The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lalande better get ready. She's coming for you. Until then, she's chatting, commenting, packing, promoting and flogging. She'll fit right in.

from the gift grab live chat...
Cara Winsor Hehir @Sarah Yates mostly packed! i leave friday.
Linda Elliott @ Cara Winsor Hehir when do you arrive try and give us a wave if your near any filming
Cara Winsor Hehir @Linda Elliot i fly through the night on friday, so saturday im going to sleep in a hotel in paris. i arrive in lalande on sunday.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i figure after being up for so long i'll need a good snore.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i'll have lots of fun tasks for you to try, spinning, dyeing, felting. putting you to work
Maria K @Cara Winsor Hehir I hope all the poop is cleaned off though

from Selmar's latest flog comments...
Cara Winsor Hehir
1 day ago
cannot wait to get my hands on that wool next week! looking forward to meeting you, selmar!

Packing for France

Cara Winsor Hehir

I'm off the France! I'll be spending 3 weeks at www.chateaudelalande.com processing sheeps' wool. Here is a bit of footage of me packing my suitcase, including many great dresses, local pottery, and other crafted delights. And an appearance by the unseen teen. List of items I packed: Dress, skirts, shirts - www.melaniejacqueline.com Jacket - www.dianegoldieartist.com Tote - http://signageclothingcrafts.business... Embroidered necklaces - Arlee Barr fibrespace.bigcartel.com Shoes - Investigator and Orbits Fluevogs www.fluevog.com Tights - www.snagtights.ca Pink dress - www.wanitaboutique.com Newfoundland tartan tie - http://nonia.com Pitcher plant cup - http://cupstudios.net Vase - http://sauceypots.me Notebook and pine martin cup - www.kristapower.com Persistence t shirt - www.persistencetheatre.com Swim bottoms - www.hinecollection.com
Omg! What a riot THAT will be!!! Now we KNOW SJ will NOT either film with her while Cara is there or SJ will conveniently be on a trip AGAIN!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I met a very nice Dutch policewoman down at the Dam, when the Queen was laying a wreath on Armistice Day. She greeted me, in Dutch, and I replied in Afrikaans, which gave her a big smile. Her name is Anna-Mika and she was single on the rebound so we had some nice months knowing that I would say goodbye soonish. It was a wonderful time and we kept in touch but then she married and children and contact is lost. Which is ok, as I am now married too. And of course we are all much older. Although I have lived in a number of countries and this story has similarities in those countries too. Strangely, in Australia it was also a policewoman, but enough of that. You have brought memories and smiles to me here. Dank u wel.
Your welcome..Graag gedaan!!!:love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
It's the same car but she's had it 'wrapped' not with Mr Jarvis gift wrap but with a car wrap. Basically instead of buying a white car, she bought a blue one and has now had it wrapped for her floristry business needs, seems like a waste of money to me, why not just buy a white one and then have the advertising made at probably a fraction of the cost?
Ready for a bit of nostalgia? She could always print this on her van😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't mind the b roll stuff because he keeps it short unlike Selmars. I bet the farmer loved today's footage.
I like Dans vlogs...i also like the green van finging its way through the landscape.....and his shots of the farmland ;) not so keen on all that plasterboarding though...

• Heart
I did wonder what Wild and Hand Picked flowers meant... does it mean she has hand picked them herself , in which case all of her florals will need to have been hand picked by her or has the supplier hand picked them? Or have all Wild flowers growing on the hedgerow been hand picked, I would assume that some one has to hand pick them. I'm confused.
Maybe Handpicked is synonymous for stolen (from roadside, parks, cemeteries, flowerpots)? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Let us rewrite that!

The pile in the middle of nowhere that is Lalande, is an eclectic mix of pretentious styles and colour. Some do show taste whilst others quite frankly make you sick to look at it. Understated it isn't! The Vibrant nature of The Renaissance, could be front and centre but sadly it is as worn as it's rotten windows and shutters. The crumbling facade, is peeling like an afterthought, when someone forgot to care for it's skin.

The breakfast, would have been wonderfully received. Sadly, the background was in a grubby kitchen, where greasemarks abound and the table exhibits a thousand cuts of torture-one can only imagine what has been prepared there. I expect a petri dish could provide answers.
As for the mounds of butter, it reminds me of The last Tango in Paris, definitely not mouthwatering.

So Lalande, you fall far short of the poetry that you could bring to our short vacation. I would like to wax lyrically about my stay, but sadly I now instead get to re wax my car after the Peacocks have left their offerings upon it.

Au revoir!
just to add a quiet note:

The mounds of butter, while appreciated, had to be chipped away to have enough butter to spread on the stale cold baguette. And sadly, after having watch thousands of hours of shopping for spectacular vintage linen napkins and beautiful table cloths, neither appeared on the table, as the single China produced Spode plate was found placed next to a solitary plain paper napkin.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Haha, who would have guessed? Steph is going to interview Marie on success stories....
And change of plans: our tattle party for Phil bday is not in Venice but at Versailles ! Need to buy a complete new set of clothes now...

• Haha
FRK made it to the live chat but SJ is busy partying??? :unsure:
BJJ got way in over his head in the live chat... 🤪

Marie Wiik Hello everyone

Philip Janssen @Céleste Reumert Refn That is so sweet of you, thank you!
Steph’s not coming to the chat tonight as it’s Marie’s last night and they’re having a party. I’m in quarantine

Céleste Reumert Refn @Philip Janssen You know I am coming in October? Will you both be there?

Philip Janssen @Céleste Reumert Refn A friend of mine who has an immune disease is coming, so to make everything as safe as possible, I’m socially distancing from everyone else!
Bordeaux Life@ Phil Nixon @Philip Janssen I think he is in quarantine with the tree!!!
Philip Janssen @Bordeaux Life Nope, no Covid, but just a precaution

Céleste Reumert Refn @Philip Janssen Did you see my question?
Philip Janssen @Céleste Reumert Refn I think I replied to all of them, but I might have missed one?
Céleste Reumert Refn @Philip Janssen Steph?
Philip Janssen @Céleste Reumert Refn She’s usually there, at least for the dinners on Friday and/or Saturday
Céleste Reumert Refn @Philip Janssen I am wanting to do the Trade Mark Session while there!
Philip Janssen @Céleste Reumert Refn That’s super kind!! If you want to set up anything, make sure to email Nati so she can check the calendar :)
Céleste Reumert Refn @Philip Janssen I wrote it in the RESERVATION Thingy. Would she have seen that?

Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen will you be there at Halloween?
Philip Janssen @Jason Dubey Yes, I’ll be here for the foreseeable future! :)
Jason Dubey @Philip Janssen Great! I may need help with my costume!!

Philip Janssen Marie has a premiere now! And @Bordeaux Life has a premiere in 15 minutes
Philip Janssen (Marie’s video is only 15 minutes)

• Haha
  • Wow
Anyone seen this? It wasn’t good enough for YouTube, but ok for his patrons
It was so boring! :sleep: Filmed before he did his coming-out begging vlog, MPK mentions how most of Patreon's money just goes to pay Sean's labor because he just can't do it all by himself. Change your YouTube channel handle to Doing it with Sean because you obviously can't do anything without him!

mpk28.png
mpk29.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Wasn’t up to the standard! Not enough beefcake! It was more like his old videos (albeit I personally found it a bit boring) I always find he’s glib about something, a private joke.
How sad about the chickens! Those French dogs strike again! Oh but the remaining seem happy.😟 I’m not that familiar with chickens but that did not sound like happy vocalizing.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Maybe Handpicked is synonymous for stolen (from roadside, parks, cemeteries, flowerpots)? 🤔
I googled it as I was curious myself.It means the flowers are mot commercially harvested.Most likely come from local farms.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
It was so boring! :sleep: Filmed before he did his coming-out begging vlog, MPK mentions how most of Patreon's money just goes to pay Sean's labor because he just can't do it all by himself. Change your YouTube channel handle to Doing it with Sean because you obviously can't do anything without him!

View attachment 682939View attachment 682940
I didn’t see this until after I posted my name alternative-Marquis you are more clever and more faster and you added visual prompts - you are the KING!

Reactions: 8
Add me to the list. Usually when one person is thinking it, others of us are too. I'll be glad when he tires of the drone and backs off a bit.

I am happy for his success. His views are really going up.
I love the drone filming…..everyone likes something different ☺

I wonder how his patrons feel about being allowed to watch a video that is not up to “standard”. This boy is on his way out… That’s my prediction.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Davy's plans for SJ's château in the upcoming Sims 5 looked stunning.
Just waiting, what was it, 5 years, then SJ can play and tap motherlode over and over again.
Must be nice, to live in your own simulated world...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It's the same car but she's had it 'wrapped' not with Mr Jarvis gift wrap but with a car wrap. Basically instead of buying a white car, she bought a blue one and has now had it wrapped for her floristry business needs, seems like a waste of money to me, why not just buy a white one and then have the advertising made at probably a fraction of the cost?
What is “wrapped”? Would painting cost less? She is crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.