The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The HMN costs 33% more than a 5 star Paris hotel...and it's freezing indoors in the winter and too hot in summer...with no swimming pool or spa services.... Oh. My. Damn. No thank you!
Marie was cooking "smok--et" pork!!

Patrons' video: SJ is trying to justify her impulsive shopping disorder! How are curtains "fixed"? They would never normally be regarded as fixtures and fittings. I also don't see why wallpaper should be covered by patrons' money!

SJ's dress looks so garish with the beige/gold chairs. The red toile cushions don't go with the chairs. That woodblock BJJ bought for her looks just like the ones that are still used in India today. I wonder if it really is an old French one. Why on earth would anyone put varnish on it?

I love the fact that more other chateau owners are giving Philip taxidermy! I hope all the others they have visited will give him him something. I'm sure they are really giving a subtle hint of what they think of SJ and BJJ!

I did not like the cover on the chair BJJ bought for himself, it reminded me of flock wallpaper in restaurants years ago! Why is someone of his age buying something like that? I didn't like the portrait she bought and it didn't look good on the wall. How much more furniture, mirrors, etc., etc. does that place need?

Why on earth can they not get the radiators/heating all sorted out before she buys furniture, etc., that then gets damaged by the leaks? Absolutely everything is done the wrong way round! She will never, ever, stop buying until everything eventually spills out into the front courtyard as there is no more space in the house! One day, when she's an old lady, the place will be so full of stuff that she will hardly be able to get through any doors and will have to climb over everything just to get into bed. She needs help from a professional therapist.
Maybe she has no intentions of spending winter there?However now that she's on youtube hers fans would be devastated not see see christmas decorations at lalande.

Reactions: 9
Maybe she has no intentions of spending winter there?However now that she's on youtube hers fans would be devastated not see see christmas decorations at lalande.
Mmmmm...... so sad not see that Christmas tree full of Peacock crap dangling off it .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Unlike most on here, I don't see that she's squirrelling away a ton of money. It's obvious to me she's spending every dime they take in and she's spending her own money on all the decorations/furniture/nonsense. The shitoo needs millions of euros in investment to make it worth the price of $300+ euro per night she wants to charge. It must be overwhelming that wherever you look, there is a need to spend tens of thousands of euros, let alone find a reliable craftsman to do the work. I agree that she should prioritize the work and not take a scattershot approach to renovations. I would prioritize to accommodate whatever her business plan is - B&B, weddings, events, etc - and go from there. The garden plan was lovely, but it shouldn't be at the top of any list.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the place still looks exactly the same from when I visited (about five years ago), in almost every detail. There has not been any serious work done, apart from creating IJ's and Potty's apartments, which I know where done on the cheap, because Ian the builder likes her and gives her discounts. So no, not buying into the story of "putting the patreons money into restoration".

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the place still looks exactly the same from when I visited (about five years ago), in almost every detail. There has not been any serious work done, apart from creating IJ's and Potty's apartments,
Like the mower , the so call "restoration" of the place makes me mad too !
Nothing solid gets done !! That terrace, the bloody toilet , the "good luck" Chapel that is going to fall down , Nutti's Panic Room - her apartment , drainage/heater pipes etc, etc .All she does is spend money on things that shouldn't be bought yet !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That mower was just a waste of money,now that they haven't been using it at least it looks greener.They should have the sheep do it,it'll fertilize the lawn as well.And now a digger for 8-10k...why do they need a digger?Seriously?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So now Meth-dick and Rentboy are fiancés :rolleyes:
I think this may be the point at which train wrecks become unwatchable. And all good men cease to come to the aid of their party and go home, to the faithful old dog curled up on the hearth and a nice cup of hot cocoa. I think the Spanish word for pre nup is pre nup.
Andrew, no dejes que te proxeneta por la escalera de roble.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
:(🍸 Why am I not a VIP!?! What does it take!!!?????? I thought I was gossiping for England here! I think Mr. Andrew might mean boyfriend with his terminology, in a lot of south european languages it sounds like fiance I believe...but I might well be wrong. I wonder how long this "romance" will last, already longer than expected by me🧐 And when is Phillip coming out? As a crossdresser or what ever. Who is getting married? I am all questions and no answers here. Yes, and HOW IS TATYANA??? I am worried sick!
Andrew hasn't got very far with his Duolingo sessions......

That mower was just a waste of money,now that they haven't been using it at least it looks greener.They should have the sheep do it,it'll fertilize the lawn as well.And now a digger for 8-10k...why do they need a digger?Seriously?
To bury the bodies.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank you to the tattlers that share the Patreon videos! I am embarrassed to say that while watching SJ in her vlogs, excluding the cadeaux ones, I find myself getting sucked back in. She really does sparkle on screen. Just giving the devil her dues. Not saying that I believe everything that comes out of her mouth.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Like the mower , the so call "restoration" of the place makes me mad too !
Nothing solid gets done !! That terrace, the bloody toilet , the "good luck" Chapel that is going to fall down , Nutti's Panic Room - her apartment , drainage/heater pipes etc, etc .All she does is spend money on things that shouldn't be bought yet !!!
Panic room 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you to the tattlers that share the Patreon videos! I am embarrassed to say that while watching SJ in her vlogs, excluding the cadeaux ones, I find myself getting sucked back in. She really does sparkle on screen. Just giving the devil her dues. Not saying that I believe everything that comes out of her mouth.
I tried to watch the Davy Plans Presentation, on 2x speed, but made it only 1/3 then was overcome by nausea. Perhaps I need therapy...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the place still looks exactly the same from when I visited (about five years ago), in almost every detail. There has not been any serious work done, apart from creating IJ's and Potty's apartments, which I know where done on the cheap, because Ian the builder likes her and gives her discounts. So no, not buying into the story of "putting the patreons money into restoration".
Well, I hate to burst yours, but having completed projects is not the same as not spending money. She's spending gobs of money, but all of it has been very poorly managed. And I don't buy for a second that anybody is giving her sweetheart deals - to the contrary, I think there are plenty of hogs at the trough taking advantage. I just see alot of squandering of money on stuff not fully thought out, or properly planned, and a lot of stockpiling of materials that aren't getting used or needed for a long while, and stupid stuff like expensive antique wall paneling that will cost a fortune to restore properly. I don't think she understands the nuts and bolts of construction/renovation and ends up getting taken for a ride. She desperately needs to sit down and make a prioritized list of projects, set budgets and a spend forecast. Frankly, I don't think she's capable of doing that and will continue to go scattershot until the patreons dry up and move on to something more interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
[
They won't be disappointed. They are away on holidays, Philly is in a play in November, my guess is that they already have a tree up somewhere and are recording it all as we speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I tried to watch the Davy Plans Presentation, on 2x speed, but made it only 1/3 then was overcome by nausea. Perhaps I need therapy...
Yes I had difficulty watching that one as well. Maybe it was Davy.🤔I do find that when she is on screen by herself and talking about a subject whether she is correct or knowledgeable or full of sh….t I do find it more interesting. Maybe I need an intervention😉.
I have wondered however about her visiting churches why she has managed not to have burst into flames!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Time to give this a watch again, @24:48. If you enlist closed captions Sara is serving Marie's nipples. 🤪 Now, back to the guests. There is a man dressed in coral, talking to Steve with an older women in a red floral dress. Many fans thought she was a Dutch actress but Neil Hartley (yellow shirt) shot down this idea. The unknown man in coral disappears before dinner is served. Did he have explosive diarrhea or did he see the food??? Steve took the seat meant for him. The unknown women in red, seated next to BJJ looks drunk, very pulled or a heavily medicated relative of his. The couple seated next to Steve do not seem impressed and are seated farthest from the queen bee, SJ.

The guests on the right are, Gigi Maheux, blonde seated at the end of the table, Maruca Del Valle Leach (mother of Julia and Penelope), Neil Hartley, Julia Del Valle Leach, and Penelope Del Valle Leach. Interesting, when Julia is delivering her speech of praise for SJ, her mother's eyes are not impressed. Mom and Dad are bank rolling the girl's dream but Julia is gushing about SJ. 🤪

I do believe that with Lalande they are pitching a new show idea (Julia did work and her partner does work in the film/tv industry). Dreamers buying chateaux in France. Along with a tour company, to tour all of the chateaux, with workshops sprinkled in. Now, will it be picked up by Discovery, HGTV, Spark Media, UK4 or none of the above and straight to YT??? With BJJ, Steve, Sara, and Brenda Gibbons all rubbing their hands to get rich, what could go wrong????? FAILURE TO LAUNCH IS THE SUCCESS I AM BETTING ON!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Hhmmm...have we discussed the cost of that gaudy murano chandelier in Steffi's orifice...I mean office? Because a little birdie told me that it's more expensive than the Fortuny fabric....
Link is for informational purposes only because it's 50% smaller than the one in the chateau.
FYI 1stDibs prices are sky high - the real prices are at least 50% lower.

Reactions: 5
[

They won't be disappointed. They are away on holidays, Philly is in a play in November, my guess is that they already have a tree up somewhere and are recording it all as we speak.
Actually I think they did mention recording it all much much earlier!It's so cold there in autumn,winter and spring I'm surprised anybody other than sj would be willing to stay there ...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.