The Chateau Diaries #50 Her laziness is spreading quicker than the delta variant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen anything about Cara Winsor Hehir landing at Lalande. I went looking couldn’t find anything but I know there are talented sleuths amongst the tattlers. I did see more of her bio and works of art. She is not only a performance artist (from comedy to Shakespeare) but also an artist that does work with textiles. I guess her preferred is wool. Like her very colourful! She is also a lyricist.
Did I dream it or was there a conversation between her and the sewist? I seem to remember a conversation around arrival dates and who would be at the chateau.
If I am remembering correctly then I wonder why Sara and Steve are staying with Vivienne & Simon and not there to greet Cara. I know I would prefer anything other than LaLande.
PS: I also find that German fellow Klaus disturbing. I wonder how they screen people. Didn’t sound like much of a criteria. I would have deadbolts everywhere and I think I would get over my allergy/fear/dislike of dogs and I would have a very large scary one!

Reactions: 15
I have to say..... she is always gracious when thanking someone...... even shocking gifts!
Yeah, it most definitely is a true talent to be that phony and polite in even the most difficult of situations. One thing I admire about her is her rhino skin.

Reactions: 11
In Italy both men and women use it.On a daily basisRompere le scatole is a more delicate version.
I misread this and thought you were talking about a unisex perfume till I read back a few posts, what a popular perfume that would be!

Reactions: 10
I suggested a cooperation with Stephanie and she immediately answered that she will look into it.
Once she discovers that she has that many subscribers I am sure either Steph will show up at her place or Julie at Lalande

Reactions: 13
But Cransford Hall did indeed make the news with the Granny Farms scandal it was the new owners IJ and DJ sold to who were hung out to dry.
Unfortunately unless UJ and DJ were mentioned in the inquiry or court case, there's no evidence of them being involved in malpractice, and the new owners would have been quick to shift blame if they could, I'm sure. Some of the inmates and relatives involved in the inquiry would surely have mentioned the previous owners too.?
My husband and I used to run a catering business and sold it to some people who were closed down 6 months later by environmental health for dreadful hygiene practices. It was nothing to do with us, we got the maximum "scores on the doors", when we ran it. They ran it badly and cut corners to maximise profit.

Here's her IG, fat_girl_on_a_bike. It looks like either she doesn't run into anybody or she's been told photographing the inmates/interiors is strictly forbidden. She's a good photographer treading very, very cautiously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Can't imagine sj with a big dog though.Any dpg quite frankly...Who would feed it?train it?the poor dog would either starve or end up eating the guests.Or worse the peafowl and chickens

Reactions: 11
But the more important question is surely, what on earth is there in that place that any burglar would want to steal? It's all tat.

Reactions: 18
Reactions: 6

a long lean board would have been better for access and holy hell who eats cantaloupe like watermelon?

but can I ask those in the know-wooden boards for serving? (yes’m I know been around for ever in kitchens) how do you make them food safe for service? it gives me the ickies to see meats and cheese and fruit all co-contaminating like that-maybe because I don’t eat the meat stuff but ewwwww

Reactions: 10
those plates are usually treated, coated with food grade varnishes in multiple layers. That is a MUST when creating wooden boards for kitchen use.

Reactions: 7
My husband is one of those people who rocks up to someone's house and starts DIY ing I'm afraid. He always has a toolkit on his car. It's an obsession. He has to fiddle with things. He's just adjusting the fridge freezer doors right now as he says they "creak". He looks a bit dodgy too. I think this guest was just one of those DIY obsessives.

Reactions: 23
Good question. I'm many years out of the restaurant business.
USDA says put hardwoods in the dishwasher. Bamboo is less porous, scrub in hot soapy, sanitize (bleach/water solution), rinse, rub with mineral oil.

Reactions: 7
U know what is the most intersting about her - her hypocrisy - she didnt believe in inheritance but she herself would be nobody is she didnt come from money...
I believe fanny models herself on these hmm how to call them collectively ... poor little girls

Reactions: 9
In a restaurant I worked, we disinfected wooden and plastic boards and plates first, and then put them in the dishwasher.

Reactions: 9
Is this for real??? I want to see that video! I am considering to become patreom , i feel i am missing out on fun

Reactions: 12
My dad was a "fixer" too. He was always busy repairing something or other and could turn his hand to almost anything - carpentry, plumbing, electrical appliances, decorating although mum was the gardener of the family.

There's a very short segment in the new Patreon video with Cara in which she explains she's a volunteer, will be washing all the wool, carding, dyeing some of it with the direction of Kirsty to garden and roadside dyeing plants, and spinning it on SJ's spinning wheel, which she says in good order. She seems a little shy but relaxed.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.