The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny will wear the Murano chandelier as her head piece. Very French. And it isn't hooked up yet for electricity so why not??? She will wear a pair of VERY whorish, 6 inch heels, circa 1984 ( years before her child groom's
birth). And fall down the terrace steps as they crumble beneath her.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
My dad had Alzheimer's, his dad had it and 3 of his brothers and 1 sister had it. Also, my mother's dad had Dementia. It is, truly, a very sad and horrible disease. And, since it's been prevalent on both sides of my family, I'm increasingly worried that I'll get it, too. Every time I forget something that I would normally know right away, I worry. I see something or remember something and cannot for the life of me remember what it's called...well, you get the picture. I stopped eating or drinking anything that says "sugar-free" because I read on a medical website that Aspartame has been directly linked to Alzheimer's and Dementia.

Sorry to ramble on but I do worry a lot about it.
Make sure you are getting plenty of B vitamins and good fats in your diet, and please don't ruin your good days worrying about your bad days. Eat as well as you can and enjoy the present. Mindfulness is a great practise too.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Back to the wedding.
Nutti or Dana are the old maids of honor. Both think they are sexy so they wear the skimpiest, tightest dresses they own. Maybe a flamenco outfit??? Or a belly dancer outfit from the costume closet in the attic.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She was so manic in the gift grab, it's even worse than it was previously. That low cut dress with a slit at the side, her voice and the laugh are just dreadful. How can she behave like that? The new girl looked out of place as the poor newbies always do. The madness of people writing letters from abroad to explain things about French churches and tell SJ where to eat and visit in Limoges (!); people sending from the US to France: a diamante Eiffel Tower and a gilt plaque saying "Bonjour", which she says she'll put in the chicken coop; more Spode dessert forks to add to the growing collection; personalised Christmas decorations including one for Mason who is coming in the autumn; an expensive camera gimbal; a Limoges rosary in a peacock box; loads of salt (SJ declared that she LOVED salt!); angel wing earrings for Nati; a hedgehog timer and a hedgehog Christmas decoration; a knitted peacock that looked like a snail; another hedgehog; towels from people who don't realise the quality of linen and towels that Madame buys for herself. It really goes from bad to worse and I think that's the last gift grab for me; I really can't stomach any more. To think that adults, both the givers and receivers, can carry on like that, in the midst of a serious global pandemic, wasting money and encouraging this damaged acquisitive woman, it's just too immoral. The whole thing is just ridiculous and is spiraling out of control. Does she intend to carry on with it forever?
Thank you! I’ve stopped watching. It’s the same ’ol garbage each and every time! And paying import fees or whatever it is to open this junk, I’d be kicking myself after the first haul and be like “Nah, not worth it!”

It’s peacocks: way to many peacocks, pillows, swizzle sticks, ornaments, costumes. She has the real thing, I’m sure she doesn’t need to be reminded of it everywhere she looks. I love cats, it doesn’t mean I want porcelain cat statues all over my house, and a poster of cat telling me to “Hang in there“ in my bathroom. I have one live cat and that’s plenty.

There’s hedgehogs: a few little ones are cute, maybe on a shelf, but when you end up with a “hedgehog room” it’s time to call the doctor.

The squirrels: there are enough squirrels on the tree branch monstrosity to last a lifetime. Remember the cat thing? They are two squirrels short of a nut house!

The ornaments: I hope she sets up a tree in the cesspit, that’s the best place to display them. I’ve been bombarded with the school made ornaments for years, while I do “treasure” them, you know those witches get hung on the back of the tree every year.

The leftovers from a garage sale: there’s a reason no one bought this crap, thrift stores exist, (and so do burn pits) and you don’t have to pay postage.

Clothes that someone grew out of in ‘86: Ok, I’m never that mad at this one, I love a good time warp. Pass them down to your kids, it’s hipster chic and they’ll get a kick out of it. You don’t have kids? Sell them on poshmark. Your Z. Cavarrici’s and tiered shiny prom dress will pay for your next electric bill.

Fabric from the local dime store that someone cleared out during a going out of business sale: Nope, nope, nope, people are picky about fabric, designs, and quality. She’s got more than enough to last her through a lifetime of projects. No one wants to be buried alive under their own fabric stash. I’ve had a few close calls myself. And if it’s been sitting for years in a shed: burn pit

Oh God the socks (just why? why all the socks?!): If I see one more pair of socks I’m going to have an aneurysm. They don’t have 16 pairs of feet each. You people buying them all the socks need an intervention.

The Spode forks and spoons: why do these exist? Spode you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The Food: just send them the rats, it’ll be quicker

And finally, the full set of China, whatever the pattern: I know you want to see your great grandmother’s China used for a fancy dinner party and you don’t know enough people in real life to justify keeping it. Throw yourself a dinner party and invite over all your imaginary friends, tell them all about your China. I promise they’ll get more enjoyment out of it than layabouts in France.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I don't get it either !
There is nothing appealing about her and as for her floral displays.... shove it in a jar - bingo a professional job!
I have to say ....... SJ Always tells her the flowers she makes are Soooo Beautiful ect ..... she is encouraging her to do this crap stuff !

You know ... FRK should not have bought that car... that Freebie money would have been better spent on going to a proper Floral Arrangement School and with all that freebie money she could have afforded to take many of the fancy schools in London (for example) courses and then get a proper job but...... perhaps she really did not want to do this - you know , work ???
Gosh I had a look at some in London and it looks interesting and she has the $$ for many of the schools too!!!

Morning everyone :)
I agree with the floral school, however she does NOT like any criticism, so I highly doubt she would be a "success" at that either. She apparently thinks she is very important. But we all know what happens to the misfits when they leave the island, they fall by the wayside.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Sewist is making the wedding dress- modeled after some princesses she once knew with the surname of Disney.
Sewist is sewing it because she SAYS she can sew....SEW!.....SJ thinks she CAN. No proof needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thank you! I’ve stopped watching. It’s the same ’ol garbage each and every time! And paying import fees or whatever it is to open this junk, I’d be kicking myself after the first haul and be like “Nah, not worth it!”

It’s peacocks: way to many peacocks, pillows, swizzle sticks, ornaments, costumes. She has the real thing, I’m sure she doesn’t need to be reminded of it everywhere she looks. I love cats, it doesn’t mean I want porcelain cat statues all over my house, and a poster of cat telling me to “Hang in there“ in my bathroom. I have one live cat and that’s plenty.

There’s hedgehogs: a few little ones are cute, maybe on a shelf, but when you end up with a “hedgehog room” it’s time to call the doctor.

The squirrels: there are enough squirrels on the tree branch monstrosity to last a lifetime. Remember the cat thing? They are two squirrels short of a nut house!

The ornaments: I hope she sets up a tree in the cesspit, that’s the best place to display them. I’ve been bombarded with the school made ornaments for years, while I do “treasure” them, you know those witches get hung on the back of the tree every year.

The leftovers from a garage sale: there’s a reason no one bought this crap, thrift stores exist, (and so do burn pits) and you don’t have to pay postage.

Clothes that someone grew out of in ‘86: Ok, I’m never that mad at this one, I love a good time warp. Pass them down to your kids, it’s hipster chic and they’ll get a kick out of it

Fabric from the local dime store that someone cleared out during a going out of business sale: Nope, nope, nope, people are picky about fabric, designs, and quality. She’s got more than enough to last her through a lifetime of projects. No one wants to be buried alive under their own fabric stash. I’ve had a few close calls myself. And if it’s been sitting for years in a shed: burn pit

Oh God the socks (just why? why all the socks?!): If I see one more pair of socks I’m going to have an aneurysm. They don’t have 16 pairs of feet each. You people buying them all the socks need an intervention.

The Spode forks and spoons: why do these exist? Spode you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The Food: just send them the rats, it’ll be quicker

And finally, the full set of China, whatever the pattern: I know you want to see your great grandmother’s China used for a fancy dinner party and you don’t know enough people in real life to justify keeping it. Throw yourself a dinner party and invite over all your imaginary friends, tell them all about your China. I promise they’ll get more enjoyment out of it than layabouts in France.
YOU...my friend...ARE A HOOT!!! Funny people are the best!😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I think with Mason coming....?????? The chances of a wedding between SJ and fop Phyllis are diminishing.
Sadly I think you are right :cry:
I would love to see what Wedding dress SJ could find at the local Op Shop and I was sure that a Hedgehog would be Squirrel Boys "best man".

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If we say his name three times will he go back to the Netherlands?🤞

B.png
A.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Nic is in charge of the gift "bags"!!!!
Every guest gets one at the reception.

• Haha
  • Heart
My dad had Alzheimer's, his dad had it and 3 of his brothers and 1 sister had it. Also, my mother's dad had Dementia. It is, truly, a very sad and horrible disease. And, since it's been prevalent on both sides of my family, I'm increasingly worried that I'll get it, too. Every time I forget something that I would normally know right away, I worry. I see something or remember something and cannot for the life of me remember what it's called...well, you get the picture. I stopped eating or drinking anything that says "sugar-free" because I read on a medical website that Aspartame has been directly linked to Alzheimer's and Dementia.

It is a good thing to avoid unhealthy food (or to eat them in moderation on special occasions) indeed.
You seem to take good care of yourself, Phoenix
. 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 16
FRK is the flower girl...and a sad-ass one at that.
Very grumpy. And frumpy. With some weeds stuck behind each ear....and no bra.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Put it all together and you have one HELL of a wedding party!!! Whooeeeee!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I know what you are feeling ..... me too.... when I forget something etc you have this worry inside of you.
My Mother must have known for she did crosswords for years ( to "use" your brain ) but ... it did not help.
If that is my future then I make sure Today is good and try to forget this as best as I can and enjoy life.
I love to read Tattle Life as I have to say.... I have not laughed so hard in years!
I hope that does not come across as pathetic.....:unsure::)
Now..... Go out and enjoy your life or I will get MumZilla on to you !

• Heart
  • Haha
I know what you are feeling ..... me too.... when I forget something etc you have this worry inside of you.
My Mother must have known for she did crosswords for years ( to "use" your brain ) but ... it did not help.
If that is my future then I make sure Today is good and try to forget this as best as I can and enjoy life.
I love to read Tattle Life as I have to say.... I have not laughed so hard in years!
I hope that does not come across as pathetic.....:unsure::)
Now..... Go out and enjoy your life or I will get MumZilla on to you !
My mom too was an avid crossword puzzle guru. Now they are just piled up on her couch. Amazing though, that when I get stuck doing one, and I ask her, she can sometimes just spit out the right answer, and it is a word I never heard of!!! And she is always modest when I am blown away with her answer. She always says, " Oh, that is just a common, crossword puzzle answer....if you did as many as I do you would know that too ". God love her. And she was a teacher for 40 years. It is sad.
I can't think of words more and more either. And it does make you worry with a family history. My mom also had a traumatic head injury almost 30 years ago which can contribute to Alzheimer's too.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.