The Chateau Diaries #43 The Mad Queen who is eating her cake and everyone else's too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BJJ is flailing. He arrived at the same time as Sara and Steve, August 2020. There is more to all of their arrivals at Lalande as volunteers. Now that they, (Sara and Steve), are no longer there, all he has is Andie to rely on. The evidence is their sad gift exchange, below and during the gift grab flog.

@andiewieringa
2 days ago
This is the vieuw out of my room at #chateaudelalande with the two water jugs @philipjanssen bought for me. Let the light shine on them.

Another interesting note, in the live chats BJJ is always chatty with Manor and Maker but is never acknowledged by Isabelle, Percy, Gerry or Potty. If he was hired as SJ's assistant, content creator, editor, chateau liaison, handler, companion, side kick, he is failing and it is very apparent now.

Side note, Things aren't going well when Neil Hartley, (a recent guest at Lalande), is posting sassy comments at the end of the live chat.
Neil Hartley@The Chateau Diaries that book is perfect for a German tour guide

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Do we know Vivienne and Simon surname ?

How did they manage to be invited (and to invite 2 other people) at this inaugural launch dinner ?
More than likely either bought tickets, made a donation or are, wait for it, PATRONS!!!! Yes, you can be a patron of a real life non-profit museum. And how annoying for the other paid luncheon guests to be seated near SJ and Simon with their cameras out the entire time while people were eating.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

How did they manage to be invited (and to invite 2 other people) at this inaugural launch dinner ?
Haven't found their last name so far, but here's their Workaway page.

UPDATE:
Birt? Vivienne and Simon Birt reference here:

BJJ is flailing...
Another interesting note, in the live chats BJJ is always chatty with Manor and Maker but is never acknowledged by Isabelle, Percy, Gerry or Potty. If he was hired as SJ's assistant, content creator, editor, chateau liaison, handler, companion, side kick, he is failing and it is very apparent now.
In the episode where PJ shows up in the black lace t shirt, Potts blew him off as if he were a dirty piece of toilet paper stuck to his shoe. I felt it through the screen. PJ responded, in typical lickspittle style, by asking Potts to teach him to make bread. Potty is so proud of his bread he bakes it in the middle of prep for Christmas dinner for 20, bottlenecking kitchen traffic at its busiest moment.
Good catch on the purdah IJ, Percy and Gerry have put him in.

Simon Edward and Vivienne Mcdougall Birt

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Philip is not going to last. SJ has been distancing from him recently. There is a change in the dynamic. She is losing interest. I think she gets on well with Nati because Nati is busy and not a constant presence. Kat and Marie have their own interests which take up their free time. Others are not there all the time. With Philip holding the camera, editing cadeaux, sharing all her interests, everything was great for her at first - particularly during lockdown when she needed companionship. Now she is in wider company, getting out more and her success seems unstoppable, she is, I think, finding that he is cramping her style. He will be gone as soon as she finds someone else she likes to be with more and he will be demoted, like Marie. It won't be long before his orders come from Nati. As for his own channel - I would rather watch paint dry.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
he will be demoted, like Marie.
She could kill two birds with one stone: by dropping him before september, Flowerkiller doesn't have to return for his birthday...Think about it, SJ, a whole new staff of fresh unspoiled volunteers could be your new entourage, now isn't that an endearing thought? Please?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Funny... Now that Real Aiglon and Duchess of Couteau hve been "targeted" (in their own words), their other buddy (the quiet so far Baron de Lestac) attacks another poster :

Frances A
7 hours ago (edited)
Sorry to say this ladies of Lalande, but children watch these vlogs, is it possible to tone down the revealing dresses bearing this in mind please? I sometimes watch with my grandchildren. Its not easy to watch with my 12 year old grandson without embarrassment. I thought it was safe family entertainment. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hide 3 replies

Alpha Bravo
Alpha Bravo
4 hours ago
Really? I can't read comments like yours without deep embarrassement for the human race. I thought this channel was family friendly but I keep seeing people like you shaming women for the way they dress. Children could also read the comments. What example are you giving them attacking women for the way they look out of sheer jealousy? Your shameful comment would be already removed on Marie's channel; moderators of this channel should be much less lenient.
Show less

Baron de Lestac
Baron de Lestac
1 hour ago
No, sadly you're not the only one. Plenty of other bigots and moralists are attacking Marie. What a disgusting thing to be doing!

Baron de Lestac
Baron de Lestac
1 hour ago
@Alpha Bravo That's true. When jealousy's speaking, it's rarely pretty.

EDIT

It seems they have another buddy : Alpha Beta. Same tactic, same method of cyberbullying on the same comments as the other bullies.

Reactions: 10
BJJ is flailing. He arrived at the same time as Sara and Steve, August 2020. There is more to all of their arrivals at Lalande as volunteers. Now that they, (Sara and Steve), are no longer there, all he has is Andie to rely on. The evidence is their sad gift exchange, below and during the gift grab flog.

@andiewieringa
2 days ago
This is the vieuw out of my room at #chateaudelalande with the two water jugs @philipjanssen bought for me. Let the light shine on them.

Side note, Things aren't going well when Neil Hartley, (a recent guest at Lalande), is posting sassy comments at the end of the live chat.
Neil Hartley@The Chateau Diaries that book is perfect for a German tour guide
Snorty got there in August but SJ was still calling him Fill -eep in October. She may not have paid him any attention until she knew she wouldn’t have Michael Petherick to help do Christmas videos. That’s when she pronounced his name correctly.

Reactions: 15
OH MY DOG-I just watched Selmar’s latest video! this was a great adventure to some cha-toes and a dog-free Abby-Selmar appears to be creeping on cha-toes rather than scheduling appointments to visit-and today he did it on his bicycle! Selmar has a very unusual vlog style…(trying to find something nice to say)…Selmar it appears really loves darling Diesel-Diesel rides in the bike’s basket-Selmar riding the bike and filming with his phone made me 🤢—and his camera angles are…but the vlog over all was certainly…something… here are 2 screen grabs to enjoy

(is he wearing a leather mask? 🥺)
Even Diesel looks bored!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just too much Philip in my opinion, he is not interesting or talented and really can’t do very much this makes him annoying , I don’t get why he has so much air time , I really think it is bad for her channel , but maybe people like him ? I do t know
As much as I don’t like MPK at least he is interesting and has good chemistry with SJ.

Reactions: 15
and are looking for a business space, while I fact you just want to stay at somebody else’s house for free: check. Return to your masters education institute in fall,
So, she's got two weeks of free accommodation at Miranda Ash's house in Hampshire (she needs to learn how to pronounce that county!) so the begging paid off but it's nowhere near Norfolk or Suffolk where she wants to end up. Her next two interviews are with chatelaines, Erin and Rebecca; As predicted, most of her interviews will be chateaux-related, but at least, they'll be easier on the eye and ear than SJ! I think Miranda Ash will be another of her interviewees in due course. Can't see the florist business getting off the ground in the near future!

Reactions: 14
You know many misfits have shown their cleavage en masse on the "Queen's videos -including herself- but FRK with no bra just make me uncomfortable! And I grew up in the 70's when burning bras were all the rage. So no matter if many countries are comfortable seeing braless women....it still makes me uncomfortable.
And I think her over confidence while braless makes it the most cringe worthy. I want to scream at her" When SJ tells you you look bee-u-tee-fool...." Do Not Believe It!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Marie's new channel. Now I know the tag is Success Stories, but surely, the point of interviewing someone everyone already knows is to either elicit some interesting, new and excusive information. So, "In what ways has success brought you happiness in your romantic life?" or "We know, with your phenomenal success, that the Chateau will soon be finished. What would be your next project and how do you intend to make sure that succeeds?" and, "In order to be successful, you would surely want the chateau not only to be beautiful but also to be an investment. How do you strike a balance to ensure you succeed in the short term?" might be pertinent and interesting questions. Instead it is just a mindless compliment fest. SJ should want to rise to the challenge of such questions. "In what ways do you encourage others to succeed?" and "How do you share your success?" might be other ones. With this sort of questioning, Marie might have shown some skill and a reason to watch the channel. Failing this, how about just making sure you get some interesting anecdotes or stories we have not heard before.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I am a bit ambivalent about FRK's going braless.
Firstly, it's her body she can do what she wants to do, and that is go braless for the world to see.
However, I just want her to consider time and place. That midsummer party with two men, who are married, and their wives watching her show off her flaccid titties. I wonder how they'd feel about it.
If she wanted to go braless, then she should have worn a dress with a higher neckline (like Erin). If she really wanted to wear that dress, then invest in a good nude bra or camisole from a lingerie store. If those garments feel too restictive, then nipple covers and breast tape!
Marie is a 30 year old woman, she is not an anti-bra punk in her 20's. She should know better about decorum and appropriateness!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The more SJ visits and films other chateaux and their owners, the more damage she is doing to her own reputation. However much we may disagree with their grifting, nearly all the others are more hard-working and committed to renovation than SJ is. Most of them are actively doing a lot of the work themselves; most have much better taste and generally seem to be more stable, natural, and pleasant people. SJ is not in the same class (in all its meanings) as the rest of them and they must find her, and the gate-crashing entourage she insists on taking with her, a laughing stock. As someone else said, I would love to be a fly on the wall after she has left. The tours she conducts show up the enormous differences in achievements and in taste between the various chateaux and LL. She is not doing herself any favours with all these vlogs. The others may get some publicity from it but ultimately she is gaining more money by doing it. If she went round the country filming other large houses for her "job", she would be paying for accommodation and food, even though it would be tax-deductible; these chateaux owners are providing all that free of charge in exchange for a pot of honey or a handful of unpackaged eggs and having to endure the histrionics and hysteric laughter!
Excellent point. I watched Anna and Edds clean up after the storm. Got to work straight away. I would have been annoyed at cleaning up an average house, but something that size outside and kitchens inside. I have to admire that for sheer bravo and can do attitude.
Philip and Steph faint if they have to scrape a few tiles and God forbid if an animal dares to have pawprints in some cement.
I am eagerly awaiting the channel 4 show. It will be laughable watching them pretend to do some work.

I am a bit ambivalent about FRK's going braless.
Firstly, it's her body she can do what she wants to do, and that is go braless for the world to see.
However, I just want her to consider time and place. That midsummer party with two men, who are married, and their wives watching her show off her flaccid titties. I wonder how they'd feel about it.
If she wanted to go braless, then she should have worn a dress with a higher neckline (like Erin). If she really wanted to wear that dress, then invest in a good nude bra or camisole from a lingerie store. If those garments feel too restictive, then nipple covers and breast tape!
Marie is a 30 year old woman, she is not an anti-bra punk in her 20's. She should know better about decorum and appropriateness!
I agree, I am not a prude but time,place and etiquette dictate the dress.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.