The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! I’ve stopped watching. It’s the same ’ol garbage each and every time! And paying import fees or whatever it is to open this junk, I’d be kicking myself after the first haul and be like “Nah, not worth it!”

It’s peacocks: way to many peacocks, pillows, swizzle sticks, ornaments, costumes. She has the real thing, I’m sure she doesn’t need to be reminded of it everywhere she looks. I love cats, it doesn’t mean I want porcelain cat statues all over my house, and a poster of cat telling me to “Hang in there“ in my bathroom. I have one live cat and that’s plenty.
My ex-MIL loves elephants (as do I) so, of course, every birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas...any day of celebration where a gift is given,...she'd receive elephant statuettes, elephant pillows, ANYTHING with an elephant on it. This woman had THREE lighted glass cabinets FULL of elephant paraphernalia, so crammed that you couldn't even clearly see what they all looked like. It was a nightmare to help her dust and rearrange all those elephants...LOL

I know what you are feeling ..... me too.... when I forget something etc you have this worry inside of you.
My Mother must have known for she did crosswords for years ( to "use" your brain ) but ... it did not help.
If that is my future then I make sure Today is good and try to forget this as best as I can and enjoy life.
I love to read Tattle Life as I have to say.... I have not laughed so hard in years!
I hope that does not come across as pathetic.....:unsure::)
Now..... Go out and enjoy your life or I will get MumZilla on to you !
I do crosswords and all kinds of other brain games. Just hope it holds the dreaded diseases at bay for awhile longer!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My ex-MIL loves elephants (as do I) so, of course, every birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas...any day of celebration where a gift is given,...she'd receive elephant statuettes, elephant pillows, ANYTHING with an elephant on it. This woman had THREE lighted glass cabinets FULL of elephant paraphernalia, so crammed that you couldn't even clearly see what they all looked like. It was a nightmare to help her dust and rearrange all those elephants...LOL
That’s too many elephants! It’s what happens when people know you love something and before you know it, it’s turned into a full-fledged collection and you’re singing to yourself “My God, How did I get here?”. I used to collect carousel horse music boxes when I was much younger, can you guess what I got every year at Christmas?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My mom too was an avid crossword puzzle guru. Now they are just piled up on her couch. Amazing though, that when I get stuck doing one, and I ask her, she can sometimes just spit out the right answer, and it is a word I never heard of!!! And she is always modest when I am blown away with her answer. She always says, " Oh, that is just a common, crossword puzzle answer....if you did as many as I do you would know that too ". God love her. And she was a teacher for 40 years. It is sad.
I can't think of words more and more either. And it does make you worry with a family history. My mom also had a traumatic head injury almost 30 years ago which can contribute to Alzheimer's too.
OMG, your story of your mom gave me chills! I can tell you this mimics my grandmother to a T, down to the head injury. She too was a teacher, avid crossword enthusiast, before her eyesight went, and had driven into a tree, which sadly enough, was on the edge of her yard, causing the head injury which was what doctor’s thought might have brought on the Alzheimer’s.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I quit telling people I love teapots.
My favorite ex husband discovered this fact about me. In 20 years I've only seen 1 teapot similar to the hideous one he proudly gifted me for my first....and nearly last birthday spent in his company.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did we get confirmation that David and Donna are a couple?! (They are from the old vlogs). Or, was she calling them out (they have ‘moved on’ friendship wise)? Or, they actually did visit during the pandemic??
SSB points out some rather lovely bee earrings from David that were given “last year”. Nutti corrects her supposed error in the time-line.
From the latest gift-grab…
Or maybe they got together post vlogs… Anyways, who cares? Do I care? Oh sigh 🤣🤦.

After watching Dan’s vlogs recently, I’d also like to mention some ‘Dan appreciation’. If I had a moment in my life that I’d like to have a videographer capture, I’d trust him! (Pre-supposing a professional transaction ect).

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Wonder how Philip will like that!
Something to look forward to! Mason can’t stand SJ blogging. No way is he putting up with Phyllis’ nonsense. Did anyone notice the shift in yesterday’s vlog? Seems like they are now co-presenters. I’d rather listen to the snorts.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I want to pin him down and shave off his gross facial splotchy hair and get out my number 3 Clippers and shave his head. What an odd little duck he would be....but would it be any worse than with his baldy head peaking thru his dread locks up top?
While lost in his own imagination, he believes he looks like a long lost musketeer, in reality he looks more like Toby Jones in Ever After.
D3E35ABF-3F36-4E72-9EB5-98BB934C3A5E.jpeg

Please will somebody shave his head! I can’t look at a mop without getting PTSD.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
It’s not quite bedtime here, but I’m watching Selmar’s vlog… it’s like ASMR! (I’m sure that must have been mentioned here before)… AS-ELMAR!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
While lost in his own imagination, he believes he looks like a long lost musketeer, in reality he looks more like Toby Jones in Ever After.Please will somebody shave his head! I can’t look at a mop without getting PTSD.
If he'd only tie it back, at the very least. Didn't Monsieur Nostrille do minor bits in musicals? Plays? Actors can be tetchy about their looks, which might explain the abundance of hair and the need for a Plan B job with Fanny during the pando...

Reactions: 8
If he'd only tie it back, at the very least. Didn't Monsieur Nostrille do minor bits in musicals? Plays? Actors can be tetchy about their looks, which might explain the abundance of hair and the need for a Plan B job with Fanny during the pando...
It really doesn’t look bad when it’s pulled back. When it’s down, it’s distracting, especially when he starts flipping it around. I guess the kid wants to live his best Pantene fantasy.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I believe he was also in a Boy Band

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Tonnes of food washed down with wine
Eating and grabbing all the time
Stuff it in and stuff it down
In every village, city, and town.

Look at a carving, look at a door
Read from Wiki and grab more and more
Buy more tat and pretend to be poor
She's a dirty scrounger and a bleep!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Personally not into the Dan appreciation ... Sick of B-Roll on a short video, heck how many times do I need to see a green van on a road! Plus he has no appreciation for his stuff - he throws everything around ... food on a conveyor belt, tools in the green monstrosity etc ...

• Wow
Reactions: 9
With fans arriving at Lalande, BJJ has found an excuse preventing him from mingling with the guests. 😷
This interesting exchange from a very late BJJ in the live chat during the gift grab...

Isabelle Jarvis Thelma Nijman I hope you both enjoy Lalande!
Cara Winsor Hehir @Thelma Nijman will you be there sunday evening?
Philip Janssen @Thelma Nijman We both will! I however am quarantining from everyone here as I’ve got a friend with an immune disease coming. She hasn’t had a holiday in years and we’re trying to do it as safe as
Linda Elliott @ Philip Janssen that’s a lovely thing to do for, your friend hope she has a wonderful time
Philip Janssen @Linda Elliott Me too! I feel very fortunate to be able to give her a break and distraction for a bit. She’s so precious to me
Thelma Nijman @Philip Janssen oh I see. But we hope to see you from afar
Philip Janssen @Thelma Nijman I think that should be fine from a distance :)

...and there is always one in every chat... Nutti (missing from the chats) is over whelmed and can't help you.

Brent Wheeler Natalie.. I just tried booking, it says you cannot make reservations past Dec. 2021.. I sent you a message..
So this immune friend is going to parachute 🪂 in from the Netherlands 🇳🇱
Thus avoiding ANY contact with anyone for the entire 8 hour journey

Then at the chateau
With multiple ppls working and using every aspect of the farmhouse
They will be staying in the servants wing ??? To avoid contact ??

No eamause
No visit to Limoges
It’s high season ……

So a holiday in a room in a shitshow with international ppl floating in and out

Guess SSB is anxious to get the church back in use …..

Destination funerals must be a new business opportunity 🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Did we get confirmation that David and Donna are a couple?! (They are from the old vlogs). Or, was she calling them out (they have ‘moved on’ friendship wise)? Or, they actually did visit during the pandemic??
SSB points out some rather lovely bee earrings from David that were given “last year”. Nutti corrects her supposed error in the time-line.
From the latest gift-grab…
Or maybe they got together post vlogs… Anyways, who cares? Do I care? Oh sigh 🤣🤦.

After watching Dan’s vlogs recently, I’d also like to mention some ‘Dan appreciation’. If I had a moment in my life that I’d like to have a videographer capture, I’d trust him! (Pre-supposing a professional transaction ect).
So agree

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.