The Chateau Diaries #44 Once again the flogs are full of of Tits, Tat and Tedious Tours.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The doll is Tess Hoffman’s gimmick. She’s been dragging that ugly thing everywhere for years now, making people feel really uncomfortable.
What’s the story behind Tess’s doll?
Is she trying to be like Sebastian Flyte and his teddy Aloysius?

Of course, Stephanie named the sheep from Brideshead.
That Steve and Sarah couple…so NOT your “typical” Canadians…in any way…I’ve wondered just where they’re from, with that weird, nasal accent, ffs. Very annoying…embarrassing…Signed…a proud Canadian (long May we rock!)
Agreed, their accents are odd! The food they make is not typical Canadian either. They’re from Ontario, but that still doesn’t explain it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
in the next clip, she shows the most recently interviewed person is Nati…….??????
Some success story! We know Marie's language skills are far from perfect; are we sure she understands the meaning of "success"?

But why sit there looking like that? We know she knows how to turn on the sunshine for the camera. She chose not to light up with any life, love & laughter for Selmar's video.
I tend to think this may be the real SJ and the rest is all acting for the camera. Certainly seems that both she and MP have been having a serious talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Is it me or Ian really looked pis***d off with them and their unability of helping him with simple pipes ? It was painful to watch. Anyway, I found him less joyfull than usual and not really himself.

Can't blame him.

PS : OMG Philip look rocks this time !!! Striped yellow top + white socks + grand dad slippers (not to forget the woollen hat). A caricature 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Was Selmar speaking Dutch to BJJ after the chicken run? What did he say as Phyllis wasn’t happy 😂

Reactions: 16
I can't believe how these superfans can be stupid.

And how the Lalande mafia plays with them and knows what can trigger them. They are so obvious that I wonder if they really do it on purpose or not :

Greg A
5 hours ago (edited)
As an American, I’m impressed, honored, that the English, Dutch, French, and others from far stretches of the World all celebrated The Forth of July.

Hide reply

Joseph P
3 hours ago
My thoughts exactly

The French poster again (once again, I swear it is NOT me) :

Isabelle M
8 hours ago
Hello everyone. I am looking forward to your works. But be sure to accept this remark: your team of plumbers works in curious conditions. Their employer must provide them with adequate material and equipment. Without forgetting the "PPE" (in France: "Personal Protection Equipment") in order to protect them as well as their employer (responsible for their safety). I noticed, among other things, the young man working in slippers, which is why it would be wise to invite his employer to respect the Labor Code. Otherwise, the work continues, slowly but surely.
Show less

Hide 2 replies

caroline gooder
caroline gooder
4 hours ago
They are protecting the floors as they need work next. They are also keeping dirt out of the rooms.

Isabelle Martin
Isabelle M
2 hours ago
Hello Madam. In the Labor Code, this is the employer's obligation to take care of people's health (working conditions, hygiene, etc.). He must provide them with gloves, safety shoes, protective glasses, helmets and toilets (toilet, shower, dining hall, etc.). Madam, it is not a question of the cleanliness of the premises, important, it is true, but of the protection of the workers.
Show less

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I wonder if the miserable look is that she is being forced to examine her own life & is having some sort of mid-life crisis. What has she achieved? Every material possession she has, has been acquired with other people's money. She has a chateau that she managed to acquire with money from her parents; she has hardly earned a penny from real work in her life. Her current earnings are from ad revenue for a few YT videos. She lives a hedonistic lifestyle, again paid for mostly by others. She has not managed to sustain a lasting adult personal relationship and is now with a timid young boy, half her age, rather than being in a loving, supportive, equal partnership. Most of the friends, employees and others surrounding her are drifters who also have unfulfilled lives. The fans and people financing her life are needy strangers and sycophants who lack common sense and intelligence and are searching for 2 minutes of attention from a stranger, wanting to hear their names read out on what they see as a TV programme. Maybe she is beginning to see that this is what her life amounts to. She had a lot going for her when she was young; she had financial security and a place at Oxford, she also had, what seems from afar, to have been a responsible and socially aware spouse. Now, she lives in a crumbling chateau, unable to get anything properly restored and finished and all she can manage to do is to add to all the unnecessary material possessions and fripperies that actually don't bring contentment. Maybe she realises that all the potential she had has been wasted.

Was Selmar speaking Dutch to BJJ after the chicken run? What did he say as Phyllis wasn’t happy
I think BJJ knew quite well that both SJ and Selmar were laughing at him, not with him. They both found it hilarious. Good for Selmar as I reckon they probably laugh at him a lot. I guess BJJ and SJ had a showdown after that! She's good at slapping people down and laughing at the same time and he responds by saying she is like her mother, which she hates!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
She had a lot going for her when she was young; she had financial security and a place at Oxford, she also had, what seems from afar, to have been a responsible and socially aware spouse. Now, she lives in a crumbling chateau, unable to get anything properly restored and finished and all she can manage to do is to add to all the unnecessary material possessions and fripperies that actually don't bring contentment. Maybe she realises that all the potential she had has been wasted.
I think you have hit it on the head plus ...... she is looking so much like her dragon Mother and I think she knows it too.
Youth has gone and ........

Reactions: 19
well I am wondering if the timeline of SJs video is even near the same day as the Selmar video. I dont think we can assume they are or are not. As a reflection in time, the fire video alone shows a side that does seem behind the veil of mania. The fans are pushing for SJ to pour the money into the chateau, what if she is bound to check with the other owners first but has not revealed that? it seemed that the Nati apartment discussion showed how they were trying to be practical about the spend. I would think that long face at the fire has to do with money.

Either they want some of hers to get out of the lalonde adventure or she is trying to have them match funding of any work being done that will benefit the common areas. I think this is why we are seeing improvements to her areas and not the other parts of the chateau. Why put the chandelier she loves out in the bnb rooms or kitchen when she can have it for her own space. It's all about the cash for Ms Fanny Flash.

Reactions: 17
love the title :)

just one observation, so the princess leaves to party while having guests as predicted,
but the more interesting one is that PJJ is actually leading (not only while dancing) and was invited to meet tess, therefore I start to believe that there might be something to the rumor

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I wonder if the miserable look is that she is being forced to examine her own life & is having some sort of mid-life crisis. What has she achieved? Every material possession she has, has been acquired with other people's money. She has a chateau that she managed to acquire with money from her parents; she has hardly earned a penny from real work in her life. Her current earnings are from ad revenue for a few YT videos. She lives a hedonistic lifestyle, again paid for mostly by others. She has not managed to sustain a lasting adult personal relationship and is now with a timid young boy, half her age, rather than being in a loving, supportive, equal partnership. Most of the friends, employees and others surrounding her are drifters who also have unfulfilled lives. The fans and people financing her life are needy strangers and sycophants who lack common sense and intelligence and are searching for 2 minutes of attention from a stranger, wanting to hear their names read out on what they see as a TV programme. Maybe she is beginning to see that this is what her life amounts to. She had a lot going for her when she was young; she had financial security and a place at Oxford, she also had, what seems from afar, to have been a responsible and socially aware spouse. Now, she lives in a crumbling chateau, unable to get anything properly restored and finished and all she can manage to do is to add to all the unnecessary material possessions and fripperies that actually don't bring contentment. Maybe she realises that all the potential she had has been wasted.
What an accurate, well thought through and realistic picture you paint of SJ and the no-way-out life she has created for herself. Bravo! I sincerely doubt however that any of this will find its way to her brain, let alone her heart or any other part of her body capable of turning things around. She has explained herself that she was suffering from a depression in the years after her father died. That episode is bound to repeat itself, yet a lot more intense because now she has herself to blame. Her friends and family couldn’t save her from it then and they won’t be able this time either. With all the money she has gained, all she really bought is a ticket to sadness and loneliness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Comments from Selmar's flog
Life on la lande 4

tom smith
1 hour ago
Steph looked well pissed off , obviously, hasn't got any coke,or speed,,,, fire and that dumb monotonous drumming,ok if you are on coke, ice, or heroine,etc

tom smith

1 hour ago
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Should I order this gift for the new loo???
images (32).jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
From the live chat yesterday...
Numbers are down, no BJJ or Manor and Maker, super fans are having trouble with reservations, more questions than answers about the chicken coop, SJ and Mummykins are trying to look like a united front.

Donna Davis Art Only 400 watching this close? I wonder if Summer is making others too busy to catch up everytime, that is my problem of late

VivPhotography @Céleste Reumert Refn I would love to! If Lalande isn't already fully booked
Céleste Reumert Refn @VivPhotography I am corresponding with Nati on the subject

The Chateau Diaries Hello lovely people!!!
The Chateau Diaries I’m very happy to share this episode with you because it has one of my favourite scenes
Sara Viegas Weren't the chickens supposed to have a new spot in the orchard??
The Chateau Diaries @sara Viegas They are, but a company called Omlet has offered us an amazing chicken coop in August so we’re waiting for it!
The Chateau Diaries @MsPmartens Hopefully in August

The Chateau Diaries Philip says hi to everyone! He can’t be in the premiere tonight. Maybe because he’s too embarrassed about Chicken Run

The Chateau Diaries @isabelle Jarvis Goodnight Mummykins!!!
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight darling

What was described months ago, was a chicken palace. This isn't a palace.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Bang ! (from Selmar's drumming vlog)

Paula Dr

19 hours ago
This is the most awkward video I have ever seen on YouTube. I wonder what would happen if Selmar looked as grumpy and fake in a Chateau Diaries vlog as Stephanie did in this video. Selmar, you can't seriously think these people appreciate you, do you? You can't possibly be fooled by a few "That's beautiful" now and again at this point.

Hide reply

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The doll is Tess Hoffman’s gimmick. She’s been dragging that ugly thing everywhere for years now, making people feel really uncomfortable.
Yes, the doll has been around for sometime... So, it all boils down to SJ wanting what Tess has.
64917696_304823613730818_6630426699763882072_n(1).jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
So Dana dancing with the doll is as if she were dancing with Aloysius, Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear. Ugh.

PS : OMG Philip look rocks this time !!! Striped yellow top + white socks + grand dad slippers (not to forget the woollen hat). A caricature 😅
You've put your finger on something creepy SJ and PJ share. A love of granny style. When he dressed her for the pretty swanky FHS meeting, he chose a granny Joan Collins cocktail dress and an '80s granny Cyndi Lauper side pony tail. (Not an outfit you wear to part rich and influential people from their money.) Both spent their childhoods with old people. Necro wear. Ugh.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
So Dana dancing with the doll is as if she were dancing with Aloysius, Sebastian Flyte's teddy bear. Ugh.

You've put your finger on something creepy SJ and PJ share. A love of granny style. When he dressed her for the pretty swanky FHS meeting, he chose a granny Joan Collins cocktail dress and an '80s granny Cyndi Lauper side pony tail. (Not an outfit you wear to part rich and influential people from their money.) Both spent their childhoods with old people. Necro wear. Ugh.
To be fair it was a Vivienne Westwood dress!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.