The Chateau Diaries #48 No longer Doing It himself. Just doing everyone else

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Espe, post: 5751043, member: 160627"]
On the thumbnail for Marie's vlog tonight about her new branding, there's picture of her van and all it says on the side facing the camera in large letters is: BY MARIE WIIK and then there is a design of some leaves. There is no business name and absolutely no indication of what the business is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marie's van de grift doesn't need to depict only one type of business. SHE is the brand. Why limit herself to only one career path? Marie transcends limits. She is omnipotent. She is a Success ! Don't restrict oneself to florals - next, there could be a perfume, household goods, oh and gourmet foods!! And we haven't even explored the Guru claptrap! Marie is accelerating past floral freeloading into a B R A N D !!🤯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My dad had Alzheimer's, his dad had it and 3 of his brothers and 1 sister had it. Also, my mother's dad had Dementia. It is, truly, a very sad and horrible disease. And, since it's been prevalent on both sides of my family, I'm increasingly worried that I'll get it, too. Every time I forget something that I would normally know right away, I worry. I see something or remember something and cannot for the life of me remember what it's called...well, you get the picture. I stopped eating or drinking anything that says "sugar-free" because I read on a medical website that Aspartame has been directly linked to Alzheimer's and Dementia.

Sorry to ramble on but I do worry a lot about it.
I too worry about it. I feel like a sitting duck. When my Brother was diagnosed a year ago, I felt I'd been kicked in the chest. It literally took my breath away. I never do sugar free either. And I eat more eggs now for good cholestral and oily fish. Brains need some cholesterol I believe. Maybe the increase in Dementia is down to statins? Who knows. You're not alone is my point. I wish you well. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Personally not into the Dan appreciation ... Sick of B-Roll on a short video, heck how many times do I need to see a green van on a road! Plus he has no appreciation for his stuff - he throws everything around ... food on a conveyor belt, tools in the green monstrosity etc ...
Wow! Someone's got their knickers in a knot! Which one of the misfits are you???? Is that you Isabel?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Lalande better get ready. She's coming for you. Until then, she's chatting, commenting, packing, promoting and flogging. She'll fit right in.

from the gift grab live chat...
Cara Winsor Hehir @Sarah Yates mostly packed! i leave friday.
Linda Elliott @ Cara Winsor Hehir when do you arrive try and give us a wave if your near any filming
Cara Winsor Hehir @Linda Elliot i fly through the night on friday, so saturday im going to sleep in a hotel in paris. i arrive in lalande on sunday.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i figure after being up for so long i'll need a good snore.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i'll have lots of fun tasks for you to try, spinning, dyeing, felting. putting you to work
Maria K @Cara Winsor Hehir I hope all the poop is cleaned off though

from Selmar's latest flog comments...
Cara Winsor Hehir
1 day ago
cannot wait to get my hands on that wool next week! looking forward to meeting you, selmar!

Packing for France

Cara Winsor Hehir

I'm off the France! I'll be spending 3 weeks at www.chateaudelalande.com processing sheeps' wool. Here is a bit of footage of me packing my suitcase, including many great dresses, local pottery, and other crafted delights. And an appearance by the unseen teen. List of items I packed: Dress, skirts, shirts - www.melaniejacqueline.com Jacket - www.dianegoldieartist.com Tote - http://signageclothingcrafts.business... Embroidered necklaces - Arlee Barr fibrespace.bigcartel.com Shoes - Investigator and Orbits Fluevogs www.fluevog.com Tights - www.snagtights.ca Pink dress - www.wanitaboutique.com Newfoundland tartan tie - http://nonia.com Pitcher plant cup - http://cupstudios.net Vase - http://sauceypots.me Notebook and pine martin cup - www.kristapower.com Persistence t shirt - www.persistencetheatre.com Swim bottoms - www.hinecollection.com
No bedazzled pasties?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
No bedazzled pasties?
I cannot wait for Hurricane Cara to make landfall!!!
And please god have Sadie and Ma drop off Methrick and his Andrew. Nutti can translate and we will have Phyllis plotting in the background.
Will be a shock to the system to see some work get done around the ShitO! Can only imagine what she will create for SJ!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Personally not into the Dan appreciation ... Sick of B-Roll on a short video, heck how many times do I need to see a green van on a road! Plus he has no appreciation for his stuff - he throws everything around ... food on a conveyor belt, tools in the green monstrosity etc ...

Ummm, do we have a green eyed monster here? Maybe there is 'artistic' licence to how he loads his van....or maybe he's learning from the chaotic mess around the Shitooo....Having seen his proposed menu, hopefully most of it sourced from the garden, I know which I would be happy to eat...

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Unbridled joy. The Pethericks - Billy Boy's gift to the world of vloggery - is returning to delight.

Let the world rejoice. Crumbs of comfort for the diehard fans while MPK licks his wounds (or whatever).
At some point you will post, how thoughtful, how kind. At some point I will not watch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
There seems to be a tiny problem - not immensely important, just a slight curiosity - in Marie's proud unveiling of the Wiik Wilted Wildflower wagon branding.

The vehicle used to illustrate what Purple Parrot (sounds like a gastro pub) has designed is on a white VAN. Not a blue CAR.

Did FRK not send them info about make and model, so that they could create a design which fits the available bodywork accordingly? Or Is that too obvious, too sensible?

Perhaps I missed something and Marie is planning on being Two Wagon Wiik?

Bonkers, bizarre, bewildering.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
She's got a few more years on me 😂
I'm just a silent reader having my say for once - I've said my piece 😜
I am somewhat in agreement with you. I don't know how many b rolls its been, but too many for me. I am no follower of series tv or youtube; the sameness depletes my interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm fairly certain who this is but for now I'll post her recent pictures of Lalande. Why are they still making the guests eat breakfast in the kitchen?:sick:

View attachment 682076
theladyofcharente
The magnificent Château de La Lande... the use of color and light in these interiors truly brings the vibrancy of the renaissance into the modern age.
18h
View attachment 682077
theladyofcharente
French breakfast in all it's splendor. The croissants are pure flaky butter that melt in your mouth, the mound of butter waits to be slathered ontop with an biting, bright jam. The coffee is strong and dark.
1d
There are mice everywhere, just don't look too closely. There is mould on the window, there is no working wash room on the main floor, the only reason these are edible is because there were bought from patissserie. The food here has a beautiful shade of beige. Au Revoir :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maleficent Cara Winsor Hehir is coming to La Lande.
She will bring a spindle. (Yeah, I watched one of her wool videos:eek:)
In her Chambre de la Tour Cara will sit with her nipple pasties out and wait for SJ to come up to her room to shout after Dan.
Then the daft one shall prick herself, fall asleep, only to be awoken by a true lover's kiss.
Prince Phillys is of no use, and the Isa-not-belle says nobody loves SJ more than SJ.
To the relief of all the La Landers they press the Venetian mirror flat on SJ's sleeping face, as the reflection kisses SJ. She wakes up and grabs a Gin & Tonic.
Then they all book a trip to Venice.
FIN

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Lalande better get ready. She's coming for you. Until then, she's chatting, commenting, packing, promoting and flogging. She'll fit right in.

from the gift grab live chat...
Cara Winsor Hehir @Sarah Yates mostly packed! i leave friday.
Linda Elliott @ Cara Winsor Hehir when do you arrive try and give us a wave if your near any filming
Cara Winsor Hehir @Linda Elliot i fly through the night on friday, so saturday im going to sleep in a hotel in paris. i arrive in lalande on sunday.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i figure after being up for so long i'll need a good snore.
Cara Winsor Hehir @Maria K i'll have lots of fun tasks for you to try, spinning, dyeing, felting. putting you to work
Maria K @Cara Winsor Hehir I hope all the poop is cleaned off though

from Selmar's latest flog comments...
Cara Winsor Hehir

1 day ago
cannot wait to get my hands on that wool next week! looking forward to meeting you, selmar!

Packing for France

Cara Winsor Hehir

I'm off the France! I'll be spending 3 weeks at www.chateaudelalande.com processing sheeps' wool. Here is a bit of footage of me packing my suitcase, including many great dresses, local pottery, and other crafted delights. And an appearance by the unseen teen. List of items I packed: Dress, skirts, shirts - www.melaniejacqueline.com Jacket - www.dianegoldieartist.com Tote - http://signageclothingcrafts.business... Embroidered necklaces - Arlee Barr fibrespace.bigcartel.com Shoes - Investigator and Orbits Fluevogs www.fluevog.com Tights - www.snagtights.ca Pink dress - www.wanitaboutique.com Newfoundland tartan tie - http://nonia.com Pitcher plant cup - http://cupstudios.net Vase - http://sauceypots.me Notebook and pine martin cup - www.kristapower.com Persistence t shirt - www.persistencetheatre.com Swim bottoms - www.hinecollection.com
Ohhhffsake

Now you vlog packing - and give shopping links ….

Seriously 😳
Has she watched SSB
That saved wool had ticks init and wasent even cleaned befor saving ??

It’s a pandemic 😷 all by itself 😝😝

I have seen it all now
M
😈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Unbridled joy. The Pethericks - Billy Boy's gift to the world of vloggery - is returning to delight.

Let the world rejoice. Crumbs of comfort for the diehard fans while MPK licks his wounds (or whatever).
Let's hope someone puts Bordeaux Life in the know. If they describe the Pethericks as a "beautiful family" they can be no more than acquainted. I now regard them as akin to the characters in the TV programme "Shameless". Gwen - I have no words.

"Espe, post: 5751043, member: 160627"]
On the thumbnail for Marie's vlog tonight about her new branding, there's picture of her van and all it says on the side facing the camera in large letters is: BY MARIE WIIK and then there is a design of some leaves. There is no business name and absolutely no indication of what the business is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Marie's van de grift doesn't need to depict only one type of business. SHE is the brand. Why limit herself to only one career path? Marie transcends limits. She is omnipotent. She is a Success ! Don't restrict oneself to florals - next, there could be a perfume, household goods, oh and gourmet foods!! And we haven't even explored the Guru claptrap! Marie is accelerating past floral freeloading into a B R A N D !!🤯
OMG you have "solidified your vision in the brand".... 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Hot of the press comes my 2021 scoop of the year. I have managed to get an interview I have called “Wilting SuccMess”. Michael Petherick has agreed to edit it for me and so I can guarantee it will be out this Friday! In the meantime, as a special preview treat for Tattlers, I have a transcript of part of the interview below. Sadly, it did not end well so this will be my last interview - unless I get more patrons for myself. Do you understand? No more interviews unless I get more patrons. Don't forget to subscribe and watch the ads.

Me: Marie. You are my dear friend and I could not resist asking you to be interviewed as part of your own series. Could we start by highlighting your successes?

MWilt: Well, he hee. I have set up a successful flower business.

Me: Wonderful Marie. It must have been difficult raising the capital to start such a venture. How did you go about doing that?

MWilt: Oh it was easy. I just begged on the internet and the money came in.

Me: So no self investment?

MWilt: No. Except I had to buy a jam jar from Emmaus.

Me: I see. Well, people have started successful businesses with very little money. Now you are making a profit from all your clients, your patrons must be delighted that you are now able to stand on your own two feet and presumably continue to expand by re-investing the profits into the business.

MWilt: (Looks exasperated). That is not how business works at all. I don’t need to make any money myself by selling my flowers so I have no clients. Someone once asked me to take them as a customer. I said No. I am too busy.

Me: Oh I do apologise. I thought the idea was you became self sufficient and I thought you had used your profits to buy yourself a car.

MWilt. (Still exasperated). You have a funny idea of business. That is not how it works. I just collect some flowers from the roadside and put them in jam jars. Patrons pay for me to do this. I don’t want to work or have a job or develop a business so my business plan is to continue to take money from my patrons. That way I can pretend I have a business but I don’t have one. I have a brand. Well I have a vision of a brand. It is a different model to the usual patron system. I am so proud of my success in achieving this. My patrons are so pleased with me, they gifted me the car.

Me: OK. So the new business. You seem to be very ambitious starting a second business so soon after the first.

M Wilt: Yes. I am proud of my success.

Me: Did you have any start up costs with that one?

MWilt: No. Stephanie let me use her sitting room for free.

Me: Success Stories. Is that a business you are going to develop into a revenue stream for yourself?

MWilt: No. I am just going to have a chat with a few random people I already know and shove it on Youtube. It won’t attract any attention but I would not want it to. It would make me far too busy.

Me: So how will you fund the continuation of this one?

MWilt: You are not very bright. Patrons will solidify their vision of the brand by becoming top tier contributors.

Me: So your aim is to get patrons to fund everything so that income and profit becomes irrelevant?

MWilt: Goodness yes. He he hee. I am busy running my brand. I simply cannot work any harder.

Me: Do you think it might be a good idea to actually use patron money to create a business so that you can support yourself?

MWilt: DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Next interview: Michael Petherick. Title Free again in Madrid,
And again
Another contender for post of the thread 🧵

Kudos …. Await the mini series 😈
💳 behind the bar
Pilot 👩‍✈️ awaits
M
😈😈😈💫

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Why does ANDREW turn up on my wife's phone and not mine!? I thought he'd prefer my trouser snake to her melons!?! And do tell me that it says BACK Entry free on that sign there, I haven't got my reading glasses handy...

🍸 :LOL:
226397509_10157939017921338_5548441390784484735_n.jpg
221732628_10157939018761338_5119751116798458128_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It is as if Isabelle and Stephanie Jarvis are psychics. 🤪 🤪 They are not very clever.

Today's CD flog...
DAVY'S CHATEAU GARDEN DESIGNS ARE AMAZING!!!
Davy shows us his incredible plans for the chateau gardens & the chapel restorer comes to give us an update!!

From the gift grab live chat...
Isabelle Jarvis Roger withers I shall contact the restorer this week and ask for an update to see if his treatment is working.

from the gift grab comments...
Lizelle Jvr Grobler

22 hours ago
What happened to the chapel restoratoin?

Im Happy

21 hours ago
The restorer had an accident and so the repairs have been postponed

Barbi Button
15 hours ago
The restorer took a bad fall...September maybe (start date)

Im Happy

13 hours ago
@Barbi Button I always wondered about the restorer. Stephanie mentioned the chapel would be his last project before retirement. And when he appeared in that one video he was an older gentleman and I was concerned for the scope of work along with his age.

Christine Donohue

8 hours ago
@Im Happy how did you come across this information? I’m interested in finding sources that may not appear on the ordinary vlogs.

Lizelle Jvr Grobler

6 hours ago (edited)
@Im Happy Im so sorry to hear about his accident. Praying that he has a speedy and full recovery.

Im Happy

4 hours ago (edited)
@Christine Donohue If my memory serves me correctly, I saw him featured on a vlog although I can’t remember which one. He and Stephanie were examining the Chapel so he could determine what work needed to be done. It was only recently, maybe a couple of months back (?), that Stephanie mentioned the terrible news about the gentleman’s accident. I can’t remember if that was on the regular vlog or the Patreon’s vlog where Stephanie does a monthly update on her Patreon site

Christine Donohue

1 hour ago
@Im Happy ah thank you. It was probably on Patreon. Hope he gets better soon.

Reactions: 9
Exacto. Cut out that dreary middleman, an actual brick and mortar florist business. With dreary customers, overheads, and non-grifted flowers.

Reactions: 11
Ohhhffsake

Now you vlog packing - and give shopping links ….

Seriously 😳
Has she watched SSB
That saved wool had ticks init and wasent even cleaned befor saving ??

It’s a pandemic 😷 all by itself 😝😝

I have seen it all now
M
😈
Why has she bothered giving links?
I don't see us rushing to buy what she is offering...only those with traction maybe.

She's got a few more years on me 😂
I'm just a silent reader having my say for once - I've said my piece 😜
You should get out more often. The Slytherin common room gets boring at times. 🤣

Why does ANDREW turn up on my wife's phone and not mine!? I thought he'd prefer my trouser snake to her melons!?! And do tell me that it says BACK Entry free on that sign there, I haven't got my reading glasses handy...

🍸 :LOL:View attachment 682704View attachment 682705
Looks like he is drinking piss. Classy chap.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.