that) then he says "it gets worse" and roll the clip of FRK laughing in their kitchen. Yep it sure did get worse.
Did they all get free dentures in France 🇫🇷…..

Sharks teeth 🦷!!!
Seriously 😳 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This is something that I do like about SJ. Leave them guessing. Nobody needs to know what is going on under the sheets. Stay single for the audience even if you aren't.
She did make a statement, though, when she asked to try on the hat that signifies chastity at the Château. I think it was some sort of message to Tattle. Should be interesting to see if she starts wearing purple dresses

oh for the love of Linus, Snoopy and Charlie Brown-the Pethericks are just vlogging themselves doing chores-polish the copper for the Lost Boy and laundry for Sadie I never Wear Makeup in Vlogs (lol-oh Sadie you killing me girl)
I used to like her vlogs….but now the grifting is too much. And the way she spoke about having to postpone her holiday ended it for me. I haven’t been on holiday for years and she’s constantly going to Paris. So WTF. 🤔

Also, if she would split the laundry up into smaller bags she wouldn’t have to show her self dragging things. Is she attempting to get more “coffees” for the work she does there? I assume that this work is in exchange for a free place to live. And she’s very fortunate to have that as they all are. Again, I feel badly for Mick.

Your cousin is a lot older than expected, then? :D

Aah, just teasing you...forgive me. So, one of the Lucky Louis, is it, kept his head?
I had the number wrong… It was Louis the VII not Louis the XII. 😬

Self delusion? Misguided hope? Desperate circumstances? He is a slimy character and the truth will be elusive.
I still cannot see the attraction between Andrew and Trotter other than cash on Andrew’s end and desperation on Trotter’s end.

I am related to King Louis XII or that is what I am told by a second cousin….who lived at the time of the start of construction of Notre Dame. 😊 (….but then if you go far enough back in time, we probably all are related to someone famous or infamous)
Oops. Louis VII.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Bonjour from Paris!
I quite enjoyed catching up with a massive back-read.

Did you guys enjoy MPK's last two vlogs? With 1000 fewer subscribers, his DIO channel is dying a slow and agonizing death, and thinks doing daily vlogs will save it. Come on, making coffee, showing tomatoes and cucumbers, polishing copper, and antiquing yesterday?! And antiquing last night? He might as well butterfly kiss his followers goodbye. Also, at his rate, Andressss is a very expensive cameraman.

mpk31.png

Stephanie introduces the chateau owner as her "very good friend" and misspells his last name on the description page!
Fornese vs Fornesa
😆 :m
ivo fornesa.png

IVO: I call it my Christian hall...I have Orthodox, I have some Protestant things, a lot of Christianists....Then I put some samurais here since I don't know where to put them.

OK, smarty! Put the samurai in your Oriental room!

I have a technical question:

Do the chateau vloggers all use the same video editing programm, the one with only one font for the thumbnail?
I'll do you one better...

Do all Tattlers use the same computer? 😆 ✌

I have a technical question:

Do the chateau vloggers all use the same video editing programm, the one with only one font for the thumbnail?
I'll do you one better...

Do all Tattlers use the same computer? 😆 ✌

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I literally said aloud, "don't ask her." I appreciated Philip's editing out most of her dialogue with flower picking music, but I still have the interview to look forward to.

There is a Baronet (inherited title) Ivo Fornesa, I assume is the same person, who seems to have sold a huge amount of family heirlooms, described as a private family collection, in Singapore in April. His book publishers describe him here: Spanish businessman and historian, Ivo Fornesa is known for his work as a consultant in China, as well as for his many collaborations with newspapers and publications. His fascinating life has seen him volunteer in the Spanish Foreign Legion; train as a parachutist; live as a Catholic friar in the Holy Land; restore traditional houses in South America, Morocco, China, Thailand and Burma. Fornesa now lives in France, in a chateau in Saint-Chartier.
I loved this tour. It's a lair. Dr Evil and the Illuminati.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Agree with you. Someone on here will be an expert, but I think you can change the PH in the soil to make different colours. Someone I know put razor blades under the soil near the roots, I think to encourage blue. Acidic soil may produce a different colour maybe. Anyone?
Yes, this is correct. As @Arfarf said. It is in the soil. (And a FLORIST should know that! :eek:).
That's why in some parts of France (as an example) all hydrangeas macrophylla are blue, (I think in Brittany) or pink (for example in the Alsace region). " ...the color of many hydrangea blooms acts as a natural pH indicator for the soil in which the plant grows. Such blooms have blue sepals when the shrub grows in acidic soil, but develop red or pink sepals when grown in neutral to basic soils. The hydrangea’s bloom color reveals the pH of the soil, but with its distinguishing colors being the reverse of those for litmus paper. The hydrangea is unique among plants in this ability to indicate soil acidity. (source: https://www.americanscientist.org/article/curious-chemistry-guides-hydrangea-colors)
I once tried to bury rusty nails near my own pink hydrangeas, not much success. But there is a special fertilizer for Hydrangeas which claims to change their colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lots of arm waving, dismissing more like it -the fact soil does change the flowers colour. As far as I know the flowers are sterile - could be wrong. They have little nectar and yes are visited by insects but this doesn't change their colour. Anyone? ..Baffled me - that waft of info.
Its is the soil...... if you have alkaline soil the hydrangea's are pink , acid soil you get blue and white is the colour always .

I still cannot see the attraction between Andrew and Trotter other than cash on Andrew’s end and desperation on Trotter’s en
I think Teabag owes him money.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The worst of the Petterick family this night is..... SADIE..! 10 minutes asking money..
But she and her boyfriend deserve a week of holdays on the sunning "Cote Azur"..
Shameless!!!
(playing on covid, too!)
The best expression for all of them (used by Mojo Dublin i think..)
CIARLATANS
South of France? They must be totally unaware of Covid figures. Bright red. Getting redder with every holiday maker arriving!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Very disappointing, Sadie the cleaning lady has done a financial woes flog, sorry her boyfriend has had a set back, but I am sure its just that and we all have them but mercy - end that with we need a holiday in the sun? Worse still - she is hitching her cart to the Fern Weston Bennett wagon. Felt that one was coming. Suspicious me thinks all sorts of things around her proposed visit to Nice.
I hadn't seen FWB's vlogs until now and definitely won't be watching again. I remember seeing this on TV a few years ago though. Sadie will need a few coffees to be able to keep up with this one.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I know we all came here originally because of Chateau Diaries or MP but I have to say that I now find the humour, wisdom, intelligence, knowledge, empathy and life experiences of my fellow Tattlers to be infinitely more interesting. For me the vlogs are now incidental while Tattlers are the star of the show! So thanks for that everyone. Yes I've had a few but I mean what I say! ❤
Same here, totally! Well said, @The Cheshire Cat! ❤ :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So you asked for the tour of that castle (real one) and it was delivered....i am amazed

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Very disappointing, Sadie the cleaning lady has done financial woes flog, sorry her boyfriend has had a setback...
Why am I not surprised?
Never forget, she is a Petherdick.
When a Petherdick is in need, it begs.
How can anyone expect her to be better than her brothers?

Interestingly, Mo lost his van three weeks ago and hasn't worked since. If I lost my work van three weeks ago, I'd have tried to look for whatever job is available three days later--I don't care if it's grilling burgers at McDonald's, making shawarmas or selling falafels! I'd have income in the interim and not have my girlfriend beg on Youtube.

Saddie gave away the real reason why she's begging: a holiday in Cote d'Azur. It wasn't even a Freudian slip.

Is that… is that reversed psychology now what you are doing?
That is... that is what you would make of it. 😆 ✌

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Pass the smelling salts - upload from teabeg. He makes a great Freudian slip in the intro saying he is uploading all the footage he has - to start fresh on daily vlogs "so there is nothing in the bank"..well yes we get your drift but probably literally there is nothing left in the bank. This vlog has a nice b roll intro, a few people working on the cottage that seem to know what they are doing and a view of the upstairs..green house footage. Basically it seems like he is trying to give it a go - again. I found it so simple and strange he should talk with Janet about sharing his woes on YT because he can't do that with his family. Or did I hear that wrong? YT is a merciless, large audience and even supporters will have a puzzled look at his rants in the past. There is an immaturity here that unsettles me. All in all he came across less unhinged. Thats my positive take on it!
Seriously, showing how to make coffee without a coffee machine and polishing some copper stuff?

He's taking his viewers for a ride, he can't be serious.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Pass the smelling salts - upload from teabeg. He makes a great Freudian slip in the intro saying he is uploading all the footage he has - to start fresh on daily vlogs "so there is nothing in the bank".
Seriously, showing how to make coffee without a coffee machine and polishing some copper stuff?
The real Freudian slip was when he showed the cucumber and tomatoes... right @Jikki2? ;) ✌

cucumber and tomatoes.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 19

I know - Sadie is also making coffee. Maybe they are looking for sponsorship deals, Columbian coffee and Welsh coke

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.